If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

BushWarriors (lets get our milsim on) 17th of April Ferguson Park Adelaide

splosionman

BushWarriors (lets get our milsim on) 17th of April Ferguson Park Adelaide

Post  splosionman on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:37 am

As some of you may have heard, we have been discussing what I have decided to call an 'endurance' war.

Date: Sunday 17th of April

Venue: Ferguson reserve, behind st Peters girls school, Stonyfell http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ferguson+park+adelaide&aq=&sll=-34.926053,138.662653&sspn=0.058549,0.132093&ie=UTF8&hq=ferguson+park&hnear=Adelaide+South+Australia&ll=-34.93031,138.672352&spn=0.007098,0.016512&t=h&z=17.
    Meet on marble tce at the people with the brightly coloured toy guns. We will not start until all the people expected are there, as you will likely not be able to find us.

Running time: 12 to 5

Rules
    Each person has 5 lives. There are no objectives, apart from elimnating the other team(s).

The entire area of Ferguson reserve is going to be used. There is no bag area to leave your things. Everything you take has to be carried on you for the whole day.
    The day consists of 1, possibly 2 round, ending the war early if need be. Each round is planned to go for 2-3 hours. Depending on the amount of people who attend.

When hit, you may move to a team member, who counts to 3 !LOUDLY! while touching them before the person comes back into play. If one team member is left, they cannot respawn. An eliminated player may move around until they find a friendly player who in to revive them. They must have their hand up high at all times.
    Arm bands will be worn to discern teams.

Once players have lost all 5 lives, they return to a pre defined area where people who have ceased play go. I must stress that people have to be honest for this to work. People are understandably competative, but as tempting as it may be with no one keeping track, it will ruin the game for everyone.

If anyone drops out of play for any reason, they must go to designated area, and cannot enter play again.

Hits on backpacks etc are at the call of the shooter. If they say it hit you, take the hit. That being said, don't call the hit unless you see the dart stop moving.
    ALL things required for the day must be carried. This means you need darts, water (at least a litre, really needs to be more), food, sunscreen and hat, toolkit or whatever else you think will be usefull. Phone numbers will be taken at the start incase we need to contact people, so bring a mobile. Walkie talkies can be brought if you think you will use them, but don't plan until you know the teams.

Teams will be chosen at random before the day, using a fair method, so don't plan anything with anyone until the teams are posted(most likely the day before).

Whistles will be distributed, but it will help if you bring your own. When you hear a whistle, blow your own and make your way to the elimination area to meet with everyone, as the round is over either because a team has won, or the time is up.

You will need to post in this thread if you are DEFINITELY going. If you don't know, say so, but you will need to find out by the day before or we will not make prevision for you and you will not be able to play on the day unless someone drops out.
    You will most likely get tired on the day. This is part of the challenge. If you really feel the need to stop, then you may drop out. However, if you know that you won't be able to manage, its probably better if you don't turn up, although a camera man or someone to stay at the elimination area would be useful if you are willing to not play. I understand this kind of thing may not sound like a fun day for some people, but I believe it will prove to be.
    If you post that you are coming, I am assuming that you have read all of these rules, so that I do not have to go through them on the day.

Confirmed attendees:
    Me
    Brad
    Keychane
    Jack
    Biggles
    Tony
    Aj
    Roger
    Smitty
    Tidge
    Chad

Possibly:
    gooni

Team 1:
    smitty
    jack
    jason
    tony
    mark
    brad
    chad
    Nick
    Nick2

Team 2:
    scott
    Roger
    Nigel
    Servulus
    gooni
    AJ
    Axel
    Peter

BTW, milsim is not necessarily part of this war.

Last edited by splosionman on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:10 am; edited 20 times in total
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Re: BushWarriors (lets get our milsim on) 17th of April Ferguson Park Adelaide

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 am

I was actually going to plan one of these 'endurance wars' mid / end year. I was going to base this on dynasty warriors (PS1,2,3) and advanced wars (GBA).

Here's everything in a nutshell (just an idea, you don't have to take it). Set up designated bases that are marked with blank (each base has two different coloured markers / flags).

The aim is to capture the other team's HQ and premarked bases.

Why should you capture these bases? It's the one of two ways to respawn. The other way to respawn is to return to your HQ. Obviously, the more bases you capture, the more advantageous you are in pushing against the enemy. In order to capture the base the person must tie the designated marker as quickly as they can.

If you are defending the base and is shot, you must return to the nearest base to respawn. You cannot respawn at the base you are defending.

That's just a quick teaser of my 'milsim' nerf game.

Might I suggest if you are using 'five lives', you should get everyone to bring five bandanas / visible rope (you can purchase red / white OR yellow / black striped tape from bunnings (good way to distinguish members?). Get them to tie one on each arm legs and head. Total of five. Each time they're shot, they have to remove one. Once they've run out, they return to your 'predetermined' safe zone.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 am

I am keen as for this one, and will be there like flies on shit.

It's time to get some good hiking type boots me thinks, and a better backpack.

I should have my helmet cam by then so FPS vid will be win.

Gooni.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:25 am

littlebro05 wrote:I was actually going to plan one of these 'endurance wars' mid / end year. I was going to base this on dynasty warriors (PS1,2,3) and advanced wars (GBA).

Here's everything in a nutshell (just an idea, you don't have to take it). Set up designated bases that are marked with blank (each base has two different coloured markers / flags).

The aim is to capture the other team's HQ and premarked bases.

Why should you capture these bases? It's the one of two ways to respawn. The other way to respawn is to return to your HQ. Obviously, the more bases you capture, the more advantageous you are in pushing against the enemy. In order to capture the base the person must tie the designated marker as quickly as they can.

If you are defending the base and is shot, you must return to the nearest base to respawn. You cannot respawn at the base you are defending.

That's just a quick teaser of my 'milsim' nerf game.

Might I suggest if you are using 'five lives', you should get everyone to bring five bandanas / visible rope (you can purchase red / white OR yellow / black striped tape from bunnings (good way to distinguish members?). Get them to tie one on each arm legs and head. Total of five. Each time they're shot, they have to remove one. Once they've run out, they return to your 'predetermined' safe zone.

I think the idea with bandannas will be something that will good to implement at this war, but I'm still at doubt as to whether it will solve any cheating problems we might have, as no one will be policing it. However, it will be useful for reminding people how many lives they have.

I want to avoid bases as it means people gravitate towards those bases. I think the gametype you have suggested is very different to what I planned, apart from the time that it runs. I would like to hear some more about it though, as it sounds like its worth a try if this war goes well.

I think an appropriate title that sums up my envisaged gametype is probably search and destroy. The 2-3 teams have a very large area to move around in, so people can plan meet ups at certain times, sweep areas, hunt down smaller groups of people, set up ambushes and whatever else you want to do that makes you feel like you are in the military. On that note, I didn't originally intend for this to be a milsim war, but that is likely how it will turn out, and I think it will add to rather than detract from the fun.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:48 am

splosionman wrote:

I think the idea with bandannas will be something that will good to implement at this war, but I'm still at doubt as to whether it will solve any cheating problems we might have, as no one will be policing it. However, it will be useful for reminding people how many lives they have.

I really don't think cheating will be a problem, as the people that are most likely to attend this war are the more hardcore of us here , and I would like to think the more honest and trustworthy too.

Bandanna or something like it would be a good idea or maybe a "score card" of types, just to you know how many lives you have, with out letting the opposing team knowing and picking on the players with the lesser life count.

Some thought from your local supernoob

Gooni.
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 am

I dont think you guys will want to wait an hour before im able to be there, as I may only just be there by 12:00...

Whatta do? Idea, Make it start 12:30 and finish 5:00?

But i'd be keen for this.

- Brad

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Edited time.
    Biggles

Post  Biggles on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:28 pm

I definitely will be coming, I love this idea!

Biggles
    keychane

Post  keychane on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm

I will definately be there for this one. But to mark teams more obviously than an armband may I suggest something like a plain coloured t-shirt or hat. I've had trouble with armbands at past wars as they can be hidden by sleeves or hard to see from a distance.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:34 pm

This was what I mean to distribute two colours bands - five tied to everyone. Just so people know how many lives.

You can get this from bunnings for a decently cheap price.
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 am

I will give a tentative yes for this one, but this far out i have no idea what is around the corner.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 am

One thing I just considered with the bands is that they do stick out quite a bit. Now I know we run around with fluro guns, but they can be hidden. I will need to have a serious think about how we are going to do lives and teams. Any more ideas would be appreciated.
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 am

We could use Lachlans Bibs and Life Tags if he still has them.

- Brad
    KingCam

Post  KingCam on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 am

TheBradl3s wrote:We could use Lachlans Bibs and Life Tags if he still has them.

- Brad

I think Winterstrike has them.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:57 am

I have just realised that the 24 is easter sunday, so that isn't going to work for me and mark, and I'm assuming it won't work well for a few other people. I'm thinking of moving this a week forward.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:17 am

May 1st it is then,

I'm in and I'm pretty sure Axel, Jack and Smitty are too, but I'll have to confirm with them..

EDIT- Tidge is confirmed for the 1st May.

I'll be donning the vid glasses for this. And will have a set of walkie talkies too.

And I'll be keeping track of my lives/kills with a sharpie and my arms (I mean a texta, I'm pretty hardcore but I'm not up for self-mutilation)
    Hamish

Post  Hamish on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:40 am

Alright will be there 1st of May also. Should be good fun.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:03 am

Sorry, but by a week forward I meant the other way (!). So that would make it the 17th. I'm assuming people don't mind, but I'd prefer it to be sooner rather than later, sorry for stuffing everyone around with the dates.
    Hamish

Post  Hamish on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:40 am

Should be fine for me still so count me in.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:49 am

Updated. Be sure to let me know whether you can or can't come, or if I haven't put you name on the list, as I need to keep track of who is attending.
    keychane

Post  keychane on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 am

I'll definitely be able to make it.
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:40 am

FYI: 1st May is Mother's Day. For those who have families who will be celebrating such holidays.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:28 am

The date change should be ok for me, I'll let you know if it's ok with Axel, Smitty and Jack.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 am

Synergie wrote:FYI: 1st May is Mother's Day. For those who have families who will be celebrating such holidays.

I'm not sure what you are implying, but just to clear up ANY doubt, the war is on the !17! of april. This date was chosen due to the fact that the 1st is mothers day, and the weekend before is easter.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:34 am

Jack's in, Axel's a maybe and I haven't heard from Smitty yet...
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 am

I'll be there. We should start organising the teams, so we can actually prepare. That would be good.

Shotgun Chaos-blades and Rictus for my teams. we're going to be like a wolf pack.

Aj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    gooni

Post  gooni on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 am

Well I should still be able to make this one, put me down as a maybe for now. I will post when I'm 100% on my attendance.

Gooni.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 am

-Aj- wrote:I'll be there. We should start organising the teams, so we can actually prepare. That would be good.

Shotgun Chaos-blades and Rictus for my teams. we're going to be like a wolf pack.

Aj

To be fair, we have more people maybe attending than we have definitely attending, and making a team now will ultimately result in people getting stuffed
    around when someone says they can't come.

On the note of teams, I'll be using the out of the hat method to select them, because in the end, we nerf regardless of who is on our team, and I am not one to support favouritism.

I have decided to work out teams on the monday before instead of the day before to actually give some time to prepare, but no earlier, as there will be some people at the war this weekend I need to talk to to decide whether they are coming or not.
    This does mean there will most likely be a few people who won't know whether they are attending when teams are made, so some re-organisation might occur.
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:07 am

Put me down as confirmed.

One thing that concerns me is if people decide to act too milsim. you've gotta remember that its still a public park and we don't want to scare the locals.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Are you Furstrated?
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 am

In case noone realised, the 24th is actually Easter Sunday. I was also planning a war for the 24th before I realised this as well.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 am

Is there somewhere where I have forgot to change the date? I thought all the places in the thread said the 17th? Something is wrong here.
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, it said 24th still in the original post, but you've already edited it.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah I already changed one in there, not sure how I missed the second.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

-Aj- wrote:I'll be there. We should start organising the teams, so we can actually prepare. That would be good.

Aj
    lol, very funny. It's good to see that aj's back.

The question is, who is which character from the hangover?
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Well.... you have the beard......

Aj

edit:

On the note of teams, I'll be using the out of the hat method to select them, because in the end, we nerf regardless of who is on our team, and I am not one to support favouritism.

I was joking, but in all honesty the 'hat' method has the potential to create some questionable teams. Not all nerfers are created equal in terms of ability, experience and equipment.

I'm not bringing this up because I dont want to nerf if I'm not on my buddie's team, its just that via a random selection method, unbalanced teams could easily be created. And whilst it might be fun for say me If for some dastardly reason the luck gods put me, tony, nigel, axel and jack in a team (god help the nubs), it wouldn't be fun for the other players, and whilst I enjoy firing at them with foam darts, I also feel as though they should be entitled to an equal amount of enjoyment.

Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm