If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Nerf WTF Moments!!!

Saintznerf

Nerf WTF Moments!!!

Post  Saintznerf on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 am

Okay so this is a thread for your WTF moments in nerf, E.G My stock Longshot front gun shoots 25 feet WTF!!!

I'll Start us off!
    I unboxed a new tek 6 and much to my surprise it is hitting 30 feet on the average flat and up to 45 feet angle stock! i didn't think this was normal so i unboxed my other one and it hits 15 feet flat!!! Has anyone else had this?

Re: Nerf WTF Moments!!!

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:51 am

Well I kinda got one. When i got my maverick, after owning a recon, longstrike and raider. I was playing with it at my cousins house and we were trying to shoot power lines. The power lines were 6 metres+ in the air and my maverick was skimming the power line every time. I was gob smacked. Oh yea and when i shot my raider when i got it and it turned out to be a peice of shit(shot 4 metres)
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 am

Earlier today, I fired a "heavy" out of my plugged 4B. I new it would go far, but not THAT far. Bloody Hell! The gun is scary. I'm going to unplug it, so I can use it without fear of killing someone!

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am

I hit the last person in the last round with a stock streamline out of a bigblast. That was surprising.

On the note of that, I was using a 12 inch PETG barrel one my plugged bigblast today, and it looked like it was shooting very, very far. Further than with a 15 inch alu barrel, and I know that with that it hits 140.

But although this is a cool thread, it really shouldn't be about getting more range than you expected out of your shit.
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:08 pm

When i modded my Nitefinder,and i shot it trying to get in in my bball ring,then dart went into the hoop
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Foam Milita and myself have some rather random ones. I had my titan shoot like 300ft+ just singled we were holding a 2ft 16mm conduit barrel on the end by hand and it was like HOLY SHIT!

Another was when we shot my Nite finder and the coupler and speedloader just fell of the end of the gun.

And this one involes Warriewoodbros, he shot Foam Milita's quadshot and just like above it just fell of.
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Okay then. At an earlier nerf war, I copped a full blast from NerfFirefight24's Big Salvo. For those that don't know, the barrels are arranged in a 'diamond' pattern, and sure enough, at the end of the day, I had 4 welts in a perfect diamond shape on my chest.
    sitras

Post  sitras on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:37 pm

I have a recurring WTF nerf moment and anybody who wears airsoft goggles that have a metal mesh or metal flie screeen for the lens would know how this feels.
    When a high powered dart hits you in the lens. 50% of you vision goes black on ear it ringing and there is a PING! across the war field. Then an eery silence. Then a "holy shit thats scarry"
    Saintznerf

Post  Saintznerf on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Today when i went into target i noticed they had restocked!! but i also noticed one unlabeled unpackaged nerf reflex just sitting there.
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Apparently I forgot that some plastic glues work by partially melting the contact surfaces together. I accidentally spilled some of said glue onto myself, and got a rather nasty burn on my finger. Oops. Its hot glue, but it sure as hell ain't got glue!
    Dylbot

Post  Dylbot on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:19 am

Spending almost an hour trying to single a Maverick, then I go to shoot it and the darts goes about 30cm.
    Hamish

Post  Hamish on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:03 am

When Roger Explosion fired his blowgun and it landed in keychane's magstrike clip.
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:39 am

Ive got three moments, the first one was at the war Neumein was talking about my big salvo pwnage, my team had got the flag and I was running behind the guy with the flag and for an unknown reason I stuck my hand out and ended up deflecting a dart that was about to hit the guy with the flag.

The second one was when I shot lamaboy in the neck from 90feet away and made him MEGA RAGE.

The last one is when I was running with the quite large flag pole and flag ( Made by Psyyka) and got shot in the hand I was holding the flag by Kingcam and it hurt so Much i dropped the flag.

-Adam-
    devil

Post  devil on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:47 am

i was at a war and got hit in the safety glasses from 85ft and me almost doing a backflip when i got hit, there was a mark where the glasses had pinched my skin
    Warstream96

Post  Warstream96 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:54 am

I was having a battle with my brother once and he had my maverick i ran out and he narrowly missed me but as i ran i shot off randomly and got him between the eyes. i was laughing really hard and he had a suction dart sticking there when he got up.
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:35 am

Stock guns can really vary:
    I bought an Alpha Trooper, generally referred to as a decent stock gun. Currently, it struggles to hit the 10m mark unless it's heavily angled. So it depends. If you mod, it doesn't matter, because you can just exchange the faulty parts, like my TRooper's spring or o-ring.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:10 am

Yesterday I had a big WTF moment. Serv said, here try this dart. I look said dart, just a 1' blue foam stefan with straw and 00 sinker. Loaded it in to my BBUMB, 10 mumps and fire.

OMFG WTF I said, walked down the tape measure, 200 and farking 3 foot.

That right there is my biggest WTF moment in Nerf.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:21 am

A 1" Blue stefan with 00 sinker darts are considered as 'heavies' over here because with my big blast on full tank OPV in... it shoots about that range, even more maybe. Too much power to cause potential damage.

I had one recently...

The O-ring on the pusherback thing in the Longshot slipped out and now is hanging on the barrel of my gun. My longshot now shoots 5metres shorter so from 31-33metres to 25-26metres. So, I now have to fix that problem :(.
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 am

I have worked out the reason that the blue foam flys better than the stock darts and or FBR. It is all to do with dimples. Yes, dimples. The blue foam is slightly more coarse than the stock dart foam and the FBR foam. This is giving these darts a better flight capability than the other darts.

So why is this a WTF moment? Well this comes after testing the distances being achieved from pressurised guns. The darts were all weighted with only 00 split shots, and the blue and stock foam darts had the straw mod done too. The stock and FBR stefans were getting around 104ft to 112ft, where the blue foam shots were getting 174ft to 204ft. This is a very sizeable difference, and the only reason that i can come up with is to do with the coarseness of the blue foam, which is giving a dimple effect.

The only other way to achieve these distances, is to use FBR with a 0 ball sinker (this is the weight used to make heavies).

Edit: Also note, given this dimple effect, this is why the distances being achieved in Queensland, seem so much further than other can achieve in other states. It is not that the Queensland crew are fibbing, it is all to do wit the darts that they are using.

Science, many may not like it, but its good when it actually can explain why something happens.
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 am

To sum that up it's also to do with density of the material to.

Best WTF moment, shooting someone and then the same bullet bounced off and hit someone else. Essentially 2 kills in one shot.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:40 am

Well, I just had another WTF moment. I was At my brothers house just before fixing his LS, It was not catching, so I thought I can just fix up the catch spring. When I opened it the catch was fin, but I added another spring anyways. Put it back together and it still was fail.

So I pulled it apart again, after some head scratching , I pulled on the plunger rod, only to find that the head had come off from the rod. I hadn't broken, just looked as if the screw had pulled through the hole in the plunger head. There is the WTF moment, the screw head and the hole for it are in 100% prefect condition. I just reattached it and all is good, unloaded a full 35 drum and no problems.

So yet another WTF moment bought to you by gooni.

EDIT: Blue foam range, ahhh the golfball affect, indeed, I didn't think about that.
    Neodore

Post  Neodore on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 pm

My little brother and I were mucking around with bunker games with a vulcan, poped a shot of trying to hit him behind the vulcan and ended up jamming the vulcans belt up by landing one down the barrel.
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:46 pm

I didn't realize that Whistler darts were so bouncy, I shot at a wall, and the dart bounced back into my face. :/
    WalkingArmy

Post  WalkingArmy on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:24 am

New vulcan, little bro trying it out, he fires all the darts, and sets about collecting them. "Oi, I'm missing 4!" Now you could accept around one or two to be missing, but 4?! As I go to face palm myself in disgust of the fact we've already lost 4 darts from our brand new vulcan, I happen to look down the gun's barrel. And there they are. 4 darts, all jammed together. How did this happen? We shall never know.
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 am

I was nerfing with my cousin and he shot me in the head from about 50 feet. My dog ran at him,jumped and decked him. (He didnt hurt him hes trained not to). Ahhh I love my German Shepherd.
    Warstream96

Post  Warstream96 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 pm

WalkingArmy wrote:New vulcan, little bro trying it out, he fires all the darts, and sets about collecting them. "Oi, I'm missing 4!" Now you could accept around one or two to be missing, but 4?! As I go to face palm myself in disgust of the fact we've already lost 4 darts from our brand new vulcan, I happen to look down the gun's barrel. And there they are. 4 darts, all jammed together. How did this happen? We shall never know.

You should told him that he owes you a new dart back coz he lost them.
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm

I shot at a tank from 80ft away with maybe 5 pumps in my big blast and made a shatter patten on the shield. No idea how that happened the shield was made of hard ass plastic.

Modding my fureyfire. It went from shooting 0ft with the AR out. I put in a much stronger spring and it now hits 15ft. I have no idea what the hell went on there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Halt, Hammerzeit!
    random guy

Post  random guy on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:54 pm

WalkingArmy wrote:New vulcan, little bro trying it out, he fires all the darts, and sets about collecting them. "Oi, I'm missing 4!" Now you could accept around one or two to be missing, but 4?! As I go to face palm myself in disgust of the fact we've already lost 4 darts from our brand new vulcan, I happen to look down the gun's barrel. And there they are. 4 darts, all jammed together. How did this happen? We shall never know.

That happend to me once. Brand new vulcans tend to have some issues with jamming and stuff.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:15 pm

WTF moment, freaking AT2K trigger is pissing me off, like WTF man, i did it just like A.J's , then went over board , and still it is shit and will only fire some times after 5 pumps, arrrrrg.

End rant/WTF moment.

That is all.

Gooni.
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I modded the front gun of my Longshot today (Don't ask, I was f*cking bored). I removed the AR and then proceeded to do test fires. Now the stock gun was averaging 25 feet. Which is terrible. After I removed the AR it shot, on average, 25 feet. And now it just sounds even more annoying than the stupid pop sound it made before. I guess it's more a fail moment than a WTF?! moment, but I was damn surprised.
    Piesamus

Post  Piesamus on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:17 pm

TheTrueMcMuffin wrote:I didn't realize that Whistler darts were so bouncy, I shot at a wall, and the dart bounced back into my face. :/

That happened to me today as I was trying out a custom barrel in my Nitefinder (The spoke in the center of those plastic CD cases which blank discs come in, cut down to size. Fits Streamlines fairly well, a bit of twisting is required.) I shot at my wall from the other side of my admittedly shoddily-sized room. Well, I was actually shooting at a can to figure out range/aim thingies for custom iron sights I'm making. I misjudged, it flew over the can, hit my wall, and bounced back and hit me in the glasses. Suffice to say, I was pretty spooked from it, so I pistol-whipped the can. Great success! And shots from about 10m or so away are putting dents in aluminium cans with Streamlines. I'm happy about that!
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Piesamus wrote:And shots from about 10m or so away are putting dents in aluminium cans with Streamlines. I'm happy about that!

No offense but I call BS on that, I think you should work out tha distance again, 10m is 32ft, I highly doubt a streamline could A)Shoot that far and still leave a dint in a can. And B)Fly that accurate over 32ft with the hole in the tip stuffing up its flight.

-Adam-
    Wolf

Post  Wolf on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 pm

I put a stefan in a secret strike and its more powerful than a maverick and recon with one.
    seph

Post  seph on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:36 am

nerffirefight24 wrote:
    Piesamus wrote:And shots from about 10m or so away are putting dents in aluminium cans with Streamlines. I'm happy about that!

No offense but I call BS on that, I think you should work out tha distance again, 10m is 32ft, I highly doubt a streamline could A)Shoot that far and still leave a dint in a can. And B)Fly that accurate over 32ft with the hole in the tip stuffing up its flight.

-Adam-

Yeah mine does that actually, but i had an extension spring on the top

My WTF moment: My stock secret strike went further than my stock Longshot.
    Also, I put a little grape in my Maverick just for the lol's and it went about 8ft. Great success.....
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 am

seph wrote:
    nerffirefight24 wrote:

-Adam-

Yeah mine does that actually, but i had an extension spring on the top

My WTF moment: My stock secret strike went further than my stock Longshot.
    Also, I put a little grape in my Maverick just for the lol's and it went about 8ft. Great success.....

Ok so heres what i have to say....
    a)You do know how far 10m is?

b)I really dont see how you can put a dent in a can from 10m away with a streamline, the tips on them are made to compress on impact to stop it from hurting little 7 year olds when shot from 5ft away.

c)If you can even get the accuracy with a streamline from 10m away I would be blown away.

I am calling both of you out now,make a video of what your saying to prove that your not bull shitting. I dont like being wrong but I do like seeing good mods.
    -Adam-

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 am