Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+15
SnowDragon
camo1010
heist
SuctionCup
DCman1314
night stalker
lefty
Nerf_Guy_Matt
Unknown
Sairex
mister_elliott
Switchblade
Dietzie
plulse
littlebro05
19 posters

War Complete

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

War Complete Empty War Complete

Post  littlebro05 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Why is this called Speed Foam Warfare? Just because there is artificial 'cover' placed around the field and the battlefield is small (40m by 20m)! You will have to be on your feet as staying in one place will result in destruction and massacre!

Basis

Speed #1:
    Only 70-75% of your team will be on the field. Respawn rules are that when someone 'is shot', they must return to base and swap with the next person who is waiting in line for their 'turn'. When they reach the respawn point, they must tag the next person in line back into the game. Obviously, one factor for calling it 'speed' is because you must return to base as quickly as possible to get your team going. (Note: If there is large numbers - this rule will apply)

Speed #2:
    Being a small playing field, you have to be quick on your feet. Staying in one place may results in a charge or rush causing a massacre (if there are a few in the same spot). It is recommended to split up to run to complete the objective while supporting your team mates through coverfire, distraction and division.

Speed #3:
    Here is a sample of what the battlefield will look like. Yes it has changed since I have more tarps and stakes. Each short tarp placed vertically is incremented in 10metre lengths. The field will be slightly longer lengthways, the width will stay the same. 40metres by 20metres

War Complete MapIdea3

McCaskie Park, Blamey Street, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, 4059

...Time
    9AM-4PM

Dart Hire (compulsory)
    Provided by littlebro05 - $10 per person.
    - Darts will include, weighted snap cap darts and silicone tips.

Dart Blaster Hire (optional)
    Provided by littlebro05:

Updates on Gun Hire:

For those who have friends who don't have a blaster or if you bring a blaster and it isnt' up to your standard you can hire the following the blasters I will only be bringing a few though.

For $15 - You get Furyfire
    -> 35-50ft
    -> Dart Hire
    -> Ten Round Capacity

Dart Purchase (optional)
    It is available after the war, you will get a mixture of silicone and snap cap darts. It will cost you $10 extra per person to get 100 darts. Then if you want more darts (per person) it will cost you $20 per 100 darts. If you have a friend, it will be better to split the cost if you want 200.

General Warring Rules and Etiquette
    1. If you are hit by a dart in ANY part of the body, you are OUT (Hit)
    2. If your gun is hit, you are OUT (Gun Hit)
    3. If you hit someone and they continue to play, call them out.
    4. Don't cheat in general, it's a game of tag.
    5. Don't argue with the person who calls a hit on you.
    6. Report to one of the organisers about a possible cheater and we will monitor them to see if they continue to do so.
    7. Minimum engagement range = 2-3metres | For Air Blasters it’s 8metres
    (NOTE: If the person charges YOU, you are able to shoot them at a close engagement range. However, if you charge at them - you will be given a warning)
    8. Range Limit of 120ft (40’ish metres) - Big Blasts and Titans are banned.
    9. EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY (You will most definitely need it in this war as the darts are flying at a higher velocity than HvZ blasters)
    10. Melee weapons are allowed IF it is made from very soft foam. If you are to meet or sneak on a player and you have no weapon, just place your hand on there should to say I’ve got you. This is to avoid close shooting encounters from high end blasters
    11. You are NOT allowed to pick up darts when you are dead or ‘tagged’. You can pick up darts when you are alive.
    12. In case of a situation where both players have shot each other near or at the same time – this is a double kill. Both players must return to the safe zone / or respawn point.
    13. When you are shot – you are NOT allowed to communicate with other players. Dead people can’t talk.
    14. If children or anybody walks across the field, please halt your fire and screamout 'STOP' and continue the chain to yelling until the kids or other people are off to the field.
    15. Please don't take the game too literally and get to serious about it. Nor boast about how good you are, no one likes arrogance or someone who is taking it way seriously. Be casual about it, it's just a game and we're here to have some fun.

Game Types
    1. Team Deathmatch (Warm-Up) - Only a few rounds, shoot the shit out of each other
    2. Capture the Flag
    3. Retrieve and Retain - A new game type that may last up to an hour of solid gameplay!
    4. Demolition - NEW GAME TYPE - A reverse game of Retrieve and Retain. Put the bomb back into the enemies base and make sure they don't move it and keep it away from your base --> Credit goes to sitras on this one
    5. Pistol Round combined with CTF / Retrieve and Retain / Defend and Destroy - MAKE SURE YOU BRING SINGLE SHOT PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS
    6. HvZ - decided on votes of who wants to participate. There's always mixed people

PISTOL SIZED BLASTERS INCLUDE:

1. Wipeout Pistol
    2. Stormfire
    3. Nitefinder
    4. Barricade
    5. Maverick
    6. Spectre
    7. Furyfire
    8. X-Shot Pistol
    9. Tek One
    10. Recon WITHOUT Stock or Barrel attachment (even though those bits are useless anyway - just trying to run with the hand gun only theme)
    11. Scout IX-3
    12. Speedload 6
    13. Dart Tag Gun (Hyperfire)
    14. Element EX-6
    15. Dart Tag Sharpshot
    16. Tech Target Pistol
    17. X-Shot Turbofire

Banned Blasters
    - Singled OR RSCB'd Big Blasts
    - Singled OR RSCB'd Berserkers
    - Singled OR RSCB'd Titans
    - Anything that can shoot across the field (40metres) at a slightly flat angled
    - Anything that can penetrate 'more than' 2 layers of cardboard - guns will be tested if it suspiscious of doing that sort of damage. Note if only shoots 30 metres but can do that, then it's still usable. If not, well yeah lol.
    - Air Blasters that have a barrel length of 40cm or more.

Housekeeping
    - If in between game breaks and you are you 'popping of shots', ONLY shoot within the field as we do not want accidents happening by accidentally shooting a non player.
    - If you arrive early, please help set up. Bring a mallet. I will print out the format of where the stakes should be hammered,
    - At the end of the day, stay AT LEAST until all the darts have been sweeped off the field and all the tarps have been taken down. I will give instructions at the end of the day.
    - EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY, IF YOU GOT NONE - YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE
    - If this is your first time attending a war, please bring a blaster (and a spare one) that has AT LEAST the AR removal, these darts will not fire effectively if you have not at least done that modification. Use google, if you need help.

Attendees
    A list of attendees. If you are willing or might be participating in this war, REPLY to this thread stating the following. Age, any extra friends who are coming and Arsenal of EACH player. Arsenals included modifications on the blaster. Our age limit here is 12YO. So I know a rough estimate of how many darts I need to bring.

- littlebro05 (Age 19), Arsenal - RSCB'd Triple Shot (100ft) + NiteFinder (80ft) (overhauled) [Used for pistol rounds also]
    - plulse (Age 13), Arsenal - HC / Inline Quadshot (100ft-120ft)+ Overhauled Nitefinder (100ft)[Used for pistol rounds also]
    - oogles99 (Age 13) - BBUMB RSCB (120ft) + NF
    - jo nerf (Age 15), Arsenal - Longshot (50ft) + Recon (50ft)
    - jo nerf *friend (Age 15) - Recon ARR (50ft)
    - heist (Age 24) Arsenal - Longshot (60-75ft) + X-Shot Turbofire (60ft)
    - Shayn (Age 17) Arsenal - Alpha Trooper (50ft) + Scout (35ft)
    - mister_elliot (Age 22) Arsenal - BBLS (120ft) OR Stampede (65-80ft)
    - Cody (Age 20) Arsenal - Alpha Trooper Modded (60ft)
    - Sairex (Age 18) Arsenal - AT modified (50-60ft)
    - Unknown (Age 13) Arsenal - Octo (100ft), + LS (80ft) + NF (70ft)
    - lefty Dad and Son (Age 13+) - Longshot (120ft) + ShotBlast (110ft)
    - lefty's friend's kid - Shot Blast (110ft)
    - DCMan1314 (Age 13) Arsenal - Recon ARR (50ft)
    - SuctionCup (Age 13) Arsenal - ??
    - Gazman (Age 13) Arsenal - ??
    - Totoboy44 (Age 13) Arsenal - ??
    - Wolf (Age 13) Arsenal - ??
    - SnowDragon (Age 19) Arsenal - ??

Maybe Attendees: Maybe attendees suck! Get your ass attended!
    - Dietzie (Age 27), Arsenal - ??
    - MackAttack (Age 17) Arsenal - Stampede (65-80ft)
    - littlebro05 cousin (Age 15) Arsenal - AT (50ft-60ft) + NF (55-70ft)
    - Nerf_Guy_Matt(Age 13) Arsenal - ??
    - Nerf_Guy_Matt friend (Age 13) Arsenal - ??
    - night stalker (Age 12+?) Arsenal - ??
    - heist + 1 (alex?) Arsenal - ??
    - mister_elliot Krystal (Age ??) Arsenal - ??

Last Months Attendees - 27 people (soem people missing in photo aye inf0rm3r and oxy, heheheheahahaha)

Promotion Video! Hope that gets your spirits revved up for the next war

heist Drink Sales!

Are you too lazy to walk across the shopping centre to buy yourself a drink? heist is the man for you! He will be selling cans of soda for $1 each. You read right! $1 each. Available throughout the course of the day. Damn it's convenient!

Last edited by littlebro05 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 am; edited 16 times in total
    plulse
    plulse

War Complete Empty Re: War Complete

Post  plulse Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 pm

count me in.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:31 pm

If I have the new engine in my car by then I will be there.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Nerf Battlefield has been updated. I did notice that the flags were a 'little' to close to each other being approximately 20metres apart. What made it worse was the spawn point was 10metres from the flag. Which made games types such as R&R impossible to regain the package.

So I decided to make the spawn point about 20-25metres away from the objective / base for these game types. There is cover in random bits, but still symmetrical. The cover will provide a chance for attacking and defending teams => in which the attack isn't always head on since the spawn point isn't so close to the objective / base. The flags will now be approximately 25metres from the spawn point of the team's base, and 40metres away from the spawn point of the enemy team. You will see what I mean below.

War Complete MapIdea4

If anyone could bring a mallet along it would help considerably when setting up the battlefield thanks :).

P.S. diagram is out of scale. Each section the side tarps are on is 10metres apart.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:42 pm

In. Weapons- take a guess

Also, GAMETYPE IDEA!!! This is sorta fashioned from a laser skirmish game I played like 5 years ago. It goes sorta like this.

You have the 'objective' in the middle of the field, round set at, lets say 5 minutes. Not the team that has the objective at the end wins, BUTTT that also means that if the enemy steals your sheit in the last 10 seconds and secures it, they win. This means that you ALWAYS have to stay on the defencive, ASWELL as on the attack, in this gametype, last ditch bum-rushing may just be your key to vistory.

Just a suggestion, might not translate well from skirmish to nerf, but worth a shot
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Haha, Switch if you read above that's the gametype we were actually going to do because sitras mentioned it to me! Except we're going to try to 'bomb their base' which makes it harder. Since they're more closer to their base than the attacking team. Although your idea might work abit better since less <Censored>, we shall work it out on the day. So does that mean you're in?
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 am

Updates on my arm usage. I will be using them both Seriously though Most likely be my Quadshot (100ft+) as my LS is only getting 80-90 with my current spring package.
    Pistol will be my Mav as it is the less weak of my pistols.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:31 am

Nomonomonom Quadshot.

Updates on banned blasters for KELVIN GROVE WARS ONLY.

- Singled OR RSCB'd Big Blasts
    - Singled OR RSCB'd Berserkers
    - Singled OR RSCB'd Titans
    - Anything that can shoot across the field (40metres) at a slightly flat angled
    - Anything that can penetrate 'more than' 2 layers of cardboard - guns will be tested if it suspiscious of doing that sort of damage. Note if only shoots 30 metres but can do that, then it's still usable. If not, well yeah lol.
    - Air Blasters that have a barrel length of 40cm or more.

(Note: ShotGun Shells are allowed to be used with the above banned blasters. Must have more than 2 barrels to be acceptable).
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:28 pm

littlebro05 wrote:- Anything that can shoot across the field (40metres) at a slightly flat angled

Why not just leave it at that lol? Automatically eliminates the high end air blasters. :p

I'm pumped for this war. Already thinking about tactics.
    Sairex
    Sairex

Post  Sairex Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:51 pm

looks like a lot of fun, depending on work i should be there

and 21st gives me time to work on my Alpha Trooper.

be great to finally actively do something with my collection other than them sitting on a shelf and me shooting my housemates. lol
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 am

Alright. I know there are more of you out there. Post a reply if you're going to maybe or are going to attend this war. Thanks guys =). This new map should make games harder and more challenging.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:30 am

I should be there with the Octo, LS and NF. (100, 80 and 70)
    Nerf_Guy_Matt
    Nerf_Guy_Matt

Post  Nerf_Guy_Matt Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 am

I might be coming and if si i might bring a friend
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:31 am

Is this one on facebook?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:38 am

It sure is. Facebook event in the Link Below:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254153221265107
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:12 pm

We'll be there, 4 players. Shotblast 100, BB LS 100 and some other stuff.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Add me as a mybe
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Went to an old mate of mine's place today, happened to spot a maverick lying helplessly behind a door which started a convo. Turns out that broface cody has a stock AT, knows how to use it, has access to about a million CS mags, and is keen for war. His housemate has a stock stampede and LS, he's a maybe, and another mate is an even more maybe.

So confirm a +1. Maybe +2 more, but i highly doubt it since one is fickle and unreliable, and the other is a white collar ricer that probably has better things to do with his time.

But it's looking good.

Yeah LB i told him about eye gear... :p
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:34 am

Alright we have an attendance list of 11 players. I know there are more of you out there. Please post a reply if you're coming.

We had 18-20 at the salisbury war, let's make Kelvin Grove a big one!

BBQ available. What's on the menu will be decided by the end of Friday.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Only 9 attendees so far? I believe bumpage is in order.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Only 11 Attendee's so far? I also believe another bumpage is required. We have 18 'attending' members from Facebook. However, usually only half of them come. And that half, is the other half of these forums LOL.
    DCman1314
    DCman1314

Post  DCman1314 Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Yep i'm going! My friend is bringing us (Night Stalker) also he his bringing (suctioncup) (Gazman) and some guest I think.

Last edited by DCman1314 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong person!)
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Ah, I know you. I was that admin on Suction's forum, remember me?

Also, I don't know if he's RSVP'ed yet, but Wolf will be coming.
    DCman1314
    DCman1314

Post  DCman1314 Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Unknown wrote:Ah, I know you. I was that admin on Suction's forum, remember me?

Also, I don't know if he's RSVP'ed yet, but Wolf will be coming.

Yep thats me! me and suctioncup are good friends
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:56 am

Yeah, I'm coming. My sister might be coming too. She came to a war a while ago, along with totoboy44's sis, and they all had a great time!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 am

You might want to tell her that this war might hurt because we are using relatively stronger blasters this time around.
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:02 am

Just a quick note to say Aidan's nightfinder was returned and thanks to all who responded.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 am

+1 Cody, Friend, age 20ish, AR removed AT and about a billion mags of various types. I'll get him to bring boxing gloves for melee backup.

+2 maybe, Crystal, Fiance, AR removed AT. Maybe something else. I dunno.

Crystal and I will be leaving at 3.30.
    DCman1314
    DCman1314

Post  DCman1314 Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Oh sorry! Totoboy44 is Night Stalker! He had to change accounts!
    heist
    heist

Post  heist Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 am

Me and Shyan + maybe 1 more are coming and all so guys i will be selling cans of soft drinks and bottles of water all for a $1.00
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Hmm we have 18 people so far. I know that mavrick man won't be able to attend this war. If there's anyone else who can make this war, please post a reply in this thread. We had a whopping total of 27 last time, where those numbers at. Lol.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:17 pm

I would have been the however I have my daughter this weekend.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I'll bring a few n strike accessories to give away/lot auction depending on interest. Stampede shield, bag of streamlines, shonkycollaborationofbadideasspectre, that sort of thing.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Will be there, but whatever I turn up with on the day I dunno yet...
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 am

littlebro05 wrote:I know that mavrick man won't be able to attend this war.

Not such a bad thing really, I'm still trying to heal the damage he inflicted last week

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 pm