If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar


    The Questions Thread.

    Share
    avatar
    melbnerf619

    Posts : 711
    Join date : 2011-01-22
    Age : 21
    Location : E-Hills Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  melbnerf619 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 pm

    clunk07 wrote:
    TooBz wrote:
    ZeusPwns wrote:Stock LS Breach, with either SSSpring, or BT V2 Spring, what ranges should I expect?
    Hmm... From experience with a SSSpring, I get ranges of about 105ft Flat- slightly angled like 5 degrees.

    But that's ONLY with an SSSpring. No stock spring.

    I'd guess that's with a brass breech, and most probably not using streamlines.

    Cheers,

    I think that's actually a bit over because I used the SSspring with everything stock (even ar's in), and i got 80ft with streamlines.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  clunk07 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:41 pm

    ZeusPwns wrote:Also, anyone know if i would be able to use this for my Stampede, it was sourced from a RC car, I still have the charger for it too.

    PICS:
    http://imageshack.us/g/534/picture008ns.jpg/

    EDIT: If I can't, anyone got a voltage increase kit for the stampede?

    Recommended voltage for a Stampede is over 14 volts. You can get away with a 12v SLA, but pretty sure 9.6v from a nickel battery isn't going to have enough grunt.

    I'd be impressed to see that LShot hit 80ft with streamline's and a spring replacement.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    avatar
    ZeusPwns

    Posts : 345
    Join date : 2011-06-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Melbourne, Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  ZeusPwns on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:44 pm

    Clunk, do you sell voltage kits, if you do, how much is it roughly?
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  clunk07 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:48 pm

    ZeusPwns wrote:Clunk, do you sell voltage kits, if you do, how much is it roughly?

    Mate, do you think you could do some research yourself please.

    This question thread should be used as a last resort.

    Currently, I have no charger's or batt's in stock. I will be doing an order shortly, so I should have some in stock in about 3 - 4 weeks. Batt's are $10, charger is $25, wiring kit and holder is $5.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    avatar
    RL

    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 27
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  RL on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:18 pm

    melbnerf619 wrote:
    clunk07 wrote:
    TooBz wrote:
    ZeusPwns wrote:Stock LS Breach, with either SSSpring, or BT V2 Spring, what ranges should I expect?
    Hmm... From experience with a SSSpring, I get ranges of about 105ft Flat- slightly angled like 5 degrees.

    But that's ONLY with an SSSpring. No stock spring.

    I'd guess that's with a brass breech, and most probably not using streamlines.

    Cheers,

    I think that's actually a bit over because I used the SSspring with everything stock (even ar's in), and i got 80ft with streamlines.

    That's pretty good.. but I remember with a LS/Recon spring combo I got 75 feet with streamlines.

    I think the lesson of the story is that streamlines are unreliable for accurate range testing.
    avatar
    evozn

    Posts : 396
    Join date : 2011-03-31
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Point Cook

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  evozn on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:23 pm

    Modded my Bbumb, plugged the pump, new o-ring, tape under it, put on a coupler, it won't pump

    [/url]

    avatar
    Pronga

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 33
    Location : Funky Town/Frankganistan

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Pronga on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:48 pm

    I'm trying to attach some 16mm conduit to the end of this plunger tube (from a Stampede) It's to small to go on the outside and to big to go inside.

    The brown piece on the end is as far out from the tube as I can go with anything with a larger OD than the 16mm conduit.

    Any thoughts of what I could use? (If not i'm going to run with etape and hot glue)



    avatar
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  littlebro05 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:13 pm

    PETG would probably be the better option as if your stampede has a high ROF, there's a chance that the barrel maybe a bit tight, and won't feed the dart into the barrel resulting in squishy dead darts.
    avatar
    NachoTaco

    Posts : 168
    Join date : 2011-02-07
    Age : 19
    Location : Perth WA

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  NachoTaco on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:14 pm

    evozn wrote:Modded my Bbumb, plugged the pump, new o-ring, tape under it, put on a coupler, it won't pump

    [/url]


    Make sure the firing pin is fully pushed forward. I had the same problem with mine but I hot glued the firing pin onto that plastic piece that pulls it back, and it was all good.
    avatar
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts : 2953
    Join date : 2011-02-02
    Age : 37
    Location : Blackwater, Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  clunk07 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 pm

    With the BBUMB, like posted above, it could be that the piston isn't seated all the way forwards.
    If it's not closed properly, you should feel air coming out of the tank when you pump it up.

    Otherwise, check the seal of the o-ring on the pump. It may not be sealing well enough to create air-flow to the tank.

    Cheers,


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

    CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    avatar
    Pronga

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 33
    Location : Funky Town/Frankganistan

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Pronga on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:30 pm

    littlebro05 wrote:PETG would probably be the better option as if your stampede has a high ROF, there's a chance that the barrel maybe a bit tight, and won't feed the dart into the barrel resulting in squishy dead darts.

    PETG wont work for I what I want it to, it was my first plan though (wont seal into the 20mm conduit enough).

    I think I wont have a problem with darts feeding, if it works I'll do a write up to explain.

    avatar
    Kat

    Posts : 182
    Join date : 2011-02-21
    Age : 25
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Kat on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 pm

    The problem is probably that you have tape under the oring and the seal is stoping any air from getting between the plunger and the tank.
    avatar
    melbnerf619

    Posts : 711
    Join date : 2011-01-22
    Age : 21
    Location : E-Hills Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  melbnerf619 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:41 pm

    Pronga wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:PETG would probably be the better option as if your stampede has a high ROF, there's a chance that the barrel maybe a bit tight, and won't feed the dart into the barrel resulting in squishy dead darts.

    PETG wont work for I what I want it to, it was my first plan though (wont seal into the 20mm conduit enough).

    I think I wont have a problem with darts feeding, if it works I'll do a write up to explain.


    You could use tape on the PETG to make it the same OD as the 16mm conduit.

    -James
    avatar
    evozn

    Posts : 396
    Join date : 2011-03-31
    Age : 21
    Location : Melbourne, Point Cook

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  evozn on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 pm

    NachoTaco wrote:
    evozn wrote:Modded my Bbumb, plugged the pump, new o-ring, tape under it, put on a coupler, it won't pump

    [/url]


    Make sure the firing pin is fully pushed forward. I had the same problem with mine but I hot glued the firing pin onto that plastic piece that pulls it back, and it was all good.

    clunk07 wrote:With the BBUMB, like posted above, it could be that the piston isn't seated all the way forwards.
    If it's not closed properly, you should feel air coming out of the tank when you pump it up.

    Otherwise, check the seal of the o-ring on the pump. It may not be sealing well enough to create air-flow to the tank.

    Cheers,

    Kat wrote:The problem is probably that you have tape under the oring and the seal is stoping any air from getting between the plunger and the tank.

    Thanks guys, it turned out to be the new o-ring and the tape I put in, I just put the stock one back in.

    Now it shoots great, now I have something to put my breech on

    avatar
    Pronga

    Posts : 90
    Join date : 2011-05-22
    Age : 33
    Location : Funky Town/Frankganistan

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Pronga on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm

    melbnerf619 wrote:
    Pronga wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:PETG would probably be the better option as if your stampede has a high ROF, there's a chance that the barrel maybe a bit tight, and won't feed the dart into the barrel resulting in squishy dead darts.

    PETG wont work for I what I want it to, it was my first plan though (wont seal into the 20mm conduit enough).

    I think I wont have a problem with darts feeding, if it works I'll do a write up to explain.


    You could use tape on the PETG to make it the same OD as the 16mm conduit.

    -James

    Tried that, worked ok for the first few shots. But again, due to the rate of fire (I think) it wore of.
    avatar
    boothy

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Age : 18
    Location : hoppers crossing victoria

    quad shot

    Post  boothy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 am

    i am going do do a quadshot but i dont know if the stock spring + a longshot spring would be too much.
    avatar
    redcricket077

    Posts : 629
    Join date : 2010-12-31
    Age : 20
    Location : SE Suburbs Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  redcricket077 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:39 am

    boothy wrote:i am going do do a quadshot but i dont know if the stock spring + a longshot spring would be too much.

    Shouldn't be too much at all. Depending on your strength or personal preference, you could even get spring stronger than that combo.
    avatar
    False

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2010-04-25
    Age : 19
    Location : Gold Coast, Queensland.

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  False on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am

    I was wondering if there was a general place in Kmart thar have clearance bins. I know that some stores don't even have them and some in random places, but I was wondering if there was a place were they usually are...?
    avatar
    RL

    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 27
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  RL on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 am

    Depends on your local store mate. I know my place has one at irregular times, but definitely some after big sales in July and December/January. Just consider it though, if there are no clearance bins then no one's returning stuff to your store.
    avatar
    redcricket077

    Posts : 629
    Join date : 2010-12-31
    Age : 20
    Location : SE Suburbs Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  redcricket077 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:55 am

    I found the clearance racks usually next to the Layby counters
    avatar
    Luke

    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Luke on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:09 pm

    Usually in the Garden Centre.
    avatar
    boothy

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Age : 18
    Location : hoppers crossing victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  boothy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:18 pm

    redcricket077 wrote:
    boothy wrote:i am going do do a quadshot but i dont know if the stock spring + a longshot spring would be too much.

    Shouldn't be too much at all. Depending on your strength or personal preference, you could even get spring stronger than that combo.

    thanks for the info
    avatar
    RL

    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 27
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  RL on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm

    Hmm.. well Luke and redcricket just verifies what I thought.. mine store's near the infant section. Hence I think I can safely say there's no 'set place' for clearance bins. I asked myself the same question when I first heard about clearance bins.
    avatar
    Luke

    Posts : 986
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Patterson Lakes, Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Luke on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 pm

    At every K-mart I have been to it has been in the Garden Section.

    -Luke
    avatar
    TooBz

    Posts : 474
    Join date : 2010-04-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Burwood East Melbourne Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TooBz on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm

    Luke wrote:At every K-mart I have been to it has been in the Garden Section.

    -Luke
    Same with me.
    avatar
    RL

    Posts : 697
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Age : 27
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  RL on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:46 pm

    Guess you haven't been to Hornsby KMart then
    avatar
    TooBz

    Posts : 474
    Join date : 2010-04-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Burwood East Melbourne Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TooBz on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:47 pm

    2120 wrote:Guess you haven't been to Hornsby KMart then
    I guess I haven't.
    avatar
    KingCam

    Posts : 832
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 31
    Location : Lilydale,Melbourne,Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  KingCam on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 pm

    Yeah My Kmart has the clearance racks next to the Lay buy counter.
    avatar
    abowden

    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2010-12-16
    Location : launceston

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  abowden on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 pm

    Same, it is also near the gardening equipment.
    avatar
    oxymoron

    Posts : 357
    Join date : 2010-12-19
    Age : 34
    Location : SE Brisbane, QLD

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  oxymoron on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 pm

    It's different at every store and they do move around. Just ask one of the staff where they have theirs.
    Big W and Target also have them but I have found they are usually only out on weekends and they don't have as much good stuff in them. They obviously have stricter return policies.


    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "...My presence is a present - Kiss my a$$..." K. West
    avatar
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 48
    Location : NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  oznerfnerd on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:55 pm

    boothy wrote:i am going do do a quadshot but i dont know if the stock spring + a longshot spring would be too much.

    If you mean a quadded triple shot, that spring combo is ideal.

    I am getting an easy 100-120 feet with this combo.
    avatar
    jordy_tha_ninja

    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2011-08-19
    Age : 22
    Location : wangaratta

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  jordy_tha_ninja on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:40 pm

    TomaszBurcon wrote:ok cool so how much do stampedes with clips go for ???
    and i have a maverick and i have done Russian rulet mod to it
    and now it wont line up the the air tank thingy and doesn't shoot.
    what i have i done wrong ?
    Make sure that the whole plunger assembly is far enough forward, it has a little slot it clips into.

    Tegore

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2011-08-24

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Tegore on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 am

    Hi all,

    I unassembled my Raider CS-35 so I could paint it, but there's one component that I have no idea where it goes, I forgot to record where it went.

    Does anybody know where this piece goes?


    Thanks.
    avatar
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  littlebro05 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:51 am

    Tegore wrote:Hi all,

    I unassembled my Raider CS-35 so I could paint it, but there's one component that I have no idea where it goes, I forgot to record where it went.

    Does anybody know where this piece goes?


    Thanks.

    Sorry I can't help but for future reference, you should definitely take a picture of the internals as you take it out so you know what to put back in and stuff. It really helps.
    avatar
    Kat

    Posts : 182
    Join date : 2011-02-21
    Age : 25
    Location : Sydney, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Kat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 am

    I believe they are the locks.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 am