If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Wednesday, 13th July (Cancelled)

Synergie

Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Wednesday, 13th July (Cancelled)

Post  Synergie on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:55 am

As it stands, I will no longer be hosting Nerf wars for various reasons, I am also considering my future in Nerf altogether. For now, next week's war won't go ahead, I am very sorry that it has come to this.

For those that work, this war is not for you, this one is on a weekday during the school holidays.
    PS: Taking back my glory, Echoes you bitch! To the keen few, you will notice a pattern of Sydney Heritage War Thread authors (Me/Echoes interchangeably), and so, it is now my turn.

When: Wednesday, 13th July 11:30am to 4pm

Where: Hurstville Heritage Park, Lugarno. Navigate yourself to Forest Road, Gannons Park is in a sidestreet called Boatwright Avenue, there are other entrances to Gannons Park but they will leave you VERY far away, get yourself to HERE and you're bound to see me and my White Toyota Corolla. I suggest you get the location of this Street View image in Google Maps and use that to get directions to the war location.
    A suggestion you could make to your parents who may be driving you down here is heading up to the Bowling Club which borders onto Gannons Park, while you play Nerf, you're parents could be dining up at the club, therefore turning a pointless 30minute/1hour drive into a day out for your parents.

General Rules & Guidelines:
    • If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT. Call out "HIT", like paintball and return to your respawn point.
    • If your blaster is hit, you are OUT (Blaster Hit)
    • If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
    • Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
    • Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
    • Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
    • Eye Protection is a must, you only have two eyes, try to keep them intact!
    • You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
    Greets to littlebro as some the rules stated here are his.

Weapons:
    • Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there shoulder to say I’ve got you.
    • Plugged weapons are banned.
    • Use common sense when considering engagement distances, don't fire point-blank to the face or neck.
    • No matte black/realistic-looking weapons, let's prevent another "incident" with the NSW Police!

Schedule:
    11:30-11:45am Briefing
    11:45am-2pm Games
    2-2:30pm Lunch

Forum broke itself and killed half my post.

Last edited by Synergie on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 19 times in total
    BlitzkriegNerfTeam

Re: Sydney War - Hurstville Heritage Park - Wednesday, 13th July (Cancelled)

Post  BlitzkriegNerfTeam on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 am

I'm comin to this! I'll be sure to ask the rest of the squad, get a head count.
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Well since, I did say I would be attending this one - then of course I'm a definite and all efforts will be put to make sure of that. I do highly doubt there will be any Doomsayer action from me in this war though.
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Why no doomsaying Mirsho?
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Well for 1: I don't think I've got the time (and materials) to finish modding it within my current time frame, I've already planned my Uni holidays, meaning all of July, so I don't have too much free days which aren't rest days (lol) and I really would like to put a lot of time and effort into it, rather than give it a half-assed job.
    I mean, I know it doesn't take that long or cost that much to mod it, but I fall cheap on time at this point. I think I'll have more time to mod when semester is actually running

And for 2: no Doomsaying for me (so to speak), only Peacekeeping.
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 pm

I see what you did there

Fair enough, I'll say enough doom for the both of us then
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Bahahah, yeah I went there. I did want a different name for my RFSG, so Peacekeeper it is.

You planning anything different with yours as well ? Or just blain ol' beastin' with Angel's write-up ? I kinda feel bad for some of the clip system blasters when you compare the likes of the two.
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm

It'll be called the doomsayer until it gets the paintjob I want for it :P. I want to get the flames going and everything!
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:00 pm

-mirsho wrote:Bahahah, yeah I went there. I did want a different name for my RFSG, so Peacekeeper it is.

You planning anything different with yours as well ? Or just blain ol' beastin' with Angel's write-up ? I kinda feel bad for some of the clip system blasters when you compare the likes of the two.

You could only really compare it to the Longshot, due to them both being direct plunger's. And still, at the end of the day, my preference still lies with the LShot. The RFSG is a nice project, and I'm sure you'll have a great time whilst performing the mod. But all the LShot's I've modded just feel a bit nicer and sturdier than my Armageddon/doomsayer. May just have been the way I performed the mods to it, I'm not sure.

But the luxury of having both is quite nice!! haha

BTW - you could always use plain old Clunk's write-up for the RFSG!!

Cheers,
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Yes clunk, your writeup IS better. I just want to get the plungerhead off to do some reinforcement :P.

I do agree the Longshot has its advantages over the good ol' Peacekeeper, but we'll see how things go. At this point, the LS looks like it's going to be the backup

-mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Spoken like a true gentleman Clunk - that's true ! Totally slipped my mind. I can vouch for the convenience of the clip though, I've got a half done Octoshot laying around somewhere (lol) and I'll admit I'm not exactly used to rear-loading yet.
    But I suppose you can compare, since your LShots are of esteemed high quality from what I've heard. Perhaps I'll notice the difference when I get up to working on an LShot for myself.

Do note that I'll be using your write up too Clunk ! I remember the first time I glanced at Angel's (although a nice-ish writeup) I was like ... wut.
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeh guys, it will be interesting to see how all the people who've purchased RFSG's from myself get on with their mod's. With such a decent number of people, I'm sure there'll be some nice tweaks discovered.

@Echoes - I applaud you wanting to remove the plunger-head etc. I virtually got lazy haha
    I hope it all goes smoothly for you!! I just tried to simplify my write-up (quite easy actually, as I'm a simple kinda guy).

Rear-loading takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's pretty cool.

Cheers,
    yeahryan

Post  yeahryan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:22 am

You can put me as a maybe. I work nights so i should make it after work. Will let you know closer to the date.
    Also in the it rules says no plugged guns, Are singled titans that arent plugged also banned?

Last edited by yeahryan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 am

Singled titans are permitted. Just don't plug it

WOW I'M AN IDIOT. Sorry for that mate.

Last edited by Echoes on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a pretty horrible typo)
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Im coming!!!!
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Awesome LSG. Bringing anyone?

Also for the 2nd of July war, are your mates still coming?
    RL

Post  RL on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Alright, sounds nice, I'm a maybe just because it's so damn far for me (1 hour drive).
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Well at the least, there are people who have the option of driving - whilst others are taking public transport, (2 hours-ish) - which means me
    hu83rt

Post  hu83rt on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Ooh~this could be my 1st event
    Noob question, whats a plugged gun?
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm

A plugged gun is where you use hot glue or similar to block off the over-pressure valve in an air blaster.

This enables a higher psi to be pumped in to the tank, resulting in greater velocity and range. Can be quite hazardous to other people's health with BBBB's and Titan's etc

For example, my "plugged titan" will punch a snap-cap dart through an internal door or fibro wall and puts dents in colourbond walls from around 20 feet away.

Cheers,
    longstrikeguy

Post  longstrikeguy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Echoes wrote:Awesome LSG. Bringing anyone?

Also for the 2nd of July war, are your mates still coming?

Yep, two or three of them will be coming to both.
    White Tiger

Post  White Tiger on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:28 pm

I might come.
    blastedgnu

Post  blastedgnu on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:50 am

Hey guys, new to the forums, definitely sign me up with a plus one
    aidanlemans

Post  aidanlemans on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah count me in also

I'll still have to borrow a spare modded blaster if anybro has them though, I'll have my longshot by the 13th but it won't be modified by then.
    Also I'll probably be bringing my 18yo bloodbro to this event so he may have to borrow one as well. Naturally he'll be impressed and he'll buy his own and mod it himself but just 'till then if we can borrow them for the day we're very thankful. Singled guns are perfectly acceptable as I loved the singled longshot I borrowed off Calem on the 13th event, that thing kicked ass.

Sorry to be a scab, looking forward to the war.
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Okay so I have a question (this applies to future wars too I guess, heh) :

In light of what happened on the 2nd with pole-lease involvement, would homemades be acceptable to be used at a war ? This is given that that it's not painted, the white piping would be visible, and if need be an orange tip would be present.

Any thought(s) ?

Post  238232 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Tacking on to that, would a homemade stuffed into the shell of some other blaster be good to go?
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:10 pm

-mirsho wrote:Okay so I have a question (this applies to future wars too I guess, heh) :

In light of what happened on the 2nd with pole-lease involvement, would homemades be acceptable to be used at a war ? This is given that that it's not painted, the white piping would be visible, and if need be an orange tip would be present.

Any thought(s) ?

238232 wrote:Tacking on to that, would a homemade stuffed into the shell of some other blaster be good to go?

At this point, we aren't allowing homemades into our wars, due to their power and their likeliness to be better than every blaster out there.

At this point, there is also a discussion between Synergie and I as to whether singled titans will even be allowed. This thread will be updated with further details on these issues prior to the war.
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Echoes wrote:
    -mirsho wrote:Okay so I have a question (this applies to future wars too I guess, heh) :

Any thought(s) ?

238232 wrote:Tacking on to that, would a homemade stuffed into the shell of some other blaster be good to go?

At this point, we aren't allowing homemades into our wars, due to their power and their likeliness to be better than every blaster out there.

At this point, there is also a discussion between Synergie and I as to whether singled titans will even be allowed. This thread will be updated with further details on these issues prior to the war.

Ahhh dang, no SNAP for me then. I would've thought that singled titans were always banned ? I'd assume just because of the potential and power.
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:28 pm

-mirsho wrote: Ahhh dang, no SNAP for me then. I would've thought that singled titans were always banned ? I'd assume just because of the potential and power.

Synergie and I were allowing them as long as they weren't plugged. Chances are though, they will be banned in good time.
    Synergie

Post  Synergie on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:02 pm

As it stands, I will no longer be hosting Nerf wars for various reasons, I am also considering my future in Nerf altogether. For now, next week's war won't go ahead, I am very sorry that it has come to this.
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Synergie wrote:As it stands, I will no longer be hosting Nerf wars for various reasons, I am also considering my future in Nerf altogether. For now, next week's war won't go ahead, I am very sorry that it has come to this.

... Or that could happen.
    Bacara

Post  Bacara on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:33 am

... Wow that sucks, shame to hear it synergie.
    @Echoes: Does this mean you'll be hosting the wars from now on?
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:08 am

Bacara wrote: Does this mean you'll be hosting the wars from now on?

It's a fairly high possibility at this point. I just need to get into contact with the proper authorities before I go ahead and organise anything. We don't want a repeat of that incident...

Post  238232 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 am

Hope you guys didn't end up with the cops knocking on your doors after that.
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:34 am

Gottverdamnt.
    Ah well, I still appreciate the effort and time you've taken to organise wars but it's unfortunate of your decision, but I understand there's underlying reasons for that.
    All is still good Synergie ! Hope you're dealing with this okay bro !

Peace,
    -mirsho.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 pm