Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
nerffirefight24
Switchblade
Swatsonia
Joey
Neodore
phuonguyen
Chaos-Blades
11 posters

First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses)

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses) Empty First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses)

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:21 pm

I recently bought a pair of digital sunglasses. I got them from a sysney-based store on E-bay for $115.

Here's a vid of me testing them out and firing my DTB. It's a bit rough, I didn't edit it or anything. My cat and my girlfriend's dad make an appearance. I fought the urge to shoot the cat.

Any opinions are appreciated.

EDIT: also, I just realised that the video is from the future, the year being 2045
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses) Empty Re: First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses)

Post  phuonguyen Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Are your glasses like these?

Because I bought a pair of those and well I'm waiting for them to come in the mail.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses) Empty Re: First peson nerfing (chaos-vision glasses)

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Nope it's these exact ones
    link
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh what?? Are you kidding me? Uhhh my mum put the package behind my laptop... Hang on, I'll do a little video.
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:37 pm

are they shockproof?
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Wow the quality of the footage is awful :/
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Man, i love your cat. If only my dog was so . . . accepting of nerf guns.

It does love to chew darts up though. Does your cat tend to do that?

Great footage though. Though we do see a lot more of your right hand side whenever you aim though. So that's one concern for when filming in a war, but hey, anything is better than nothing.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Right here's the 2nd test of my glasses.

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:40 am

Neodore wrote:are they shockproof?
    Probably not, it doesn't say so on the packaging
    Joey wrote:Wow the quality of the footage is awful :/
    I was sitting in the dark, so that'll make a major difference. My other test videos were pretty good.
    Swatsonia wrote:Man, i love your cat. If only my dog was so . . . accepting of nerf guns.
    It does love to chew darts up though. Does your cat tend to do that?

Great footage though. Though we do see a lot more of your right hand side whenever you aim though. So that's one concern for when filming in a war, but hey, anything is better than nothing.
    Thanks, he doesn't chew the darts up, but I find that when I lose a few darts, they magically appear in the morning. & I'm pretty sure it's him finding them at night.

Yeah, some of my other test vidoes are like that too, I didn't realise how much I tilt my head when shooting. I'll try to fix that when we try out FFL on saturday.

@Phuong - I think you might've got a better quality set of glasses, we'll see once we've both tested them in daylight.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:58 am

@phuonguyens video.

WOW nice swords!! there's like 5 katanas, and a big sword...they are swords right?(real?)

Also, nice video quality
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:02 am

phuonguyen wrote:Right here's the 2nd test of my glasses.

For like $20 these look like they absolutely smash your $150 ones

I might even buy a pair , but will these be allowed to be used in a war?. Because I doubt that they have the same... resistance to a stonger than shooting glasses or nerf vision or the like.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:57 am

Switchblade wrote:
    phuonguyen wrote:Right here's the 2nd test of my glasses.

For like $20 these look like they absolutely smash your $150 ones

I might even buy a pair , but will these be allowed to be used in a war?. Because I doubt that they have the same... resistance to a stonger than shooting glasses or nerf vision or the like.

Its really depends if they are shatter proof. The problem wont be the dart it will be bits of glasses in your eye. That aside from the looks of it they should be alright.

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    Joey wrote:Wow the quality of the footage is awful :/
    I was sitting in the dark, so that'll make a major difference. My other test videos were pretty good.

I sure hope so, seems like you spend a lot more than you should have.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:19 am

Hey,
    My dad has bought a crap load of keyring cameras that have a filming time of 1 hour and they are small so you can mount them on to a face mask or safety glasses(wich I will be doing soon).
    And lol at Phuong talking to LittleBro on....skype was it, or was he at your house?
    -Adam-
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:18 am

Switchblade wrote:For like $20 these look like they absolutely smash your $150 ones

Well for starters, I bought the glasses for $109.

And hopefully the glasses work better in natural light. But judging from Phuong's video they're a better pair.
    I may actually buy ones the same as Phoung's if mine aren't too good outdoors.

The lenses don't seem like they would shatter, they're a bit flexible but I am thinking of getting a pair of Chad's airsoft goggles to wear over the top, just in case. I'm hoping he'll bring them saturday so I can see if they fit. I can definitely see the camera getting broken when a stefan hits the lens though.

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 am

Here's an example of the effect that I'm going for, this Vid is by Forsaken_angel_24 from nerfhaven,

EDIT: @ :50 is that a fatter version of Tidge on the right???
    kingkottah
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am

I sware to god in phuonguyen's video someone mensions my name or im just retarded?
    Neodore
    Neodore

Post  Neodore Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:18 pm

im going to have to bank on phuong's glasses for quality vs price, plus the quality seams better for some reason might have to get myself a pair as well

EDIT: also whats the name of the gun with the clear barrels on it, ive seen it before i just cant remember its damn name
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 am

Are you talking about Forsaken Angels doomsayer because those guns are beast if you pull of the mod right.
    Nice glasses Phuong, dont count out Chaos blades glasses though his ones could have a better picture outside.
    -Adam-
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 am

@ Tony Where do you think littlebro and I got the idea to use helmet cam & spyglasses from? It's actually the same video.

Anyway outdoor shooting test.

I do like to talk to myself... and the whole nerf experience doesn't work when you're shooting at a water tank; you really need someone shooting back.

The tank is about 10m from where I stood.
    Mohrlock
    Mohrlock
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  Mohrlock Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:48 am

How much of the body of the glasses contains the camera components on yours Phuon? Not sure if you've had a look but just thinking of getting a pair or three and playing around
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:05 am

Mohrlock wrote:How much of the body of the glasses contains the camera components on yours Phuon? Not sure if you've had a look but just thinking of getting a pair or three and playing around

If you mean the lens then the bridge of the glasses has that, but the right arm contains the Li-ion battery and the left arm contains the controls, usb port and mem stick slot.
    Mohrlock
    Mohrlock
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  Mohrlock Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks for the quick response... I should be able to get my desired results out of them I think Pretty decent quality for the price!
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 am

After testing mine yesterday and after seeing phuong's vid today, I'm pretty sure that the glasses are on par in regular daylight. I'll try to post my outdoor vid now.

Hmmm...Phuong's are smoother and cheaper and look better.

I'd reccomend getting the same ones as him.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 am

The sound quality is horrible still though :(.

Regular day light is as clear as phuongs, but the FPS is horrible. It feels like you're experiencing lag LOL.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:13 am

littlebro05 wrote:The sound quality is horrible still though :(.

Regular day light is as clear as phuongs, but the FPS is horrible. It feels like you're experiencing lag LOL.
    yeah, it'll do for now. I'll have to get a pair the same as phuong's.

I certainly don't recommend anyone to get the same pair as mine.
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 pm

My favourite part of that vid is the burgrs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm