Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
littlebro05
JayDesu
jacko1120
Servulus
Chaos-Blades
matt.chopper
bulletproofvest
FaytZero
12 posters

Airsoft in SA

FaytZero
    FaytZero

Airsoft in SA Empty Airsoft in SA

Post  FaytZero Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:14 am

Hey all you may or may not know that Airsoft "technically" is legal in sa, and we now have a shop selling them. Yes they are slightly under powered but still have enough power to have some fun.

As such I have created the first SA Airsoft Club (site can be found at AirsoftASA.webs.com)
    and invite all Australian Nerfers to become apart of this. If we get a big enough following can can show that we can safely own and use Airsoft as a sport we will have a backbone to push to allow more powerful Airsoft and hopefully get other states to follow suit.

Anyway Check out the site and let me know what you think. Its not completely finished (Apologies) but I am updating it every day or two until it is.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Airsoft in SA Empty Re: Airsoft in SA

Post  bulletproofvest Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 am

Sick will do
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 am

Do you think you could ship one down to Melbourne for me?
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:08 am

I've joined mate, nice little beginnings of a website. Are you going to work in a section that explains where you can purchase the airsoft guns from?

matt.chopper wrote:Do you think you could ship one down to Melbourne for me?
    Unfortunately, no. The laws differ from each state and South Australia has changed the laws regarding airsoft.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:11 am

I have just joined here too... Machines need machines!
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:26 am

Hopefully Victoria jumps on the band waggon. Which I highly doubt.
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:28 am

How did you find out about the law change?
    Im in QLD and would like to know if they are available in our stores or if we are able to get them from Adelaide and take the back home.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:38 am

jacko1120 wrote:...if we are able to get them from Adelaide and take the back home.

I think the only way to attain them is to have someone you know drive into SA and drive it out. Parcels get checked don't they?

Aladdin 1992 Disney Film wrote:Trouble? No way! Youre only in trouble if you get caught.

Which you probably will (like he did) if you intend to play with it unless you want to keep it in a box, stored away, then you think "whats the point?"
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:53 am

Unfortunatly until the laws are changed, I persoanlly will not be shipping any airsoft outside of SA and also discourge this as it may damage what little rep the sport has. However I do encourge People from all states to join up as you never know what might happen in the future. Also the bigger the group the harder it is for the government to ignore us.

BASICLY dont try to get them in any other state as it might result in a permanate BAN in all states, and ruin any chance we have to get them in Australia

I found out about this when I was wondering around the Markets and saw the shop selling them, since then the owner has been nice enough to keep me informed of any changes regarding Airsoft.

Also if you know anyone that might be interested please tell them the site so we can get as much support as possible.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 am

I think the best you can really do for pushing airsoft is having 'airsoft playing fields'. You won't be able to push it for more power because obviously it's already has bad reputation. If you bring it to public, they will be able to be like 'gg public disturbance'. Even if it is 'technically legal'. Let me remind you that the term "BB" is way more 'violent sounding' than foam blasters. Then again, the popo's might be more lenient down in SA than QLD.

You know you can also purchase those black cap guns. Put BB's down it and turn it into a semi-automatic 8 shot airsoft gun. They shoot hard enough to break skin at point blank. This was back in the day when I use to be interested in BB cap guns. They were great fun. Not very accurate. I found out the black ones you can are really inconsistent because you need to find one with a 'hard spring' since the harder the hammer hit the cap, the harder the bb shot. Hmm.. I might get back into it at some point lol.

The ASA group has been at it for almost 15years now. They've always said 'yay there will be change'. However, the results never was shown.

If you really want airsoft, just build your own. It's not that hard lol.

There have been cheap springers that have been sold in some markets around Brisbane. I remember having one. It only shot 30-35 feet but I sure had a great time with my mates.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:17 am

littlebro05 wrote:I think the best you can really do for pushing airsoft is having 'airsoft playing fields'. You won't be able to push it for more power because obviously it's already has bad reputation. If you bring it to public, they will be able to be like 'gg public disturbance'. Even if it is 'technically legal'. Let me remind you that the term "BB" is way more 'violent sounding' than foam blasters. Then again, the popo's might be more lenient down in SA than QLD.

You know you can also purchase those black cap guns. Put BB's down it and turn it into a semi-automatic 8 shot airsoft gun. They shoot hard enough to break skin at point blank. This was back in the day when I use to be interested in BB cap guns. They were great fun. Not very accurate. I found out the black ones you can are really inconsistent because you need to find one with a 'hard spring' since the harder the hammer hit the cap, the harder the bb shot. Hmm.. I might get back into it at some point lol.

The ASA group has been at it for almost 15years now. They've always said 'yay there will be change'. However, the results never was shown.

If you really want airsoft, just build your own. It's not that hard lol.

There have been cheap springers that have been sold in some markets around Brisbane. I remember having one. It only shot 30-35 feet but I sure had a great time with my mates.
    The difference between us and the ASA is that they have no basis to prove that Airsoft can be safe and properly managed to prevent incidents. Being allowed to have Airsoft is sa Below 180fps is the perfect starting point as we can create a sporting club as i have, host events under proper controls and someday, maybe even a few years from now (I know its a while) we will have enough proof that this can be done.

It's by no means an overnight solution but a small step in the right direction. As for making your own Airsoft, that's highly ileagal and would also do damage to the rep of the sport.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:20 am

I can see that video making it's way to a sensationalist media/current affairs show if any "concerned" (more like unenlightened) parent finds it on youtube. And you certainly shouldn't label it as being "airsoft".
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:I can see that video making it's way to a sensationalist media/current affairs show if any "concerned" (more like unenlightened) parent finds it on youtube. And you certainly shouldn't label it as being "airsoft".

Thats excatly what started the whole "NERF IS THE DEVILS WORK" crap in america, one or two people doing the wrong thing and the news doesnt even notice that 99% do the right thing. And no that is not Airsoft, not even close. If you want to use thoose dodgey lables Nerf is airsoft if you load BB's and so would paintball if you load BB's.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:43 am

Mind you that video was like 2 and a half years ago. Nerf is pretty bad enough with all the 'modification scares'. Airsoft is pretty much - instant death lol.
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 am

Heh, its a shame they have such a bad name due to a few isolated incidents. The Airsoft here which is just below 180fps hits about the same as 4B and has about the same range, Still hurts when it hits.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am

So how far does your pistol shoot?
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 am

havent got exacts but the pellets fly straight for ages and lose all speed and distance at the last 5-10%. So as a guesstimat I would say 60-70ft. (EDIT) Maybe 40-50 now im thinking about it.

Last edited by FaytZero on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unsure on range)
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 am

Ok, to help witht he overwhelming amount of "Content" that I am trying to publish on thie site I'm looking for 1 possibly 2 people to help maintain and moderate the site. If you interested just Pm me, you must be level headed and have a passion for Airsoft.

There isnt alot activity on the forum as of yet so most of the requirements will be adding and updating content.

You will also receive Committee Member Status and be invited to contribute in out Meetings regarding events, general info and anything regarding AASA and Airsoft.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm

I already had an airsoft gun for ages=D
    JWatt7
    JWatt7

Post  JWatt7 Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Fingers crossed Melbourne will follow - highly doubt it but Im joining anyway- so I can have knowledge just incase Melbourne follows Only bummer is airsof prices :/
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post  Johnny Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 am

They sellem at sellbb.com as well but nice. I recommend you get a real web host though mate
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 am

Johnny wrote:They sellem at sellbb.com as well but nice. I recommend you get a real web host though mate
    As this is your first post I just want to ask that you add an avatar, age and location(which state you live in) to your profile.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post  Johnny Mon May 02, 2011 3:46 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    Johnny wrote:They sellem at sellbb.com as well but nice. I recommend you get a real web host though mate
    As this is your first post I just want to ask that you add an avatar, age and location(which state you live in) to your profile.
    Sweet will do

MOD-EDIT: Thanks - Chaos
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 am

This is just a temp site while im making a proper one myself. As Airsoft is only just taking hold in SA its hard to find support and too much negativity around saying it cant be dont. When clearly it is being done, it may be a slow pace but where getting there.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 am

The other thing is - why can't you live with what you have? Just go the states or a country that doesn't ban Airsoft Guns.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 am

littlebro05 wrote:The other thing is - why can't you live with what you have? Just go the states or a country that doesn't ban Airsoft Guns.

Agreed - with paintball, nerf, laster-tag. There's heaps of other options.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 02, 2011 7:49 am

clunk07 wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:The other thing is - why can't you live with what you have? Just go the states or a country that doesn't ban Airsoft Guns.

It's because it's legal here in SA that we want to make a push for it to be a proper sport like in other countries. Nerf, paintball and Laser-tag are all good but we want the ultimate option. I'd be happy if it was two-tone like the UK, 51% of the gun has to be a primary colour. 300 fps is plenty too. that's my minimum goal for this.

For people with half-shark brains;
    We smell the blood in the water with it being "softly" legal and we want the whole airsoft-fish!!!

@Li'lBro & Clunk - don't tell me you wouldn't do it if it was legal EDIT: waiting for someone to sig that lol
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post  Johnny Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 am

First,

Has anybody actually purchased one of them from brickworks?

If so can you please take pics/internals etc. It would be silly not to get creative and at least investigate the potential of restoring the original spring etc. Not for sport but for your own back yard target shooting. I'm curious as to if they've put anything in place to stop people from restoring the internals to the original.

Secondly,

If you need help with web hosting I am familiar with some cheap methods of hosting. You'd be looking at around $4.00 per month and have cpanel access as well.

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:

It's because it's legal here in SA that we want to make a push for it to be a proper sport like in other countries. Nerf, paintball and Laser-tag are all good but we want the ultimate option. I'd be happy if it was two-tone like the UK, 51% of the gun has to be a primary colour. 300 fps is plenty too. that's my minimum goal for this.

For people with half-shark brains;
    We smell the blood in the water with it being "softly" legal and we want the whole airsoft-fish!!!

@Li'lBro & Clunk - don't tell me you wouldn't do it if it was legal EDIT: waiting for someone to sig that lol

Yeh, nice - that'll be sigged pretty darn quick!!

I'm honestly not interested in airsoft myself, but I think it's great that you guys are trying to make the final push to have it legalised 100%. I used to be full-on in to paintball, and due to personal complications, am unable to own a marker. My point is, I've resorted to whatever is available to get my "fix".
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 02, 2011 8:14 am

Johnny wrote:First,

If so can you please take pics/internals etc. It would be silly not to get creative and at least investigate the potential of restoring the original spring etc. Not for sport but for your own back yard target shooting. I'm curious as to if they've put anything in place to stop people from restoring the internals to the original.
    Yeah, Fayt's got a desert eagle. It's nice, I used it in Winterstrike's backyard and it shoots pretty well FYI Winterstrike's lemons all have 6mm plastic bb's in them.

As for internals, good luck, it's illegal to take them apart and replace anything.
    For shooting in your back yard, they do well just how they are.

clunk07 wrote:I used to be full-on in to paintball, and due to personal complications, am unable to own a marker.
    OK, so that means you probably won't be allowed to own airsoft either, IF it were fully legal. That's why you nerf.

Just so people know, "modified" nerf is borderline illegal as it is, if your gun shoots more than 100ft, it's likely to be illegal.

Last edited by Chaos-Blades on Mon May 02, 2011 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 am

Chaos-Blades wrote:

Yeah, Fayt's got a desert eagle. It's nice, I used it in Winterstrike's backyard and it shoots pretty well FYI Winterstrike's lemons all have 6mm plastic bb's in them.

As for internals, good luck, it's illegal to take them apart and replace anything.

Well said, They are nice and firm not cheep crappy plastic. And for back yard target shooting there fine, but if Airsoft skirmishes are ever an option they would only really be a secondary as designed. you would need higher fps to play properly.

As for moving to another country, I think thats crazy, Australia is one of only 4 countries in the world that airsoft is banned. Where one of the best most relaxed countries and yet they limit and restrict the most stupidest of things.

The general populus would have no problem with the government legalising airsoft as long as it was controlled properly. It would be no different then having another paintball field.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post  Johnny Mon May 02, 2011 9:45 am

FaytZero wrote:
    Chaos-Blades wrote:

Well said, They are nice and firm not cheep crappy plastic. And for back yard target shooting there fine, but if Airsoft skirmishes are ever an option they would only really be a secondary as designed. you would need higher fps to play properly.

As for moving to another country, I think thats crazy, Australia is one of only 4 countries in the world that airsoft is banned. Where one of the best most relaxed countries and yet they limit and restrict the most stupidest of things.

We're a nanny country who follow, our government never leads. Usually it will try to mimic the Canadian legislation as closely as they can without their head getting shoved up Canada's asshole.

As for it being illegal to take apart and examine: When you purchase it, it's your property. No police are going to show up at your house for having a look inside. I guess if you have a moral high ground and don't wish to ever break the law, then I understand. I was just curious as to if they have implemented any "physical" blocks not just legal ones

I would buy one from there myself except I already have access to real airsoft without restrictions for a quarter of the price.

p.s. are there any pics of this particular desert eagle? Maybe the brand name/picture of the box it came in?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon May 02, 2011 9:57 am

To be honest. Yeah I would purchase Airsoft. Mind you, I've always wanted an Airsoft Gun until I realise this WHOLE ASA bullshit wasn't going to happen. Over 10 years of waiting eagarly, I realised just live with what you got. The more they pushed, the more bullshit they spout. It wasn't going to happened. This was QLD based pushing too.

So like I said, live with what you got. It's like you're making it sound it's going to be the end of the world if this doesn't happen. Also, there might be that possibility that what you're doing may ban the already Airsoft Laws placed in SA. Although, there's no point pushing the legislation if there weren't any risks :). Good luck.

Also fact of life, in Australia, anything related to gun violence is negative. It's just the public outlook on everything. Unfortunately, I don't trust Australians with Airsoft Guns. There are too many idiots out here.

There was a incident that happened in Melbourne where these 'kidults' started shooting random strangers from their apartment building with Airsoft Guns.

Also, here's a good news report based in NZ about Airsoft -

You guys have probably already seen it. I thought it was very convincing - however, Aus is a democracy. Unfortunately, you can't keep everyone happy.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 02, 2011 10:06 am

Johnny wrote:As for it being illegal to take apart and examine: When you purchase it, it's your property. No police are going to show up at your house for having a look inside. I guess if you have a moral high ground and don't wish to ever break the law, then I understand. I was just curious as to if they have implemented any "physical" blocks not just legal ones
    There's no-one saying that you "can't" open one it's just illegal to.

If someone was caught and arrested with a "legally purchased" airsoft gun that was modified to be illegal, There's a good chance that all local airsoft vendors could be shut down and airsoft made fully illegal.

EDIT: thanks for the vid. I had to laugh though, if you watch it again and substitute the word "airsoft" for "nerf" and the words "plastic bb's" for "homemade nerf darts", you get a NZ news report on modified nerf.
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Air soft while it looks like fun and some thing I might be involved in if it were here, is haunted by the fact the guns are styled and mimic actual firearms. It's important to remember whats fun about Nerf is shooting other people. You can do this because they're toys and relatively safe, all things considered.
    All things said and done I don't want my kids playing with replica guns and airsoft is more designed for the sepo gun culture.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am