Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Nerf Maverick REV6

Smeghead
    Smeghead

Nerf Maverick REV6 Empty Nerf Maverick REV6

Post  Smeghead Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:09 pm

This is my second Nerf gun, Usually priced at around $15-20, I picked mine up at the Target sale for 13.

Straight to the point. It comes packed with 6 suction cup darts and the gun itself, nothing else fancy here. Out of the box, it has an effective range(Range without arcing) of somewhat 3.5-4 metres and a full range of 8. Despite coming with suction cup darts it preforms slightly better with streamline/clip system darts, with a minimum effective range of 4 metres, however, the full range remains roughly the same.

I've heard many great things about the Maverick, but overall, it's an average level gun, definitely one of the best pistols I've ever fired and I highly recommend it for CQB(Close-quarters battle) situations due to it's high rate of fire. It is although, a slow reload and has relatively low firepower, so take care in the field. Another issue is the turret, it only comes out about 1/3 of the way, allowing only two bullets to be loaded at once, Russian roulette is still fun though. And besides, it's a hugeass revolver, that alone is a great selling point, it's no surprise this is Nerf's best selling gun EVER.

Usage and storage tips:
    - Try not to pull the trigger too quickly as the turret takes time to line up with the air outlet, pulling the trigger too quickly causes jams
    - If using suction cup darts, make sure the cups on the dart aren't being turned back by the turret
    - Best for CQB situations, a good idea to fire it angled
    - It is possible to have the gun cocked and still reload, a good idea for a tight sitch
    - DO NOT use any darts besides Nerf darts or good Stefans because it most certainly will NOT fire and it will be diffcult to get the dart out of the turret

- It is ok to leave bullets in the gun , there will be no strain whatsoever
    - (No-brainer) Leave the gun uncocked when storing

Overall, It's a great sidearm, biggest problem is cocking, doing it too much can cause slight wrist discomfort, it's a good idea to tie up a sort of 'pull' for the Maverick, much like the Nite Finder has.
    Modifying this gun is incredibly easy, it's internals aren't glued at all, and it's virtually impossible to break anything if you're careful and it's a great starter for those looking to mod as it requires only basic tools to boost this guns performance.

PS. One of my first reviews, if missing anything, please tell ^^

Last edited by Smeghead on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    BarneyNurfalot
    BarneyNurfalot

Nerf Maverick REV6 Empty Re: Nerf Maverick REV6

Post  BarneyNurfalot Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Thanks for the review I have three Mavericks and I find them pretty good although I think I broke my oldest one trying to modify it. Only thing being whenever I have tried to use streamline darts in either my stock Maverick or Nightfinder they haven't worked very well. I'm curious as to why yours is working better.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:28 pm

My maverick.

Mods:
    Nerf Hyperfire spring
    AR removal
    Russian roulette mod

'Tis very good with this spring
    Smeghead
    Smeghead

Post  Smeghead Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:08 am

BarneyNurfalot wrote:Thanks for the review I have three Mavericks and I find them pretty good although I think I broke my oldest one trying to modify it. Only thing being whenever I have tried to use streamline darts in either my stock Maverick or Nightfinder they haven't worked very well. I'm curious as to why yours is working better.
    I've got no ideas towards that, perhaps you could try straightening them?

As for mods... Well, people can read your post BPV :3

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm