If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

BushWarriors (lets get our milsim on) 17th of April Ferguson Park Adelaide

Chaos-Blades

Re: BushWarriors (lets get our milsim on) 17th of April Ferguson Park Adelaide

Post  Chaos-Blades on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:11 am

-Aj- wrote:Well.... you have the beard......
    and I did get punched out by Mike Tyson...
    seph

Post  seph on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:19 am

I wont be going

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am

seph wrote:I wont be going
    Just for that, I'm making a special section

-Aj- wrote:Well.... you have the beard......

Aj

edit:

On the note of teams, I'll be using the out of the hat method to select them, because in the end, we nerf regardless of who is on our team, and I am not one to support favouritism.

I was joking, but in all honesty the 'hat' method has the potential to create some questionable teams. Not all nerfers are created equal in terms of ability, experience and equipment.

I'm not bringing this up because I dont want to nerf if I'm not on my buddie's team, its just that via a random selection method, unbalanced teams could easily be created. And whilst it might be fun for say me If for some dastardly reason the luck gods put me, tony, nigel, axel and jack in a team (god help the nubs), it wouldn't be fun for the other players, and whilst I enjoy firing at them with foam darts, I also feel as though they should be entitled to an equal amount of enjoyment.

No problem Aj, I needed to mention teams anyway, and you gave me a convenient excuse. If the teams feel unbalanced, I was going to do a re-draw, and if teams are chosen and someone violently opposes, then I'll do the same.
    I'm not really expecting it to be a serious issue, but teams do need to be balanced in this sort of game type for a fun day.

I'll also take this time to mention that I do not have anywhere near enough whistles for everyone, so you'll have to bring your own. Apart from that, you choose what you take, but obviously use common sense and remember you have to carry it for the entire day.

Finally on the note of milsim, if people want to embrace that then do it in a tactics kind of way, you aren't going to be able to turn up with yowie suits and recons that look like m16s, but again, most people are sensible and I don't think that will happen.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:23 am

Me, jack, Smitty and Axel are definites
    Hamish

Post  Hamish on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:49 am

Just found out that the date change doesn't work for me. Sorry.
    xnerfx

Post  xnerfx on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm new to oznerf and you've never heard of me, but i may or may not be going to this war, at this stage im not quite sure. Anyway the endurance war sounds like a sweet idea and so does the dynasty warriors style war... Good thinking!!

PS. i might be bringing a friend if that's OK.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:53 am

As long as you understand the principle. This war is going to go for a long time. You are going to need a lot of darts, reliable guns and if you get out in the first half an hour, well thats your fault. I'm not convinced that this will be a particularly enjoyable first war as an introduction, but if you are sure that you are prepared and understand whats happening, then by all means turn up.

Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

I'll be probably be there, but grossly underprepared as my house still needs a lot of work and it's a mess. Still, I'm not going to miss out on anymore wars.

I'll bring a bunch of bandanas, bibs etc. so we'll be good for distinguishing teams.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Teams are chosen, currently 7 a side. Possible attendees are included, but make sure you confirm before the war. I wait for a reply from xnerfx, if you decide to attend you will be shuffled into the teams. Bringing a friend would make life easier, as it would keep numbers even, but chances are you would be on opposite teams. Also still wondering if nigel said anything at the last war, or even if he attended.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:12 pm

hmm,the teams look fairly even. should be pretty good.

Edit: Nigel waasn't at the war on sunday. There was only Me, Jack, Smitty, Tom, Gooni, Akira and a new guuy Phil (Duke on the forum)
    xnerfx

Post  xnerfx on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 am

I'll be confirming today or tomorrow if i'm going. but i just moved here from canberra and life is still a bit uncertain. Anyway i just finished my BBUMB and it works well, i have a removable barrel and i might put a hopper on it. How many darts do you think ill need and can i use weighted glue tip stefans.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 am

xnerfx wrote:How many darts do you think ill need and can i use weighted glue tip stefans.
    100 and yes, glue tip stefans are what we use.
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 am

Nigel Rictus WILL be at this war, he has confirmed this with me.

