If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Attention K-Mart Shoppers

Chronic1

Attention K-Mart Shoppers

Post  Chronic1 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:15 am

Hello, Im new around here. 1st Thread, 1st Post. Anyway....

Keep an eye on the returned stock bargain bins at your local K-Marts.
    I was just cruising K-Mart Castle Hill yesterday and came across the mother load. They had a bunch of Nerf gun returns on the clearance table

1 x AS-10 Magstrike.
    1 x CS-6 Longsthot
    3 x EBF-25 Vulcans(double darts)

All customer returns with big yellow stickers on the box detailing the return reasons. Had to laugh when the Longshot was described as "Not firing orange thingys". The As20 was marked "not maintaining pressure", and the Vulcans all said the same, fires manually no auto.
    ALL PRICED $10.01c.
    + a bunch of the Secret strikes (.21c)

While trying to work out how to balance the boxes on my sons pram (the bolts were attached, so the boxes were bulging), a couple with their grandson wanted 1, so I let them have it. At the very least I was going to profit on the clips/belts and ammo on Ebay, plus have some spares for mod mayhem. In the end I left with 1 x longshot, 2 x Vulcans for $30.03c.

Upon getting home I opened the boxes to find everything intact, except for 1 missing vulcan dart (although 1 box had a elastic band around the dart bag so a few are crushed). First I tried the Longshot, whole clip fired fine, I think they may not have been cycling the breach fully. Next up, both vulcans fired full belts without problem. One vulcan had the battery sled in upside down so the contacts weren't aligned, maybe thats why they couldn't get it working. Damn I wish I hadn't given the third one up, it would have most likely worked fine too. Either way, the drones at K-Mart don't seem to question customer returns.

All in all 2 Vulcans and a Longshot, all fully functioning, as new no blemishes (except the odd dart), for a little more than a Recon at Big W ($27.80). So keep an eye on your local K-Mart bargain bins. They'll sell a crap load of pallets of these guns by the end of the sale. And with the nations average I.Q decreasing by the day, there will be plenty more opportunities like this.
    Any way I'm off to see how many stores I can hit today.
    Happy hunting.

Last edited by Chronic1 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Re: Attention K-Mart Shoppers

Post  neumein on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 am

Yeah, scored myself a DoubleShot (yeah, I know, a crap gun, but still.), for $4 from the clearance table, because the cocking cable/rope thingo had snapped. I promptly replaced it with some high tensile fishing line, and it works beautifully! Definately keeping my eyes peeled next time I go to Kmart again...
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 am

Oh why did you post that thread now!!! I was at K-mart today and did not even think about that :(. Next time I'm going it is Sunday. Wish me luck!

I bet because the customer probably were using suction darts and hence it didn't fire.
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 am

I've been generally keeping an eye out at my Kmart for them. a Vulcan got down to $20 before it disappeared. Now i've got my eye on a longshot, it's down to $30. I will be tracking it's progress,lol.

Great finds Chronic1!!
    Nerfer4lyf

Post  Nerfer4lyf on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 am

well i went to my kmart today they have shitloads of mavericks nitefinders secret strikes and vulcans i only went to go pick up my laybay of a magstrike and longshot im excited
    Chronic1

Post  Chronic1 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:05 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Oh why did you post that thread now!!! I was at K-mart today and did not even think about that :(. Next time I'm going it is Sunday. Wish me luck!

I bet because the customer probably were using suction darts and hence it didn't fire.

Back in the day, they used to have a flashing red light on a stand with wheels at the bargain bin. Plus regular announcements over the P.A, that usually started with "Attention Kmart shoppers......", hence the title of the thread. I guess the ambulance like flashing light on a stand, tethered to a far off power point is a bit of an OH&S no no these days.

Not sure on the suction darts, I think they used the stock ones out of the box. Some of the streamlines were a bit chewed at rear end. Don't know if that was because everything was loose in the box or not. One of the vulcans still had most of the darts in the packet like they were new, cept for the whole ripped in the other end of the bag.

Still cant believe the 1c tho. C'mon $10.01c, must be some hard assed algerbraic equation to determine the price. They could have rounded up to the nearest whole dollar, I would have taken em for $11. As I said, I thought they were busted and maybe in need of repair. And if that didn't work, Ebay would have doubled my investment (clips, parts for terminal modding cock ups). Thats why I wasn't too worried about letting the 3rd Vulcan go to the old couple. But after finding out they're OK, I really regret it.

