Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+43
thenerfninja
Unknown
mister_elliott
Synergie
BlitzkriegNerfTeam
WV17
thatwestykid
clunk07
Akimbo Assassin
Xoenz
Nerfblackop
PhantomSambo
whichgrep
Saintznerf
Warstream96
Biggles
f 14tomcat4
SuctionCup
TheKhakinator
Joey
Khail
gooni
Trigga_happy
Servulus
killerbunny
Myrmidont
Chaos-Blades
radiantraidercs-35
Psykka
nerffirefight24
TheNed
SnowDragon
Neodore
Switchblade
crumpetstastenice
bulletproofvest
KingCam
Door_Beatle
Roger Explosion
Winterstrike
The Cheshire Ranger
littlebro05
47 posters

Eye Protection At Nerf Wars?

Neodore
    Neodore

Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eye Protection At Nerf Wars?

Post  Neodore Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:30 am

SnowDragon wrote:
    radiantraidercs-35 wrote:Have tested A modded titan range at 160ft propelling heavys (heavy waighted stefans) against Spy Gear nightvision glasses from less than 5ft away only left a scratch

I like it when people modify a nerf gun so much it damages plastic eyewear.

yeah but its going to be a sad day when we start aiming for headshots using heavy hardtiped ammo at something less than 2 meters away. that would sound like someone cracking the shit and wanting to hurt people as oppose to someone just having fun.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:58 am

Accidents happen gentleman.
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Winterstrike wrote:Accidents happen gentleman.

I will agree with this as this happened to me today coped a shot to the eye today with a hardtipped dart today, wasn't fun :/ i still stand by using only soft tips as its going to be a lot better than losing an eye
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 am

Not really related to eye safety but it's face-safety based.
    I've been looking at several options for face protection, mainly for use against heavy darts. I found a very cheap alternative in neoprene motorcycle masks like so;
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 06zanh10
    They're cheap like $10 to $20. Obviously I'd try to get on that wasn't all black.

Maybe I'll sew a spongebob square pants patch onto it or something.

Last edited by Chaos-Blades on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:50 am

Furthermore, I have been looking for more face protection & have found a few other things.
    You can get these from RSEA,
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 14509810
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 43702210
    Link
    The blue one kinda reminds me of this dude's mask,
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 8533-110

Found another eaxmple of protective masks, this one's an actual airsoft mask,
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 Soft8010
    Found it here.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Are any of these good for wars?
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 IMG_1906

Myrmidont
    Myrmidont

Post  Myrmidont Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:57 pm

I'd suggest stomping and shooting them with your best gun at point blank to test them. I don't like the green one's chances.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Myrmidont wrote:I'd suggest stomping and shooting them with your best gun at point blank to test them. I don't like the green one's chances.

I think stomping would break most safety glasses. put the glasses up against the wall or something so they don't move (if they move it lessens the impact) then shot at them.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 pm

killerbunny wrote:
    Myrmidont wrote:I'd suggest stomping and shooting them with your best gun at point blank to test them. I don't like the green one's chances.

I think stomping would break most safety glasses. put the glasses up against the wall or something so they don't move (if they move it lessens the impact) then shot at them.

This is why I suggested buying two of your possible eyewear choice.

Stomping on it is a test to see if it'll survive the impact and protect your eyes. If it cracks with the stomp, wear it. if it shatters or breaks into more than one piece then it's not safe.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:25 am

I suggest you shoot it with a High powered nerf gun (BBBB, Titan) rather than stomping on it.

The stomping might break the arms or something else.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:12 am

Just take a airsoft gun with a velocity of about 2500 fps, then shoot them with a steel bearing, if they survive then they are strong enough, if they shatter, then they were not good enough.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:26 am

i dont have any of those guns.. ill probs wear the paintball mask or oxy welding goggles

thanks anyway..
    Trigga_happy

Post  Trigga_happy Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:00 am

Okay, firstly where are you getting blasters with that kind of power? Secondly stomping on you eye protection wont, i repeat wont test the impact resistance of your chosen eye wear. If anyone was willing to would probably best to check against the Australian workplace health and safety standards for eye protection. As i work on a lagre industrial site all our eye wear must conform to a specific standard. The standars will as so indicate weather eye has an impact rating as well. Give me a bit and i will try and check.

