If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

July 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Adelaide War Sunday 10th of April, Oaklands Reserve

gooni

Adelaide War Sunday 10th of April, Oaklands Reserve

Post  gooni on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Time = 12pm start Sunday 10th April.

Place = Oaklands reserve here. It is off Oaklands road.

Follow the road to the carpark at the end. All meet up there.

Game types = FFP and maybe some TDM and standard CTF.

Much early warning, so there is loads of time to plan your travels to the south.

Gooni.

seph

Re: Adelaide War Sunday 10th of April, Oaklands Reserve

Post  seph on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:31 am

Yis
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:22 am

Will be there, it's the day after our first proper season Lacrosse game but I'll be there fo' sho'
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Hmmm Dont know if i will be there or not, will have to see how it plays out.

- Brad
    seph

Post  seph on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Ryan and I should be going
    radiantraidercs-35

Post  radiantraidercs-35 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Ill be there hopefully with something new
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:58 am

Jack and Smitty will be attending
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:34 am

I am planning on coming to this one.
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 am

Hey been a while, Ill be going to this one.

Oh and chad if your still out there i still have your Spectre, also has anyone else seen that you can buy Airsoft pistols in SA now?

We need to organise a skirmish for that, maybe a NerfSoft mix up?
    seph

Post  seph on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm

FaytZero wrote:also has anyone else seen that you can buy Airsoft pistols in SA now?

Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:11 pm

FaytZero wrote:Hey been a while, Ill be going to this one.

Oh and chad if your still out there i still have your Spectre, also has anyone else seen that you can buy Airsoft pistols in SA now?

You have been able to buy those pistols for as long as i can remember, that was all they left us with after banning all the good stuff.
    seph

Post  seph on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:14 am

Where can you get them?
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 am

Oh, and Scott, if you can bring the tac-vest for me to try out that'd be great.

if you're still willing to sell and I like it we can make a deal.
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:21 am

seph wrote:Where can you get them?

There is a store at the brickworks market, A guy name Peter runs the store, really, nice, also you need to be 21 or over and have a drivers license to buy though.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 am

FaytZero wrote:

There is a store at the brickworks market, A guy name Peter runs the store, really, nice, also you need to be 21 or over and have a drivers license to buy though.
    What kind of airsoft guns are they? are they springer pistols or mini's?
    KingCam

Post  KingCam on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:47 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    FaytZero wrote:

There is a store at the brickworks market, A guy name Peter runs the store, really, nice, also you need to be 21 or over and have a driver's license to buy though.
    What kind of Airsoft guns are they? are they springer pistols or mini's?

Sorry mate, in Australia Airsoft is illegal. Aussie law classifies Air and BB guns as "Category A" weapons, placing then in the same class as break-action shotguns and rimfire rifles, and acquiring a licence to own (e.g.) a pistol requires a rigorous process of police background checks. You must also have a legitimate reason and be able to prove that reason before you are allowed possession of a firearm, regardless if either Airsoft or real steel.

Anyone found in Australia possessing an unlicensed Airsoft pistol faces the same charge as a person who unlawfully possesses an actual firearm.
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 am

KingCam wrote:
    Chaos-Blades wrote:
    FaytZero wrote:

There is a store at the brickworks market, A guy name Peter runs the store, really, nice, also you need to be 21 or over and have a driver's license to buy though.

Sorry mate, in Australia Airsoft is illegal. Aussie law classifies Air and BB guns as "Category A" weapons, placing then in the same class as break-action shotguns and rimfire rifles, and acquiring a licence to own (e.g.) a pistol requires a rigorous process of police background checks. You must also have a legitimate reason and be able to prove that reason before you are allowed possession of a firearm, regardless if either Airsoft or real steel.

Anyone found in Australia possessing an unlicensed Airsoft pistol faces the same charge as a person who unlawfully possesses an actual firearm.

The laws differ from state to state, it's more the replica laws which get you these days. Airsoft if legal in SA under a certain muzzle velocity, but replicas (unlicensed) are not, hence if they are 'minis', which due to size, are not liable to be mistaken for replicas, they could actually be considered legal. There is a place in the brickworks markets with Airsoft pistols and the like.

Aj

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Bow to me for I am your new god mod

Roger Explosion wrote:you won't even get close to hitting the broardside of Aj's ego using stock streamlines
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:49 am

KingCam wrote:
    Chaos-Blades wrote:
    FaytZero wrote:

I'm pretty sure if I brought in a bunch of airsoft mini's in a suitcase there wouldn't be a problem, a maverick can be more dangerous than those. (link)

EDIT: AJ beat me to it
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    KingCam wrote:
    Chaos-Blades wrote:
    FaytZero wrote:

I'm pretty sure if I brought in a bunch of airsoft mini's in a suitcase there wouldn't be a problem, a maverick can be more dangerous than those. (link)

EDIT: AJ beat me to it

OK just because not enough people have quoted yet, Airsoft is "ILLEGAL" in all states except SA and QLD, in QLD airsoft can be purchased imported if a valid reason can be given, however since Airsoft is a sport here and no range will allow you to fire airsoft, there is no reason, so might as well be Illegal. In SA airsoft is legal if it fires below 180fps it is classified as a TOY, however that said you can still be arrested and charge under the firearms act if used incorrectly in a public place.

So in short you can only buy and used Airsoft in SA that is below 180fps, also there are a few other restrictions such as it must have a unique serial number, a safety switch and the trigger must take at least 11 newtons of pressure to fire.

The only store that sells them is a shop at Brickwork markets, and they currently only have spring pistols, that about 20-25 meters. Still hurt mind you. They come with a metal lock box and a certificate from Customs and SAPOL that certify that its allowed in SA.
    There around $200 each, the two models are the Desert Eagle and the Colt 1911.

A little pricey but there legal and good quality. There is also a shooting range there if you want to go try its about 5-6 bucks for about 20 shots with a pistol and about 12 for some of the rifles and shotguns.

Hope that's clear enough. Also I'm getting a import license soon, and am planning to open a small shop most likely online with some on there. Currently I'm planning and have quotes for G36's and M4's full auto EAG's.
    seph

Post  seph on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:28 pm

My BBUMB just broke, FML.
    See you all at the next war I guess.
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Sorry guys, I wont be there.

To tired after my nice long week of Camping and Kyaking...

- Brad
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I will be there, with a Berserker BNIB $100 with me as well. If You want, just have the cash and you will get to draw a straw unless your the only one that wants it.
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:43 pm

FaytZero wrote:OK just because not enough people have quoted yet, Airsoft is "ILLEGAL" in all states except SA and QLD, in QLD airsoft can be purchased imported if a valid reason can be given, however since Airsoft is a sport here and no range will allow you to fire airsoft, there is no reason, so might as well be Illegal. In SA airsoft is legal if it fires below 180fps it is classified as a TOY, however that said you can still be arrested and charge under the firearms act if used incorrectly in a public place.

So in short you can only buy and used Airsoft in SA that is below 180fps, also there are a few other restrictions such as it must have a unique serial number, a safety switch and the trigger must take at least 11 newtons of pressure to fire.

The only store that sells them is a shop at Brickwork markets, and they currently only have spring pistols, that about 20-25 meters. Still hurt mind you. They come with a metal lock box and a certificate from Customs and SAPOL that certify that its allowed in SA.
    There around $200 each, the two models are the Desert Eagle and the Colt 1911.

A little pricey but there legal and good quality. There is also a shooting range there if you want to go try its about 5-6 bucks for about 20 shots with a pistol and about 12 for some of the rifles and shotguns.

Hope that's clear enough. Also I'm getting a import license soon, and am planning to open a small shop most likely online with some on there. Currently I'm planning and have quotes for G36's and M4's full auto EAG's.
    That's some interesting information and the tantalising prospect of G36's and M4's almost makes me want to move to SA, this is what I found absolutely ridiculous about our three tiers of government, State government's in general are a joke (in NSW anyway), in this case, differing State laws are plain silly, there is no legal justification why an AUSTRALIAN citizen in one corner of the country is allowed to possess such a weapon while another citizen in another corner cannot possess one.

TLDR: Firearms legislation should be standardized across states, in other words, it should be Federal legislation.
    gooni

Post  gooni on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:50 pm

seph wrote:My BBUMB just broke, FML.
    See you all at the next war I guess.

That's just a poor excuse, but what ever.

And yes, on the airsoft topic, it has been known that anything with a velocity of 180fps or greater 1meter from the barrel is considered to be a "firearm" and illegal with out the proper licence here in S.A.

Anyways, I'll be there and will have the boy and my lil brother with me this time, We have a noob to shoot at, yay

Gooni.
    seph

Post  seph on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Well it would be if it was fixable.
    It was dropped somehow, (Not me) and the coupler snapped off, taking the half-coupler length cut-off with it.

I have archery from 8 till 11 tomorrow so that would give me an hour to buy another one, take the barrel out of the coupler (It is epoxied in) and single it.

As I live 20-30 mins away from anywhere where I could buy one, it would be too hard.

Sorry D:
    gooni

Post  gooni on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm all set for tomorrow, it might be a bit wet but who cares, why you ask, well IT'S NERF OR IT'S NOTHING!

See you all there.

Gooni.

splosionman

Post  splosionman on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Not going to be able to make it, my transport dissipated at the last moment. Could someone ask nigel whether he intends to go to the war at ferguson? I'd appreciate it.
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I have to pull out of this war now too, my PC died today so i have to now make my lappy able to take over as my business computer again, which means i need a printer that will work from my lappy by 9am monday morning. Means gotta go out tomorrow and get one.

Computer hates me nerfing, it gets less attention.
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Super late recap.

only 7 people showed up, shame too. Twas a fine day for nerfing.
    we only got a couple of rounds in before being descended upon by a swarm of children, like seagulls to chips. So. Many. kids. all running around with my guns, throwing vortexes everywhere. yet somehow they didn't manage to break any. Thanks to Tony for wrangling them from their hands.

then we legged it to another side of the park away from the seagull hellspawn for some serious rounds.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Are you Furstrated?
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 am

Roger Explosion wrote:Super late recap.

we only got a couple of rounds in before being descended upon by a swarm of children, like seagulls to chips. So. Many. kids. all running around with my guns, throwing vortexes everywhere. yet somehow they didn't manage to break any. Thanks to Tony for wrangling them from their hands.

then we legged it to another side of the park away from the seagull hellspawn for some serious rounds.

It looked like a great war on an awesome day, I really wish I could've came
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:15 am

You really wish that children are disciplined these days. We had kid came up and took one of our blasters (fortunately it was just a stock BBUMB) and he wouldn't give it back. Even the mother struggled. God.
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:20 am

littlebro05 wrote:

You really wish that children are disciplined these days. We had kid came up and took one of our blasters (fortunately it was just a stock BBUMB) and he wouldn't give it back. Even the mother struggled. God.

Yeah, that would really piss me off if someone did that with one of my guns...
    Kids these days
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:27 am

@Faytzero. If you're going to import AEGs and what not, I think you'll only be able to import LPEGs. Since they fire close to aroudn 200FPS.
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:19 am

Roger Explosion wrote: Thanks to Tony for wrangling them from their hands.
    And I only had to threaten 1 of them
    Duke

Post  Duke on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:36 am

Hi Guys

That was the first war that Ive been to and it was fun.
    Thanks to all the guys for showing me their mods, i learnt a lot.
    Its cool how you dudes are all chilled and are willing to teach noobs like me
    And Jack, dont worry about my lip, stung for a good 15mins but its all good now. hahah
    In fact the shear power of that titmav is giving me the inspiration to pick up an airgun and mod it
    BUMB's are 21 dollars at target tomorrow hohoh. ill look up rogers guide

I wont be at the endurance, and im going to sydney during the easter break (hopefully i can find a titan in sydney, want to mod it like chaos's). but when im back ill round up a few of my mates for a war

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 am