Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+110
Sharkovsky
tacticalnerfer
JeremyArifin
lama9800
Sillyf1car
Tarquin
joshredder
Echoes
Haaron05
Yoman987
DaftYoshi
Mobslut
Kaine
Darkden84
ZeusPwns
Rooksy
Napolean
AbyssHD
FrostCheif
Apex Weapons
Generous
lech
Acerised
GLMC
dchil15
ShadowSniper
WH1PLA5H
boothy
FatherTime
Sicnut
-mirsho
asianassassin325
grimrecka
dafalcon
Nooft1187
|Shadow|
Bacara
natious
IamWaylander
iamthatcat
TheTrueMcMuffin
TylerMaxwell
NORTHENGHOST
Sheepie_125
Philb2323
stoph
N.W.A.T
inPhamous
againstallodds
makeitgo
cfb_rolley
thestick
Bommah
revo
melbourneSTORM4eva
Sir_Spacemonkey
mister_elliott
Sairex
sniperdude49
frostythesnowman
slender
Jeo
JacobYeah
Johnnus
Ungodlyfreak
Samurai
littlebro05
holdentem
Swatsonia
KingCam
oxymoron
GirlyGamer
Joey
melbnerf619
camo1010
LostBoy
abowden
PhantomSambo
UtahR
Sadavi5
evozn
interflop
WV17
spudkopf
False
Dietzie
plulse
Psychosis
Mozart
Akimbo Assassin
Photo Ninja
matt.chopper
redcricket077
phuonguyen
RL
Genacon
gooni
TooBz
ElementGuy
obrieal
Unknown
Silent Scope
SnowDragon
boosted6
Zinv
Frankie27
Luke
clunk07
TheBradl3s
Winterstrike
114 posters

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  JacobYeah Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 am

Sairex wrote:im very very tired. but it looks like you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot.

Ha
    Luke
    Luke

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty Re: The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed

Post  Luke Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 am

littlebro05 wrote:At least he tried. Luke you probably didn't see that PETG barrel. So that's how it's an RSCB. A nerfer of your experience should have at least seen that.

You could probably do better with a longer PETG barrel though. Make that priming part of your blaster shorter. If you guys didn't notice but all those assumptions you made about it not being air tight. If it was even remotely not air tight, the dart would fire like 2 metres lol.
    Did you bother to check the post edit time? No, the original post said this,

sniperdude49 wrote:Heres my Rscb Longshot:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Hni_0012

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Hni_0013
    So of course I didn't see it, because it wasn't even there,
    A nerfer of your experience should have at least checked the post edit date before you attack someone.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:42 am

As much as I don't want to get involved in this, Luke is actually right in this case. From what was originally posted no one was able to tell how or if it worked.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 am

I'm just merely defend sniperdude49 for his efforts =).
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty Thanks

Post  sniperdude49 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:29 am

littlebro05 wrote:I'm just merely defend sniperdude49 for his efforts =).

Once again thanks Littlebro05
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:54 am

Id love to see a demo video of this longshot sniperdude....
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty ill try

Post  sniperdude49 Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

JacobYeah wrote:Id love to see a demo video of this longshot sniperdude....

Ok ill try but its broken right now you know the end of the plunger the opposite side to the plunger head well that snapped so I'm fixing it with epoxy putty. So I might post it a bit later
    False
    False

Post  False Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:20 am

Not a blaster but it was for teh lulz:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img1760j
    By false_ at 2012-01-10
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img1761l
    By false_ at 2012-01-10

The black one was my first and the text looks baad. The blue one would have been cool except the text got messed up. Can you see what the blue one was supposed to say?

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img1765ti

Fixed that sh*t up!

Last edited by False on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm working on a new homemade
    I'm building the blaster around the military variant of the Remington 700, known as the M24.
    Everything is still rough, and the stock still needs major attention, It will be powered by a bypass tank in the stock of the blaster, connected directly to an air compressor. Internals still need to be made including the tank, connection, trigger mech and tubes to the breech.
    Pictures will be up once this is finished.
    (Don't worry Littlebro05 this this will not be leaving my house!)

WIP!

Breech closed
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img_2210
    Breech open
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img_2211
    Breech assembly
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img_2212
    Breech barrel and WIP stock
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img_2213

feel free to ask any questions

-Nick
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 am

I'm sure more work will be done on this one very quickly but I figured I'd update people on a rather odd project I'm doing for a customer called the LPA Shiranui. It's for my first fan, who's using it mostly as a display piece, so aesthetics are the important part. The concept drawing is by the customer via PimpMyGun.com...

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Lpa_sh10

... and this is the work I've done on it so far.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Latest10

Since he wanted to keep it fairly cheap, it's based on a Recon instead of a more obviously appropriate Stampede, which is a shame since getting the Recon to house that Cylinder clip was a pain in the ass and I had to destroy the rechambering mechanism to do it. In the end I essentially singled the Recon (unintentionally using a method popularized by Drac), but the clip remains the housing for the darts, so you just push the darts into the chamber via the jam door as they come up instead of inserting them through the door one-by-one. It can also be loaded from the front. Lacquering, singling, and re-chambering together give the gun (give or take) 45 or so feet flat, which isn't bad considering the guy didn't even need a power boost. The barrel extension is a cut-down Recon barrel which needs a lot of work until it looks right. The stock is off of a Shotblast and needs a ton of work. However, it's coming along fairly well, methinks, and I can't wait to get this thing finished. S'gonna look awesome.
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 am

that things cool

what did you use for the clip grip thing? it intrigues me
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 am

Given that it says Tornado Strike on it, I'd take a punt that it's from a Tornado Strike.
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 am

Jeo is indeed correct, the cylinder is the pump off of a Tornado Strike. The clip inside is a 4-dart shortened mod of the regular clip with a slightly higher platform for easier manual chambering. It's affixed to the Tornado strike pump interior with a preliminary layer of hot glue and permanent layers of Epoxy Putty and Epoxy (different places required either direct or supported contact).
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

Paint for now, i'm not repainting, after the kg war i will be touching up, this is because i need it for Sunday and don't have time at the moment for a good job, it is ok but it will be better.

specs

Longshot W/Front gun Integration
    Ls specs: reinforced catch, reinforced trigger, reinforced bolt sled, spring is a stock ls with a recon spring added, catch spring upgraded,

this are the pics i can get at the moment, blaster will be built either late tonight or tomorrow.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 DSC04781
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 am

My snap carbine Mini one coming soon.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img_0111
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 am

Any chance you could post up some PVC sizes and/or pictures of your plunger set up? I'm assuming that's 40mm PVC or 32mm downpipe with a bathplug?
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 am

Just 32mm PVC with a 3/8s washer the flare the plug.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 am

So the plug didn't fit without the washers to flare it out? What size is that plunger tube and the size for your plunger?

I was just watching andtheherois's video on his carbine and decided I wanted one : )
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 am

32mm PVC plunger tube and 32mm plug plunger head
    Bommah
    Bommah

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty First Modifications!

Post  Bommah Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am

I bought a Nerf Nitefinder today, as soon as I took it home I started taking it apart and modifying it. This is the first successful mod I've ever done to a nerf gun. I just did some fairly basic mods"
    I added a spring from the Longshot frontgun,
    removed all the electronics,
    completely minimized it,
    knocked out all of the air restrictor,
    put tape under the O-ring and re-lubed,
    I also taped the two parts of the extra dart holders to the sides so I can now carry four extra darts on the gun.
    Here are some pictures:

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Photo_18
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Photo_17
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Photo_19

I'm also gonna try and get my hands on some epoxy to better hold the dart holders and I may paint it in the future if i can get some money for paint.
    thestick
    thestick

Post  thestick Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Looks good mate.

All you need now is a c836 spring and a new barrel
    Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Haha sounds cool and all but I have absolutely no idea what that spring is or where to get one. I also have no idea how to make barrels and whatnot.
    thestick
    thestick

Post  thestick Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

The spring comes from Bunnings, ask a staff member where the spring are.

While you are there the epoxy adhesives are in the paint area. Get the 3 day stuff.

New barrels are easy there is heaps of info on the forums here on them.
    Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks, Ill get to that sometime.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:15 am

Unknown wrote:Any chance you could post up some PVC sizes and/or pictures of your plunger set up? I'm assuming that's 40mm PVC or 32mm downpipe with a bathplug?

I'm in the process of creating one at the moment as well, the sizes you need are 32mm PVC, with a 25mm PVC piston. It's very easy to adapt from the original design, but I offset the bathplug onto a chopped down 15mm coupler to offset the bathplug from the bolt, but I am using a grey 32mm ringpul, not the standard solid red bathplug.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 am

Sadavi5 wrote:I'm sure more work will be done on this one very quickly but I figured I'd update people on a rather odd project I'm doing for a customer called the LPA Shiranui. It's for my first fan, who's using it mostly as a display piece, so aesthetics are the important part. The concept drawing is by the customer via PimpMyGun.com...

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Lpa_sh10

... and this is the work I've done on it so far.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Latest10

Since he wanted to keep it fairly cheap, it's based on a Reucon instead of a more obviously appropriate Stampede, which is a shame since getting the Recon to house that Cylinder clip was a pain in the ass and I had to destroy the rechambering mechanism to do it. In the end I essentially singled the Recon (unintentionally using a method popularized by Drac), but the clip remains the housing for the darts, so you just push the darts into the chamber via the jam door as they come up instead of inserting them through the door one-by-one. It can also be loaded from the front. Lacquering, singling, and re-chambering together give the gun (give or take) 45 or so feet flat, which isn't bad considering the guy didn't even need a power boost. The barrel extension is a cut-down Recon barrel which needs a lot of work until it looks right. The stock is off of a Shotblast and needs a ton of work. However, it's coming along fairly well, methinks, and I can't wait to get this thing finished. S'gonna look awesome.
    Man, a lightning storm stock would look awesome on that. Or you could add a brace piece to the shot blast stock to make it more like the concept. I really like what you did with the barrel extension!
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:33 am

Swatsonia wrote:
    Unknown wrote:Any chance you could post up some PVC sizes and/or pictures of your plunger set up? I'm assuming that's 40mm PVC or 32mm downpipe with a bathplug?

I'm in the process of creating one at the moment as well, the sizes you need are 32mm PVC, with a 25mm PVC piston. It's very easy to adapt from the original design, but I offset the bathplug onto a chopped down 15mm coupler to offset the bathplug from the bolt, but I am using a grey 32mm ringpul, not the standard solid red bathplug.

I'm having an issue with mine at the moment, I did use the grey plug but it was shedding it the pt, and I switched to the red one. But now I need to up my spring power to cope with the new seal BUT it wont catch.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 am

Putting a compression spring behind the metal L bracket should help with catching issues.
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:43 am

For the aesthetics people, here's a hell of a project for yeh!

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Avalon10

The picture itself is sorta sucky but the gun came out pretty damn great if I do say so myself. Steampunk plasma gauss hybrid rifle. I call 'er the Avalon. Took out the peg and the door in the front so it can take any kind of dart now, but otherwise just remotely post-standard ranges for a Hunter. Still, figured y'all might enjoy it... and hey, this is a flaunt thread. :p
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty Mortar Pistol: Official modded name TBA

Post  makeitgo Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 am

WIP

As it is right now until I can get back to it. This thing has so much potential!!
    I've modded it to fire many types of ammo. Write up(s) coming soon. The [size=120][b]"Mortar Pistol" is full of surprises!!!

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img4478k

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img4479m

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img4486y

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Img4487d
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:58 am

That's just badass
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 am

So here's a weird one for yeh. Every six months, I retire my unsold/ungifted/unspoken-for guns to 'The Box', where they fester for another six months, during which time I can either reuse the base or destroy the base to use in combination with other guns. After a full year has passed, I do what gets done with anything I don't touch for a year; I throw it out.

I was toying around with my dismembered, destroyed once-impressive BB Doubleshot earlier today, and upon 'breaking' it, put it in the infamous pile, which I gathered to throw out along with a lot of fodder I hadn't used for a full year.

And then it occured to me. Since I wasn't gonna use it anymore anyway... why not use it now?

The result is the WTFG, or "What The **** Gun". I dunno if I'm gonna keep that name... anyway, it's a BBDS base with the shell AR's drilled, the back holes opened up, the seal inside the shell closed off better, a shorter barrel for the gun, and then a bunch of cosmetic stuff all done with, effectively, my trash. Parts came off of busted Nitefinders, Shell Shocks, Dual Fires, plus just random junk that I honestly thought I'd never want to ever use. I also switched the darts out for metal-shavings-weighted Lanard short darts, which, combined with the shell and body mods, are getting hiked a little more than 45 feet flat... way better than my old DS mod ever got. Plus, it's got on-board storage for 12 darts now, and can fire practically any type of dart that isn't Streamline or Whistler.

Might give it a more intricate paintjob later, but right now I'm happy with it. I'll probably go in with some highlighting silver and some darker chrome just to give it a more metal feel.

Anyway, no more ado. Here she is: The WTFG.

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Wtfgun11

Last edited by Sadavi5 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Have you thought of selling them instead of throwing them out? (sounds like you'd make a killing ^_^)
    False
    False

Post  False Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 pm

^Lulwut?

Also, is it just me, or does it keep saying that Sadavi5 posted in here recently?
    againstallodds
    againstallodds

The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 Empty stampede

Post  againstallodds Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:46 pm

my stampede
    The Flaunt your blasters thread - Light discussion allowed - Page 5 1NkRS

Last edited by againstallodds on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 am