Might go back and grab the AS-10, surely the clips worth $20 on Ebay (with darts), spare ones can't be easy to come buy for that model. Maybe its easily repairable, but I don't have experience with the bladder style.

Then there's the Target toy sale starting on the 22nd. Surely they have the same percentage of semi literate customers who can't comprehend instructions in diagramatic form

Last edited by Chronic1 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Genacon

Post  Genacon on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Chronic1 wrote:
    Still cant believe the 1c tho. C'mon $10.01c, must be some hard assed algerbraic equation to determine the price.

The reason for the .1c is so that it stands out on the POS (point of sale) reports the next day. The .1c stands for clearance item.

As a manager it makes things so mush easier for me the next day when i have to go through the reports.

I'm going to have to check my local kmart tomorrow.
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 pm

thanks for the heads up guys, I'll be checking my local for sure

Aj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    Chronic1

Post  Chronic1 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 am

Scored a third $10 Vulcan. Allegedly non firing, works fine. But only 28 whistlers in the box (1 is black/orange like from the ammo crates) + 1 streamline .
    Same store has another for $34 (no instructions in box, so not as big a reduction....yet), will wait for it to drop before I pounce.

As you can see only $40.04c to kickstart my armoury. Now to paint up and hang em on the walls like Big Daddies crib.
    Will post pics of these guns in" Nerf Arsenals" thread.
    Rees85

Post  Rees85 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Chronic1 wrote:Scored a third $10 Vulcan. Allegedly non firing, works fine. But only 28 whistlers in the box (1 is black/orange like from the ammo crates) + 1 streamline .
    Same store has another for $34 (no instructions in box, so not as big a reduction....yet), will wait for it to drop before I pounce.

As you can see only $40.04c to kickstart my armoury. Now to paint up and hang em on the walls like Big Daddies crib.
    Will post pics of these guns in" Nerf Arsenals" thread.

Don't you just get that feeling people don't jerry to the fact you need batteries for auto fire ?

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled also.
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:07 pm

When i went to kmart to get my longshot on the 2nd day of the sale, Of course i got the last one, Because some dips^#@ was returning it because they put the bolt together before putting it through the gun. So in the shop at the customer help desk i asked for a screwdriver, unscrewed the bolt, then used the screwdriver to open up the peices of plastic to pull out the metal rod. Then put it together properly and now it works perfectly
    nelz0r

Post  nelz0r on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Wait a sec ... bargain bin?

So IN THEORY I could buy something full price, say it isn't working, return it, get my money back and then buy it at a later time at a reduced price?!

I got's me some nefarious deeds that need done...
    Genericwizardguy

Post  Genericwizardguy on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:26 pm

nelz0r wrote:Wait a sec ... bargain bin?

So IN THEORY I could buy something full price, say it isn't working, return it, get my money back and then buy it at a later time at a reduced price?!

I like that thinking. But I'm positive they'd have a workaround.
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 pm

nelz0r wrote:Wait a sec ... bargain bin?

lol thats a great idea but they record who returns things so they might find odd if you keep returning stuff

i grabed a $30 longshot, on the box it said "parts missing" the only thing missing were 6 streamlines
    cray-

Post  cray- on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Best bet would be to do it in teams, otherwise you risk getting busted for buying back your own stuff. Not that I condone doing any of this of course.
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Nice find killer bunny
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I scored a working nerf gun on the Kmart clearance table for $2!
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm

It was a secret strike,lol. But its a damn good one!! It was missing the 2 darts that it usually comes with.

As for the clearance table, its usually a 3 shelf steel rack, white or cream in color, and it has stuff with big yellow stickers on them thrown all over and in it. My Kmart has theirs between the toy section, and the lay-by section

kickmiass

Post  kickmiass on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:21 pm

btw that magstrike at castle hill was my friends.. i told him to return it cuz it was faulty... haha
    the problem was with the pump.. it wudnt fill up the whole bladder there was a leak..
    my one also has the same problem but i cant find my receipt 0.0

Charger

Post  Charger on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Got a Streamer Ammo box in a Kmart bin today for $10.50 - Reason was 'Darts split when fired'. I love ignorant parents!!
    Aaron
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Aaron on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 pm

My local kmart 'Reduced' trolly is hidden in the Garden Section at the back, which means less kids buying perfectly good toys and more bargins for me!
    nerfin'dude

Post  nerfin'dude on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:22 pm

I went there to day. I scored a nf for $7.50.'It Said The light is umm broken' It was my friends across the road and he was going to sell it to me for 12 dollars.What a ripp off!

Sorry if i made any mistakes...Im guttered from double fitness trainings!
    Smeghead

Post  Smeghead on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:43 am

Holy dayum, I should've checked those bins lat night T.T I could've had a bigger profit than just my new Maverick D8
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anyone know where they are in the Firle K-mart? (I dont live around there thats just where i go) Or in Mt Barker?
    Primus1356

Post  Primus1356 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:17 am

Do they have a bargain bin in chatswood chase Kmart? really want a mav
    TooBz

Post  TooBz on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Just today Iwent to my local Kmart and went to the vlearance section. There was a Maverick which said" No packaging and doesnt click into play so it doesnt shoot continuesly" it was reduced to $6. I tested the Maverick my self and it worked perfectly and a mav cant shoot continuesly anyway. There was a DB there as well, but there was a magstrike lying around and saud missing darts. From $35 down to $12 and I asked my mum to buy it and she did (Hooray!) The funny thing is when I went home the air ristrictors were allready punched out clean. Who would return i mooded magstrike. (Sorry for bad grammer and spelling im using my Ipod touch)
    andy

Post  andy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:26 pm

all kmarts have a clearence area where they sell soiled and damaged products. Usually they are kept near the lay-by area but not all the time. Recently at the kmart i work at (chirnside park in Melbourne) their was 2 longshots, 2 vulcans and a magstrike. the 2 longshots didn't fire very well. 1 vulcan didn't auto fire (needed batteries) the other one was missing the darts and the magstrike leaked air. I picked up a longshot and a vulcan for $38.00 plus i got discount on top of that
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:35 pm

i keep forgetting to check out the Kmart clearance items, actually i keep forgetting to go to Kmart at all too, since i can send another lacky there to get what i want and they pay for me...
    andy

Post  andy on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 pm

yesterday i picked up a Longshot and streamline ammo box for $22.50.

The longshot was missing the scope and clip(including darts) for $25.00

The ammo box packaging was damaged for $20.00

I asked the lay-by chick and she immedietley lowered the prices by 50% for both items

What a score
    cray-

Post  cray- on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Tonight I picked up a Vulcan for $20 from the clearance shelf. It had $45 on it but I asked the young guy behind the counter if he could do any better since it was "like $49" during the toy sale & this one is broken.

Of course it works perfectly, at least for manual firing. You do need to make sure to cock it fully. I haven't put any batteries in yet for a full test, but I have a feeling the people that returned it didn't RTFM and put batts in at all.

Also grabbed an AS-10(?) or whatever they are, the rapid fire one, for $10. Not too sure about this one, the clip doesn't seem to move upward fully & empty. Are they battery operated at all? Makes quite a racket & the manual is missing. Will have to research more, only grabbed it cause it was cheap.
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:02 pm

cray- wrote:Also grabbed an AS-10(?) or whatever they are, the rapid fire one, for $10. Not too sure about this one, the clip doesn't seem to move upward fully & empty. Are they battery operated at all? Makes quite a racket & the manual is missing. Will have to research more, only grabbed it cause it was cheap.

That would be a Magstrike as-10, And no they don't use batteries.
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 am

K-mart in MT Barker has Bandoleir kits, magstrike, clear raiders, mavs, nit finders and heeps of Buzz Bee for all you Adelaide Hills nerfers

Vaelzan

Post  Vaelzan on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 am

It seems that Nerf products are one of the most common things on those clearance tables (apart from returns, I'm guessing that kids pull them apart in the store and play with them).

I managed to get a Longshot there. Half price because it was "missing pieces". Asked the guy there if I could open it up to see what was missing, nothing was. It actually had additional pieces - somebody had stuffed a Nite Finder in the box with it. Got both for $30.
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:22 am

Wow haha
    Where are the clearence tables usualy?
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:22 am

Vaelzan wrote:It seems that Nerf products are one of the most common things on those clearance tables (apart from returns, I'm guessing that kids pull them apart in the store and play with them).

I managed to get a Longshot there. Half price because it was "missing pieces". Asked the guy there if I could open it up to see what was missing, nothing was. It actually had additional pieces - somebody had stuffed a Nite Finder in the box with it. Got both for $30.

Awesome great first post.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:26 am