If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar


    Orange Mod Works.

    Share
    avatar
    Darth Lai

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Darth Lai on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:20 pm

    Hey guys, Darth Lai here just with some info,
    Today a quite popular YouTube nerfer named Jerm781 (link to his channel here ----> http://www.youtube.com/user/jerm781 ) uploaded a video about his new Recon with some stainless steel parts installed.
    I checked them out and they seem pretty good. You can buy them from a site called Orange Mod Works (link http://orangemodworks.com/index.html ). The price is quite good.(in my opinion.)

    And thats what I wanted. I think the price is okay, the shipping is annoying though. Check this out and please get back to me about your opinions. Stage 2 will be coming out in 3 weeks.

    I would like to get this but I need the good ol' OzNerf community's opinion. And I thought I would let you guys know about this, some you probably already know.

    I asked the guys what other blasters could fit these upgrades and they told me that they are able to fit most inverse-plunger systems, except the catch would not fit an Alpha Trooper (I asked if it would fit an Alpha Trooper.)

    Thanks guys!


    Last edited by Darth Lai on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link was wrong.)
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  clunk07 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:36 pm

    All that, and no plunger tube reinforcement...
    avatar
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

    Posts : 536
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 27
    Location : Ipswich, Brisbane, Australia

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  inf0rm3r on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:40 pm

    Not to mention this guy has just ripped off the work of the good sg guys and re-boxed it as his own.

    Nothing makes me rage when someone copies or steals someone else's ideas or work.
    avatar
    Kinetic Waffle

    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-04-08
    Age : 26
    Location : 1008A/640 Swanston St, Carlton, Victoria, 3053

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Kinetic Waffle on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:22 pm

    Jerm is AMAZING at making other people's work look like his own.
    avatar
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  littlebro05 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 pm

    @KW. That's not Jerm's product. It's someone elses. There's goign to be a product that includes all metal assembly. I wouldn't waste my time on it though.. It's just a Recon lol.
    avatar
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 20
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Xoenz on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 am

    Well, i don't see anything wrong with replicating the SG guys.

    This is mainly because he has produced a product that is substantialy better. These metal products and spring, fits into the recons without any modification to the shell (shaving the area behind the plunger tube for the spring) and also because it is made from stainless steel, which is lighter than aluminum.

    I am looking foward to this stage 2 kit as it includes the plunger tube and boltsled. Also because its stainless steel quality is much lighter than aluminum, which would reduce any range decrease.

    And yes, it may just be for a recon now, but these guys will manuafacture these kits for other RP guns soon, pending upon how succesful the recon kit is.

    Oh btw, shipping is only $6 worldwide, so price is decent.
    avatar
    Switchblade

    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2010-08-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Brisbane Represent!

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Switchblade on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:14 am

    ohh emm gee!! this site is soo amazing!!! So good, that i got a 404 error -.-'
    avatar
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 20
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Xoenz on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 am

    Switchblade wrote:ohh emm gee!! this site is soo amazing!!! So good, that i got a 404 error -.-'

    What browser are you using? Its works for me on safari (mac) and on my ipod and iphone..
    avatar
    Switchblade

    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2010-08-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Brisbane Represent!

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Switchblade on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:28 am

    I'm using FF4 and i tried internet explorer :/
    I'm using win7 professional.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  clunk07 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:33 am

    Xoenz wrote:Well, i don't see anything wrong with replicating the SG guys.

    This is mainly because he has produced a product that is substantialy better. These metal products and spring, fits into the recons without any modification to the shell (shaving the area behind the plunger tube for the spring) and also because it is made from stainless steel, which is lighter than aluminum.

    I am looking foward to this stage 2 kit as it includes the plunger tube and boltsled. Also because its stainless steel quality is much lighter than aluminum, which would reduce any range decrease.

    And yes, it may just be for a recon now, but these guys will manuafacture these kits for other RP guns soon, pending upon how succesful the recon kit is.

    Oh btw, shipping is only $6 worldwide, so price is decent.

    Stainless steel is substantially heavier than aluminium. I haven't had to do any trimming of the shell to install any BT spring in to a Recon...
    avatar
    Vavoom

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2011-04-28
    Age : 31
    Location : Sydney

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Vavoom on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:42 am

    Switchblade wrote:I'm using FF4 and i tried internet explorer :/
    I'm using win7 professional.
    Edit the link in the URL bar. Darth Lai has put the link in with a ').' at the end of it.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  clunk07 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:56 am

    It's a bit concerning that these guys are promoting petroleum jelly as lubricant for o-rings...
    avatar
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 20
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Xoenz on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:09 am

    clunk07 wrote:
    Xoenz wrote:Well, i don't see anything wrong with replicating the SG guys.

    This is mainly because he has produced a product that is substantialy better. These metal products and spring, fits into the recons without any modification to the shell (shaving the area behind the plunger tube for the spring) and also because it is made from stainless steel, which is lighter than aluminum.

    I am looking foward to this stage 2 kit as it includes the plunger tube and boltsled. Also because its stainless steel quality is much lighter than aluminum, which would reduce any range decrease.

    And yes, it may just be for a recon now, but these guys will manuafacture these kits for other RP guns soon, pending upon how succesful the recon kit is.

    Oh btw, shipping is only $6 worldwide, so price is decent.

    Stainless steel is substantially heavier than aluminium. I haven't had to do any trimming of the shell to install any BT spring in to a Recon...

    Oh wow, i thought i was told otherwise.

    I stand corrected :]
    avatar
    Akimbo Assassin

    Posts : 394
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Age : 43
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Akimbo Assassin on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:35 am

    Where's the mod kit for Longshot? Geez, why do they still bother with modding a Recon? It SUX in stock form. By the time you bought a Recon and those two mod kits, the money you spent could have bought yourself three Alpha Troopers. The only reason I bought a Recon myself is because it was in the Kmart's clearance rack for less than $10 and that's the max I think a Recon is worth.
    avatar
    NachoTaco

    Posts : 168
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 19
    Location : Perth WA

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  NachoTaco on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:47 am

    Akimbo Assassin wrote:Where's the mod kit for Longshot? Geez, why do they still bother with modding a Recon? It SUX in stock form. By the time you bought a Recon and those two mod kits, the money you spent could have bought yourself three Alpha Troopers. The only reason I bought a Recon myself is because it was in the Kmart's clearance rack for less than $10 and that's the max I think a Recon is worth.

    I Definitely agree that they should make one for the longshot. I don't know why they wouldn't. They would probably
    make much more profit if they did.
    avatar
    Darth Lai

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Darth Lai on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:23 am

    Vavoom wrote:
    Switchblade wrote:I'm using FF4 and i tried internet explorer :/
    I'm using win7 professional.
    Edit the link in the URL bar. Darth Lai has put the link in with a ').' at the end of it.

    Sorry about that.. I edited it and it should work now.
    avatar
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 538
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 20
    Location : Liverpool, NSW

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Xoenz on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:53 am

    NachoTaco wrote:
    Akimbo Assassin wrote:Where's the mod kit for Longshot? Geez, why do they still bother with modding a Recon? It SUX in stock form. By the time you bought a Recon and those two mod kits, the money you spent could have bought yourself three Alpha Troopers. The only reason I bought a Recon myself is because it was in the Kmart's clearance rack for less than $10 and that's the max I think a Recon is worth.

    I Definitely agree that they should make one for the longshot. I don't know why they wouldn't. They would probably
    make much more profit if they did.

    I am sure that they will, sooner or later. Probably they have already sent the specs of the LS to their supply to get some samples.
    avatar
    mull

    Posts : 222
    Join date : 2010-09-18
    Age : 32
    Location : Inner Western Suburbs, Victoria

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  mull on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:54 am

    Xoenz wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:Stainless steel is substantially heavier than aluminium. I haven't had to do any trimming of the shell to install any BT spring in to a Recon...

    Oh wow, i thought i was told otherwise.

    I stand corrected :]
    You may have been confused with:
    (1) Aluminium is lighter than steel
    (2) Aluminium is weaker than steel (we will ignore specialised alloys of both materials)

    Therefore, you will need MORE VOLUME of aluminium to match up the strength of steel.

    eg. 2mm thick steel is typically stonger than 2mm thick aluminium. You will need a thicker piece of aluminium to match steel.

    However, steel is around 2.5 times heavier than aluminium.
    In many applications, aluminium has a better strength-to-weight ratio than steel, which is favoured.

    "Strength" is just a generalisation mentioned in this case though.
    The finer attributes of materials, involve stuff like tensile strength, toughness, hardness, etc.; which they should teach in lower high school as part of a technologies subject (unless the modern education system swapped it for something silly like another art or humanities subject).
    avatar
    NachoTaco

    Posts : 168
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 19
    Location : Perth WA

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  NachoTaco on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:26 am

    Good explanation, and we did a section on tensile strength in science.
    avatar
    redcricket077

    Posts : 629
    Join date : 2010-12-31
    Age : 20
    Location : SE Suburbs Melbourne

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  redcricket077 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 am

    Well if someone buys the 2nd kit, it would be interesting to see what the results would be.
    avatar
    mull

    Posts : 222
    Join date : 2010-09-18
    Age : 32
    Location : Inner Western Suburbs, Victoria

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  mull on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:54 am

    NachoTaco wrote:Good explanation, and we did a section on tensile strength in science.
    Hmmm... It was in the sciences too, but later on, in my case.

    I just first learnt that stuff at the start of year 7, as part of the metalwork component of my technology studies.
    ie. The material properties of mild steel, aluminium, stainless steel, etc.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  clunk07 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 pm

    mull wrote:
    NachoTaco wrote:Good explanation, and we did a section on tensile strength in science.
    Hmmm... It was in the sciences too, but later on, in my case.

    I just first learnt that stuff at the start of year 7, as part of the metalwork component of my technology studies.
    ie. The material properties of mild steel, aluminium, stainless steel, etc.

    Crap, that's fairly intense. I just weld it together for a living
    avatar
    mull

    Posts : 222
    Join date : 2010-09-18
    Age : 32
    Location : Inner Western Suburbs, Victoria

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  mull on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:48 pm

    On the main topic, I'm unimpressed about the kit.
    (1) It's for a Recon
    (2) Pretty much a springs replacement kit. Nothing new.

    clunk07 wrote:Crap, that's fairly intense. I just weld it together for a living
    Throw all that stuff learnt out of the window once you finish high school.
    Kids are mental sponges, so let them absorb bits of everything, then they find something they're interested in and specialise.

    As you're a welder, all you are concerned about is assembling the pieces together and maintaining quality of workmanship.
    Choice of materials and design, that's the engineer's job.

    My first high school was formerly a technical college (secondary school that was more specialised towards trade careers), so they still had a workshop for wood, metal, plastics, electronics and textiles work (pedestal drills, bench folds, spot welders, perspex heating elements, PBC kits, sewing machines, etc.).

    Pity that the public education system is being unified and tuned towards academics and fruity subjects (supposedly used to enrich and make us more accepting of other people and their cultures/lifestyles), yet kids still can't add or spell properly.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  clunk07 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:59 pm

    mull wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:Crap, that's fairly intense. I just weld it together for a living

    Throw all that stuff learnt out of the window once you finish high school.

    As you're a welder, all you are concerned about is assembling the pieces together and maintaining quality of workmanship.
    Choice of materials and design, that's the engineer's job.

    If only that were the case. Most of the jobs I've worked on, you do design and fabrication, implementation - the lot. Besides, I'd rather not have an engineer invade my work space!! haha
    avatar
    Darth Lai

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Darth Lai on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:50 pm

    Yo guys, just an update here.
    I ordered it a couple of days ago, I figured I might as well, it was my birthday a couple days ago so I got the cash. Shipping was like 6 bucks, so it wasn't killer.

    I'll do an unboxing and all, install it in my Recon and let you guys know if it's worth it or not.

    avatar
    KingCam

    Posts : 832
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 31
    Location : Lilydale,Melbourne,Victoria

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  KingCam on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:11 pm

    Here A Review and How to Install guide done by Lord Draconical On Youtube.
    avatar
    heist

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-07-02
    Age : 30
    Location : Morayfied (Thats north of Brisbane)

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  heist on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 am

    http://www.facebook.com/orangemodworks

    avatar
    LJNERF

    Posts : 18
    Join date : 2011-04-17
    Age : 18
    Location : brisbane

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  LJNERF on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:56 am

    I would just like to update some stuff about orange mod works, but didn't think it needed its a new topic. Firstly on the recon kit I have ordered and preorderd both kit 1 and 2 and anyone who orders kit 2 before July 12 will recieve a alloy trigger free which will not be released again until kit 3. Secondly, apparently on July 25 Orange Mod Works will relese kit 1 for the Raider, Alpha Trooper and Longstrike.
    avatar
    Darth Lai

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Darth Lai on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 pm

    Hey guys, package arrived I think about 3 days ago. Took just over two weeks to get here, which isn't too bad.

    I taped the unboxing and am just editing and uploading that right now. As soon as it is up I'll post a link. Sorry about taking so long, I've been busy with school and other stuff all week and only just got time. Quality of the parts seem quite good- If I have time I might chuck em into my clear Recon tommorow and see how it is.

    Link will be up as soon it is uploaded.
    Cheers.

    EDIT: LINK- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUAmnxnrvI
    avatar
    PhantomSambo

    Posts : 67
    Join date : 2010-11-07
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide, SA

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  PhantomSambo on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:12 am

    UPDATE: They now have an Alpha Trooper Stage 1 kit.

    http://orangemodworks.com/unleashed_S1_AT.html
    avatar
    Sairex

    Posts : 105
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Age : 30
    Location : Windsor, Brisbane

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Sairex on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:49 am

    My tax just came through so i thought i should blow some cash at these mods. will do a write up of the alpha trooper when it gets in.

    although it wont bring as much joy as modding it myself, it is rather convenient.
    avatar
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  littlebro05 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:09 am

    Yes please. We would like to see a write up of the alpha trooper. More modifications on this site the better :). If you're going to modify it, I think you should be able to knock out the air restrictors with a screw driver. I'm not sure as it seems the AT has a similar AR compared with the stampede.
    avatar
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 190
    Join date : 2010-03-23
    Age : 29
    Location : Launceston, TAS

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  neumein on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:58 am

    I've got two of the Alpha Trooper Stage 1 kits on the way. I'll let you know how they go.
    avatar
    lefty

    Posts : 153
    Join date : 2010-12-26
    Age : 42
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  lefty on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:40 am

    Just bumping this topic to find out results from the installed kits, has anyone installed a stage 2 recon kit?
    avatar
    chiiia

    Posts : 158
    Join date : 2011-07-17
    Age : 18
    Location : Wheelers Hill, Victoria

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  chiiia on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 am

    lefty wrote:Just bumping this topic to find out results from the installed kits, has anyone installed a stage 2 recon kit?

    Well on YouTube, LordDraconical has a video with all the current ModWorks kits installed, the link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHJRZNET9E&feature=channel_video_title

    Sponsored content

    Re: Orange Mod Works.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:16 pm