Aj

Last edited by -Aj- on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 am

I am so coming to this war!
    Rictus

Post  Rictus on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:33 am

Just confirming that I WILL be coming. On a side note, I'd appreciate it if people use my screen name online, rather than my actual name. Just one of my eccentricities.
    xnerfx

Post  xnerfx on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:57 am

Is there a train or bus that goes anywhere near here? because my main problem is getting there. i have a primary and secondary and about 200 stefans. Will i be allowed to leave before 5:00 if i'm getting owned or need to leave for another reason?

Biggles

Post  Biggles on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 am

xnerfx wrote:Is there a train or bus that goes anywhere near here?

The 141 stops quite near at stop 17, Statenborough street.

Biggles

Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 pm

I had a look at the rules again and I think we should have a small designated bag area. It's for those who have been ousted to go as well as a place for me to put the box of bibs/armbands etc. Yes, we have to carry our own water/food/whatever, but there really does need to be a place for the dead and play equipment.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:15 pm

I thought I mentioned that in the thread, maybe I didn't specify that the area where the people went when eliminated was the bag area. Anyway, that is what I was intending to do.
    xnerfx

Post  xnerfx on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Sorry but i don't think ill be showing up to this war after all. Like splosionman said it might not be a great first war for me and im not sure if i can get there anyway because i live in Largs North and the wars on the other side of adelaide.I'll try and get to the next one anyway
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:34 pm

xnerfx wrote:Sorry but i don't think ill be showing up to this war after all. Like splosionman said it might not be a great first war for me and im not sure if i can get there anyway because i live in Largs North and the wars on the other side of adelaide.I'll try and get to the next one anyway

The buses that travel to many of our war locations terminate thier journey at North Haven. So they do travel all the way to you and then back to us.
    Rictus

Post  Rictus on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm going to point out that while this war is geared toward the more hardcore of us, people probably shouldn't be using heavies at close range. I doubt there are going to be effective engagements at 200 feet, so everyone should be using normal weighted darts. Beyond that, well, if you manage to put a titan round into me at close range, that's a fair shot.
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 am

Hi all, sorry about last week, family stuff ast last minute, Both myself and nick will 100% be comming and might be bringing Ryan along.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 am

I'll shuffle you into the teams faytzero, but I really need a definite on ryan, you can't say maybe.
    I'm going to have to say that if you haven't already posted that you are coming from now on, then thats it, you've left it too long.

Heavies are also definitely out. Also, at this point, I want make sure everyone who is capable of reading the rules on this thread has. It will make the day run significantly better.
    Rictus

Post  Rictus on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:19 pm

I presume we'll be using Blue/Red Teams as normal? Last time round I had some difficulty keeping the armbands on properly, so I'll be bringing some cloth bands along. Assuming the B/R bands, I'd suggest anyone else who has trouble with the usual ones also bring their own.
    Biggles

Post  Biggles on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Rictus wrote: Assuming the B/R bands, I'd suggest anyone else who has trouble with the usual ones also bring their own.

I aggree, but can't I just wear a bright red shirt?

Biggles

Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

The colored clothing is fine, just make sure you wear the right color or you'll be a failwhale. I'm also thinking of doing another war at my house 2 weeks after this one. Is anyone not free then? It'll be May 1st.
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Biggles wrote:
    Rictus wrote: Assuming the B/R bands, I'd suggest anyone else who has trouble with the usual ones also bring their own.

I aggree, but can't I just wear a bright red shirt?

Biggles

That thee same one you always wear?
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Ryan is also def coming. To confirm for you.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 am

Smitty's friend Nick is a 100% for sunday too
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:16 am

In order to travel light, I wont be taking the trolley to this war. So therefore this means the dart box and dart bag (from last war i was at) wont be with me either. So if you were relying on these darts, let me know now.
    radiantraidercs-35

Post  radiantraidercs-35 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:21 pm

count me in and bringing a mate with
    see use tomorrow

Tidge

Post  Tidge on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:58 am

"use"? :S

I'll be there with my cousin Jason. He's a newbie so I think he'll be on my team since they're uneven.
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 am

Well this war was alot of fun.... for everything else that happened, the nerfing was ok too. Oh and Jason and Mark, were you aware of the 2 girls watching you play, the ones about your own age I'd say 14/15yo... Well they were watching till you 3 kids ran off then they disappeared, probably inside. LOL You had the girls and you all ran away!
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:42 am

My sincere apologies for not attending, I enjoyed a few too many adult beverages after work last night and woke up after the war had started. haha oops. Hope it was a great day for everyone

Aj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 am