Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+6
Genacon
#endgame
toiss
Grendal
KingCam
Fled74
10 posters

Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne?

Fled74
    Fled74

Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne? Empty Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne?

Post  Fled74 Thu May 27, 2010 5:42 am

Or am I just the only one who's "open" with my toy gun fascination?

Hello all, I'm a 35-year-old Nerf herder from Melbourne's western burbs.
    Married with 2 small kids. My older daughter is 4 and she has her own unmodded Nite Finder, which she loves, even if she sometimes needs help with the cocking handle.

I was into airsoft for several years overseas, but had to sell my guns before moving to Australia 7 years ago. I discovered Nerf guns 2 years ago and have slowly been building my collection.

At the moment I have a painted & modded Maverick, 2 modded Recons, a modded Longshot and a painted & modded Vulcan. My non-Nerf arsenal includes a painted & modded sawn-off BuzzBee Double Shot, a stock BuzzBee Belt Blaster, a stock Tommy 20, a stock AirZone 8 pistol and a painted & modded AirZone Punisher Minigun.

I'm designing a gun rack to go on a wall in my study so I can eventually display my foam armoury, along with my martial arts weapons
    KingCam
    KingCam

Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne? Empty Re: Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne?

Post  KingCam Thu May 27, 2010 5:52 am

Nice to meet you I hope you have a good time at (oz nerf) here a link to the next nerf war in melbourne it on the 29th of may I hope you can come and have some fun.
    https://oznerf.forumotion.com/nerf-wars-f7/humans-vs-zombies-on-the-29th-of-may-2010-t1423.htm
    Grendal
    Grendal

Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne? Empty Re: Am I the oldest Nerf fan in Melbourne?

Post  Grendal Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 am

Nope - not the oldest...
    toiss
    toiss

Post  toiss Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 am

Cool, this proves that Nerf is enjoyed by EVERYONE!
    #endgame
    #endgame

Post  #endgame Thu May 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Well, I would've guessed "yes" but for Grendal's post.

Welcome aboard, anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the cabinet when it's done.
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Thu May 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Fled74 wrote:Or am I just the only one who's "open" with my toy gun fascination?

Hello all, I'm a 35-year-old Nerf herder from Melbourne's western burbs.
    Married with 2 small kids. My older daughter is 4 and she has her own unmodded Nite Finder, which she loves, even if she sometimes needs help with the cocking handle.

At the moment I have a painted & modded Maverick, 2 modded Recons, a modded Longshot and a painted & modded Vulcan. My non-Nerf arsenal includes a painted & modded sawn-off BuzzBee Double Shot, a stock BuzzBee Belt Blaster, a stock Tommy 20, a stock AirZone 8 pistol and a painted & modded AirZone Punisher Minigun.

I'm designing a gun rack to go on a wall in my study so I can eventually display my foam armoury, along with my martial arts weapons

You sound like an older version of me, or at least where i want to be at that age (married, kids, toy gun fascination) .
    Good to know that people older than me can still like stuff like this.

Welcome.
    largamus

Post  largamus Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:08 am

Gee at nearly 52 looks like i'm the old guy . just started collecting and modifing these things but it is great fun . Already have a few, 2 mavericks ,1 with a removable barrel a bit different to what i have seen ,mine can also just flip out to be reloaded or totally removable. 2 recons , 1 with some minor mods 1 longshot standard, 1 buzzbee rapidfire , 1 airzone punisher and am just going out now to pickup a vulcan . all this in one week i better slow down or i'll be broke . any ideas on what others i should buy would be appreciated
    Atlas8817

Location : McDowall, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, The Ocean

Post  Atlas8817 Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 am

I heard you had a pinted and modded Vulcan, are you a fan?
    largamus

Post  largamus Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 am

not a vulcan , i'm just going out now to pick it up but hopefully will have had a look at it over the weekend so i can start thinking of some mods for it
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 am

I'm sure I'll see you old fogeys at RoF then. You arthritis might prevent you from playing but you're welcome to check it out.
    largamus

Post  largamus Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:18 am

sorry i'm just new at this ,what is RoF. Also no arthritis but do have a big gut ie largamus
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 am

Reign of Foam, Australia's first national nerf war, is coming to Melbourne this year Dec 18-19. There's a big post about it in the nerf war section with rules on what we'll be playing, FFP.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 am

WooooHooooo i am no longer the oldest here, about time someone came along and took over that role.
    largamus

Post  largamus Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:23 am

Will try but its the day after my birthday, might not be in to good a shape

6:25pm - Well I'm of to buy more.

I've deleted the second post, please take a moment to read the rules of the forum, so to avoid future offences. But I still have to give you one strike. - phuonguyen
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:17 pm

largamus, if you have a post above, please edit that one, double posting is frowned upon here.

But i am still the oldest that is a nerf war regular. Would you others get out to wars more often Please!!!
    Fled74
    Fled74

Post  Fled74 Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:35 am

Good to see there's some older people here who are not ashamed of playing with toy guns.

I've got you beat, largamus - I have a gut *and* arthritis!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am