Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+11
Psykka
Dietzie
TheTrueMcMuffin
dandaldaks
Unknown
Brunius
Switchblade
Akimbo Assassin
killerbunny
SnowDragon
Joey
15 posters

This is awesome.

This is awesome. Empty This is awesome.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:54 am

Last edited by DesertKind on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Joey
    Joey

This is awesome. Empty Re: This is awesome.

Post  Joey Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 am

no....farken....way.....
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:00 am

While the HvZ forums are going nuts, I'm starting to think this a pre release photo. Remember when the stampede was called the ECS-50, instead of just the ECS?
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 am

The photo looks fake even if the drum is real.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:41 am

It is also widely known as the scrotum drum, but I believe it is either a pre-production model or a fake. I'll take Stampede's 18-dart straight mag over this one any day.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Can someone pm me a link to the vid, i cant see it on my phone just a hyperlink to it, I can't see embedded vids.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Switchblade wrote:Can someone pm me a link to the vid, i cant see it on my phone just a hyperlink to it, I can't see embedded vids.
    What vid?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:34 pm

<Censored>.My.Life
    i just found the hyperlink :/
    herpaderp.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:It is also widely known as the scrotum drum
    THE NEW STAMPEDE, IT EVEN HAS BALLS!!!
    I think that they should call this Type of Stampede, The Stampede SAK-ATTACK.
    Anyway, enough with the genitalia jokes, I personally a geting it because of its.....well, Manlyhood
    E.G. BALLZ

Last edited by dandaldaks on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i made it more awesomer)
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:45 pm

The image certainly looks fake. Can you see the way the balls... err... drum fits in the gun? It looks a little sideways.
    I think that this was a distraction from the rel thing I believe. Before 9-9-10, when toy stores were ordering these guns, it was known as the ECS-50. So I think it was only there to mislead anyone who got leaked info.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 pm

And how exactly would the darts feed from two drums in to the stem if this was real I wonder.....
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Dietzie wrote:And how exactly would the darts feed from two drums in to the stem if this was real I wonder.....

Easily from one into the then into the gun. Think of a sideways figure 8. Cut out the diagonal and there you have it.
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:10 pm

It looks to me like a poor photochop effort.

Actually, if such drum were to exist, I don't think it would be a merging double drum setup like a Beta C-mag as most people imagaine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_C-Mag).

Simply because when the rounds in both drums merge, it forms a double stacked column.
    While this concept is feasible in most assualt rifles, as it already utilises and accommodates a double stack magazine setup; the clip system series of Nerf guns utilises a single stack magazine feed.

Sure, an attempt to have the darts from the twin drums to merge into a single-stack could be made, but this presents another problem of getting the last 6 or so single-stacked darts up the magazine, when both springs that push up the darts also need to merge to fit up beyond the magazine well (starting to get a bit firearms technical here).

I propose that if this drum were to exist, it would be a squashed (oval-ish) oversized single drum.
    Those with drum magazines would understand how they work: a constant force spring (like how a retractable tape measure works) in the dart pusher plate, wants to retract itself and allows it to move towards the mouth of the magazine by doing so, along with the darts.

Overly simplified diagram:
    This is awesome. Doubledrum
    The cyan line is the constant force spring running along the inside wall of the magazine.

One has to wonder how much force the spring needs to be, to push that amount of rounds, yet not too much to warp the darts, if this would be the concept.

Psykka wrote:
    Dietzie wrote:And how exactly would the darts feed from two drums in to the stem if this was real I wonder.....

Easily from one into the then into the gun. Think of a sideways figure 8. Cut out the diagonal and there you have it.
    LOL. That reminds me of Naked Snake talking to Sigint about the Patriot rifle on the radio in Metal Gear Solid 3.
    It never needs to reload "because the internal feeding mechanism is shaped like an infinite symbol".

Last edited by mull on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more.)
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:06 am

On the photo the clip/ mag/ drum/ sack has the darts in an S shape,but it still looks really bulky
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:49 am

The drum looks epic, but I don't want another Stampede. Nerf are getting lazy, they re-release old blasters with something a little different. If this drum is real It would be better if they release it with a completely new blaster.

I suppose it's not our call.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:25 am

New blasters are hard to make. Which is why most of them are based of old blasters, copy paste the design and make a few modifications, even so it must take a while to finish them.

And as long as we buy them all up there is no point to making more, infact releasing the stampede has caused the vulcan to sell much less. They are killing their own market.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:35 am

Joey wrote:And as long as we buy them all up there is no point to making more, infact releasing the stampede has caused the vulcan to sell much less. They are killing their own market.

I understand what you are saying but even though the vulcan is selling less, the stampede is selling more and for a higher price. Nerf are not killing there own market because there still making the same profit, if not more.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:42 am

matt.chopper wrote:
    Joey wrote:And as long as we buy them all up there is no point to making more, infact releasing the stampede has caused the vulcan to sell much less. They are killing their own market.

I understand what you are saying but even though the vulcan is selling less, the stampede is selling more and for a higher price. Nerf are not killing there own market because there still making the same profit, if not more.

Clearly 'killing their own market' was a bad choice for words. What I mean is that they are their own competitor. If they release a new gun now they loose the money it takes to design and create that gun AND they push whatever gun it replaces into a lower price bracket. Basically why release something better when the current sells fine. No point reinventing the wheel, etc.

Nerf WILL keep on making new guns to keep their dominance in the market no doubt. But not until they HAVE to. They need a stronger competitor to enforce healthy competition. I believe that if buzzbee was really selling well they would up their game.
    LiveB8
    LiveB8

Post  LiveB8 Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:02 am

personally even the 35 round drum atm gets in the way of a few of the blasters actions atm, the 50 round drum would just make it so that left handed nerfers will suffer the same problem lol

from what im able to see in the images from urban taggers the pattern of the darts follws a basic s pattern inside the extended drum itself, while not a bad thing you would have to wonder about the life span of the springs keeping this working over an extended period of time.

personally ill stick to my current selection of clips ranging from the standard 6 rounders to the 18 round straight and drum clips.

remember the big lesson is, 18 well placed shots is better than 50 poorly placed shots lol
    mull
    mull

Post  mull Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:07 am

LiveB8 wrote:remember the big lesson is, 18 well placed shots is better than 50 poorly placed shots lol
    Not to mention that you don't have to pick up as many and reload the magazines afterwards
    LiveB8
    LiveB8

Post  LiveB8 Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:09 am

that and my very understanding gf wont kill me for leaving darts everywhere.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm