If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post PICTURES of your modded, original works! (PICTURES ONLY! - NON-PICTURE POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 7-DAY BAN!)

melbnerf619

Re: Post PICTURES of your modded, original works! (PICTURES ONLY! - NON-PICTURE POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 7-DAY BAN!)

Post  melbnerf619 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 pm

My mates customized mav (made it for him but he painted it) -40ft
    And my TitMav (maverick with 15mm coupler and titan intergration) -300+ft
    [img][/img]

My beautiful hoppered LAHB with an ACTUAL PVC WYE from America. (i have 5). -Typical plugged LAHB ranges
    [img][/img]

My rare sm1.5k with 4 12" barrels -150ft
    [img][/img]

My nitefinder with full K26 and 1 1/8 inch Polycarb plunger and 15mm PVC couplered with a massive draw extension. -110ft
    [img][/img]

Here is that 100% compressed spring and 100% seal on this bastard! Oh yea, and that massive plunger draw!
    [img][/img]

I've been meaning to post these photos for a while.
    PM me for questions, rages, feedback?
    -James
    taerkitty

Re: Post PICTURES of your modded, original works! (PICTURES ONLY! - NON-PICTURE POSTS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 7-DAY BAN!)

Post  taerkitty on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:48 pm

HEAT Pistol (Hornet Expand-a-Tank)

Because fugly is a feature.
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:23 am

Mav Tech 2000

The little switch at the bottom is because I'm thinking of integrating a flashlight.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:42 pm

See it here at Australian Nerf, Exclusive Titan mod
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:46 am

Quick 16 mod for a customer. Sanded the edges of the dart feeder to allow for use with Screamers and suction darts as well as Taggers. Custom stock courtesy a Recon's stock that I Frankensteined into something useful and good-looking. Painted up the whole thing and added a few fun bits. Tip left orange with the intent of unannounced outdoor use, and by client request.

An old Secret Shot #1. Switched out the rotational spring with something harder to warp, stretched the plunger spring to give it more oomph, made another couple of release holes at the front of each dart-holding bar thingy to minimize restricted air... so I guess that means it was an AR mod, technically. Then I minimized it in the back, maximized it in the front, and used some weird methods to make it look like this, including throwing it on pavement, lighting it on fire, covering it with dirt, smacking it against a tree, drybrushing it, and using thick acrylic paint in a dabby-fashion to replicate wood on the handle. Went back, detailed gold, speckle-coated it as I am prone to do.

Added bonus: Foddered-up and Painted-up cap gun!

STEPPING UP THE GAME, PEOPLE. O_O
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 pm

This is how to do a Sharpshooter II:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HELL YEAH ULTIMATE STREET CRED YO!

Give back to your fellow member and buy his wares. All profits stay in Australia, tune up my VR SS V8, and more.
    In case you're curious about my WTB requests or my Triple Shot products.

Don't worry, I've compiled a list so far of us VIC crew here, yo.

Also, can you people start putting titles in PMs? I can't be bothered trying to figure out what the subject and context is within a PM.

Now a proud owner of a Holden VR Commodore SS V8 with a stage 2 shifter, VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMM!
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:43 am

Buzz Bee Shotgun and Buzz Bee pistol beginner mods

I spent the weekend doing my first ever mods. I didn't want to ruin one of my Nerf guns, so I started with the cheaper Buzz Bee shotgun and pistol. I did the pistol out of boredom because waiting on the coats of the shotgun to dry took longer than anticipated. The curvature of the pistol reminded me of the awesome M7 assault rifle from video game Mass Effect, so I kind of did it as a homage to that.

Be gentle with me.. this is my first attempt!

whichgrep

Post  whichgrep on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Just finished painting this for my 8 year old daughter. She asked for "girly camo"...

Yes, it really is that bright.

Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 am

Here's another one. Nerf Secet Strike. Lacquered barrel, weighted Buzz Bee dart switch-out, complete aesthetic and grip overhaul, now it's a steampunk derringer. I really like it... might use it for my AnachroCon costume.

oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 am

Matching pair of pump action Longshots.

Quadded Triple shot

Neither are really new pics, but I thought I'd get this thread right this time

PS It seems when I post pics, it only shows a link. Don't know why, I used the procedure shown on this forum
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:28 am

Here's a couple new ones.

Here's the ShadowLance, or as I call it "I'm glad this thing was worth it because it was such a pain in the arse".

This one is the Scynavoid Dodeca Gun, a 12-shot old-style Tek-6 Manta with an ergonomic curvature and a cool painjob with detailing to match my Autocannon.
    sab754

Post  sab754 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:22 pm

My first modded Nite Finder, its been minimized, Air restrictor removed and I added some sort of barrel thingy from a toy gun that I found.
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 am

Figured I might as well add the other paint mods I've done in the last few weeks. There's further info at my website (if you visit disregard any malware warning, it's a wordpress issue and has been fixed).

Right..

Fang.. for Vampire Hunters

Stampede .. clearly I have a thing for red and black.

Buzz Bee Belt Blaster Aliens homage.

Longstrike (more pics at my site, didn't want to post loads)

Nerf Element EX-6 - Finished this one last night, think it's my favorite
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 am

And another... well I was bored while watching TV.
    Nerf Switch Shot EX-3 Resident Evil T-Virus injector pistol.

evozn

Post  evozn on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:12 am

Glow in the dark recon

Red tiger mav with failed rear loading

Akimbo Assassin

Nite-Mare

Post  Akimbo Assassin on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 am

My second snakeskin paint job, following the colour scheme of a Coral Snake. It is my Nite-Mav integration which I called "Nite-Mare", which has a bit of truth to it. I tried to followed Carrtoon's Nite-Mav mod guide from NerfHQ, however he had his NF plunger tube in reverse direction which I placed mine in the right direction, so I had to improvise and glued a couple of aluminium brackets inside to hold the trigger catch in place. Pain-in-the-arse to get it working, and it still has slightly sticky trigger despite adding a second return spring.

Last edited by Akimbo Assassin on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pic added)
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 am

Fo' Shizzle.

RSCB'd hunter, and I believe I am the first to do it as well!
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:39 am

My WIP bbumb with homemade hopper and dart door, relocated tank, homemade trigger and pump replacement. Still trying to fix a couple of leaks.

Detail of the trigger mech. (orange piece is off the gun locks)

RSCB'd cobra with 12" PETG barrel. Gets 130-140' range at 5 pumps. Pink stuff is pool noodle I was carving up and mucking around with.

Detail of the dart door.
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:43 am

My missile launching cobra with homemade rockets. Goes 50' flat at 10 pumps.

These things are heaps fun to use. Will hopefully bring it down to a Brisbane war soon.
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 am

My SS-PB in a Recon laser shell..

On a Stampede..

GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 am

Just a couple more I've done recently. The Blade Runner homage isn't quite finished. The GoW homage I thought was funny because it's such a crap / slow gun.

Bailey

Post  Bailey on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:58 am

My new Quad shot i modded today

Complete with rear loading!

And my ghetto conduit barrel spacer.
    bakabill

Post  bakabill on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:12 pm

So I bought some pipe cutters and decided to put them to good use in making one of these :
    http://modworks.blogspot.com/2011/08/sgn-8t-modular-pvc-turret-design-build.html

Super easy to make and makes my old 4B much classier XD

Used stubs of 20mm conduit to form a ring with 6 barrels

Stole my little brother's blue marble to index my barrels

GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:42 am

Got down to some Alien goodness with the Buzz Bee pistol....

Me mucking around with my Aliens Motion Tracker lol

Hope thise pics work, they're from my Facebook Page.. which you should like.. obviously lol.
    bakabill

Post  bakabill on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 pm

More turreted goodness

melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Ok guys, I've got a LS and decided to do my first PaintJob.

I've used Dy-Mark revolution enamal paint for metal, plastic, wood and Masonry. I got it from Bunnings for $10.95
    http://www.dymark.com.au/coatings/Product-details.aspx?product=1056

I've done a couple coats and waiting to go to games workshop to get a black detailer. Tell me how I done? Improvements? Feedback?

Ungodlyfreak

The Titanshot.

Post  Ungodlyfreak on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:26 pm

My newly made titanshot. Still need to work out some issues with my PETG longshot breech and work out a more solid mount for the titan, but you all get the idea.

the current attachment seen here is a maverick turret rigged like a shotgun. I intend to run a wire to a second proper trigger in front of the normal longshot trigger. range is about 10 to 15m and could probably be improved. The shotgun attachment is held in a coupler and still allows for the original rocket tube to be screwed on for rockets or singled fire. Here is a pic with some added strap mount points and with the rocket attached:
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Guess what arrived today?

Beefed up the catch, added an 8cm Hep20 barrel (all I had on me :P), hits 40-50ft with streamlines.
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Judge Dredd Lawgiver Nerf Point Break (WIP).

Acerised

Post  Acerised on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Why is it soo Shiny!!!?

Ungmon

My Longshot

Post  Ungmon on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:20 pm

The attatchment

Where it fits in

How it fits in

All together now!
    chiiia

Post  chiiia on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm

My first paint-job. Painted with Tamiya spray paints Bright Red (TS-49) and Gloss Aluminium (TS-17). It turned out alright, but it could have been better. The tape didn't do the best job, and the aluminium ran out on the second coat. PM me with feedback, suggestions and so forth. Thanks.
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:10 pm

My Paintjobs

-James
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:18 am

I think I've done quite a few mods that I haven't posted, but most of them weren't 'Nerf'... Today's finished mod is Nerf though so here it is.

Nerf Proton Fallout edition
    I also made a prop PIP-Pad just to make something that wasn't Nerf, the screen lights up, as does the 'power cell' which has a green glow. The Nerf Proton has a flick switch and Yellow LED mounted at the front, it doesn't do anything but light up, it looks cool for effect though.

As always more pictures / explanation at My Blog and My Facebook Page.
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 am

So i have pretty much finnished my "ultimatestrike" as posted in the cwc competition.

A couple of final adjustments before painting are to secure the pump without using zip ties, and run the tubing along the side of the gun.

Last edited by frostythesnowman on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:53 pm