If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

July 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

10th of April Sydney war (time change)

Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Re: 10th of April Sydney war (time change)

Post  Xoenz on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 am

2120 wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:
    Silent Scope wrote:You guys better be prepared for longstrikeguy when he ups the springs in his TS. A good NF+LS combo should do the trick.

Which reminds me boy, you'd better do some damn good advertising for me at this war. And I need your details to charge you through Paypal too...

Ohh this should be good.

His QS vs my singled TS with Hopper clip.

What springs in SS's QS?

=D

I've got a Longshot + stock spring in my clip fed breeched TS =)

LSG's probably would have a higher RoF, but i have to more shots before reloading. And unless he's a big 12 year old Polynesian boy, I'd say he'd have a harder time reloader it than I would.

Anyway - Synergie's right. Judging by the success in lighting up the interest of Sydney nerfers, we should be already planning another war soon. Anyone volunteer to run it?

Lol no. He is not a big Polynesian boy.

Btw my TS has a V1 LS spring and stock.

longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:14 am

Sorry, is it alright with everyone if I change the time of the war to 12 pm till 4 pm?
    Thanks

P.S I'm not big but I'm relatively strong and I can load the ts quite quickly.
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:30 am

longstrikeguy wrote:Sorry, is it alright with everyone if I change the time of the war to 12 pm till 4 pm?
    Thanks

P.S I'm not big but I'm relatively strong and I can load the ts quite quickly.

Physical size or strength plays only a small role. Technique will generally outperform strength - using pushing and pulling motions etc. I've seen 12-year-old kids use higher poundage compound bows, that grown men struggle to draw-back...
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am

2120 wrote:
    Anyway - Synergie's right. Judging by the success in lighting up the interest of Sydney nerfers, we should be already planning another war soon. Anyone volunteer to run it?

As I said earlier, I would be more than happy to come onboard as an admin, for Bicenntennial-based wars ONLY (ie. NOT Chatswood wars).
    RL

Post  RL on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Make it happen man.
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 pm

I have a couple of questions for everyone.

Firstly, how many people are coming?

Secondly, I think that Bicenntennial Park wars would be A HECTIC idea

Last of all, I would say that Longstrikeguy and Myself should be admins of chatwood wars since we are like the founders of it

Last edited by dandaldaks on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Well.. Tough chance I'm coming.. I think i'll sit this one out.
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Come on. Please make a good effort.

I can't tell how many people are coming cause of people like this.
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Well you go somewhere else, as i worked my ass off last time just to come.

I'm gonna take a break this time. Unless i can somehow winge my friends into taking me.
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Longstrikeguy and Myself have came to a conclusion about a second war for these holidays

We have said that we will be having a second war

The venue will be at Centennial Park because it benifits everyone, driving wise (the exact location will be up for discussion)
    Which in turn cancels out any CBF excuses

The post for this war will be up some time tommorow (since I have to do Geography workage).

Hope EVERYone comes,

From Daniel

Last edited by dandaldaks on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    RL

Post  RL on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:52 pm

^ You didn't need to come to that conclusion - Synergie already volunteered to organize the next one.

But yeah, kudos to whoever's organizing. Just make sure you know which part of Bicentennial Park. It's a big ass place.
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm

It's going to be tough at the first war as it has been years since Ive been in there, I've had a look on GOOGLE MAPS and I think we should meet where the Green Arrow is (not the point labelled A), just in case you cant see it, it's a very long carpark. I suggest we meet there and go for a walk, scouting locations, I simply do not have time to do this prior to the war, whenever it will be as I have Work at Laser Skirmish in Five Dock and Uni assignments to do. Also keep in mind, I cannot offer obstacles/walls for cover, in the future, depending on the success of Bicentennial-based wars I may invest in such materials.

Basically my job as admin will involve arranging a date and time that is reasonable for everyone, running "mission" games, enforcing safety and best practice, which flows onto reassuring parents about safety of such games. That said, one point I must make is, I take zero legal responsibility for injuries sustained, damage or theft to your gear. From a legal standpoint, we are just a group of friends/acquaintances going out to meet and play at a public park. That's not to say I won't help you if you are injured, the bottom line is, you cant sue me!
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Protect yourself! PROTECT YOURSELF!

Also, in the future, I may host the odd war in Kensington, on UNSW's grounds. Depending on how everything goes, it is possible for us to have inflatable obstacles and CARDBOARD BOX FORTS! Also there might be about 20-ish people there also playing.

No promises but just a glimpse into the future if everything turns out right.

P.S. I know kensington is some way off, but there are buses that stop right outside UNSW from central station. It's manageable.
    RL

Post  RL on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Echoes wrote:Protect yourself! PROTECT YOURSELF!

Also, in the future, I may host the odd war in Kensington, on UNSW's grounds. Depending on how everything goes, it is possible for us to have inflatable obstacles and CARDBOARD BOX FORTS! Also there might be about 20-ish people there also playing.

No promises but just a glimpse into the future if everything turns out right.

P.S. I know kensington is some way off, but there are buses that stop right outside UNSW from central station. It's manageable.

Grab a MyZone1 concession, it's 8 bucks. You can get 10 trips. Thank God our shitty transport system is slightly more bearable now.

Whenabouts are you planning a UNSW one? I've never been there lol (though I've been to Randwick)
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 pm

No dates yet. Just hoping to get a thriving community down in UNSW before I let you guys join in :P.

See, I gotta make sure they're strong enough before I mix the gene pools...

When the time comes, I'll update you all and send an invitation.
    RL

Post  RL on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 pm

I will take double the satisfaction shooting someone from UNSW =) [just being a typical USyd elitist]
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Sigh...

Apparently longstrikeguy is having troubles with the TS I've sent him. I hope things work out for you, buddy, as I'm hoping this commission can be put through the test in this war here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HELL YEAH ULTIMATE STREET CRED YO!

Give back to your fellow member and buy his wares. All profits stay in Australia, tune up my VR SS V8, and more.
    In case you're curious about my WTB requests or my Triple Shot products.

Don't worry, I've compiled a list so far of us VIC crew here, yo.

Also, can you people start putting titles in PMs? I can't be bothered trying to figure out what the subject and context is within a PM.

Now a proud owner of a Holden VR Commodore SS V8 with a stage 2 shifter, VVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMM!
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 am

In regard to UNSW wars, that's a top idea, I go to UTS and took a 5minute look at the possibility of wars at UTS but there really isnt the area for it (just city buildings and all), warring on a Sydney campus would be great, going back to the real roots of HvZ back when it started at Goucher College.

I don't suppose you've gone and told security yet though? Goes without saying it's a good idea to do so.
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:22 am

Silent Scope wrote:Sigh...

Apparently longstrikeguy is having troubles with the TS I've sent him. I hope things work out for you, buddy, as I'm hoping this commission can be put through the test in this war here.

To hard to prime?

I'm going easily with my V1+stock spring..
    Twist

Post  Twist on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:34 am

I dont quite understand why anyone needs to be an 'admin' for organising events. What, you gonna stop me having my own meet at chatswood on a day that you guys arent having one?

if someone starts an event, it should be for the good of the people going, not to satisfy some power trip. this is the key to having good events that grow the community.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:38 am

Twist wrote:I dont quite understand why anyone needs to be an 'admin' for organising events. What, you gonna stop me having my own meet at chatswood on a day that you guys arent having one?

if someone starts an event, it should be for the good of the people going, not to satisfy some power trip. this is the key to having good events that grow the community.

I completely agree with you. Sure I host the events, but that doesn't stop me from getting others to help. Getting others to help just makes the day easier for everyone. Listen to other's opinions, take it on board and it'll work out.
    RL

Post  RL on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 am

Yesterday was the first time I heard dandaldaks and LSG call themselves 'admins' - prior to that we've been doing all these planning for the next war, all because Synergie, Echoes, xoenz live kinda far from Chatswood.

So go ahead and plan because if you read back we've been doing exactly that
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:51 am

2120 wrote:Yesterday was the first time I heard dandaldaks and LSG call themselves 'admins' - prior to that we've been doing all these planning for the next war, all because Synergie, Echoes, xoenz live kinda far from Chatswood.

So go ahead and plan because if you read back we've been doing exactly that

I don't recall LSG calling himself an admin..

But thanks for your consideration in noting my location. And Its more than far. Its like an hours drive, not to mention 3-4 tolls D=
    This Bicentenary park would cut the driving time and toll costby a significant amount.

Oh what happened to Nerfer4life guy. He lived in Liverpool too..
    RL

Post  RL on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:56 am

Not directly no, that's right.

However, dandaldaks did say
    Last of all, I would say that Longstrikeguy and Myself should be admins of chatwood wars since we are like the founders of it

So if that other person is using your name to claim something, you two have probably already talked about it or the other person is spouting BS.

Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 am

2120 wrote:Not directly no, that's right.

However, dandaldaks did say

So if that other person is using your name to claim something, you two have probably already talked about it or the other person is spouting BS.

Lol. yup.

Anyway so be it. what if we do have admins, its not like they can kick us out.. All thats in for them is hard work in trying to make the day run smoothly.
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:39 am

I needed to read the last few posts twice to understand what you're all talking about.

The point I would like to make is, having an "admin" is necessary, I only use that term because that's what we use in terms of computer games and LANs. An "admin" in my opinion is one who carries out the responsibilities I outlined earlier, as in, arranging a day and time that works for as many attendees as possible and then on the day, be a source of organisation by trying to structure some interesting games. That said, by no means should there be one, I was just the first to volunteer for Bicentennial Park-based wars, I'm sure others would come on board and I very much welcome that.

To address Twist's comments directly, I think you're accusations of restricting others to satisfy one's need for power is completely unfounded. I hope by explaining the above, I have helped you understand the need for an "admin", I don't know of any organisation of any kind that doesn't have some form of hierarchy, for the benevolence of the organisation, having a few people in a management-sort of position, providing they are fair, like-minded people will lead the organisation to success. The Management theory aside, in regard to Nerf Wars, without a few people running games, they would be disorganised and players would quickly lose interest.

TLDR: Just wanted to clear the air as there's no hard feelings on having admin's.
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 am

The reason why I haven't been posting for a week is because I was banned but I was still on the forum 24/7 but I could only lurk on it as a guest, meaning no posting for me.

As regards to Admin: It means that LSG and I are the Key organisers.
    As for the word admin I would very much like it to be changed to War Organisers since then it implies that we have no direct power over the awesome people who turn up for the war.
    I would just like to add that everyone should use common sense don't try to hurt anybody or start arguements like aiming for the head or not excepting you got 'tagged' as this can cause altercations making the war spin out of control.

Remember when it comes down to it we are all in it for the same thing.
    FUN FUN FUN

Don't worry about being kicked out. we are nice
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 am

I can vote for Longstrikeguy and Dandaldaks to organise Nerf wars. They have been pretty casual and easy going for those two wars I have attended, unlike other organizers I have read on various sites who can be very anal with rules. The main reason is to have fun, this is not a competition.
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:54 am

Synergie wrote:I don't suppose you've gone and told security yet though? Goes without saying it's a good idea to do so.

With hope they'll be events sanctioned by the University's student union. Everything will be properly booked etc so you won't have to worry.

@lilbro I'm sure this is normal, for people to lock horns and whatnot when a city is really trying to get wars going. While I haven't bothered to do any research, I'm almost certain there were people trying to take control up in Queensland. As we establish ourselves as a stronger Nerf community, we'll find the same balance that you QLD-ers have.
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 am

dandaldaks wrote:The reason why I haven't been posting for a week is because I was banned but I was still on the forum 24/7 but I could only lurk on it as a guest, meaning no posting for me.

As regards to Admin: It means that LSG and I are the Key organisers.
    As for the word admin I would very much like it to be changed to War Organisers since then it implies that we have no direct power over the awesome people who turn up for the war.
    I would just like to add that everyone should use common sense don't try to hurt anybody or start arguements like aiming for the head or not excepting you got 'tagged' as this can cause altercations making the war spin out of control.

Remember when it comes down to it we are all in it for the same thing.
    FUN FUN FUN

Don't worry about being kicked out. we are nice

Oh and.. Arn't you supposed to be in school?

I'm sick so yeh..
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:06 am

@Xoenz

Oznerf isn't blocked at my school so I am like online 24/7 but I am topping all my classes so I'm cool
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:13 am

dandaldaks wrote:
    @Xoenz

Oznerf isn't blocked at my school so I am like online 24/7 but I am topping all my classes so I'm cool

OMFG snadsfjkneiotmg,ergrhy

Lucky crap.

My school blocked it but i haz new laptops you haz old crappy blue ones. ahahahaha

**Spelling is to show inseriousness (If thats a word)**
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 am

I haven't been on this thread for ages, but my mum's still considering it. As for me, the Bicentennial Park area would be perfect. And for LSG's BB, I would take it for $30. Also, if was to buy it, would the Tac. Rail ammo holder be included? I CBF about darts.
    Twist

Post  Twist on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:38 am

Synergie wrote:I needed to read the last few posts twice to understand what you're all talking about.

The point I would like to make is, having an "admin" is necessary, I only use that term because that's what we use in terms of computer games and LANs. An "admin" in my opinion is one who carries out the responsibilities I outlined earlier, as in, arranging a day and time that works for as many attendees as possible and then on the day, be a source of organisation by trying to structure some interesting games. That said, by no means should there be one, I was just the first to volunteer for Bicentennial Park-based wars, I'm sure others would come on board and I very much welcome that.

To address Twist's comments directly, I think you're accusations of restricting others to satisfy one's need for power is completely unfounded. I hope by explaining the above, I have helped you understand the need for an "admin", I don't know of any organisation of any kind that doesn't have some form of hierarchy, for the benevolence of the organisation, having a few people in a management-sort of position, providing they are fair, like-minded people will lead the organisation to success. The Management theory aside, in regard to Nerf Wars, without a few people running games, they would be disorganised and players would quickly lose interest.

TLDR: Just wanted to clear the air as there's no hard feelings on having admin's.

not a problem mate. I just wanted to be clear that we shouldnt be worried about 'whos war' it actually is, because at the end of the day its everyones event. if the majority of people wanted to move this war to bicentennial park, it should happen.

at the same time though, when organising a war, finding the best date/location for everyone is usually an endless cycle. when it comes to arranging an event, name the time and place and if people want to come, they can. trying to tailor it to suit everyone is going to be an excersise in frustration - I have experience organising meets of other hobbies before.
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 am

danerfdude wrote:I haven't been on this thread for ages, but my mum's still considering it. As for me, the Bicentennial Park area would be perfect. And for LSG's BB, I would take it for $30. Also, if was to buy it, would the Tac. Rail ammo holder be included? I CBF about darts.

What do you mean my BB, I think you got me confused.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 am