EDIT: I have had a quick look as far as i am aware AS1337 is the relevent standard you safety glasses and goggles need to conform too.

Last edited by Trigga_happy on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:05 am

Trigga_happy wrote:Okay, firstly where are you getting blasters with that kind of power?

I used to make my own airsoft weapons with that much power, back when they were legal.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:32 am

Servulus wrote:
    Trigga_happy wrote:Okay, firstly where are you getting blasters with that kind of power?

I used to make my own airsoft weapons with that much power, back when they were legal.

You lucky bastard
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 am

Here. I was bored and my titan and barrel for ti has had enought time for the glue to set, so i gave it a test run. And because i was bored i grabbed a can from the recycling. First shot hit near the top and dented it nice and good. The second shot made me think of this topic.

This is a one reason for good eye protection.

Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 Dscn2716
    From a titan unplugged 20 pumps, range was 3m 00 stefan.

My eyeware is pass, point blank with same titan.
    Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 Dscn2717

Last edited by gooni on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:57 am

reppin the scotch i see why not the goon(i) sack? Get it? Hey hey *nudge* *nudge*
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:34 pm

With guns like “Gooni’s”, that shoot into and out the other side of aluminum cans you would be insane to attempt to ban full face masks on the premises “it looks daunting to the public”. Theirs no constitutional laws about how one can dress while holding a toy gun, and we shouldn’t attempt to implement them, especially if player safety is compromised. The only restrictions on individuals dress and blaster appearance should be a highly visible (bright orange) barrel, trigger and any other non aesthetic components. We should not be so concerned with getting the sport prohibited, but restricting our member’s freedom, and thus deterring new members while hindering growth. With the obvious exception of safety, player’s safety is far more important than free will. And should always be our number one concern, as severely injured individuals are obviously going to attract negative unwanted publicity.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:54 pm

But what you fail to understand is that at any war this gun would not be allowed to be used at all. He was mearly showing what safetly glasses can withstand i comparision to aluminium cans, something that we can all relate to in terms of strenght thickness etc.

Also, why would you wan't to restrict peoples right to creativity? Am I right in interpreting your views towards new members as the following:
    Stop freedom of vreativity so new members won't want to join, while also making current members not want to participate?

This is just my view, but I think your whole post goes against just about everything thats good about nerf, not looking daunting to the public, free to modify and express our selves through our blasters and also to socially interact with other people while having a great time doing so.
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm

@Switchblade
    you have to all backwards. I'll dumb it down a little for you

Safety - GOOD
    Restricting of freedoms – BAD

In light of face masks:
    I’m trying to say that safety is far more important than making sure every retard in Australia understand were playing with toy guns, especially when it COULD jeopardize safety.

In light of dress code and blaster paint schemes:
    Theirs no Parliamentary act governing dress codes and the only guidelines in terms of toy gun paint schemes is that the barrel tip has to be bright orange to signal a toy gun. Restricting players to painting their whole gun bright orange and wearing high vis clothing will potentially deter new members from joining the sport. (for Switchblade and friends, THIS = BAD THING).

I understand this is a slight exaggeration, but it is necessary to make my point.

@ Phuonguyen
    None the less if it hits you in the eye, tooth or face it could potentially cause a lot of permanent damage. Stock Nerf blasters have disclaimers on the gun and packaging warning of aiming at faces, this is before we improve the blasters from 25 feet to 80.

Better safe than sorry
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Not really. I had a few arguments people on the forums with bringing darkly painted guns to wars. And the obliged promptly when they realised they can have fun without having darkly painted gun. Hey, they can wear what ever clothes they want, as long as the gun is brightly coloured then whatever.

On regards on facemasks, it IS daunting in public, especially once everyone starts wearing them, the public will think... "Is Nerf dangerous?". Where as glasses looks like a precaution. If you're saying that a stock dart doesn't do damage... you forget the eye is a very sensitive part of your body. But it's your pregorative if you want to get shot in the eye with a titan and lose it. Its all good :). If you didn't wear eye protection, I wouldn't let you play anyway.

I already understand what you're getting at, but like you said at the end "Better safe than sorry".

How is wearing safety glasses a restriction of freedom? It greatly benefits the play from losing their eye. Are you sure that you understand how paranoid the public is now a days. Back in grade 10, I was playing with cap guns at a nearby state school, cops got called on us and it was only cap guns.

Using Aj's experience, his friends were playing with darkly painted guns at a nearby state school, and cops were called upon them and they approached them with guns DRAWN, and realised they were only Nerf Guns.

If you're truly arguing all this, you clearly do not understand the implements to why we have all of these 'restrictions'. You'll still have a hell of a time playing Nerf with a brightly coloured guns. It's not like painting it black will make it shoot further anyway.

We will, well Brisbane will be switching to silicone dart head tips by the end of this year anyway so there won't be a need for face masks anyway.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Khail wrote:@Switchblade
    In light of dress code and blaster paint schemes:
    Theirs no Parliamentary act governing dress codes and the only guidelines in terms of toy gun paint schemes is that the barrel tip has to be bright orange to signal a toy gun. Restricting players to painting their whole gun bright orange and wearing high vis clothing will potentially deter new members from joining the sport. (for Switchblade and friends, THIS = BAD THING).

No act hey, cool, I am going to walk around with a balaclava on and see how that goes down, might check out a couple of the cities banks too.

I have said this before and i'll say it again. If you need to wear full face masks than the guns are too powerful to be in public. At the last war we had people just in the game zone curious as to what we were doing, children on nearby park sets. What if they got hit? Coz lets face it, they sure as shit are not wearing face masks.
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:27 am

@ Littlebro05
    Lmao, yet another member whiling to jump down my throat before actually reading. Where did I say that wearing eye protection is removing player freedom? I’m saying that painting your gun completely bright orange is. I think eye protection should be forced upon participants and full face masks optional for the cautious, not discouraged as they are “daunting” to the public.

@joey
    Were not aiming at the children sitting on the park bench now are we. . . Just because some people decide to wear full face masks dose not mean the guns are over powered.

For example when on an aeroplane, plastic knives are confiscated, this is an extreme precaution. It’s to counter the off chance that someone could attempt to hijack the plane with plastic cutlery, the chances are less than 1 in a million, however it is still implemented. When applied to our situation safety masks should be the players provocative and not discouraged as it may “daunt” the public.

Safety will cause far more issues in keeping the sport league than our appearance to the public.
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:32 am

Full facemasks can't POSSIBLY be banned as long as people want to keep firing heavies - and with the growing push for FFP, etc. people aren't going to give those up. I don't think you can blame anyone for wanting to be safe, and paintball masks, etc. aren't balaclavas.
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:51 am

Thank-you, I completely agree
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:13 am

Couldn't you just get a facemask/airsoft mask (full face) and paint it bright pink/orange? And don't forget the cut bunny stickers!

- SuctionCup -
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

I'm going to be doing that with my facemasks, yellow vinyl dye. I challenge you to be intimidated now.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Winterstrike wrote:I'm going to be doing that with my facemasks, yellow vinyl dye. I challenge you to be intimidated now.

Lol Like the bucks (Bux?) party groom gets at paintball It is a LITTLE daunting but tthat would soon be dispelled by the "lol! That guy is wearing a fluro yellow mask"

Thats just my opinion anyways
    f 14tomcat4
    f 14tomcat4

Post  f 14tomcat4 Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:48 pm

What I find funny is that none of you have thought "hmmmmm maybe if I carry my face mask in a bag with my nerf guns while I'm going to nerf wars no one will see it". Also I had a query if you used one of the full face masks and painted like the shark mouths they had on the old WWII fighter planes and paint the rest of it in a blue/gray colour would that be alowed at nerf wars?

Tomcat

Ps: if there are any spelling errors I'm sorry I'm on my iPod touch and it is a pain to type with
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:23 pm

f 14tomcat4 wrote:What I find funny is that none of you have thought "hmmmmm maybe if I carry my face mask in a bag with my nerf guns while I'm going to nerf wars no one will see it". Also I had a query if you used one of the full face masks and painted like the shark mouths they had on the old WWII fighter planes and paint the rest of it in a blue/gray colour would that be alowed at nerf wars?

Tomcat

Ps: if there are any spelling errors I'm sorry I'm on my iPod touch and it is a pain to type with

You do realize we mean is it looks daunting while you WEAR it? Children are typically nearby to where we play. Parent will be weary and may complain if large amounts of 20 something year olds are running around in hockey masks.
    f 14tomcat4
    f 14tomcat4

Eye Protection At Nerf Wars? - Page 2 Empty Lol

Post  f 14tomcat4 Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Well in Bacchus marsh we have a huge playground and I mean huge because it's like the size of a big house block and there are hardly any littlies there because it is a bit of a risk with most of it over 2m high off the ground with plenty of boards that look like they are rotting but arent anyway so it really isnt daunting in an abandoned playground where there maybe one or two 11 or 12 year olds but surely they are smart enough to keep a bit of a distance (PM me for pics of the playground) anyway back on topic if you painted the mask like I suggested maybe it wouldn't be so scary to 8+ kids but seriously who would actually wear a mask with bunny stickers all over it.
    Another matter is for the boys "precious areas" because my friend got his severly bruised (this is what he told me) after I shot him in the gonads with his modded maverick using stefans so maybe groin protection would be handy to.

Tomcat
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm

f 14tomcat4 wrote: it wouldn't be so scary to 8+ kids but seriously who would actually wear a mask with bunny stickers all over it.
    Tomcat

I would. You're just too pussy not too.
    f 14tomcat4
    f 14tomcat4

Post  f 14tomcat4 Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:56 pm

littlebro05
    Your just pussy not to

Be that as it may I live in bacchus marsh and there is a good chance I'll see someone I know

Tomcat
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 am

I'm with Joey on this one. If full airsoft masks are required for our safety, then the guns being used are too powerful for public usage. My reasons for this are below.

"The kids sitting and watching the war without facemasks, we aren't aiming for them"

No, you're not aiming for them. But that doesn't matter. Because, like it or not, we're all pretty shitty shots. It only takes one gust of wind, and you nail that kid in the face. Oh noes! He's not wearing a mask and you blow his goddamned teeth out with those stupidly overpowered BBBBs. There's no excuse for that. If you're lucky, the kid's dad will only take you to court and not deck you right there.

"Full face masks + Public = Bad"

As I've mentioned before, it's not the law that's the problem. You can run around in public with black guns and full S10 gas masks all day and police literally can't touch you. What really happens is some old granny panics at the sight of you, calls the cops in response to a suspected armed and dangerous gunman and then the TRG comes and kicks your ass with REAL GUNS. Full face masks are a good way of hurrying along this timescale, especially if you're running around with a bunch of other guys with nerf guns? And the excuse "We need it for safety reasons" Won't fly, by the way. Using that excuse, I might add, has the entire game broken up as the cops fine all of us for endangering the public.

Which brings me to my final point...

"Using singled air guns in public wars is the dumbest goddamnned thing I've ever heard in my entire life."

Sure you think you're all high and mighty with your gun that can shoot over 500 feet and kill small mammals at less than 200. Lets use the KG war as an example. You've got your singled titan and you fire it with a heavy dart. Whoops, you missed! And then the dart flies into traffic, smashes someone's window and they have a car crash and die, and it's your fault. Still so high and mighty? Didn't think so. Leave them at home.

TFL;DFR

Leave the ****ing singled air guns (Titan's, BBBB's etc) at home. Ban them from *ALL* wars, not matter how powerful or not they may be.
    Khail
    Khail

Post  Khail Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm

SnowDragon wrote:The dart flies into traffic, smashes someone's window and they have a car crash and die, and it's your fault.

Maybe we should stop playing golf for the same reasons

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm