Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Unknown
Luke
oxymoron
clunk07
gooni
Kat
Fuzzy Bunny
11 posters

Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer...

Fuzzy Bunny
    Fuzzy Bunny

Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer... Empty Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer...

Post  Fuzzy Bunny Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Hey all,

The name is Fuzzy Bunny, I'm 25, live around the Brisbane area, work full time, and Nerf on weekends...

I have had Nerf blasters for some time now, but my collection was rather limited, as all I ever used them for was random target practice in my room. About 6 months ago, a guy that lives in the same apartment complex bought a blaster, and invited a bunch of his friends around for a "Nerf war", I saw them getting set-up, quickly introduced myself, and asked to join... Since then we have had a game almost every weekend, with a few regulars and plenty of random people coming and going. Needless to say: it wasn't long before the regulars wanted "more power", so we all started doing basic mods on our blasters, and we enjoyed it so much that we started buying different models to see the internal differences, design potentials, and just for the challenge...

I am now at the stage where I must have clocked up hundreds of hours worth of research on not only the Nerf range but other brands, and homemades as well. I want to start doing more complex mods.

With the experience, and knowledge I have gained over the last 6 months, I have some pretty big ideas, and many "ambitious" projects that I would like to undertake... To be honest with you, I really don't want to go at it all alone... So I decided to finally join my fellow Nerfers here in Australia in hope of a little guidance and support where needed and perhaps some contacts or direction on where to find the materials I seek...

Don't get me wrong though, I am hoping that I will also have something to bring to the table, and that I may be able to help people out as well...

This is a list of my current yet growing arsenal, what mods have been done, and what mods I am planning:

• 2 x Vulcan EBF + 4 x Belts [Stock] (To be modded)

• 1 x Stampede ECS [Stock] (To be modded, got most parts needed)

• 1 x Unity Power System
      - Titan AS-V.1 [Stock] (To be used in mods)
      - Hornet AS-6 [Stock] (Not sure what to do with it - Suggestions?)
      - Scout IX-3 [Stock] (AR removal, spring upgrade, not sure what else to do)

• 1 x Deploy CS-6 [AR Removal, Stretched Spring] (Not sure what to do with it - Suggestions?)

• 1 x Raider CS-35 [AR Removal, Steel plunger portion, Stretched Spring, a few small tweeks] (Not sure what else to do)

• 1 x Rapidfire 20 [Shortened barrel posts] (Not sure what else to do, maybe volume of air increase + quick reload)

• 1 x Longshot CS-6 [AR removal, bi-pod removal, twin oring replacement] (I don't like the look or feel - I want to change that and maximise it's potential)

• 1 x Longstrike CS-6 [AR removal, stretched spring, jam door lock removal, removable stock] (Not sure what else to do)

• 1 x Maverick REV-6 [AR removal, glued turret ratchet, russian roulette, added spring, bare barrel] (quick load rotation chamber)

• 1 x Barrel Break IX-2 [Stock] (Upgrade Springs, AR Removal, plug leak holes)

• 2 x Secret Strike AS-1 [1 x AR removal, 1 x Stock] (Not sure what to do)

• 1 x Nite finder EX-3 [AR removal, spring stretch, extended steel barrel for small rockets, slightly minimised]

• 1 x Spectre REV-5 [AR removal, spring stretch] (Not sure what else to do)

• 1 x Recon CS-6 [AR removal, spring stretch, aluminium plunger tube, steel trigger catch, hardened catch spring, oring replacement, handle on priming slide] (Parts coming, going to overhaul)

• 1 x Airzone - Triple Shot [Quick and dirty mod that did not work] (Overhaul)

I am also chasing the following list of blasters/materials:

• Alpha Trooper CS-18 (NIB\Used, must have 18 dart drum)

• Clear Recon CS-6 (NIB)

• Clear Raider (NIB\Good condition\Broken internals but shell in good condition, must have clear drum)

• Transparent orange clips found with Tactical vest (New\Good condition)

• Brass Tubing (You know what I'm talkin' 'bout)

• PETG Tubing

• CPVC Tubing

• Various colours of vinyl dye\plastic paint

• Hobby Battery Packs + Charger (New\Used)

• Flip Clip joiner (Good Condition)

• Original yellow "Raider" stock (decent condition)

• 2 x Broken Raider CS-35 with Mag-Well

• 2 x Barricade REV-10 (Used)

• Titan AS-V.1 rockets

• Longshot CS-6 Aluminium bolt sled, aluminium plunger cap, aluminium\steel trigger catch

• Magstrike AS-10 (Working condition, don't need the clip)

• Broken Recon CS-6 (Shell in decent condition)

• Longstrike CS-6 flip-up sight (Decent condition)

• Longshot CS-6 Blue scope (Good condition)

• Clips: as many as I can get - 18 dart clip\drum, 35 dart drum (Decent condition)

The above is just materials I think I will need to keep me busy and poor over the next 12 months. I will grab bits and pieces over time depending on availability\price\money in my bank

Basically... I want to have a play with a few blasters, cannibalise some that I find impractical by themselves and integrate them into others that I see potential in, and just keep the ones I like... All while I try to decrease my collection, they take up enough room as it is.

Don't be shy, say "hi", and I will see y'all around the forums
    Kat
    Kat

Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer... Empty Re: Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer...

Post  Kat Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey
    Welcome to the oznerf.
    One quick suggestion is that stretching the spring is not to benificial as the spring would eventually return to its original size, and would be weakened.
    Otherwise, you all set.
    Fuzzy Bunny
    Fuzzy Bunny

Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer... Empty Re: Long time Nerfer, first time OZ Nerfer...

Post  Fuzzy Bunny Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah, they were among my earlier mods, and really I didn't notice a huge power increase, so I moved on to adding\upgrading springs
    Kat
    Kat

Post  Kat Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Thats cool, we all start somewhere.
    Most of the item you want can be listed in the wtb thread.
    Stuff like the vinyl dye at places like super cheap auto and the like.
    Petg can be bought from a user called informer.
    For barrel material, 16mm conduit is great for airguns, springer, anything with a relatively perfect fit.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Welcome aboard my fellow nerfing friend.

Lets start with some basics. Reverse plunger blasters such as the recon/raider/deploy and alpha trooper are good for what they are. But, and it is a big BUT are limited in their modding potential due to the design of the reverse plunger system.

The most that can really be done is to get some after market springs in them, many can be found here at Black Tactical along with O-rings and other handy things.

You mentioned PETG and CPVC. CPVC is not available in australia, but UPVC is widely used and readily sourced here. The best place to look would be an electrical suppler. Commonly used sizes are 16mm and 20mm UPVC (grey in colour) and 20mm underground UPVC (orange in colour).

PETG although not sold in stores can be purchased from a fellow Oznerf member and QLD'er inf0rm3r. He has a sales thread here along with a lot of other handy nerfing needs.

Hobby batteries and chargers can be found in Clunk's sales thread or from your local hobby store, where you will also find brass tubing as well.

For the other items in your list, might I suggest posting in the want to buy thread or look in the many other sales threads in the trading section.

Also we have many helpful members here that would be glad to offer any assistance you my need if you direct you questions to the questions thread.

Again, I welcome you to the happy place that is Oznerf and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Gooni.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the Forum's. Good to see another Qlder!!

Sounds like you've got your sh#t together, which is typical of us above the border haha

If you scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://www.oznerf.com/t2096-oznerf-s-frequently-asked-questions

There's a post on where to obtain modding materials in Australia, as well as here:

http://www.oznerf.com/t2991-inf0rm3r-s-ordering-system-blue-pink-foam-silicone-snap-tips-petg

Which is a sales thread for petg/dart foam/tips etc.

As gooni mentioned, I can help you out with li-ion batt's and charger's, as well as brass breeches for LongShot's. Also, BlackTactical (in Singapore) has a heap of springs/o-ring upgrades for most Nerf blaster's. If you keep an eye on the trading thread, alot of people do group buys from there. I generally do an order from there each month as well, so if there's anything you want, and don't want to order on your own, just let me know.

Also, OzNerfNerd has a Reverse-plunger spring kit, plunger buffer's, and longshot boltsled reinforcement bracket's, that he sells on ebay, here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nerf-Blaster-Spring-Mod-Kit-/280684603887?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Outdoor_Toys_Structures&hash=item415a1b29ef

As for Suggestions on Hornet mods - save yourself the headaches, and leave it as it is... haha

Cheers,
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:28 am

Welcome mate.

Sounds like you've done a similar thing to me and spent a fortune trying every blaster out there lol.

Check my sig for my recommendation on what you should focus on next. It will probably save you a fair bit of cash in the long run.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 am

Welcome, Thats a big WTB List and a big Collection.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 am

I've organised a war for tomorrow, if your interested check out the link below.

http://www.oznerf.com/t3094-12th-june-qld-northside-war-william-scott-park-10am-3pm
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 am

Good to see another older Brisbane nerfer. Come to one of the Brisbane wars and check out what the other members are doing mod wise. Oxy has good advise, his brassed longshot is a beast.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:56 am

Welcome to Oznerf! Nice Arsenal you have.
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:18 am

Hey there, Going for the biggest collection in Australia aye?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:25 am

He's not far from it
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 am

And he's only joined Oznerf. Epic collection to come?
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:08 am

modded_nerf wrote:Hey
    Welcome to the oznerf.
    One quick suggestion is that stretching the spring is not to benificial as the spring would eventually return to its original size, and would be weakened.
    Otherwise, you all set.

You can anneal stretched springs in an oven. Still not a huge difference, by the time you've spent a few dollars and hours on stretching it and running the oven you may as well buy a new spring.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am