Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+23
enSparqe
False
night stalker
melbnerf619
Unknown
LostBoy
Brunius
lefty
Sadavi5
bulletproofvest
clunk07
Nooft1187
Luke
redcricket077
Photo Ninja
EMEUTIER
KingCam
Swatsonia
oznerfnerd
-mirsho
littlebro05
Akimbo Assassin
Johnson Arms
27 posters

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms

Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Empty Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:17 am

Hey guys! I customize nerf guns for film use as well as just general Nerf enthusiasts. You may have seen a few of these somewhere or another, but I'll try to focus on just the new stuff so as to not drown the thread with too many photos

If you guys get a chance, check out my blog at johnsonarms.wordpress.com, I try to update as often as possible and sometimes have gun giveaways and what-not. I'm in Florida, but the last guy who won was in England so don't think that I'd exclude my Aussie friends

Thanks and feel free to post your custom guns as well. I also enjoy checking these things out!

Brian

---

These are a pair of Lanard X8 Rotators. I don't believe they sell these in Australia, but you can sometimes find them online marked up 200-300% (10.00USD vs 20-30.00USD). They're pretty nice construction and they actually shoot pretty decent stock. The gun is cocked by pulling down the extention under the handle, if anyone was wondering Also, the barrel is fixed, they were removed from a few photos just for the painting.

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_2989

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7153

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_2999

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_3002

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_3004

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_3005

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6871-1

---

Here's just a sample of stuff I've done recently. Thanks for checking them out!

Recon/LongStrike Hybrid
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms ReconLongstrikeWIP1Custom

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_3035

District 9 style Super 48
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6921

Mavericks
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms StainlessSteelMaverickforSam1

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6876

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6621

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_2073

Firefly project WIP
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms FireflyWIP1

Mass Effect Stampedes WIP
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_2984

Finished
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6847

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6848

Different style
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6747

Element
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6837

Nite Finder

WIP
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6715

Finished
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6758

Lanard X6
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6811

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6812

Scouts
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6869-1

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6868-1

A resin cast of Vash's Long Colt
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6874-1

ok, that's gotta be enough scrolling for the first post. I'll have more up soon

Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Empty Re: Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms

Post  Akimbo Assassin Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:37 am

Hey, it's THE MAN himself from Johnson Arms. Welcome.

If I'm not wrong, it is one of your Steampunk Barrel Break that inspired me to paint mine steampunk style too.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Empty Re: Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:46 am

Omfg sexy. I remember you. Aesthetic's man Johnson Arms. Love your paintjobs. I'm not a big fan of using those types of things, but it's great to see. Good prop alternatives for thoses who can't purchase airsoft guns =).
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 am

Goddamn man. Excellent work ! Every picture I'd scroll down to, my mind would just scream "sexy".
    Major, major props.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Hey, it's THE MAN himself from Johnson Arms. Welcome.

If I'm not wrong, it is one of your Steampunk Barrel Break that inspired me to paint mine steampunk style too.

Hey, you're blowing my cover! Haha I think I recall seeing your gun, but if you can post it again that would be cool. I'm honored to have been an inspiration to ya and hope some of the new stuff will give you some more ideas for future stuff

littlebro05 wrote:Omfg sexy. I remember you. Aesthetic's man Johnson Arms. Love your paintjobs. I'm not a big fan of using those types of things, but it's great to see. Good prop alternatives for thoses who can't purchase airsoft guns =).

Thanks, man! I do my best, but sometimes when I'm trying out something new it takes a few trys. Although the guns do fire, I hope you guys will know that if they're intended for any outdoor use, I include an orange tip. The ones I sell are usually used for conventions and display or use on a controlled set where they can get away with not having glowy orange parts

-mirsho wrote:Goddamn man. Excellent work ! Every picture I'd scroll down to, my mind would just scream "sexy".
    Major, major props.

Thanks Mirsho I'd done about 300-400 guns so far and I'll try to trickle them in for people who haven't seen them before. Really appreciate the kind words and hope you'll keep checking back!

Please try not to triple post like that. There's a function called multi-quote where if you do click on all those buttons and press 'reply'. All the quotes you wanted to reply to will be in your reply box =). Thanks.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:34 am

Mate,

I love this stuff!!

You and Swatsonia (sorry, it's Sadavi5, my mistake) are proof that the yanks have got it down with the paintjobs.

While I'm not so big on the gold steampunk look, I'm absolutely loving the worn gun metal grey!

That stuff would get you shot by the cops, it's so real looking!

We really need some step by step write ups on this kind of work.

Would you be so kind?

Last edited by oznerfnerd on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:39 am

oznerfnerd wrote:You and Swatsonia are proof that the yanks have got it down with the paintjobs.

Heh, sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't paint my blasters, and i'm in Perth, too
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 am

Swatsonia wrote:
    oznerfnerd wrote:You and Swatsonia are proof that the yanks have got it down with the paintjobs.

Heh, sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't paint my blasters, and i'm in Perth, too

Mate,

I've had another senior moment, and confused you with the other American who does paintjobs.

I'll double check and edit my post

There we go, sorted.

His name just started with the same letter as yours, which was enough to trip me

Last edited by oznerfnerd on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:47 am

Hi Johnson Arms

I love the work you did on the red Mass Effect Stampedes.

Keep up the good work mate.

From Kingcam.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 am

oznerfnerd wrote:Mate,

I love this stuff!!

You and Swatsonia (sorry, it's Sadavi5, my mistake) are proof that the yanks have got it down with the paintjobs.

While I'm not so big on the gold steampunk look, I'm absolutely loving the worn gun metal grey!

That stuff would get you shot by the cops, it's so real looking!

We really need some step by step write ups on this kind of work.

you be so kind?

Glad you're into the guns! I'll be happy to give some pointers on painting, but I'm honestly not able to get into some of the finishes mostly because they're quite involved and I gotta keep a few things close to the vest

Thanks again to everyone for a warm welcome and I hope I'll add something to the mix!

Brian

KingCam wrote:Hi Johnson Arms

I love the work you did on the red Mass Effect Stampedes.

Keep up the good work mate.

From Kingcam.

Thank you! The two most recent ones are almost done. I'm looking forward to seeing how that style looks in white
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:59 am

@Johnson Arms. Can you please refrain from double posting or triple posting. If you want to reply to people, there's a multi-quote button. You press that on several posts. When you press add reply, all the quotes will be in your reply box. Thanks =).
    EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:27 am

I have always thought that the firefly would look awesome with WW2 Fighter plane style shark teeth on the front area where the barrel is.

Have you decided how to paint the firefly WIP yet? if not, could you try the shark teeth?
    I'm sure with your skills the effect would be awesome!
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:53 am

Johnson Arms wrote:Hey, you're blowing my cover! Haha I think I recall seeing your gun, but if you can post it again that would be cool. I'm honored to have been an inspiration to ya and hope some of the new stuff will give you some more ideas for future stuff

Yep it was you and your Barrek Break now you posted your picture on the avatar. Your steampunked Barrel Break was posted in Deviantarts website.

Here's mine, I call it "Devil":
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Devil_10
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Devil_11
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:29 am

Great paintjob, looking forward to your other works of art.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:43 am

littlebro05 wrote:@Johnson Arms. Can you please refrain from double posting or triple posting. If you want to reply to people, there's a multi-quote button. You press that on several posts. When you press add reply, all the quotes will be in your reply box. Thanks =).

EMEUTIER wrote:I have always thought that the firefly would look awesome with WW2 Fighter plane style shark teeth on the front area where the barrel is.

Have you decided how to paint the firefly WIP yet? if not, could you try the shark teeth?
    I'm sure with your skills the effect would be awesome!

[quote="Akimbo Assassin"]

Yep it was you and your Barrek Break now you posted your picture on the avatar. Your steampunked Barrel Break was posted in Deviantarts website.

Here's mine, I call it "Devil":

Photo Ninja wrote:Great paintjob, looking forward to your other works of art.

Sorry about all the posting, I honestly didn't know about the multi-quote, but hopefully I did it right this time

I'll have to look into another fighter plane style gun, maybe I can mix it into that firefly as you mentioned. Let me see if it's going to be available for that, but if not I'll work up another one soon

Akimbo, VERY cool work on the BB. I really like the etching details and the paint looks very nice. Well done

and thanks PhotoNinja, I appreciate that. I realize I'll potentially clog up this thread with too much typing so I hope you guys will know I appreciate the posts in here and I'll try to do more photos, hehe.

Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Empty More actual photos. :)

Post  Johnson Arms Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:44 am

Here's a few older ones for you guys. Maybe a real one mixed in there too Have a good night!

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_5525

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms ReconCamo1

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Element2

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_9142

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_0886

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_5745-1

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_5768

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_5859

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_5919

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_5906

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms LongshotSteampunkCollage

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms P90Tactical

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms District9SquirtgunSingle

and last one, sorry found a few more than I was intending to post..hope it'll do for a few days until I get the new stuff photographed. Thanks again for all the comments

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_6521

redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:35 am

Welcome to Oznerf! That Red Stampede is just nerfgasmic...
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Welcome to Oznerf great to see more new people!
    Sweet Paint jobs, Mate
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Love the pics bro. Was wondering if it was you who did the longshots for hunter pray? I don't have a copy of the dvd.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Nooft1187 wrote:Love the pics bro. Was wondering if it was you who did the longshots for hunter pray? I don't have a copy of the dvd.

Not me on those, but the builder did a nice job. I'm looking forward to hopefully doing some work for the folks making those types of films. I mainly work with the indie producers because that's where the budgets are tighter and they can always use good looking stuff for a lot cheaper than they're probably use to spending

Really glad to be here guys and feel free to PM me if you have any projects where i could be of assistance!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi,

Some nice paint jobs. I just wish I had the patience for hand-detailing, but alas, my eye-sight isn't what it used to be!!

May I just point out this thread, in case you do end up with a commissioning project for someone in Australia:

http://www.oznerf.com/t3481-victoria-police-imitation-firearm-amendments-active-2011-july-01#61852

I do realise that you state that most of your blaster's are for cosplay/private use, but it can't hurt for you to be informed of the major difference in legality differences between the US and OZ.

Anyway, welcome to the forum's mate, looking forward to some more of your projects.

And, seeing as we're sharing.. haha

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms Dsc_0747

Cheers,
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:45 am

Hey man, we're friends on facebook.
    Some newies here, good stuff
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:30 am

Hey, Brian! Spencer, here. Sadavi5 slash LoneGunman31 from dA. Great to see you've joined up here! I find the people here are really cool and the environment is dA-level friendly, plus being the resident celebrity certainly won't hurt yeh fitting it. :p Welcome!
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:44 am

Sadavi5 wrote:Hey, Brian! Spencer, here. Sadavi5 slash LoneGunman31 from dA. Great to see you've joined up here! I find the people here are really cool and the environment is dA-level friendly, plus being the resident celebrity certainly won't hurt yeh fitting it. :p Welcome!

Hey Sadavi5,

Yes, we are pretty cool, aren't we?

Please tell your mate that your country has already given our country NUKES (oops,sorry, supposed to be a secret), so no holding out on the paintjob tips.

If I'm ever to paint anything, I want it to have that worn metal "halo" look.

I love it, I want it.

Last edited by oznerfnerd on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am

I was never really a fan of the worn metal look. Clean cut paint jobs are for me, like that Red Stampede... Still drooling over it
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:27 am

Thanks guys and LG, great to see you on here! I tried to sneak in, but someone spotted me Thanks for posting some of your personal PJs guys, we all work on different levels and I promise I have a few old jobs I did that will never see the light of day. I think those days are past me, but just know that when I started, it was with the most basic of supplies and I just did the best I could with what I had. I'll get some photos of my shop now that I cleaned it up for Pocket's (Marty from Urban Taggers) visit while he's in the US Still have no idea how to organize all those paint bottles tho, so it looks like a hobby shop got fire-bombed right now

Now I know why you guys mentioned Sadavi5 earlier, I know Spencer as LoneGunman on Deviant art (bcjfla76.deviantart.com is my page, if you dare to pour through 300+ photos..heh). He's one of the most creative people when it comes to adding elements to his guns, stuff I've not even attempted. Really glad to see ya on here, Spence!

ok, a few photos from yesterday. A Long Las and another red N7 Stampede, both are missing the decals that are on the way, but I wanted to post some photos anyways I'll post the white N7 when they have the decals on!

No scope
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7165
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7166

Scope!
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7172
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7173

Stampede #3 (red)
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7170
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 am

Heh, too kind, sir. I'm just doing what I do. Namely, stick stuff on other stuff. if you've seen any of my custom action figures it's effectively the same thing, only smaller. :p

Love the Long Las, by the way. Great-looking piece, that one. One of my favorite of yours in the last month or two. Dunno why, just is.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:57 am

A few small ones I finished up tonight!

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7174

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7176

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7182

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7184

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7181
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:46 am

Ok, got the decals!! Woot. The white Stampede just needs some more weathering, but it's basically done. Same with the HALO Assault Rifle. The Red N7 rifle is all done and the Long Las is just waiting on one additional decal..

The gang..
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7189

For arctic planets..?
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7187

Warhammer 40k Long Las tribute gun
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7193

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7190

"Classic Red"

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7197

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7198

HALO!! Hehe

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7194

Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7195

Thanks for looking - drop me a line if you want someting like this or whatever you can come up with...within reason, some of you guys are a bit too creative
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

Those stampedes...how did you pull that off?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 pm

I'd be interested in getting some decals made..

I realise you use an external supplier, but I'd be willing to pay a finder's fee. Would just be curious to see what the pricing is like...

Cheers,
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Nice, are they all functional or decorative? The LongStirke is popular in our house at the moment.
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm sorry....that long las is really bugging me. I remember working it out some time, and a standard lasgun is like 3ft long :S It's still friggen' amazing, but I had to point that out.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 am

redcricket077 wrote:Those stampedes...how did you pull that off?

Losts of painters tape and patience

clunk07 wrote:I'd be interested in getting some decals made..

I realise you use an external supplier, but I'd be willing to pay a finder's fee. Would just be curious to see what the pricing is like...

Cheers,

He's a real class guy and his name is Bob. Wife is Bernice and they hail from Michigan. You can reach him here - bobbernicewyatt2001@yahoo.com - Let him know I sent ya, if you'd be so kind. No need for any kind of finders fee, put that towards the decals!

lefty wrote:Nice, are they all functional or decorative? The LongStirke is popular in our house at the moment.

Thanks, all functional except the longstrike as it was reqested to be. Could have kept it functional tho, but he wants it for conventions and such.

Brunius wrote:I'm sorry....that long las is really bugging me. I remember working it out some time, and a standard lasgun is like 3ft long :S It's still friggen' amazing, but I had to point that out.

Ya, can't go too accurate without it being a nightmare to ship and transport to events This one is a bit over 3ft as it sits, but I think it will pass for a good representation of the Las. thanks, I do appreciate people's knowledge on these subjects, it really helps me put out a better gun!
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 am

Some shop photos from last night..when it WASN'T raining..hehe

The StrikeCon weathered!
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7206

windmobile
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7209

Vera
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7207

A Mask!
    Custom NERF Guns and Props - Johnson Arms IMG_7210

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm