Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+20
Akimbo Assassin
Viewpoint
littlebro05
BlitzkriegNerfTeam
White Tiger
SydneyNerfer
bbqbeefburgerman
Genacon
Twist
clunk07
lolnerf
Bacara
yeahryan
-mirsho
longstrikeguy
dandaldaks
Xoenz
Echoes
Synergie
24 posters

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May

SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 Empty Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May

Post  SydneyNerfer Thu May 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Can FINALLY conform I can come, possibly with a friend. Hope to see a big turn out from that "maybes" list.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 Empty Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May

Post  Synergie Thu May 12, 2011 4:36 pm

SydneyNerfer wrote:Can FINALLY conform I can come, possibly with a friend. Hope to see a big turn out from that "maybes" list.
    Great to see another confirmed attendee. Just over a week to go!

Edited Original Post to reflect this, also included Directions and Street-View Image.

Directions: Navigate yourself to Forest Road, Gannons Park is in a sidestreet called Boatwright Avenue, there are other entrances to Gannons Park but they will leave you VERY far away, get yourself to HERE and you're bound to see me and my car. I suggest you get the location of this Street View image in Google Maps and use that to get directions to the war location.

Food & Storage of Gear: My car is your foot locker, as long as you dont leave it dirty and/or broken, you're welcome to leave any of your gear (including valubles) in it, I'll lock it while we play games, but honestly, NO ONE goes where we are and we're playing quite close to where the car is parked (NOT MUCH WALKING!). In addition, I'll have a big esky packed with ice to put any drinks or food you might have, speaking of food, there are takeaway joints a short car trip away, as well as getting Pizza Hut delivered to my house which is a 1minute drive just up the road, I can run up there in the car and bring it down.
    White Tiger
    White Tiger

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 Empty Plugged Guns

Post  White Tiger Fri May 13, 2011 1:30 pm

What do yo umean by no plugged weapons?

Post  238232 Fri May 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Any air powered blasters can't have the overpressure valve plugged.
    White Tiger
    White Tiger

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 Empty Plugged Weapons

Post  White Tiger Sat May 14, 2011 12:36 am

Ahhhh, thanks.
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 Empty Good day lads!!

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Sat May 14, 2011 12:58 pm

On the behalf of Blitzkrieg Wollongong nerf team, I'd like to say I'm currently talking to the team about attending this. If I gain 100% attendance, this would add 11 to the list. I'm just informing you about this so you can put us on the maybe list. I'll have a confirmation soon. Also, this may be during our exam period too, considering we're all in year 11. If so, we'll sort something out.

We're also thinking about starting another war in Wollongong, but letting other people (preferably from OzNerf) join in. Give us a yell if your interested.

Yours sincerely, Jeremy

- Blitzkrieg Wollongong Nerf Team -
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat May 14, 2011 1:06 pm

BlitzkriegNerfTeam wrote:On the behalf of Blitzkrieg Wollongong nerf team, I'd like to say I'm currently talking to the team about attending this. If I gain 100% attendance, this would add 11 to the list. I'm just informing you about this so you can put us on the maybe list. I'll have a confirmation soon. Also, this may be during our exam period too, considering we're all in year 11. If so, we'll sort something out.

We're also thinking about starting another war in Wollongong, but letting other people (preferably from OzNerf) join in. Give us a yell if your interested.

Yours sincerely, Jeremy

You sir sound interesting! What type of team are you? Do you prefer using stock or modified blasters?
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sat May 14, 2011 1:23 pm

BlitzkriegNerfTeam wrote:On the behalf of Blitzkrieg Wollongong nerf team, I'd like to say I'm currently talking to the team about attending this. If I gain 100% attendance, this would add 11 to the list. I'm just informing you about this so you can put us on the maybe list. I'll have a confirmation soon. Also, this may be during our exam period too, considering we're all in year 11. If so, we'll sort something out.

Yours sincerely, Jeremy

JESUS! I'm flattered you're considering to attend, if there's anything I can do to better accommodate you guys (such as pickup trips from the nearby train station) etc. I'm more than happy to help as I very much would like you all to come, regardless of whether you will attend this event, I will hold another event in the overlap of the Uni/School Holidays which should cater for everyone.

I too, wish to reiterate the above post of littlebro.
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 Empty Thankyou!!

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Sat May 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Thankyou for the warm welcome lads!!! We are currently an 11 man team that use a range of guns, anywhere from Raiders to assault Magstrikes to machine gun Stampedes We work together as a team, but also like to shoot each other for the kick of it. As i already said, we're Wollongong based but are always up for any challenge or recreational wars! We're more than game enough to take an early train to Sydney and tackle the 45 minute walk

Feel free to ask particular questions about the team!!
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Sat May 14, 2011 2:23 pm

BlitzkriegNerfTeam wrote:Thankyou for the warm welcome lads!!! We are currently an 11 man team that use a range of guns, anywhere from Raiders to assault Magstrikes to machine gun Stampedes We work together as a team, but also like to shoot each other for the kick of it. As i already said, we're Wollongong based but are always up for any challenge or recreational wars! We're more than game enough to take an early train to Sydney and tackle the 45 minute walk

Feel free to ask particular questions about the team!!
    I forgot to mention we all use modified blasters >:D
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 pm

As I said earlier, I am happy to come pick you up in groups (have a Toyota Corolla so it may be 2 or 3 trips), but it's about a 10minute round trip, so it's not an issue. Just a word of advice, Admins here are fairly strict, which includes unnecessary double posts (just a friendly reminder before they step in).
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Sat May 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for that. I'll be sure not to do it again. And I might take up your offer on those lifts if thats alright. Not all of us, maybe just 2 trips worth and the arsenal.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat May 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Put a trailer on the back. And hide them with a tarp. Win!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat May 14, 2011 3:00 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Put a trailer on the back. And hide them with a tarp. Win!

Speaking from experience 'bro?
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Put a trailer on the back. And hide them with a tarp. Win!

Heh, if I had a trailer AND towbar, I would.

@Blitz, I have nicknamed the Corolla the "LANmobile" because I also have my other hobby: PC gaming and go to regular LAN parties and usually take a couple of friends and all their gear, so rest assured, there's plenty of room for your Nerf gear in the car, it's gonna be a trek hauling that stuff on the train!
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam Sat May 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Hehehe, nothing can stop us from getting to a well organised Nerf war. We don't care if we have to fight our way through 9 million midgets!!!
    Viewpoint
    Viewpoint

Post  Viewpoint Sun May 15, 2011 7:57 am

Synergie wrote:When: Sunday, 22nd of May, 11:30am to 4pm.

Would've been there with 4 of my mates and our new Nerf arsenal if I didn't have a paintball birthday party to go to. (you might be able to pick up some more players by appealing to paintball enthusiasts)

Have you got any ideas of when the next Sydney Nerf War will be on? I'm champing at the bit to get out and there and fire some foam darts.

Also, what mod allowance are there for the Nerf Wars you're running? i.e. Do we have to run stock blasters or can we make some internal modifications to them?
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Sun May 15, 2011 8:08 am

Viewpoint,

For this war, it's only plugged air blasters that aren't allowed for obvious reasons, but that's the only rule you will pretty much ever get.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Sun May 15, 2011 9:47 am

Viewpoint wrote:
    Synergie wrote:When: Sunday, 22nd of May, 11:30am to 4pm.

Would've been there with 4 of my mates and our new Nerf arsenal if I didn't have a paintball birthday party to go to. (you might be able to pick up some more players by appealing to paintball enthusiasts)

Have you got any ideas of when the next Sydney Nerf War will be on? I'm champing at the bit to get out and there and fire some foam darts.

Also, what mod allowance are there for the Nerf Wars you're running? i.e. Do we have to run stock blasters or can we make some internal modifications to them?

I go to paintball as much as I can (funds permitting haha), you're right to recommend appealing to Paintball enthusiasts, that said I dont know many other than my friends who I have already mentioned Nerf to. As soon as this war is over, I'll put up a new event thread, because you asked, I'll give you a sneak peak to the date, most players either study at Uni or go to school, this year Autumn Exams and the next NSW School Holidays end about the same time, for those older folk who work, I will put it on a weekend, most likely being 2nd/3rd of July. For those on holidays, I will put ANOTHER event or two on before the kiddies go back to school, one during the week, another on the weekend (I dont go back to uni until 1st of August :D). So to summarise, July will see at least two, if not three events, pending my first war next week, all will be held at the Heritage Park.

Mods wise, I'm fairly lenient, only prohibiting Plugged weapons (See OP), I am restricting realistic-looking weapons and gear. NB: I am defining Restricting as Customs do, in simple terms your weapons and gear will be assessed on a case by case basis, while I define Prohibiting as Customs do again, quite simply, banned altogether.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun May 15, 2011 9:52 am

Synergie wrote:Mods wise, I'm fairly lenient, only prohibiting Plugged weapons (See OP), I am restricting realistic-looking weapons and gear. NB: I am defining Restricting as Customs do, in simple terms your weapons and gear will be assessed on a case by case basis, while I define Prohibiting as Customs do again, quite simply, banned altogether.

Plugged air blasters can be behemoths. I approve of the motion to ban them completely to avoid confusion.

As a clarification for the customs banning thing... Don't bring any blasters that look too realistic. If those realistic looking blasters are the only ones you have, might wanna get some orange electrical tape and wrap it around the barrel or something. Don't want a police squad coming down and tasering us all...
    Viewpoint
    Viewpoint

Post  Viewpoint Sun May 15, 2011 11:58 am

Synergie wrote:most players either study at Uni or go to school

I'll be bringing along a few 30-something fogies so you'll have to be gentle with us.

I live near UNSW and Sydney Uni and was also wondering if anyone organises mini-Nerf Wars at/nearby these unis?

Synergie wrote:So to summarise, July will see at least two, if not three events, pending my first war next week, all will be held at the Heritage Park.

July is a good timeframe as it'll give us some time to buy good eye wear and perhaps make a few mods.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sun May 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Echoes wrote:Don't want a police squad coming down and tasering us all...

But I do

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Sunday 22nd of May - Page 3 14189310

Bzzz AHHH! bzzz AHH!

Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun May 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Viewpoint wrote:I live near UNSW and Sydney Uni and was also wondering if anyone organises mini-Nerf Wars at/nearby these unis?

Yeah I actually go to UNSW. My society is starting to run Nerf Wars. Our second one will be when the upcoming exam period ends. Fire me a PM if you're interested so that this thread stays more or less on topic.
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy Sun May 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Im really sorry Synergy, but I cant come. I am going to see the swans play and I need to do study for the exams. I will definitaly come to the next few. I may also organise a couple in the Holidays.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun May 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Just a quick note about plugged air blaster's, more of a tip really...

Any air blaster with pump replacement utilising a non-nerf pump should be considered as "plugged" as well. My Titan used to take 17 pumps to fill the air chamber, and it was plugged. With the addition of a ball/bike pump, it now takes 4 pumps, and has a slight increase in range.

Cheers,
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Mon May 16, 2011 12:47 am

The list just dropped 10 people, who else dropped out besides longstrikeguy?
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Mon May 16, 2011 2:38 am

SydneyNerfer wrote:The list just dropped 10 people, who else dropped out besides longstrikeguy?

I sent a PM to all Maybe attendees and it hasn't dropped by 10, so far -mirsho and Bacara have registered Non-attendance. So unless you imply 10 in Binary, only 2 have dropped out.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon May 16, 2011 6:09 am

I maybe able to attend this Sunday. Will only know for sure on Saturday.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Mon May 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:I maybe able to attend this Sunday. Will only know for sure on Saturday.

Great to know.

Everyone else: TRACKWORK, TRACKWORK, TRACKWORK!. Watch out for this (especially Blitzkreig guys).

EDIT: Have now made the magic 7 confirmed attendees. THIS WAR IS A GO!
    fpsscarecrow
    fpsscarecrow

Post  fpsscarecrow Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Hey guys, just registered to say that I am attending this event (I am Andrew on the RSVP list).

This will actually be my first war, so I'm keen as anything.

Coincidently, also first post.

Last edited by fpsscarecrow on Tue May 17, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Vavoom
    Vavoom

Post  Vavoom Tue May 17, 2011 4:05 pm

I really wish I could come but I have to spend the day with the gf for our anniversary. I really hope the next one isn't too far away cause I'm dying to try my guns in a war!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Vavoom wrote:I really wish I could come but I have to spend the day with the gf for our anniversary. I really hope the next one isn't too far away cause I'm dying to try my guns in a war!

Bring her along - what's more romantic than spending your anniversay shooting the crap out of each other!!
    yeahryan
    yeahryan

Post  yeahryan Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 am

fpsscarecrow wrote:Hey guys, just registered to say that I am attending this event (I am Andrew on the RSVP list).

It will be me and my friends first war too. glad we arent the only new guys.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Wed May 18, 2011 3:33 pm

yeahryan wrote:
    fpsscarecrow wrote:Hey guys, just registered to say that I am attending this event (I am Andrew on the RSVP list).

It will be me and my friends first war too. glad we arent the only new guys.

Two or three of my friends are also popping their cherries in Nerf, so don't worry. A bit more organisation; I am deciding on game modes etc, I want to try the following before the day is done because this first war is going to be my "Beta Test", hopefully I will learn alot and be able to put those lessons into practice for future wars.

• Team Deathmatch (Obviously)
    • Capture the Flag
    • Free for All
    • Pistols-only Variants
    • VIP Escort
    • Search & Destory aka Counter-Strike's "Defuse" maps aka Plant the bomb.
    • If we have time, HvZ, we know this game mode works and because this war is sort of a "test", we'll leave this till last if we have time.

Games will be 10minutes in length. In the case of TDM and FFA games, teams will have 5 minutes of respawns, at the 5minute mark I will call out (or use a whistle if I can find one), sudden death has begun, at this point if you are hit, you are OUT. Depending on how boring the game becomes, after another 5 or 10minutes, and both sides have alive players, the team with the most number of players win the game.
    SydneyNerfer
    SydneyNerfer

Post  SydneyNerfer Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Just a small (and late, sorry!) update:

My guest is most likely a no-show for this war. I'm beginning to think he has lost interest in Nerf. I hope this doesn't upset your 6 v 6 plans. BUT- I may be able to convince him tomorrow for him to come.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm