If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

September 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar


    Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Share
    avatar
    gooni

    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  gooni on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 am

    -Aj- wrote:Gained

    HATCHET KILL


    Yes, forgot to mention.

    Gained:

    Death by hatchet kill. Nice one AJ, It was my honour to be that hatchet kill.
    avatar
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 47
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Servulus on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 pm

    -Aj- wrote:Gained

    HATCHET KILL

    Crazy long distance head shot against Lachlan (servulus)

    (to those playing at home, all headshots are discouraged, except this one because it was wicked sweet and didn't hurt the other player lol)

    An appreciation for how unfit I have become over the last couple months haha

    Lost

    My reputation as the Adelaide Goblin - the baton has been passed to brad, not one of my blasters broke.



    Great day, really the only downside for me was I was a little disappointed at the proliferation of airguns - SGSL's, BBUMB's, 4B's etc it really just makes the game boring sometimes, need more rounds with a 80' max range restriction or something similar.

    It's good to be back

    Aj


    It was actually a Hair Parting shot. I felt the shot pass straight through the hair and lightly scraped on the top of the skull. Wasnt a pure head shot. Still was a great shot though.


    splosionman

    Posts : 159
    Join date : 2009-08-05
    Age : 72
    Location : Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  splosionman on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:54 am

    That was a great war. I'm not going to do the gained/lost thing, but I will agree with AJ(even after he called hits on me through bushes) that sometimes the standoffs got a bit tedious.
    avatar
    WV17

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2009-10-05
    Age : 22
    Location : wollongong, NSW

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  WV17 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:11 am

    how do you guys organise wars on school grounds?
    avatar
    gooni

    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  gooni on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:26 am

    Cus we are pwn, in fact I do not know, The Adelaide crew was waring there before I started nerf.

    On the stand-off biz, indeed it is getting a bit silly, maybe a limit on "long range" shooters pre team, or, rounds with no long range air tanked blasters. Like in the 2nd round of assault, it was ... how you say, shit, no one rushed until right near the end, was a very shit round.

    That is all.

    Gooni.
    avatar
    -Aj-
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 406
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide. South Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  -Aj- on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 am

    splosionman wrote:That was a great war. I'm not going to do the gained/lost thing, but I will agree with AJ(even after he called hits on me through bushes) that sometimes the standoffs got a bit tedious.

    One of them I legit thought hit you, but I do appologise for the other one.

    Standoffs = fail, you will always have them to some degree, but its a bit stupid atm

    Aj


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

    Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    avatar
    Hamish

    Posts : 213
    Join date : 2009-10-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Hamish on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:07 am

    Remember Up close and personal? It still had stand offs just at a shorter range. Maybe just limit how many singled guns are used per team. I know I wasn't there so I can't say anything but maybe some of you guys should get some Longshots or similar rather than all this Singled Triple shot business.

    -Hamish
    avatar
    -Aj-
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 406
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide. South Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  -Aj- on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 am

    yeah, like I said, it will always be there, glenunga would be heaps better for lower range guns than say the gums, it was kinda scary walking around corners pointing a 4B, if someone WAS there it was going to hurt...

    Aj


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

    Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    avatar
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 47
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Servulus on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 am

    Ahh this is where the Berserker rocks, if they too close i have the turret. Mind you i dont tend to walk around much.
    avatar
    gooni

    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  gooni on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

    -Aj- wrote: it was kinda scary walking around corners pointing a 4B, if someone WAS there it was going to hurt...

    Aj

    Hence the reason I was drawing my Spectre when rounding blind corners. Side arm's are a must for this and should be made compulsory although their usage would be hard to police.

    Just some more random thought from the head of Gooni.

    That is all.

    Gooni.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Guest on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:17 pm

    I'm not sure I understand what the problem is with getting shot. It IS a war. If someone walks around the corner with a singled titan, it's probably going to leave a mark. But not one any worse than say, a paintball. However, most people carrying singles pump guns had a tendency to say, stand and wait. Is cower the right term here? Perhaps camping. Too many people hiding in cover trying not get get hit, only to respawn and re-camp when they did. We have limitless respawns (functionally), so there's really no benefit to staying in one place for an entire match. I'd like to see more springers, if only because it makes for a more mobile game, when there's not the option of sniper horde fights. Maybe limit singled pumps/"snipers" to 1/4 or 1/3 of a team's numbers. Certainly, 80% snipers proved a bit high.
    avatar
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 21
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  TheBradl3s on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:16 pm

    Rictus wrote:I'm not sure I understand what the problem is with getting shot. It IS a war. If someone walks around the corner with a singled titan, it's probably going to leave a mark. But not one any worse than say, a paintball. However, most people carrying singles pump guns had a tendency to say, stand and wait. Is cower the right term here? Perhaps camping. Too many people hiding in cover trying not get get hit, only to respawn and re-camp when they did. We have limitless respawns (functionally), so there's really no benefit to staying in one place for an entire match. I'd like to see more springers, if only because it makes for a more mobile game, when there's not the option of sniper horde fights. Maybe limit singled pumps/"snipers" to 1/4 or 1/3 of a team's numbers. Certainly, 80% snipers proved a bit high.

    We try to minimize injury, especially if its a little kid. Because the point of a Nerf war isn't to hurt people. know what I mean?

    - Brad
    avatar
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 47
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Servulus on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:35 am

    Rictus wrote:I'm not sure I understand what the problem is with getting shot. It IS a war. If someone walks around the corner with a singled titan, it's probably going to leave a mark. But not one any worse than say, a paintball. However, most people carrying singles pump guns had a tendency to say, stand and wait. Is cower the right term here? Perhaps camping. Too many people hiding in cover trying not get get hit, only to respawn and re-camp when they did. We have limitless respawns (functionally), so there's really no benefit to staying in one place for an entire match. I'd like to see more springers, if only because it makes for a more mobile game, when there's not the option of sniper horde fights. Maybe limit singled pumps/"snipers" to 1/4 or 1/3 of a team's numbers. Certainly, 80% snipers proved a bit high.

    You have only seen one war, this one was aimed at the epeen end, hence the number of sniper weapons. But i think you will like the play in FFP more, as there are many more types of guns being used with one sniper per team generally.

    But Aj is one that knows for sure how much damage a pump style weapon can do at close range. I think its that reason he was worried.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 pm

    I get that the last post sounds pretty heavy for someone you've only just met, and I know people tend to look down on people who are new to them. Understand just because you don't know me, doesn't mean I don't have experience. Games tend to be more fun when they're more mobile, and more happens in them.

    @ Servulus
    Actually I just don't like campers.

    You're right, I've only been to one nerf war with THIS group. However, I've had plenty of smaller wars wth mates, YEARS of experience with airsoft and paintball, and it's STILL boring in those when everyone just snipes. The odd sniper you need to watch for is fun. A dozen snipers just means I have time to roll out the swag before anyone moves to the flag. The limiting of sniper styled weapons is not because of safety concerns, it's because the games are more fun when people move around. That said, I don't like the idea of an enforced limit, I'd rather see more varied guns brought, and more guns shared. While we're at it though, what in hell's name is "epeen" supposed to mean or stand for? I keep seeing it used but I have NO idea.

    I think the problem is making a good springer requires a lot more than making a good pump gun, and the pump still tends to have more power. It's much easier to single or re-barrel a gun than to rebuild a breech or internal tech, and that results in a lot of mid-high powered single pumps. With that in mind, if newbies other than myself want a hand working on some kit I'm happy to help out. "Nerf" may be re-new to me but pneumatic small arms are not.

    @ TheBradl3s
    I'm a scout leader, studying to be a teacher, I've had senier senior first aid certification since I was 15. I understand the concept of risk minimisation, it's basic logic. The point I was making is nerf weapons are far less damaging than most air powered guns, and regardless, a smart player will go for a barrel tap if you're inside point blank.

    I'm a paintball vet, airsoft vet, and I do SCA style stuff when I can, so understand that when I say nerf-arms aren't damaging, I'm probably biased. I don't care about getting shot, I care about getting bored.


    Winterstrike

    Posts : 260
    Join date : 2009-04-16
    Age : 39
    Location : Adelaide SA

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Winterstrike on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 pm

    I did notice a higher than usual number of long range air guns. Pretty strange considering all the corners really. I MIGHT limit the number allowable per team for next time but we'll see how it goes. People walking around blind corners with them is a big concern though. I was running around the whole day with my LS and it worked out fine. I think most people were just using what they had as opposed to what they thought was best.

    It was a hot day though and the heat made people lazy, so we weren't really playing properly by going the long way around the buildings to flank the other team. If this keeps happening, I'll do something about it of course.
    avatar
    thestick

    Posts : 124
    Join date : 2010-11-01
    Age : 36
    Location : Frankston, VIC

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  thestick on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm

    Rictus wrote:While we're at it though, what in hell's name is "epeen" supposed to mean or stand for? I keep seeing it used but I have NO idea.


    It's a "See who had the biggest *censored*" type game.

    Singled titans, +bows, etc.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm

    Ah, I get it. That DOES explain why the first 20 minutes I watched was just people comparing ranges and barrel lengths...
    avatar
    -Aj-
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 406
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Adelaide. South Australia

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  -Aj- on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 am

    Rictus wrote:I get that the last post sounds pretty heavy for someone you've only just met, and I know people tend to look down on people who are new to them. Understand just because you don't know me, doesn't mean I don't have experience. Games tend to be more fun when they're more mobile, and more happens in them.

    @ Servulus
    Actually I just don't like campers.

    You're right, I've only been to one nerf war with THIS group. However, I've had plenty of smaller wars wth mates, YEARS of experience with airsoft and paintball, and it's STILL boring in those when everyone just snipes. The odd sniper you need to watch for is fun. A dozen snipers just means I have time to roll out the swag before anyone moves to the flag. The limiting of sniper styled weapons is not because of safety concerns, it's because the games are more fun when people move around. That said, I don't like the idea of an enforced limit, I'd rather see more varied guns brought, and more guns shared. While we're at it though, what in hell's name is "epeen" supposed to mean or stand for? I keep seeing it used but I have NO idea.

    I think the problem is making a good springer requires a lot more than making a good pump gun, and the pump still tends to have more power. It's much easier to single or re-barrel a gun than to rebuild a breech or internal tech, and that results in a lot of mid-high powered single pumps. With that in mind, if newbies other than myself want a hand working on some kit I'm happy to help out. "Nerf" may be re-new to me but pneumatic small arms are not.

    @ TheBradl3s
    I'm a scout leader, studying to be a teacher, I've had senier senior first aid certification since I was 15. I understand the concept of risk minimisation, it's basic logic. The point I was making is nerf weapons are far less damaging than most air powered guns, and regardless, a smart player will go for a barrel tap if you're inside point blank.

    I'm a paintball vet, airsoft vet, and I do SCA style stuff when I can, so understand that when I say nerf-arms aren't damaging, I'm probably biased. I don't care about getting shot, I care about getting bored.


    re: power, don't underestimate nerf. My Supermaxx 1500, a gun I regularly use, has pierced skin more than once before, and that wasn't from close range. people bleeding everywhere is not what nerf is about, it really wont do us any favours if this arms race keeps going, will just get this all banned.

    I do agree that the proliferation of Airguns is mainly due to a lack of modding skill/lazyness. It's FAR easier to make an airgun go far, ad putting them in N-Strike shells is easy UNLESS people start making integrated breech systems etc, but everyone is just coupling their guns, putting bike pumps on and going "f34r my 1337 M0dd1ing 5K1LLs!!!

    It also allows for a lazier type of gameplay, which is shit in my opinion.. I was one of the few who spent the day literally RUNNING around, trying to grab flags, retreating, flanking, going the long way etc. and it was lame as all hell to spend all this time maneuvering only to be presented with the same situation again and again - a bunch of dudes sitting by the flag with BBUMBS, Titans and 4Bs....

    Aj


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

    Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    avatar
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 21
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  TheBradl3s on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:49 am

    and it was lame as all hell to spend all this time maneuvering only to be presented with the same situation again and again - a bunch of dudes sitting by the flag with BBUMBS, Titans and 4Bs....
    -AJ-
    I do agree with that, it is more fun when people are running around. Although I don't think that there should be limits on what guns and ranges you can have, but a limit on how many people on that team have those guns. Just an idea.

    - Brad

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 am

    @ TheBradl3s
    That "idea" is what 3 of the last posts were advocating. However, it's STILL a crap idea even after it's been raised for the fourth time. We really don't want to ban or restrict anything if it can be helped, restrictions are what you use when all else fails. At the end of the day, unless you're playing 1 hit kills, single shot weapons are a terrible idea, and I'd rather advocate good gameplay tactics than increased control measures.

    @ -Aj-
    1) I'm not underestimating nerf, just making a comparison.
    2) I agree that an arms race won't help matters
    3) My remark has been taken out of context. If you look at my initial post, i.e. No. 46, I was actually pointing out that people were camping to avoid getting hit, not saying a nerf gun couldn't hurt you. I'd like posts to be taken in their entirety, not in segments.
    4) I too was one of the few who were near constantly running - remember I only brought a sidearm. What I found is because there was confusion over whether we were using one or three hit lives no-one was rushing snipers. Remember, if you have three hits to a life, a rapidfire weapon beats a slow-loading single shot. However, I'd like melee or barrel taps to be instant-death, with Melee>Barrel Tap. That is to say, if you score a double tap, you're both dead, but if you melee someone's barrel only they die.
    avatar
    gooni

    Posts : 385
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Adelaide 5039.SA.AU.... Rank: Ghetto King

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  gooni on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 am

    @ Rictus, All game types we play are one hit kill, but some games have one life and others 3, and when playing assault the defending team had one life ,where as the attacking team have unlimited lives.

    As another player that is mostly on the move, I too feel the flag camping was a bit of a downer but didn't stop me from trying a few flag rushes(none succeeded) and is one reason all my lives where normally gone before the end of a round. And as Chad stated, it was a hot day and some didn't like the idea of moving around a hole lot.
    I am one of the "slack, lazy, less skilled modders out there too, hence my many coupler air-tank guns. I do how ever have some plans for some more "skilled" mods in the future, but am slowly building my skill levels.

    I will not say that I won't use my singled BBUMB or ghetto megacon but even when I do , I am still one of the more mobile nerfers out there. As you may have noticed, I tend to carry around too many blasters at one time as I like to be ready for any encounter that may arise.

    One thing to remember, not all people have the same thought processes when it comes to gaming, nor do they have the fitness levels that allow them to be highly active and mobile.

    Gooni.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Adelaide Nerf War - 1pm - 6pm Saturday January 22nd - Glenunga High School

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:09 pm