Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+24
doubleshot
Fled74
Switchblade
Eclipse
wallo
littlebro05
Joey
Akimbo Assassin
Psykka
DougoDistructo
Winterstrike
lolnerf
M@lew
gooni
KingCam
Acerised
inf0rm3r
longstrikeguy
TheTrueMcMuffin
mavrick man
DRaKe
matt.chopper
haydenj10
28 posters

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

Post  clunk07 Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 am

Just to throw in my 2 cents, I also have a BT V2 spring, combined with stock LS spring. Using stock Streamlines, and an 18 dart clip, the LS averages 115 feet. Tested on flat terrain, with virtually no wind, at approximately 30 degree angle, fired from the hip.
    I have all the general mods (AR removal, boltsled reinforcement, custom o-ring with silicon grease, beefier catch spring etc). Although, the only reason the average is so high, is the unpredictable fish-tailing of the streamlines.
    I haven't measured flat, but I'd imagine it would be drastically lower ranges. If I removed the ranges of the freak shots, I'd say it would be closer to 100 feet.
    I'm waiting on some stefan's to compare data, and will no doubt upgrade to Littlebro's aluminium lamination reinforcement on the boltsled.
    And before I get flamed for being a noob, I may be new to Nerf, but I'm certainly not new to using a tape measure....
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay? - Page 3 Empty Re: Custom Longshot Springs From Ebay?

Post  littlebro05 Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 am

clunk07 wrote:Just to throw in my 2 cents, I also have a BT V2 spring, combined with stock LS spring. Using stock Streamlines, and an 18 dart clip, the LS averages 115 feet. Tested on flat terrain, with virtually no wind, at approximately 30 degree angle, fired from the hip.
    I have all the general mods (AR removal, boltsled reinforcement, custom o-ring with silicon grease, beefier catch spring etc). Although, the only reason the average is so high, is the unpredictable fish-tailing of the streamlines.
    I haven't measured flat, but I'd imagine it would be drastically lower ranges. If I removed the ranges of the freak shots, I'd say it would be closer to 100 feet.
    I'm waiting on some stefan's to compare data, and will no doubt upgrade to Littlebro's aluminium lamination reinforcement on the boltsled.
    And before I get flamed for being a noob, I may be new to Nerf, but I'm certainly not new to using a tape measure....

You're probably going to have reinforce your plunger head. With that spring combo, the plunger head is most certainly going to come off.
    andtheherois
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:50 am

littlebro05 wrote:Being late to reply...

@doubleshot lololololol. You're another noobs who thinks stretching the springs actually does something herp-a-derp-a-herp. 120ft is certainly not possible even with wind. Unless you're shooting in a tornado the streamline can get 5km for all I know. Lolololol.

However, where did he go? He hasn't replied? Whoop, he's been proven wrong and doesn't want to pop his head out anymore.

@andtheherois - However, with a brass breech with BBB spring, you'll get 80ft flat just with the spring. Leaves a nasty welt with stefans too lol.

Actually I do have another LS with a brass brass breech with 4.5' of a k26. it's doing around 100. I've got a few shots up to around 110 using my best stefans. This was my first breech though so it may be a little leaky.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 am

@ Littlebro,

I have padded the end of the plunger head. Are you saying that I should reinforce behind the plunger head? ie: where the head is screwed on to the plunger shaft. If so, maybe the use of some good epoxy. I realise this will prevent if from being unscrewed, but I can't see that really being an issue...
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 am

clunk07 wrote:@ Littlebro,

I have padded the end of the plunger head. Are you saying that I should reinforce behind the plunger head? ie: where the head is screwed on to the plunger shaft. If so, maybe the use of some good epoxy. I realise this will prevent if from being unscrewed, but I can't see that really being an issue...

Yeap reinforce it with some 3day epoxy (if you're planning not to take it apart ever again. This is because the screw won't rip out but the actual stem that the plunger head sits on will rip out WITH the plunger head leaving no where to put the screw and thus breaking the gun.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks for that Littlebro,

My LS is pulled apart at present, waiting for me to finish painting it. I'll epoxy that join later on. Cheers for the heads-up!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am