Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
redcricket077
clunk07
spacephrawg
7 posters

Hello from a newly minted nerf addict

spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Hello from a newly minted nerf addict Empty Hello from a newly minted nerf addict

Post  spacephrawg Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 pm

I just got my girlfriend a recon (her choice) and an alpha trooper for me. Tried to mo the AT and ran into trouble. I'll save that for another part of this site. Anyhow great to be here! Hello everyone! Please forgive my noobish tendancies
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Hello from a newly minted nerf addict Empty Re: Hello from a newly minted nerf addict

Post  clunk07 Fri May 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Hey,

Welcome to OzNerf.

AT's can be a pain to mod sometimes, use the search function, and you might find the answer to your problem.

Cheers,
    spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Hello from a newly minted nerf addict Empty Re: Hello from a newly minted nerf addict

Post  spacephrawg Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 pm

thanks! glad to be here. I will use the search function. However my problem is stupidly specific and is one of those things that only seems to happen to me. I have started a thread about it here; my silly AT question

I am a sculptor by trade but there are two kinds of sculptors - builders and carvers. I'm a carver. Building things confuses the hell out of me most of the time unless the instructions are foolproof and the guidance I get is ultra-specific. Well it seems that all of the existing tutorials on the internet aren't specific enough.

Again, thanks for having me aboard. I look forward to learning from this community and eventually adding to it!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 pm

We can't all be good at everything - I'm half-handy with mechanical, but cosmetics are where I lack quite a bit.

I've just started an internals directory here:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3124-internals-directory#53184

I've uploaded internal pics of the AT - it might help you discover what has gone wrong. Alot of the time, issues with mods are just simply from everything not being re-installed correctly.

Cheers,
    spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Post  spacephrawg Sat May 21, 2011 12:57 am

clunk07 wrote:We can't all be good at everything - I'm half-handy with mechanical, but cosmetics are where I lack quite a bit.

I've just started an internals directory here:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3124-internals-directory#53184

I've uploaded internal pics of the AT - it might help you discover what has gone wrong. Alot of the time, issues with mods are just simply from everything not being re-installed correctly.

Cheers,

Thank you sir. In your middle pic of the AT, the taller magazine catch - the one that keeps the catch that touches the magazine itself from releasing when the gun is coked, well, its still in there. Every tutorial I've ever seen tells you to remove that thing. So I did that and now the mag won't stay in for love or money. It is possible that the spring that holds the catch that actually holds the mag in might not be in correctly and i will look at that, but the problem is almost a dealbreaker for this thing. If I am unable to fix this thing even with this board's input, I'm going to reassemble it and return it saying it was broken. Or get a new one and donate the old one to science.

If you ever want input on cosmetics, I can help you. thank you for your input!
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat May 21, 2011 12:57 am

Welcome to Oznerf!Have fun
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat May 21, 2011 1:09 am

Aye you! you from Brisbane?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat May 21, 2011 1:52 am

Here there!

Good to have you here
    spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Post  spacephrawg Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 am

I am actually from Massachusetts, USA. I had difficulty joining the other nerf forums out there and I really liked the vectorized picture of the nerf Maverick at the top of the main page too.

My main non-nerf project right now is a prop ray gun to compete with Weta's famous line. Its literally in the drawing board stages right now. When I have a drawing I like, I will make it in Rhino (a CAD program) and then send that off to a prototyping studio. I'll make a preliminary crude one in cheap materials to test it out and then after alterations, I'll have at least one made in aluminum, brass and walnut. The target market is rich nerds on the internet or at scifi conventions. It's a huge departure for me since the rest of what I do is largely abstract ceramic scuplture, though I can do portrait busts too.

You can view my college era work here:
    "My Art" set on my flickr page

You can see the ray gun progress here:
    "ray gun ideas" set on flickr

I don't have an ego about my work. I believe such a thing is bad for one's development. The first thing I learned in college was to divorce my ego from my work so I can grow. Sooooo what I'm saying is I encourage input. If you like something, tell me why. If you don't, definitely tell me why. And your input is especially important since we're all here because we love toy guns.

Thank you for everything!

oh btw, the ray gun is based on this mount for a leica camera:
    Hello from a newly minted nerf addict Camera-gun-11
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat May 21, 2011 2:41 am

Hi and welcome
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sat May 21, 2011 3:35 am

Now there is something that brings back memories and something that you dont see very often, the old stock mounted camera for wildlife photography. I have used these before, a very long time ago, but havent seen one for many years. Welcome to our home.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat May 21, 2011 6:37 am

Servulus wrote:Now there is something that brings back memories and something that you dont see very often, the old stock mounted camera for wildlife photography. I have used these before, a very long time ago, but havent seen one for many years. Welcome to our home.

Yes, this brings back fond memories as well. I'm positive I still have one in storage somewhere - time to go digging through boxes!!
    spacephrawg
    spacephrawg

Post  spacephrawg Sat May 21, 2011 1:54 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    Servulus wrote:Now there is something that brings back memories and something that you dont see very often, the old stock mounted camera for wildlife photography. I have used these before, a very long time ago, but havent seen one for many years. Welcome to our home.

Yes, this brings back fond memories as well. I'm positive I still have one in storage somewhere - time to go digging through boxes!!

PLease post pics of it?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm