If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post PICTURES of your modded, original works! (PICTURES ONLY! - NON-PICTURE POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 7-DAY BAN!)

Biggles

Re: Post PICTURES of your modded, original works! (PICTURES ONLY! - NON-PICTURE POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 7-DAY BAN!)

Post  Biggles on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 am

nothing I've ever seen.

Bigles
    Foam Militia

Re: Post PICTURES of your modded, original works! (PICTURES ONLY! - NON-PICTURE POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 7-DAY BAN!)

Post  Foam Militia on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:56 am

Gun design is personal choice but saying resembles a gun is not. Bigles when you say "will they ever learn" do you mean will people ever stop trying to make realistic guns. Its a nice gun, weird but nice. I like shortened barrels. If you want to make it look like a G36c (or its siblings) then your on your way.
    jack

Post  jack on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:10 am

thanks, i want to put a handle on the top, and put a flat laser sight in the middle of that, like two bars for the handles, a tactical rail on top and the sight in between the bars but yeh i wanted a name for it. but i dont really want it to be one

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 am

This is my recon 'switch clip'. It is to reload 'on the go', so you dont need to take it out of the recon to reload. It will always be on my left. So I just hold it with my right hand and reload with left. The bottom plastic is perspex. Electrical tape, sticky tape and string are also in it. The wood is in the middle.

Ehillnerfer

Post  Ehillnerfer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 am

I made a Super-clip instead.
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 am

Why dont you do both? I meen comon 24 darts that you can reload 12 on the run with out the mag out.

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:14 pm

The reason I didnt do a superclip is that you cant reload on the go.

The reason I didnt do both is I dont have the tools to do the Superclip
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Ralphie that is definitely a new take on the dual clip, I find that reloading the bottom clip on a Flip clip is pretty easy on the run so dont really have a need for such a setup, but props for trying something a little different.

Aj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:58 am

Current WIP

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Are you Furstrated?
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 am

my nitefinder gets around 25-30 meters with streamline

kingkottah

Post  kingkottah on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 am

That looks like my nightfinder with out my Faber Castel barrel on my stainless steel barrel.
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:15 am

little off topic. but how did you join the barrel?

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:33 am

25 to 30 metres!
    What modifications did you do? Mine gets 60 feet with streamlines.
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am

umm I have ar's removed and a new barrel I also have a few rubber bands
    oh and i'm guestimating but my guestimations are fairly accurate usually
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 am

WV17 wrote:little off topic. but how did you join the barrel?

I E-taped the barrel to that plunger tube like 80 times it has a good seal by then I think.

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:03 am

WV17 wrote:umm I have ar's removed and a new barrel I also have a few rubber bands
    oh and i'm guestimating but my guestimations are fairly accurate usually

Dude dont questimate. Get a tape measure or use something as a guide line. Lets say you find a tree branch 4 feet long, use that as a guide. 10 branches etc. Estimating is bad but putting a guess is worst.

I have ar's removed and PETG from inf0m3r and his PETG fits streamline darts perfectly.

I epoxied mine on the cap thing which you drill the hole in for better air flow.

Mine also has two rubber bands.

It is very loud.
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:15 pm

how far can yours shoot raphie?
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:34 am

Roger Explosion wrote:Current WIP
    Ah, a tactical ham-sandwich, nice.
    jack

Post  jack on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:34 am

lol...

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 am

Raphie wrote:25 to 30 metres!
    What modifications did you do? Mine gets 60 feet with streamlines.

WV17 when can you measure your ranges?
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:11 am

right now

edit: oops just realised that its open atm half an hour and i may have ranges

edit: done my estimates where about 5 meters long

6 darts
    - 13m
    - 15.5m
    - 15.7m
    - 17m
    - 18m
    - 25m
    Average = 17.37m
    In feet = 56.988189
    so yes your right around 60 feet

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 am

OK cool, thats about right. Mine maxes around 60 feet with Streamlines. Streamlines are really light so they tend to fly upwards first which achieves those distances.
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 am

my current stefans are too thik i'm hoping to get a load of informers foam and make some stok dart diameter ones then i reckon it'll max out at about 30-35 meters depending on the dart weight and length
    oompadidoompity

Post  oompadidoompity on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:42 am

i know you love it roger and for the noobs going omfg wtf omg longshot he recked it im gonna paint over it
    (the boltsled broke i would never single a longshot with an unbroken boltsled)
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 am

This paint was totaly worth the $18 I paied for it.

Don't worry, this Nitefinder is going to get way more awesome

Are you Furstrated?
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:31 am

Roger is that red or pink, but any way looks pretty eye rapin already, hope it rapes my eyes some more.
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:08 am

Its flurosecent pink. but my camera made it look dark (Still getting use to my ney Digital SLR). I have a bad feeling it's going to chip off easy. The paint wasn't designed for plastics, but i did put a undercoat of squirts on to help it.

Are you Furstrated?
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks Roger, you have given me new inspiration...
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:00 pm

I shall now reveal to you all! Ham Sandwich 4: Salvation

It's not quite done yet, still some more hand paint is needed.

I orignaly wanted to use purple instead of blue, but I had a choice between a can of purple paint, or lunch. I chose wisely.

Are you Furstrated?
    WV17

Post  WV17 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 am

sooo pink MY EYES THEY HAVE LOST BEEN RAPED TO DEATH! SOMEONE BRING ME JUSTICE!
    Biggles

Post  Biggles on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am

wait a second, I thought rape was illigal. great nite-finder!

Bigles
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:42 am

That paintjob was just a practice for my project that I mentioned at the last war.

But for that one I was thinking of using a camo pattern like this one

Are you Furstrated?
    BlackOps

Post  BlackOps on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:32 am

This is my collection so far. Its not much at the moment, but its growing by the week.

[img:19f6]http://oznerf.forumotion.com/[/img]

Below, is the monstrosity i built this week. Its was a Raider, until i killed it. Now it's runs off my compressor at 30psi. It still uses the original loading mechanism, its just arward to use.

Has a range of roughly 200 ft from a nerf dart. AA battries go roughly 2 blocks...

Raphie

Post  Raphie on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:48 am

-Aj- wrote:

Also.. I've managed to accumulate a lot of streamlines, here's a couple pics, the ones with the red tip have had the conversion treatment already, write up soon.. They fly so straight.

Aj

hey Aj, i am interested in those converted streamlines, when do you think the write up is ready?
    BlackOps

Post  BlackOps on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:45 pm

theaussienerfman wrote:Nerfed in the head that is sweet. How are you shooting battries, that sounds brutal.

Yes, it is quite brutal.... although i dont recommend using batteries... someones innocent windscreen might fall victim. Although it is impressive when ya loose sight of it.
    As you would know, a standard nerf gun wouldnt even come close to getting enough air pressure to launch a battery.
    So, I constructed a firing cylinder from PVC and a watering gun, mated it to the back of my Raider, plugged in my air compressor, and pumped 30psi into it. (roughly the same as what you would find in a car tyre).
    Because nerf darts are relativley light they can only travel so far then they loose velocity pretty quickly, so i tried something mildly heavy to get a better idea of how far i could actually get... eg. AA battery.

Needless to say. This thing is powerful. If anyone decides to use a compressor, be carful, as a PVC gun will turn into a shrapnel grenade if it lets go.

btw, if anyone wants me to do a write-up on using a compressor for air pressure let me know, and ill do one. Its not as simple as just plugging it in an lettin it rip. USING A COMPRESSOR IS DANGEROUS AND INSANE... but it is friggin awesome when a ya launch a dart to the point that ya cant see it anymore.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:56 pm