If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Questions Thread.

Pronga

Re: The Questions Thread.

Post  Pronga on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 am

Apologies, wrote "Magstrike" in the title, but for some reason didn't in the body.
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 am

Yeah I had this problem with a Magstrike. Wasn't a big problem, just unscrewed the blaster, checked everything was in place and put it back together.
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 am

Pronga wrote:I've been doing some googling but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue.

Short version is:
    When I fire my Magstrike, only one dart fires out and the mag doesn't rise out any higher. Just sits there going Clack Clack Clack Clack Clack. If I pull the clip up to the second notch thing it works for the rest of the clip. Worked fine until recently, nothing changed that I know of...

Any thoughts?

I have that exact issue. I don't know how to fix it permanently but there's a simple solution which doesn't even require much effort - hold it sideways or upside down. Alternatively, on the first shot flick the MS up so that the clip is pulled upwards by inertia (I think).
    abowden

Post  abowden on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 am

I have the same problem! it gets progressively worse over time, to the point that not even holding it sideways works.
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 am

this means it's too loose and on nerf haven it says to put e-tape on each side of the clip
    [img][/img]
    Pronga

Post  Pronga on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

redcricket077 wrote:Yeah I had this problem with a Magstrike. Wasn't a big problem, just unscrewed the blaster, checked everything was in place and put it back together.

Pull it apart, clean it, then put it back together. My standard way of fixing stuff but didn't work

Johnnus wrote:I have that exact issue. I don't know how to fix it permanently but there's a simple solution which doesn't even require much effort - hold it sideways or upside down. Alternatively, on the first shot flick the MS up so that the clip is pulled upwards by inertia (I think).

Seams to work, gravity working for not against and all. Bit of a pain though

melbnerf619 wrote:this means it's too loose and on nerf haven it says to put e-tape on each side of the clip

No luck there mate, no change
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Any sign of damage on the elevator mech?
    Pronga

Post  Pronga on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 pm

mister_elliott wrote:Any sign of damage on the elevator mech?

Is that the little are bit that flick out to lift up the magazine? if so, no. Of the little notches that it lifts, the top one looks worn, but from what I've seen that's normal
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:41 pm

well because the first one's worn, the rest should work. There you go
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Pronga wrote:
    mister_elliott wrote:Any sign of damage on the elevator mech?

Is that the little are bit that flick out to lift up the magazine? if so, no. Of the little notches that it lifts, the top one looks worn, but from what I've seen that's normal

My new mags worked for a few times, but now none of them work without holding the MS sideways or upside down, or flicking the mag up. I'm thinking it's a unit issue, not a global MS issue as SG Nerf's appear to be fine.
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Pronga wrote:Of the little notches that it lifts, the top one looks worn, but from what I've seen that's normal

That could be your culprit. While i am deeply intrigued by the workings of magstrikes, I'm not hugely into modding so I'll leave it to someone with more experience to offer a solution.
    Russian T

Is buying a stampede a good investment for wars???

Post  Russian T on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I wish to buy a stampede and not quite sure if it's a good gun to have can anyone help me with this decision
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Yes it is very good and effective for suppressing fire.

It's actually very intimidating, being spammed with 5 darts per second, with a 20m+ shooting stampede.
    Unknown

Post  Unknown on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Grab a NF fist up then head over to the next war and look at what they're using.

The best way to figure out what guns suits you is by using them.

Generally though stampedes are pretty good.
    Pronga

Post  Pronga on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm lovin mine, gets a bit heavy in long days, and horrible on accuracy, but after a few easy mods it's great. good sized clips too
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah, I didn't want the extended clips so I sold them and used the cash to make the Stampede awesome. Not very hard to modify, so a pretty good choice for a war for someone getting into Nerf. There are "Kits" which include everything you need to mod a stampede. Not too expensive either.
    Pronga

Post  Pronga on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm not having much luck with the 'hosting photos' so

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2314/2mgclips.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D19503&usg=__76e77P8Z444eJ9pW9mYg6vVBhOU=&h=640&w=480&sz=23&hl=en&start=9&zoom=1&tbnid=iLQieSciTrrCVM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=103&ei=L24ATqryH474sAPX-PjEDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmagstrike%2Bclip%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1C1CHKB_en-GBAU421AU421%26biw%3D853%26bih%3D379%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&biw=853&bih=379

hope that works

shows the 2 different types of clips i was talking about it
    gooni

Post  gooni on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Pronga wrote:I've been doing some googling but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue.

Short version is:
    When I fire my Magstrike, only one dart fires out and the mag doesn't rise out any higher. Just sits there going Clack Clack Clack Clack Clack. If I pull the clip up to the second notch thing it works for the rest of the clip. Worked fine until recently, nothing changed that I know of...

Any thoughts?

With out seeing your magstrike I cant be 100%, But from what you have said above it sounds like this problem. See images below.

When I got this magstrike it was sold as not working. It was displaying the issue you describe e.g it only firing the first dart and then failing to advance the clip. Upon opening it I noticed that the piston was not mounted in the correct place.

In this pic, the piston is not sitting in the right place.

After moving it back into the correct place it fired just like it was intended. Cheep dart tag magstrike FTW.

Hope that fixes your troubled magstrike.

Pronga wrote:
    gooni wrote:

People can cover behind you but you "the tank" must be holding the shield.

So to confirm, The shield is effectively part of me, hence holding it all the time.

Is that a firm rule? (As in I can't put it down to reload) Or a 'spirit of the game, don't be a douche, guideline'?

Extremely late reply. You may drop your shield to reload or to go a fast flag run. But "setting" up the shield as cover for others to use without you holding it would be a no go and called fail h4x0r by many.

Gooni.
    Pronga

Post  Pronga on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 am

Thanks heaps gooni

I'll crack it open again when I get the chance and make sure the plunger is is the right place.

About the the shield, I guessed as much, just wanted to be sure.
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 am

Okay, this is a really specific question about the Nerf Titan as it pertains to the Unity system. I'm doing a modification that, if I can pull it, would separate off two parts of the Titan, as shown in the picture below.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

If I can, I'd like to cut through the vertical wire in the handle in order to remove the hornet attachment site and relocate it. Obviously I don't expect the Hornet to fire with the secondary trigger anymore, as I'm removing that too.

Can I saw through the vertical wire without sacrificing function to the Titan? Would I have to seal it off or something? Is it impossible?

Thanks in advance!
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:38 am

Sadavi5; Going by you pictures and what you've written there, then you can cut off the vertical piece safely.
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:48 am

Sadavi5 wrote:Can I saw through the vertical wire without sacrificing function to the Titan? Would I have to seal it off or something? Is it impossible?

That 'wire' is actually tubing from the pump to the hornet, to allow the use of the titan's pump to charge up the six hornet tanks. As long as you plug up that piping and divert the airflow to the titan tank, you shouldn't find any difficulties in pumping the titan up.
    If you don't plug the tubing you might find that you'll be pumping the titan much more than you would, as the air will be diverted.
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:52 am

Ah, cool. That's what I figured. Thanks!
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 am

Hey everyone. i recently made an RSCB for an air powered gun, but im having a big problem with double feed darts and even triple feed sometimes. any help?
    RL

Post  RL on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 am

Bailey wrote:Hey everyone. i recently made an RSCB for an air powered gun, but im having a big problem with double feed darts and even triple feed sometimes. any help?

What are the specifications of your barrel?

Now I don't own an RSCB, but from wide reading double feed happens when the barrel is a bit too loose. It should just fit the tip of a dart and not let it slide all the way in.

The nearest thing I own to an RSCB is an inline clip, with 15mm conduit going into 15mm PVC. I used a bit of tape to get a tight fit on the conduit to the PVC, then sanded the inside edges of the conduit so that the darts could slide in a bit easier to the dart when I'm shaking it down.
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am

okay thanks yeah im pretty sure my barrel is too loose darts can slide out of it if i shake the blaster. do you think nesting a small piece (say 2 inches) of tighter brass in the back of the barrel as a sort of tightening ring?
    RL

Post  RL on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 am

I'd say yes - but that's not conclusive. The best way to find out is to try it out yourself. But the barrel should just be tight enough for the dart to "close off" the barrel hole when you shake it down.
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

thanks very much ill give it a try
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Bailey wrote:Hey everyone. i recently made an RSCB for an air powered gun, but im having a big problem with double feed darts and even triple feed sometimes. any help?

Your barrel material is too loose.

- Brad
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Yeah i just put a couple of inches of tighter barrel material in and its working fine now, only get a double fire when i tilt it down too quickly/ hard. Thanks guys
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Russian T wrote:I wish to buy a stampede and not quite sure if it's a good gun to have can anyone help me with this decision

In my opinion, the only good thing about a STOCK stampede is the clips. Although they can tend to be bulky and ugly, they have a lot of ammo in them, great for longshots.
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:49 pm

bulletproofvest wrote:
    Russian T wrote:I wish to buy a stampede and not quite sure if it's a good gun to have can anyone help me with this decision

In my opinion, the only good thing about a STOCK stampede is the clips. Although they can tend to be bulky and ugly, they have a lot of ammo in them, great for longshots.

Very much agreed, although not so much the part about the Longshots. My (stock) Stampede sucks - I'd prefer an AT anyday. I like using the 18 clips in my AT - they just feel right somehow.
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Plenty of modding potential with the Stampede, just depends on your style of play. For around $50, you can get all the parts required to do a full upgrade, capable of hitting 65 feet or more, at flat angle with ROF of 5 rounds per second.

ie: 9 or 13kg spring, beefier return spring, improved o-ring, plunger head buffer pad, 4 x li-ion rechargeable batteries, charger, 9v snap wiring, 4 x AA battery holder. You can perform all these mods with just a soldering iron and screw-driver's.

This is the set-up I use, and there are other alternatives (ie: SLA battery etc). Also, you could probably find the parts a bit cheaper, but I doubt you could do it for under $40. Either way, it's a pretty good investment, as the batt's can be used in Swarmfire/barricade's as well.

With the upcoming sale price of $49, it's probably not a bad addition to your arsenal.

Cheers,
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Does barrel length play a role in either springer or air guns ? It's an area I'm not that familiar in, so I'm hoping someone else's expertise will help me out.
    random guy

Post  random guy on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Yes, both. If the barrel is too short the dart will not gain enogh power before leaving the barrel and lower you ranges. But if its too long friction will slow the dart before it leaves the barrel and lower your ranges.

Really you need to test different length barrels and see what works best.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 pm