Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+20
Akimbo Assassin
Viewpoint
littlebro05
BlitzkriegNerfTeam
White Tiger
SydneyNerfer
bbqbeefburgerman
Genacon
Twist
clunk07
lolnerf
Bacara
yeahryan
-mirsho
longstrikeguy
dandaldaks
Xoenz
Echoes
Synergie
24 posters

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May

Synergie
    Synergie

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 4 Empty Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May

Post  Synergie Fri May 20, 2011 9:27 am

SydneyNerfer wrote:Just a small (and late, sorry!) update:

My guest is most likely a no-show for this war. I'm beginning to think he has lost interest in Nerf. I hope this doesn't upset your 6 v 6 plans. BUT- I may be able to convince him tomorrow for him to come.

It would bring our numbers down by one, but that's fine, that said, try and convince him, the more, the merrier.

In other news, the Blitzkreig Nerf team has now upped their head-count to 5, this will make 14 attendees (if SydneyNerfer's mate comes), making for 7v7! As always, on the lookout for MORE attendees!
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 4 Empty Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May

Post  SydneyNerfer Fri May 20, 2011 9:31 am

Can conform he is NOT coming. He only said today that he had his sister's 18th on Sunday. But, none the less, good to see 5 from the Wollongong team!
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Fri May 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Just a tip guys. I thought because our HvZ games take so long, how about you split it up. 7 zombies vs 7 humans. You can then do 2 games that will take up less time than 1 normal game, and make it harder for the humans.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Fri May 20, 2011 3:12 pm

longstrikeguy wrote:Just a tip guys. I thought because our HvZ games take so long, how about you split it up. 7 zombies vs 7 humans. You can then do 2 games that will take up less time than 1 normal game, and make it harder for the humans.

HvZ is not my priority this weekend as it's an established game, HvZ also requires a different battlefield to what I have, it's something I'll organise in the future with more attendees in a different area of the park.

EDIT: Well it's the night before the big day and I would just like to reiterate, it start's at 11:30am, no realisitic-looking or plugged weapons and eye protection is mandatory. You'll be able to spot me beside the White Toyota Corolla wearing tactical gear and Woodland camo BDU pants. I dont really want to post this but I'll put it up for now and remove it tomorrow afternoon, for directions and/or help, call me on 0433336362.
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Sun May 22, 2011 10:19 am

Great war today, especially with the Wollongong guys coming up! And thanks for hosting Rhys (Sorry if I Spelt that wrong)! Did you find your 6 dart clip?
    Vavoom
    Vavoom

Post  Vavoom Sun May 22, 2011 10:30 am

Damn I'm jealous guys. Any photos or interesting war stories?
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun May 22, 2011 10:58 am

Yes, very good game and good turn out today. First of all have to thank Reece for putting in great effort organizing this war. Mate, don't worry if the mods or admins here unwilling to grant you the "war organizer" title, it's just a blank title. We all know you did a great job today, good on you. Also good to see the Wollongong team made the effort to come up here, good game guys. I also need to add that a few of us still need to work on our fitness level, got puffy after just a few short dashes (including me XD). To BlitzkriegHQ, happy modding your new Longshot. To everyone else, happy Nerfing.
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Sun May 22, 2011 12:52 pm

It was a great day!!! Thanks again to Reece for organizing it and stuff. If any of you guys were there, if you could inbox your name and i can add you on facebook, that'd be sweet.

@ Akimbo Assassin: I'm gonna set up my own pay pal account on Tuesday, is it cool if i pay you then?
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 pm

BlitzkriegNerfTeam wrote:@ Akimbo Assassin: I'm gonna set up my own pay pal account on Tuesday, is it cool if i pay you then?

Yeah, that's cool. Just as long as you pay me LOL.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks for coming guys, pics and vids should be on the way. My interesting war story is my Stampede's Gearbox destroyed itself, one of the gears has had all of its teeth torn off, it won't see the light of day again. Question is, should I buy another one?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun May 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Yeh, I'd buy another one. You can get them for $50 on sale, maybe even less. Plus, you've got the spring and batt's, so it's probably worth it. Seeing as you've got all the accessories, maybe you could pick up a second-hand blaster only. I got one off here a while ago for a decent price...
    fpsscarecrow
    fpsscarecrow

Post  fpsscarecrow Sun May 22, 2011 4:22 pm

The few pictures and videos I took are up.
    ~220mb, straight rip, do with as you please. I missed a few epic moments due to poor positioning, but hopefully the headcam has plenty of great footage, so I'll be keeping a look out on youtube.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VC22LTEI
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun May 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Yeah it was a good war. Let's hope we get plenty more down in the future

I'm still devo'd about my longshot. Anyone want to fix it for me? Failed again.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun May 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Echoes wrote:Yeah it was a good war. Let's hope we get plenty more down in the future

I'm still devo'd about my longshot. Anyone want to fix it for me? Failed again.

What's happened to it mate?
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun May 22, 2011 6:03 pm

I was getting about 10 feet out of it at the war during combat. While test firing about an hour beforehand, I was getting shots that were going from one side of my house to the other without drop, flat angle. Safe to say I'm puzzled. I think I'm going to put a small section of 17/32 into the barrel, right at the receiver, just to hold the darts in place and create a better fit. That's gotta help... right? -.-
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

I had a similar thing happen with my first LS. Do your have padding on your plunger head? The padding came off of, and partially blocked the air off - maybe something similar has happened to yours...

I don't even use tightening rings in mine, and still get decent ranges. As long as the dart feeds in to the 17/32, it shouldn't hurt, Technically, it should improve the range quite well.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sun May 22, 2011 7:13 pm

I've put 17/32 sleaves in the breech of both a LS and Recon. It does make quite a noticeable difference
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Mon May 23, 2011 3:18 am

Yeah I've sanded down the inside of the 17/32 section. I think I might make it a bit thinner. Just need to figure out a technique to stop the epoxy from getting too far into the barrel and screwing everything up.

I did some testfires this morning and it fired perfectly.

Hopefully I can fix this and make it available for the next war -.-
    SpectreTaZ

Post  SpectreTaZ Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 am

Dan here

Yeah was a really good day and first war for me, Thx Reece and thx to everyone who was there, was an awesome day

Akimbo Assassin wrote: I also need to add that a few of us still need to work on our fitness level, got puffy after just a few short dashes (including me XD)

Yeah i got really puffed out quick, didn't realized i was THAT out of shape.
    and all those knife rushes i did took alot out of me lolol
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 am

There's a new Sydney war thread up for those who haven't seen it yet. Seeing as you all loved the area so much, Reece (and I) are taking us back to Heritage for another go in those mulchy trenches.

Check it out HERE.
    fpsscarecrow
    fpsscarecrow

Post  fpsscarecrow Mon May 23, 2011 2:22 pm

SpectreTaZ wrote:
    Yeah i got really puffed out quick, didn't realized i was THAT out of shape.
    and all those knife rushes i did took alot out of me lolol

Same over here. And running back up the massive hill after getting shot every time.......So much effort.
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Hey guys!!! I got a video up!!! Please comment and subscribe if you liked it. Part 2 is comin soon.

Jeremy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-sTzZj3-ms
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed May 25, 2011 3:49 pm

YEAHHHHH YOU GOT ONE OF MY SWORD KILLS!
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Wed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Indeed I did
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Wed May 25, 2011 4:05 pm

So buying a proper N-force sword for the next one

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm