If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


    The Questions Thread.

    Share
    avatar
    Echoes

    Posts : 433
    Join date : 2010-11-04
    Age : 27
    Location : Bass Hill, Sydney, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Echoes on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:56 pm

    Luke wrote:
    random guy wrote:They shouldn't. There was thread on here talking about stuff like this and it was saying that anything that a gun doesn't require to work, other than silencers/suppressors, should be fine if I remember correctly.
    Mate he asked
    But i was wondering if you post it to Australia
    So only the SELLER can tell him that not someone from Australia who is NOT selling the product.

    He was asking whether customs would confiscate the scope as an illegal item, not whether the seller would post to Australia. The seller probably wouldn't know much about Australian customs laws.

    Now to answer the question, I don't think there should be a problem. I've ordered a couple of scopes from DealExtreme with no problems. Clunk is ordering stacks of them himself. He has not reported any problems. I believe it should be fine.

    In the future, Luke, please read the posts fully before you flame (And yes, you were flaming him). It frustrates me seeing you get aggressive for no particular reason, and it happens a lot.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  clunk07 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:10 pm

    Echoes wrote:
    Luke wrote:
    random guy wrote:They shouldn't. There was thread on here talking about stuff like this and it was saying that anything that a gun doesn't require to work, other than silencers/suppressors, should be fine if I remember correctly.
    Mate he asked
    But i was wondering if you post it to Australia
    So only the SELLER can tell him that not someone from Australia who is NOT selling the product.

    He was asking whether customs would confiscate the scope as an illegal item, not whether the seller would post to Australia. The seller probably wouldn't know much about Australian customs laws.

    Now to answer the question, I don't think there should be a problem. I've ordered a couple of scopes from DealExtreme with no problems. Clunk is ordering stacks of them himself. He has not reported any problems. I believe it should be fine.

    In the future, Luke, please read the posts fully before you flame (And yes, you were flaming him). It frustrates me seeing you get aggressive for no particular reason, and it happens a lot.

    Yep, Echoes is spot-on. I've had about 30 scopes delivered in the last 6 months, and no issues. Firearm accessories that are legal to own in Australia and do not require a firearms licence will not usually be confiscated by custom's. As long as the seller offer's postage to Australia, you shouldn't have any issues with it being confiscated. Even if it is, you have every right to appeal the decision, and in that case, I can't see them not forwarding it on to yourself.

    And, Luke, it's about time you pulled your head in. This constant flaming of other's, when you offer very little yourself, is not going un-noticed by alot of the older member's. Time to lighten-up with the negative attitude. You made the comment you want to be a loco engineer, then I can guarantee you that with your current attitude, you won't have a chance in Hell. But, you've got plenty of time to turn that around, and achieve your dream career.

    Cheers,
    avatar
    TomaszBurcon

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2011-06-05
    Age : 21
    Location : byron bay nsw

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TomaszBurcon on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:14 pm

    He was asking whether customs would confiscate the scope as an illegal item, not whether the seller would post to Australia. The seller probably wouldn't know much about Australian customs laws.

    Now to answer the question, I don't think there should be a problem. I've ordered a couple of scopes from DealExtreme with no problems. Clunk is ordering stacks of them himself. He has not reported any problems. I believe it should be fine.

    In the future, Luke, please read the posts fully before you flame (And yes, you were flaming him). It frustrates me seeing you get aggressive for no particular reason, and it happens a lot.

    Yep, Echoes is spot-on. I've had about 30 scopes delivered in the last 6 months, and no issues. Firearm accessories that are legal to own in Australia and do not require a firearms licence will not usually be confiscated by custom's. As long as the seller offer's postage to Australia, you shouldn't have any issues with it being confiscated. Even if it is, you have every right to appeal the decision, and in that case, I can't see them not forwarding it on to yourself.

    And, Luke, it's about time you pulled your head in. This constant flaming of other's, when you offer very little yourself, is not going un-noticed by alot of the older member's. Time to lighten-up with the negative attitude. You made the comment you want to be a loco engineer, then I can guarantee you that with your current attitude, you won't have a chance in Hell. But, you've got plenty of time to turn that around, and achieve your dream career.

    Cheers,



    thank you
    avatar
    Russian T

    Posts : 21
    Join date : 2011-06-12
    Location : Craigieburn, VIctoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Russian T on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:00 pm

    Are rapid fire teks lost causes or can they be modded so they have so type of use because I have one and thinking should I keep it or not
    avatar
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 21
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TheBradl3s on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:04 pm

    Russian T wrote:Are rapid fire teks lost causes or can they be modded so they have so type of use because I have one and thinking should I keep it or not

    Unless you just want it to play with, don't even bother. They suck. Get a NF instead, they work so much better,

    - Brad
    avatar
    Pronga

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 33
    Location : Funky Town/Frankganistan

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Pronga on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:45 am

    I have a plan to mod a long shot front gun, since I don't have one at the moment I was hoping to find out what size they are?

    As in dimensions, Hight, Width, Depth, etc.

    Trying to see if I can fit everything into it that I plan on.
    avatar
    redcricket077

    Posts : 629
    Join date : 2010-12-31
    Age : 20
    Location : SE Suburbs Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  redcricket077 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:54 am

    Pronga wrote:I have a plan to mod a long shot front gun, since I don't have one at the moment I was hoping to find out what size they are?

    As in dimensions, Hight, Width, Depth, etc.

    Trying to see if I can fit everything into it that I plan on.

    Length - 33.5 cm
    Height - 21.5 cm
    Width - 7 cm

    avatar
    Pronga

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 33
    Location : Funky Town/Frankganistan

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Pronga on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:58 am

    redcricket077 wrote:
    Pronga wrote:I have a plan to mod a long shot front gun, since I don't have one at the moment I was hoping to find out what size they are?

    As in dimensions, Hight, Width, Depth, etc.

    Trying to see if I can fit everything into it that I plan on.

    Length - 33.5 cm
    Height - 21.5 cm
    Width - 7 cm




    Much appreciated, Google was turning up nothing.

    It'll be tight, but worth trying
    avatar
    LostBoy

    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  LostBoy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:03 am

    Can you use hot glue tipped streamlines, in a stock stampede and stock longshot?
    avatar
    Pronga

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 33
    Location : Funky Town/Frankganistan

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Pronga on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:05 am

    Yay, first question I can answer

    Yes, yes you can use hot glue tipped streamlines in a stock longshot and stampede.
    avatar
    LostBoy

    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  LostBoy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:06 am

    Pronga wrote:Yay, first question I can answer

    Yes, yes you can use hot glue tipped streamlines in a stock longshot and stampede.


    Okay, thanks mate
    avatar
    bulletproofvest

    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2010-05-29
    Age : 22
    Location : Adelaide Hills

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  bulletproofvest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 am

    LostBoy wrote:
    Pronga wrote:Yay, first question I can answer

    Yes, yes you can use hot glue tipped streamlines in a stock longshot and stampede.


    Okay, thanks mate

    LB IMO the ranges are less if you're using modded streamlines unless you have added/ replaced a spring, taken out the AR's etc
    avatar
    Darth Lai

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 20
    Location : Adelaide, South Australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Darth Lai on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:51 am

    bulletproofvest wrote:
    LostBoy wrote:
    Pronga wrote:Yay, first question I can answer

    Yes, yes you can use hot glue tipped streamlines in a stock longshot and stampede.


    Okay, thanks mate

    LB IMO the ranges are less if you're using modded streamlines unless you have added/ replaced a spring, taken out the AR's etc
    While I think this is correct, accuracy is definitely improved. Anyway, the hot glue doesn't add a lot of weight.
    avatar
    UtahR

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-04-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Nambour

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  UtahR on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 am

    Is a motor replacement a worthwhile upgrade for a 12Volt Vulcan?
    I have a 8,100 RPM 12V motor (Jaycar CAT. NO. YM2716) rattling around my parts & and tools drawer.
    Also, what type of spring to replace the standard one?


    Last edited by UtahR on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information)
    avatar
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 47
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Servulus on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:42 am

    UtahR wrote:Is a motor replacement a worthwhile upgrade for a 12Volt Vulcan?
    I have a 8,100 RPM 12V motor (Jaycar CAT. NO. YM2716) rattling around my parts & and tools drawer.
    Also, what type of spring to replace the standard one?

    There is no real reason for a motor upgrade for the vulcan, not with only the 12v battery. I am yet to burn out a motor. As for springs, i am working on that currently, i have had a vulcan shoot over 70ft, but the spring a 13kg one, was too strong and ended up tearing the plunger arm in 2. Over these school holidays (in Adelaide) i will be having new vulcan springs made to my specifications and testing them until i get one that works well and doesnt tear the arm in half.

    So stay tuned!
    avatar
    TooBz

    Posts : 474
    Join date : 2010-04-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Burwood East Melbourne Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TooBz on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:05 am

    What size BB's do you guys use in your stefans?
    avatar
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 47
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Servulus on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:07 am

    TooBz wrote:What size BB's do you guys use in your stefans?

    00 split shot sinkers, you can buy these from kmart, just go look around the fishing gear to get them.
    avatar
    UtahR

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-04-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Nambour

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  UtahR on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:08 am

    Thank you Servulus.
    I use 10 2400aAh Ni-MH batteries to run it, makes a heck of a racket.But the gun is lighter!
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  clunk07 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:45 am

    Hey Servulus,

    Any reason why you can't use li-ion batt's in a vulcan. I realise personal preference with a SLA battery, but I'm yet to see people use anything other than SLA's or AA's?

    Cheers,
    avatar
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 410
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 47
    Location : Adelaide, Australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Servulus on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 pm

    clunk07 wrote:Hey Servulus,

    Any reason why you can't use li-ion batt's in a vulcan. I realise personal preference with a SLA battery, but I'm yet to see people use anything other than SLA's or AA's?

    Cheers,

    You can run a Vulcan on the same batteries used to power a Stampede, so there is no reason why people couldnt use lithium batteries. As for myself, i prefer the weight of the SLA and with 2.2amps to pull off, it has alot of grunt too.
    avatar
    ElementGuy

    Posts : 140
    Join date : 2011-01-26
    Age : 19
    Location : Adelaide, Tea Tree Gully

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  ElementGuy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 pm

    What would the optimim length of a petg barrel for a QS with a LS and stock spring? I'm asking this question because I don't have any spare petg.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  clunk07 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 pm

    Servulus wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:Hey Servulus,

    Any reason why you can't use li-ion batt's in a vulcan. I realise personal preference with a SLA battery, but I'm yet to see people use anything other than SLA's or AA's?

    Cheers,

    You can run a Vulcan on the same batteries used to power a Stampede, so there is no reason why people couldnt use lithium batteries. As for myself, i prefer the weight of the SLA and with 2.2amps to pull off, it has alot of grunt too.

    Thanks mate, I've finally gone and got a couple of SLA's, but I'm reserving them for an A/C mod possibly in the future. Just haven't seen anyone using similar set-up as the Stampede's, and I was pretty sure you would be the "man in the know."

    Cheers,
    avatar
    sherbut222

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 18
    Location : exeter NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  sherbut222 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:19 am

    Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock
    avatar
    Luke

    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 20
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Luke on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:23 am

    sherbut222 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock
    I need more information, Can we maybe have a pick of the Internals also the plunger Tube might have a crack in it so airs leaking out. What mods have you done?
    avatar
    sherbut222

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 18
    Location : exeter NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  sherbut222 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:37 am

    Luke wrote:
    sherbut222 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock
    I need more information, Can we maybe have a pick of the Internals also the plunger Tube might have a crack in it so airs leaking out. What mods have you done?
    taken out the AR /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.SvacOD/Photo 7.jpg[img][/img] /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.Rms6RD/Photo 8.jpg/var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.wwYfj8/Photo 9.jpg
    avatar
    Luke

    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 20
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Luke on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:41 am

    avatar
    Mozart

    Posts : 622
    Join date : 2011-04-24
    Age : 25
    Location : Burnie, TAS

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Mozart on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:16 am

    sherbut222 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock

    It's a really obvious thing man, but we all make mistakes to start with.

    The dart tooth is a little piece that pops up when the bolt is back, then when you push the bolt forward, it forces the dart into the little barrel piece, making it seal better and giving it the power you're lacking.

    It's a small black piece with a spring on it, just in front of the clip. Good luck buddy.
    avatar
    LostBoy

    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  LostBoy on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 am

    Does leaving clips in *insert gun here* stuff up the gun?
    avatar
    mister_elliott

    Posts : 327
    Join date : 2011-05-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Ipswich, QLD

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  mister_elliott on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 am

    How could that possibly hurt the blaster?

    Things that will run you into trouble: Leaving a mag loaded will tire out the spring. Leaving a springer primed will tire out the spring. Leaving an air tank pressurised (don't quote me on this) could weaken the tank.

    Regardless, I'd say it's a bad idea leaving modded blasters in a 'ready to fire' state anyway.
    avatar
    who

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 20
    Location : Act or Canberra for noobs!

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  who on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:10 am

    Do the new whiteout nightfinders have the same internals as the sonic series ones?

    http://www.oznerf.com/t2550-sonic-nf-internals-not-the-same?highlight=sonic+nightfinder
    avatar
    TheBradl3s
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 512
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 21
    Location : The Awesome Adelaide!!!!!!! Rank: Goblin Welder

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TheBradl3s on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:18 am

    who wrote:Do the new whiteout nightfinders have the same internals as the sonic series ones?

    http://www.oznerf.com/t2550-sonic-nf-internals-not-the-same?highlight=sonic+nightfinder

    They have similar internals, yes. The Plunger Rod is different and sometimes has a different spring.

    - Brad
    avatar
    TooBz

    Posts : 474
    Join date : 2010-04-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Burwood East Melbourne Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TooBz on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:19 am

    sherbut222 wrote:
    Luke wrote:
    sherbut222 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock
    I need more information, Can we maybe have a pick of the Internals also the plunger Tube might have a crack in it so airs leaking out. What mods have you done?
    taken out the AR /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.SvacOD/Photo 7.jpg[img][/img] /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.Rms6RD/Photo 8.jpg/var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.wwYfj8/Photo 9.jpg

    Umm... Why is that there?
    avatar
    who

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2009-10-30
    Age : 20
    Location : Act or Canberra for noobs!

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  who on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:24 am

    TheBradl3s wrote:
    who wrote:Do the new whiteout nightfinders have the same internals as the sonic series ones?

    http://www.oznerf.com/t2550-sonic-nf-internals-not-the-same?highlight=sonic+nightfinder

    They have similar internals, yes. The Plunger Rod is different and sometimes has a different spring.

    - Brad

    Cool thanks, mine is hitting really good ranges stock.

    Brunius

    Posts : 312
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 21
    Location : Emerald, Victoria, Australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Brunius on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 am

    TooBz wrote:
    sherbut222 wrote:
    Luke wrote:
    sherbut222 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock
    I need more information, Can we maybe have a pick of the Internals also the plunger Tube might have a crack in it so airs leaking out. What mods have you done?
    taken out the AR /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.SvacOD/Photo 7.jpg[img][/img] /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.Rms6RD/Photo 8.jpg/var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.wwYfj8/Photo 9.jpg

    Umm... Why is that there?

    He's trying to reference images on the drive.
    avatar
    KingCam

    Posts : 832
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 31
    Location : Lilydale,Melbourne,Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  KingCam on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

    sherbut222 wrote:
    Luke wrote:
    sherbut222 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix my longshot i modded it recently and now it isn't shooting as far as it did stock
    I need more information, Can we maybe have a pick of the Internals also the plunger Tube might have a crack in it so airs leaking out. What mods have you done?
    taken out the AR /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.SvacOD/Photo 7.jpg[img][/img] /var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.Rms6RD/Photo 8.jpg/var/folders/Dm/DmP43N7CGFiDL-OqKPrYV++++TQ/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa0fda0.tmp.wwYfj8/Photo 9.jpg

    Here how you upload photo's on to oznerf.

    http://www.oznerf.com/t68-how-to-upload-pictures-to-oz-nerf-easy

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 am