Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Vulcano glove mkII

Ungodlyfreak
    Ungodlyfreak

Vulcano glove mkII Empty Vulcano glove mkII

Post  Ungodlyfreak Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Here's my second attempt at a wrist mounted vulcan. The vulcan itself is overvolted, has AR removal and has a larger spring (5.8kg). Ranges are roughly double stock and RoF is slightly higher than stock, though its only running 12v at present. I hope to run it at near 16v via trustfires. I am also attempting to create an ammo box that will hold a 100 round belt, though this is more likely to end up on another vulcan, one that isn't wrist mounted. I am still having some huge issues with jamming and am going to open up the shell to check i haven't balls'd up the internals when i took it all apart. What's currently happening is that the belt just won't feed most of the time. Has anyone else experienced this, or know a solution?
    In the photos, you'll notice two red wires coming out the top of the front of the gun. This connects to either a left or right handed glove trigger mechanism, and I will later make a motion sensor sentry mount for it that plugs into the same place. Basically, these wires go to a modular trigger system. You will also notice the cable coming out the base. This leads to an external battery pack (the same one i use for my stampede and as-20) and can be unplugged in favor of a shorter cord for some other batteries once i get them.
    Vulcano glove mkII 260549_244058575605010_100000026078598_1034798_4622199_n
    Vulcano glove mkII 260549_244058572271677_100000026078598_1034797_4290059_n
    Vulcano glove mkII 260549_244058568938344_100000026078598_1034796_1968328_n
    Vulcano glove mkII 260549_244058565605011_100000026078598_1034795_1890574_n
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Vulcano glove mkII Empty Re: Vulcano glove mkII

Post  Servulus Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Interesting idea, but just a couple of things you might want to consider:

1) You will still need the lid to keep the belt from falling out.

2) You should consider a bar from the bottom of the ammo box linking to the other side of the vulcan, and some plate to connect to the underside of the vulan to keep the ammo box in place. This is because the ammo boxes have a tendency to fall off easily.

3) And lastly, I am about to do a test with springs for the vulcan and will have the best ones for sale soon. My vulcan killer was a 13kg spring but was consistently getting 70ft... but it was so strong that it was tearing the plunger arms in half.

But keep at it.
    Ungodlyfreak
    Ungodlyfreak

Post  Ungodlyfreak Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Servulus wrote:Interesting idea, but just a couple of things you might want to consider:

1) You will still need the lid to keep the belt from falling out.

2) You should consider a bar from the bottom of the ammo box linking to the other side of the vulcan, and some plate to connect to the underside of the vulan to keep the ammo box in place. This is because the ammo boxes have a tendency to fall off easily.

3) And lastly, I am about to do a test with springs for the vulcan and will have the best ones for sale soon. My vulcan killer was a 13kg spring but was consistently getting 70ft... but it was so strong that it was tearing the plunger arms in half.

But keep at it.
    I will probably bastardise some sort of lid to stop the belts falling out. At the moment, you can't lift the top up to put in a new belt, you have to feed it in by hand through the side. I'm still working on a way to be able to open it up and clip it back down again as the wrist mount gets in the way of this.
    WIth the box, i was planning on actually connecting it on both sides of the vulcan, so that there is a place to catch the belt as it comes out (which you would be needing on the 90th shot). As in some sort of clamp or something. It would actually screw into the sides of the blaster, not just clip in lightly.
    I am amazed that you could stick such an enormous spring in it. I wouldn't really be game enough to stick something that huge in a vulcan.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Ungodlyfreak wrote:
    I am amazed that you could stick such an enormous spring in it. I wouldn't really be game enough to stick something that huge in a vulcan.

Yes but you probably dont have 10 Vulcans either. But it wasnt so much about the load of the spring, it is for me all about trying to get the most out of it. I am currently having a 12, 11, 10 and a 9kg vulcan spring being made and vulcans will die... die they will until the day one survives and that one, that one will have the spring that I will be selling soon afterwards!

Now as for 90 shot long belts, have you tried that weight yet on your wrist? If not, i think your about to find out just how heavy these belts can be. I currently have about 30 vulcan belts and have found that 50 shot long is best for weight and maneuverability. Also, you will need a massive box for 100 shot belts too, so that will be a huge box on either side.

I think your idea is good for shorter belts but at the upper end i think you might be overdoing it without a shoulder strap.
    Ungodlyfreak
    Ungodlyfreak

Post  Ungodlyfreak Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Servulus wrote:I am currently having a 12, 11, 10 and a 9kg vulcan spring being made and vulcans will die... die they will until the day one survives and that one, that one will have the spring that I will be selling soon afterwards!

Now as for 90 shot long belts, have you tried that weight yet on your wrist? If not, i think your about to find out just how heavy these belts can be. I currently have about 30 vulcan belts and have found that 50 shot long is best for weight and maneuverability. Also, you will need a massive box for 100 shot belts too, so that will be a huge box on either side.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to start out small, and work your way up to the point they start breaking, then go for more rigorous testing?
    Also, after thinking about it, i dropped the idea of using the 100 round belt on the wrist mount (like i said) and was thinking more for a normal vulcan.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 am

As for starting small and working up, that is difficult because of the springs i found from the spring manufacturers they were jumping in strength, i went to the strongest group i had and then there was one at about 6kg then the next was 13kg. And well i am not scared of breaking things as you learn more from something breaking than if nothing breaks at all.

From a design and trial error point of view, you typically will find the breaking point. Lastly, for me at least vulcans are quite cheap, so cost wise i dont care if they break.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:59 am

Servulus wrote:As for starting small and working up, that is difficult because of the springs i found from the spring manufacturers they were jumping in strength, i went to the strongest group i had and then there was one at about 6kg then the next was 13kg. And well i am not scared of breaking things as you learn more from something breaking than if nothing breaks at all.

From a design and trial error point of view, you typically will find the breaking point. Lastly, for me at least vulcans are quite cheap, so cost wise i dont care if they break.

+ If you got da money why not go trial and error. That's how I use to mod back in the day lol.
    retrias
    retrias

Post  retrias Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Whoa, I just seen this thing, Nerf terminator Autocannon? and here I thought I have seen nearly every mods
    nod07
    nod07

Post  nod07 Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 am

mite be a bit late to the story but for a ammo box you could try putting a big container on the bottom and have it lock in to the part where the tri pod locked in that should stop it jaming a bit
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Please don't necro old threads.

Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm