If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

DougoDistructo

Re: Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

Post  DougoDistructo on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:51 am

Winterstrike wrote:Can we please stop picking on the noob? This is like burning ants with a magnifying glass. Normally, most people just back down and admit their flaws but this poor sap obviously wants to retain some shred of dignity.

Urghh, Thank you??

wallo

Post  wallo on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 am

DRaKe wrote:
    Features:

* Allows ranges of 80-110 feet
    * Provides amazing accuracy, even at these extreme speeds
    * <snip>
    * This spring package includes the unique launching spring, but it also includes a trigger mechanisim spring that will be necessary for the firing mechanisim to hold the load that the launching spring provides. Beware of sellers that will only give you the launching spring, and will not include the trigger mechanisim spring.
    He expects people to believe this crap?

I believed it, unfortunately. Just received it yesterday and installed it. In the guy's defence though, he was really quick to respond to my questions. It does fire a very l-o-n-g way - twice the distance before I put the extra spring in, but it's very difficult to prime/load in a hurry and I'm a 6ft tall adult. I'm very worried that something will break. I have reinforced the boltsled but I don't trust it.

As luck would have it, the wife managed to pick up 2 Nitefinders today for $18 so I'll be taking the Ebay spring out of the LS and swapping it over with the NF spring.

Although the EBay spring is very powerful, in the rush of a battle it'd be hard to keep it loaded in a hurry. I'm changing over to stock LS+NF spring.
    DRaKe

Post  DRaKe on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:16 am

My Longshot gets 60ft angled with the stock spring and a Recon spring. From what I've read the only way to get close to the ranges the seller is claiming is to have three springs installed but that leads to failure of the bolt sled.

And how can he claim that his spring will improve accuracy, that is affected by the gun's barrel and the type of dart used
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 am

I think this "seller" has a aluminium bolt sled, but i don't know how strong they are.
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:33 am

I have a very stretched Maverick spring in my LS and it's hitting 60+ feet. But I can't prime it with the bolt handle on the right side. Unusual...
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:50 am

danerfdude wrote:I have a very stretched Maverick spring in my LS and it's hitting 60+ feet. But I can't prime it with the bolt handle on the right side. Unusual...
    Pics or ban.
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:18 am

Switchblade wrote:
    Pics or ban.

What do you mean? This isn't a pictures only thread?

wallo

Post  wallo on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 am

Switchblade wrote:
    Pics or ban.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? May I suggest you simply ignore the offending post rather than trying to have the poster banned? Seems like a pretty unfriendly thing to do, and aren't we trying to encourage rather than discourage participation?

Or have I got it all wrong and you're just joking? I hope so.
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 am

well I dont believe that your LS with "a stretched mav spring" will be able toincrease your range to 60+ft. What other mods have you done to it and show me proof of these ranges,because frankly, I smell bovine feaces.

Let me explain the 'pics or ban' thing. A while ago, a guy on some nintendo forum, I think, was like 'omg guys I have the new super mario bros blah blah blah.' So an admin replied and said 'pics or ban', the guy posted screenshots, he was permantly banned and then sued by nintendo.

And I think it's obvious that I can't ban people because I'm not an admin?
    Joey

Post  Joey on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 am

As 60ft it only 18m I believe you could make it with a stretched mav spring. Clearly not the best choice, but with the other mods (AR removal, taped hole, etc) and maybe a bit of wind I see it a certainly possible when compared to the ranges of other springs (recon, nf, v2, c865).

Last edited by Joey on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    M@lew

Post  M@lew on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:45 pm

I've got the eBay spring lying around but chose not to put it in since my Nite Finder spring + LS spring work pretty good with my brass breech. That spring also looked like it would put a lot of strain on the bolt sled. I might try it for kicks next time but I have a Black Tactical V2 spring on the way so most likely once that goes in I won't bother opening the spring area up again except for maintenance.

wallo

Post  wallo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:52 am

M@lew wrote:I've got the eBay spring lying around but chose not to put it in since my Nite Finder spring + LS spring work pretty good with my brass breech. That spring also looked like it would put a lot of strain on the bolt sled. I might try it for kicks next time but I have a Black Tactical V2 spring on the way so most likely once that goes in I won't bother opening the spring area up again except for maintenance.

Yep, agreed. I kept it in for a few hours whilst testing it. I couldn't load the clips for a start because the spring pushes the plunger too far forward. Secondly, the bolt lock wouldn't work. Distance was fantastic, but it would take twice as long to cock the gun as it would for someone with a less powerful spring. I decided to use the LS+NF combo. Not quite as much range, but at least I know the gun would last a bit longer... That EBay spring is just way too strong.

Good if you want a muscle workout whenever loading it... But remember that these things are only plastic after all!
    M@lew

Post  M@lew on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 am

Just received my Black Tactical V2 spring today. Is about the same size as the LS spring if not a bit bigger and looks as if it sits "with" the spring rather than in the middle like the eBay spring above or my NF spring. Got the O-Ring with it too but haven't installed it yet, probably get onto it this afternoon and see how it goes.

wallo

Post  wallo on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am

M@lew wrote:Just received my Black Tactical V2 spring today. Is about the same size as the LS spring if not a bit bigger and looks as if it sits "with" the spring rather than in the middle like the eBay spring above or my NF spring. Got the O-Ring with it too but haven't installed it yet, probably get onto it this afternoon and see how it goes.

I know I would love to hear how you go with that one M@lew, please keep us posted.
    M@lew

Post  M@lew on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:05 am

After using it, it seems to be quite a bit more powerful than what I used to use but priming is obviously more difficult, now pretty much requiring 2 hands or a lot of force if using 1. I will try and make a shotgun foregrip do help spread the load out. Didn't do a range test but they definitely come flying out of my barrel a lot faster and when shot from one wall of my mechanics workshop to the next (~70ft) it hit the wall flat. (I also added an extra O-Ring to help seal the plunger more, so I don't know how much was that and how much was the spring)

Here's a pic of the stock spring, V2 spring and the stretched NF spring that it replaced along with my brass barrel.

wallo

Post  wallo on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:38 am

So you're now using the stock as well as BT V2 spring at the same time?
    M@lew

Post  M@lew on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 am

Yeah the V2 spring sits nicely inside the stock spring.
    Fled74

Post  Fled74 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 am

Allow me to add a bit of info:
    The "pics or ban" statement has been around a long while now and has become a running joke or smart-arse comment on forums.
    It's not meant to be a threat, so don't take it personally or be offended.
    It's just "one of those things" you see on forums, especially if you frequent several of them, as I do.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

wallo

Post  wallo on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 am

Also try Crescent Timber and Hardware in Annandale.

Actually, any "old school" hardware store would have those buckles. Forget Bunnings, you want a REAL hardware store.
    M@lew

Post  M@lew on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am

wallo wrote:So you're now using the stock as well as BT V2 spring at the same time?

Took out the stock spring today and I'll do some range tests when free. Easier to prime (only just though) so I think the stock spring didn't do heaps when combined. When I had both springs I could pull the bolt back but it wouldn't click because of the resistance. It's just as hard to pull back now but it clicks.
    DougoDistructo

Post  DougoDistructo on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:16 am

M@lew wrote:
    wallo wrote:So you're now using the stock as well as BT V2 spring at the same time?

Took out the stock spring today and I'll do some range tests when free. Easier to prime (only just though) so I think the stock spring didn't do heaps when combined. When I had both springs I could pull the bolt back but it wouldn't click because of the resistance. It's just as hard to pull back now but it clicks.

It also might not cock because the catch cannot move into place, too mich spring in there will stop it.

Currently in my singled longshot I have ;
    Longshot spring
    Recon spring
    Half of nightfinder spring
    Other misc. spring

and it works, but i need to reinforce it, the plastic is going white from stress :P.

Good luck!

-Dougie
    M@lew

Post  M@lew on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 am

It cocks just need to have an even amount of stress on both sides. i.e. Pull both handles. I'm sure if I put all of my force into it that it'll click, but I'd rather not put so much strain into it. But yeah my catch is pretty beefy but I accidentally shot my little cousin in the leg because of my previously weaker double catch spring so better safe than sorry.

doubleshot

Longshot springs

Post  doubleshot on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 am

what i did with mine is put a stretched recon spring in with the stock longshot spring, blocked the air release hole and removed the air restrictor and mine easily gets over 120ft

Post  238232 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:46 am

Is that range with the gun angled or parallel to the ground?
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:49 am

Lol... my longshot with a BTv2 spring and the stock spring only gets about 110ft fully angled at 45 degrees-ish. I'd be severely disappointed in my LS if you actually managed to easily get 120 feet with your longshot.
    DesertKind

Post  DesertKind on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:12 am

doubleshot wrote:what i did with mine is put a stretched recon spring in with the stock longshot spring, blocked the air release hole and removed the air restrictor and mine easily gets over 120ft
    Say that sentence again with the right range, ie 60ft, or you will find a very short/sad stay here.
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:19 am

doubleshot wrote:what i did with mine is put a stretched recon spring in with the stock longshot spring, blocked the air release hole and removed the air restrictor and mine easily gets over 120ft

We have another newbie just came in and talked shit.

doubleshot

Post  doubleshot on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 am

238232 wrote:Is that range with the gun angled or parallel to the ground?

angled at about 10 or 15 degrees
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:31 am

doubleshot wrote:
    238232 wrote:Is that range with the gun angled or parallel to the ground?

angled at about 10 or 15 degrees

Not sure if it's just me but I smell a bit of bull shit.
    Joey

Post  Joey on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:50 am

Can a LS of that description get over 120ft, yes, with wind and the right circumstances it could possibly get a freak shot or two to that distance (36.5m)

Easily get to it? No way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:52 am

My LS gets 70-80 flat with V1, LS and Quadshot springs in it and well over 100FT angled sometimes (I.E. Fluke shot) 160FT angled 50 degrees.
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 am

If your talking to me, the Flat and slightly angled shots were averages of a six shot clip and I said lucky shots (Flukes) got 160 as an example of how a fluke shot can get much more than average shots.
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:35 am

I find that the Stock spring+ BBB spring gets about 75-80 ft flat with stefans.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 am

Being late to reply...

@doubleshot lololololol. You're another noobs who thinks stretching the springs actually does something herp-a-derp-a-herp. 120ft is certainly not possible even with wind. Unless you're shooting in a tornado the streamline can get 5km for all I know. Lolololol.

However, where did he go? He hasn't replied? Whoop, he's been proven wrong and doesn't want to pop his head out anymore.

@andtheherois - However, with a brass breech with BBB spring, you'll get 80ft flat just with the spring. Leaves a nasty welt with stefans too lol.
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 am

Just to throw in my 2 cents, I also have a BT V2 spring, combined with stock LS spring. Using stock Streamlines, and an 18 dart clip, the LS averages 115 feet. Tested on flat terrain, with virtually no wind, at approximately 30 degree angle, fired from the hip.
    I have all the general mods (AR removal, boltsled reinforcement, custom o-ring with silicon grease, beefier catch spring etc). Although, the only reason the average is so high, is the unpredictable fish-tailing of the streamlines.
    I haven't measured flat, but I'd imagine it would be drastically lower ranges. If I removed the ranges of the freak shots, I'd say it would be closer to 100 feet.
    I'm waiting on some stefan's to compare data, and will no doubt upgrade to Littlebro's aluminium lamination reinforcement on the boltsled.
    And before I get flamed for being a noob, I may be new to Nerf, but I'm certainly not new to using a tape measure....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:23 pm