Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
killerbunny
littlebro05
tank720
dylzy321
CobraNerf
Genacon
biotnerf
who
Winterstrike
13 posters

Hasbro rep

Winterstrike

Hasbro rep Empty Hasbro rep

Post  Winterstrike Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am

Does anyone know who the Hasbro rep is for each state and for Australia? I want to write a bunch of letters to them and possibly meet them in regards to the idea of starting up official nerf tournaments for Australia just like they have in USA.
    who
    who

Hasbro rep Empty Re: Hasbro rep

Post  who Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:53 am

How about an offical nerf store?
    biotnerf
    biotnerf

Post  biotnerf Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 pm

I would like to ask the Hasbro rep why Nerf in Australia doesnt have the same display stands like they do in Hong Kong.....they actually have the practice target range so you can try one of the guns out. Makes a big difference when your trying to promote a product if you can have such a confronting display, especially given that in Hong Kong most of the toy shops are very small - even SOGO has a smaller toy department then most suburban Myers.
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Winterstrike wrote:Does anyone know who the Hasbro rep is for each state and for Australia? I want to write a bunch of letters to them and possibly meet them in regards to the idea of starting up official nerf tournaments for Australia just like they have in USA.

I know one of the Hasbro reps in the Sydney area (not personally) as she comes into my store every now and then. I've not seen her in awhile though. I'll find out when she is due into the store next and see if i can get some information from her.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 am

I don't know who but the Hasbro Distribution Centre is in Eastwood, NSW and their phone number is 1300 138 697.
    dylzy321
    dylzy321

Post  dylzy321 Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:57 am

I dont now any reps but that is very good idea.
    tank720
    tank720

Post  tank720 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 pm

i messaged them they say they won't do it because we do not have enough of a fanbase here is the actual message

Hi There

Unfortunately, at present we have no plans to run this competition in Australia. Statistically the fan base in the USA is so much larger than in Australia.

I'd like to thank you for your correspondence, and assure you that we do take on board your concerns, and feed back.

so hope that helped
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:16 pm

tank720 wrote: i messaged them they say they won't do it because we do not have enough of a fanbase here is the actual message

Hi There

Unfortunately, at present we have no plans to run this competition in Australia. Statistically the fan base in the USA is so much larger than in Australia.

I'd like to thank you for your correspondence, and assure you that we do take on board your concerns, and feed back.

so hope that helped

That definitely did help... (sarcasm) NAH JUST KIDDING. That just means that you, Tank720 has added some more fuel to the fire to flame up our motivation to spread Nerf nation wide, and hope that one day that there will be a 'Nerf Tournament'.

Although, one massive down side is that we'll probably be required to use 'stock' guns :(. Obviously because you wouldn't be able to bring a big blast into it or a overhaul longshot that shoots 'stefans' that hurt LOL.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:31 pm

That response is absolute shit. Are you telling me that Singapore, which is 6 times smaller than us in population has a larger fan base? I'm not giving up because some middle manager or some PR guy responds that way. ROF and future events will show them how wrong they can be.
    tank720
    tank720

Post  tank720 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 pm

yes we shall we all have to get our friends family members anyone to get involved for the sake of tornaments.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes I agree we should spread nerf.
    Then they have to give us a competition. After all we will giving them free advertising.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

killerbunny wrote:Yes I agree we should spread nerf.
    Then they have to give us a competition. After all we will giving them free advertising.

Haha yeah, free advertising. But as you know the "Hasbro" online for Australia has absolutely shit customer service and it's like they couldn't give a shit in general. Although with tournaments... guns will all be stock unfortunately. Doubt they'd let us used 'modified' guns because it IS meant to be 'illegal?" I don't know against the rules to do that. Still... with free guns to give away or cash prize... that's a small price to pay! Just learn how to rush and dodge better!.
    Reaper
    Reaper

Post  Reaper Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 am

I agree - we WOULD have to war with stock guns. However, stock guns are a lot fairer - in a stock gun war, it matters who's the best player, not who's the richest player and has the most time to uber-mod the X-Bow the bought off Ebay for $500. And with that, this here mini-rant be finished.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:25 am

Reaper wrote:I agree - we WOULD have to war with stock guns. However, stock guns are a lot fairer - in a stock gun war, it matters who's the best player, not who's the richest player and has the most time to uber-mod the X-Bow the bought off Ebay for $500. And with that, this here mini-rant be finished.

I wouldn't say that would be a rant. The way I see it is that a Nerf Stock War is based on skill, agility and speed to dodge and retaliate against play. It's because the ranges on these guns are usually 30ft at BEST (besides the titan that can launch a big ass missile 60ft, and magstrikes that fire 50ft out of the box), it would be energy demanding since you'll be constantly dodging darts. Just like you said Reaper, it'll be fairer.

+ I'd rather play wars that require mods in a less 'public' approach as Nerf discourages modifications as said on the box and it probably says something 'we are not holding responsibility for your actions' on the box somewhere
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 am

Reaper wrote:I agree - we WOULD have to war with stock guns. However, stock guns are a lot fairer - in a stock gun war, it matters who's the best player, not who's the richest player and has the most time to uber-mod the X-Bow the bought off Ebay for $500. And with that, this here mini-rant be finished.

I have a big blast with a 35 drum mag on it. (Costs roughly 8.00) in material to make.

That doesn't cost a fortune and also would leave Z - X - C - A Box for dead.

Why do we need Hasbro anyway? They haven't released a good blaster in the last 2 years. I think we could do 10 times better than a mega corporation could do.

All we need is

A Few people good at management.
    Some sort of CMS based content management system to handle event ladders, tournaments tables etc. (I have a system already it just needs content and some bug fixes)
    Prizes etc. (Easily arranged) (Have an entry fee of $5.00, add it up and there's your prize)
    I also have the cheapest and best foam source available which beats buying darts at 50c retail.
    Advertising, seriously how much does some A4 paper and some creativity cost? We also have people selling on ebay, we could advertise this place through there which is very wide exposure.

As for stock guns VS real mans guns.

Stock guns for wars aged 16 or less or 18 or less or whatever the laws allow.

Above that sign a contract before playing to say if you get hurt its your own fault.

Nerf don't like mods because they lose money. Reverse plungers is just another way to pull a second purchase, and their darts are also highly priced, probably not intentionally because they would have overheads.
    rickt

Post  rickt Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:02 am

The hasbro sales rep for nerf QLD (well hasbro) is mathew sitt.

I have his business card somewhere, I met him at the toy and hobby expo in melbourne first half of the year
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 am

Please make sure informer ends up with a copy of that business card. I wouldn't mind a copy myself too.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Winterstrike wrote:Please make sure informer ends up with a copy of that business card. I wouldn't mind a copy myself too.

That'd be great, hopefully he's not a money hungry grub like who ever is running the show up top.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Does Hasbro realise that they have almost created a sport? Do they realise they'll it up if they keep releasing shitty guns?
    who
    who

Post  who Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Even if you the modders disappeared nerf would still rolling in it. Nerf is now one of the highest selling toys and you can't tell me there all modders who are buying it. And that's why nerf is releasing more automatic guns case thats what little(and some big) kids want. Lots of rate of fire and no cocking, hence the stampede. And if you hate these new guns then don't come whning to me, just don't buy them.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah I get what your saying. But really nerf could make all their guns shoot 50ft if they wanted to.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 pm

These are for kids. the kid demographic will always be bigger. kids ARE happy with stock nerf guns, they dont know any better. Sure hasbro could, they could make their guns shoot 100ft, but then they would be dangerous.. safety is a huge concern there are so many rules and regulations around the toy industry it is incredible.

Aj
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Don't magstrikes fire 50ft? and how is it less dangerous then a nitefinder that shoots 50ft.
    rickt

Post  rickt Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Not sure how much help hasbro will be they dont actually distribute the guns here in aus. Thats actually another company who is responsible for the distribution.

I wont be publishing the details on a public forum, but I will send a pm to informer once I can get the details from work

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 pm