If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

July 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

War Completed Please LOCK

littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

War Completed Please LOCK

Post  littlebro05 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:19 am

Why is this called Speed Foam Warfare? Just because there is artificial 'cover' placed around the field and the battlefield is small (40m by 20m)! You will have to be on your feet as staying in one place will result in destruction and massacre!

Basis

Speed #1:
    Only 70-75% of your team will be on the field. Respawn rules are that when someone 'is shot', they must return to base and swap with the next person who is waiting in line for their 'turn'. When they reach the respawn point, they must tag the next person in line back into the game. Obviously, one factor for calling it 'speed' is because you must return to base as quickly as possible to get your team going. (Note: If there is large numbers - this rule will apply)

Speed #2:
    Being a small playing field, you have to be quick on your feet. Staying in one place may results in a charge or rush causing a massacre (if there are a few in the same spot). It is recommended to split up to run to complete the objective while supporting your team mates through coverfire, distraction and division.

Speed #3:
    Here is a sample of what the battlefield will look like. Yes it has changed since I have more tarps and stakes. Each short tarp placed vertically is incremented in 10metre lengths. The field will be slightly longer lengthways, the width will stay the same. 40metres by 20metres

McCaskie Park, Blamey Street, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, 4059

...Time
    9AM-4PM

Dart Hire (compulsory)
    Provided by littlebro05 - $10 per person.
    - Darts will include, weighted snap cap darts and silicone tips.

Dart Blaster Hire (optional)
    Provided by littlebro05:

Updates on Gun Hire:

For those who have friends who don't have a blaster or if you bring a blaster and it isnt' up to your standard you can hire the following the blasters I will only be bringing a few though.

For $15 - You get Furyfire
    -> 35-50ft
    -> Dart Hire
    -> Ten Round Capacity

Dart Purchase (optional)
    It is available after the war, you will get a mixture of silicone and snap cap darts. It will cost you $10 extra per person to get 100 darts. Then if you want more darts (per person) it will cost you $20 per 100 darts. If you have a friend, it will be better to split the cost if you want 200.

General Warring Rules and Etiquette
    1. If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT (Hit)
    2. If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
    3. If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
    4. Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
    5. Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
    6. Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
    7. Minimum engagement range = 2-3metres | For Air Blasters it’s 8metres
    (NOTE: If the person charges YOU, you are able to shoot them at a close engagement range. However, if you charge at them - you will be given a warning)
    8. Range Limit of 120ft (40’ish metres) - Big Blasts and Titans are banned.
    9. EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY (You will most definitely need it in this war as the darts are flying at a higher velocity than HvZ blasters)
    10. Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there should to say I’ve got you. This is to avoid close shooting encounters from high end blasters
    11. You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
    12. In case of a situation where both players have shot each other near or at the same time – this is a double kill. Both players must return to the safe zone / or respawn point.
    13. When you are shot – you are NOT allowed to communicate with other players. Dead people can’t talk.
    14. If children or anybody walks across the field, please halt your fire and screamout 'STOP' and continue the chain to yelling until the kids or other people are off to the field.
    15. Please don't take the game too literally and get to serious about it. Nor boast about how good you are, no one likes arrogance or someone who is taking it way seriously. Be casual about it, it's just a game and we're here to have some fun.

Game Types
    1. Team Deathmatch (Elimination) - Only a few rounds
    2. Capture the Flag
    3. Infiltration
    4. Retrieve and Retain - A new game type that may last up to an hour of solid gameplay!
    5. Defend and Destroy - Please bring missiles or vortex howlers for this.
    6. Army of Two - Can you survive the longest with yourself and your partner Smile
    7. Pistol Round combined with CTF / Retrieve and Retain / Defend and Destroy - MAKE SURE YOU BRING SINGLE SHOT PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS

PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS INCLUDE:

1. Wipeout Pistol
    2. Stormfire
    3. Nitefinder
    4. Barricade
    5. Maverick
    6. Spectre
    7. Furyfire
    8. X-Shot Pistol
    9. Tek One
    10. Recon WITHOUT Stock or Barrel attachment (even though those bits are useless anyway - just trying to run with the hand gun only theme)
    11. Scout IX-3
    12. Speedload 6
    13. Dart Tag Gun (Hyperfire)
    14. Element EX-6
    15. Dart Tag Sharpshot
    16. Tech Target Pistol

Banned Blasters
    - Titans
    - Big Blasts
    - Air guns that have a 40cm + barrel
    - Blasters that shoot 40metres flat (i.e. can make it from one side to the field to the other by aiming it 'flat').

Housekeeping
    - If in between game breaks and you are you 'popping of shots', ONLY shoot within the field as we do not want accidents happening by accidentally shooting a non player.
    - If you arrive early, please help set up. Bring a mallet. I will print out the format of where the stakes should be hammered,
    - At the end of the day, stay AT LEAST until all the darts have been sweeped off the field and all the tarps have been taken down. I will give instructions at the end of the day.
    - EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY, IF YOU GOT NONE - YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE
    - If there is about 24 or more people. We will be splitting you up into three teams for the sake of easy management. Each team bout will consist of three rounds before rotating. NON PLAYERS must help REFEREE for any rule breaking, this means the team who is not participating in this round must stand on the outside of the battlefield to monitor anyone who has been hit to call them out if they do not notice. This will help the game run more smoothly.
    - If this is your first time attending a war, please bring a blaster (and a spare one) that has AT LEAST the AR removal, these darts will not fire effectively if you have not at least done that modification. Use google, if you need help.

Attendees
    A list of attendees. If you are willing or might be participating in this war, REPLY to this thread stating the following. Age, any extra friends who are coming and Arsenal of EACH player. Arsenals included modifications on the blaster. Our age limit here is 11YO.

- littlebro05 (Age 19), Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shot (100ft) + NiteFinder (80ft) (overhauled) [Used for pistol rounds also]
    - littlebro05 cousin (Age 15) Arsenal - Quadshot + Furyfire
    - mister_elliot (Age 22), Arsenal - BB LongShot (120ft) + Spectre 50-60ft (pistol round use).
    - inf0rm3r (Age 21), Arsenal - Longshot (80ft) OR Stampede (65ft) + Furyfire OR StormFire (pistol round use)
    - vest4R (Age 15), Arsenal - Longshot (80ft) + Nitefinder (80ft) (pistol round use)
    - Photo Ninja (Age 15), Arsenal - Shot Blast (100ft-120ft) + Nitefinder 50-60ft (pistol round use)
    - Smeghead (Age 15), Arsenal - BBUMB RSCB'd OR breeched + Nitefinder 50-60ft (pistol round use)
    - heist (Age 24), Arsenal - Longshot (60ft-80ft) OR Recon (50-60ft) + Stormfire (50-60ft) OR Tech Target (40-50ft) (pistol round use)
    - jo nerf (Age 13), Arsenal - Longshot (50ft) + Nitefinder w/ SSPB integration (60ft w/ 30ft) (pistol round use)
    - jo nerf + 1 (Age 13), Arsenal - ??
    - lefty (Age ??), Arsenal - BBLS OR RSCB'd BBUMB (120ft) + Nitefinder (pistol round use)
    - modops101 (Age ??), Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shot (100ft) + Nitefinder (pistol round use)
    - lefty + 1 (Age ??), Arsenal - Longshot (60-80ft) + Nitefinder (pistol round use)
    - plulse (Age 13), Arsenal - Inlined Clipped / Shotgunned / Breech Handcannon (100ft)+ Nitefinder w/ 6 turret Mav speedloader (60-80ft) (pistol round use)
    - plulse + 1 (Age 13), Arsenal - Inline Clipped Handcannon (100ft) + Nitefinder (60-80ft)
    - SnowDragon (Age 19) Arsenal - Longshot (60-80ft) OR Shot Blast (100ft) + Furyfire (pistol round use)
    - DesertKind (Age 15) Arsenal - Longshot (60-80ft) + Nitefinder
    - acerised (Age 17) Arsenal - RSCB'D TS (100ft) + NiteFinder
    - mavrick man (Age 13) Arsenal - Everything LOL
    - mavrick man's Dad's Arsenal - Everything again <,<
    - mavrick man's mate (Age 13) - Recon
    - mavrick man's friend (Age 13) - Something..

Maybe Attendees

- Madmatty (Age 20), Arsenal - Recon AR Removed (50ft-60ft) + Maverick (30ft-40ft) (pistol round use)
    - David&Sam + 2 more, Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shots (100ft)
    - Door_Beatle (Age 16) Arsenal - ??
    - UtahR (Age 31) Arsenal - ??
    - pez7 (Age 13) Arsenal - Stampede (35-50ft) + NF (35ft)
    - pez7 Dad (Age 18+) Arsenal - ??

Last Months Attendes - 21 people (soem people missing in photo aye inf0rm3r and oxy, heheheheahahaha)

heist Drink Sales!

Are you too lazy to walk across the shopping centre to buy yourself a drink? heist is the man for you! He will be selling cans of soda for $1 each. You read right! $1 each. Available throughout the course of the day.

Last edited by littlebro05 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm; edited 20 times in total
    mister_elliott

Re: War Completed Please LOCK

Post  mister_elliott on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 am

Dudebro you know I'm in. I need more xp points and stamina.
    Madmatty

Post  Madmatty on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:19 am

I'd like to come, but will be able to say for shore close to the date. Im 20, and will have a (unsure of the spelling) maverick pistol and a recon cs-6. Both of witch have had their air restricters removed.
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 am

Madmatty wrote:I'd like to come, but will be able to say for shore close to the date. Im 20, and will have a (unsure of the spelling) maverick pistol and a recon cs-6. Both of witch have had their air restricters removed.

I hope you're fit then. :p I can lend you an 18 clip for the day too if you've only got the one CS6 clip.
    Madmatty

Post  Madmatty on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:44 pm

mister_elliott wrote:
    Madmatty wrote:I'd like to come, but will be able to say for shore close to the date. Im 20, and will have a (unsure of the spelling) maverick pistol and a recon cs-6. Both of witch have had their air restricters removed.

I hope you're fit then. :p I can lend you an 18 clip for the day too if you've only got the one CS6 clip.

Yeah I'm pretty fit but possible heart surgery at the end of the month may slow me down a wee bit
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:24 am

C'mon guys. I know there are way more of you out there. Would be nice to see how many people actually rocking up...
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:21 am

If your going for a large turnout you might want to increase the field size or it might turn into chaos.

I should be there.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 am

I stated above that if there were more than 24 people coming or so we'll be splitting it up in teams anyway. It worked pretty well last time. I forgot to throw the reffing rule across though.
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah I know

It's just that people tend to get bored/lazy and don't want to help ref so you end up with a bunch of people sitting on the side lines popping off random shots.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 am

At the same time you will get people who will get too tired and then the games don't run as fluently as they should. Works both ways I guess. I prefer someone reffing though because you will get those 'disputes'.

Unfortunately, we can't use the whole park either as there are other people who live in this area to who come use the park. We're not going to hog it all.
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 am

Maybe get some boxes for people to shoot at?

Just to give them something entertaining to do.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:26 am

I dunno, but this time I'll probably do a three rounds per game type with different rotations. If we only have 20 people it'll be 10v10.. anymore than it becomes hard to manage. Constantly switch teams = not enough game time. Like CTF. Games will last 5minutes each. You're one of the people who is going to be an organiser, you can't just sit around and do unproductive stuff. You'll need to monitor the games at some point, why not just practice it at KG wars.

We will see when the day comes, for the time being let's focused on bringing more people in.
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:58 am

Still no video footage of the last war?
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 am

I'm Coming, Age 15
    Guns:Shot blast (PETG Breech range 30 metres), Nite Finders (ARs, extra spring, range 15-18 metres)
    Smeghead

Post  Smeghead on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Shouldn't more becoming? D:
    I wanna field test my UMB and NF on someone >:D
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 am

Got a stampede with crap all range but competitive ROF. CQB superiority ftw.
    lefty

Post  lefty on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

Yes I too have a new BBUMB which hasn't been banned....yet. So I guess you can put us down for 2 and maybe for another 2
    plulse

Post  plulse on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 pm

i'll be there
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Just bumping it. We will have silicone tips (heavy) by this war. We will be able to play humans vs zombies. PLEASE bring some low powered blasters for this game. Silicone tips will be available for sale after the war.

If you haven't replied to coming to this war, please do so so I have a good idea. We have approximately 11-12 confirmed guests.

Last war we only had 10, and 21 people came, so we really need an indicator to how many darts will be brought on the day.

Thanks,

littlebro05.
    heist

Post  heist on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 pm

I'll be there too.
    Acerised

Post  Acerised on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 am

Ill check with my parents.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 am

Cool as people. Keep the attendance list building. I'm looking to beat the average (16-24 players) of attendance. It looks like we have a whole range of different blasters which should keep the game interesting!

I've decided to run it as two teams. If there is more than 10 per team, games that have respawn, to respawn you have to run back to the respawn point and 'tag' one player is line. That player who has been tagged will enter the field for some action. Might be better since it keeps the game flowing. Inf0rm3r and me maybe reffing to see if there are any 'dickheads' who are like "no you didn't get me" or someone who shots completely off the mark and say "I've got you". However, everybody who has attended so far hasn't been a 'doodle head'.

Keep up the great works guys.
    heist

Post  heist on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:35 pm

All so guys i will be selling ice cold drinks on the day @ $1 each much cheaper then any other shop near.

All so dose any one have a any requests for drinks.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Updates on Gun Hire:

For those who have friends who don't have a blaster or if you bring a blaster and it isnt' up to your standard you can hire the following the blasters I will only be bringing a few though.

For $15 - You get Furyfire
    -> 35-50ft
    -> Dart Hire
    -> Ten Round Capacity

For $25 - You get HC RSCB'd

-> 80-110ft
    -> Dart Hire
    -> 5-6 Round Capacity

Both pump action.
    Door_Beatle

Post  Door_Beatle on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 am

I'll see if i can get the day off work, but I should be there
    plulse

Post  plulse on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am

is the feild going to be bigger this just wondering
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 pm

I think i am going to this, I will define this when i'm at dads.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 pm

plulse wrote:is the feild going to be bigger this just wondering

Read the above. It's going to be bigger lengthways by 10metres. I may increase the width by 5metres, Not too sure yet.

UtahR

Post  UtahR on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Hmm... A Nerf war the day before, would I be able (not too sore) to go to a fast one...
    I'm a "Maybe."
    My 35 round pistol will come in handy for H vs. Z
    pez7

Post  pez7 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:33 am

Hey Libro maybe coming,

+1 (13 years) maybe +2 if dad decides to play.

I will be using a stampede and a Nitefinder.
    oogles99

Post  oogles99 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:14 pm

I will be going on Sunday the 10th July c u there.
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:27 pm

I will be there.

Doomsayer - 100ft

Shotblast - 130ft (will be shotgun loaded for 90ft)

Nitefinder - 70ft

I have an extra Shotblast as well that I might bring (140ft shotgun loaded)

*Looks at Wolf*
    DesertKind

Post  DesertKind on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:48 am

First war in since the las northside "war", won't bring anything too powerful, mostly because i don't have anything like that...
    Also bringing my "ballistic knife", just for fun
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 am

Yeah cya all there +2.

Bringing a variety of weapons along
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:57 am

Sweet. 2000 silicone tips have been made for tomorrow. I will only take out as much as I need though. Unless 35 people rock up which is looking very likely at the moment

I will bump this thread tomorrow night to get the ball rolling for tomorrow. Sunday looks like it's going to be a big day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 am