If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

(Southside Brisbane) Salisbury, Bill Moore Park, Woodland Foam Warfare 17th of September, 2011 (SATURDAY)

heist

Re: (Southside Brisbane) Salisbury, Bill Moore Park, Woodland Foam Warfare 17th of September, 2011 (SATURDAY)

Post  heist on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Well you better get you butt in to gear Thanh and make more darts!!!
    SuctionCup

Re: (Southside Brisbane) Salisbury, Bill Moore Park, Woodland Foam Warfare 17th of September, 2011 (SATURDAY)

Post  SuctionCup on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 pm

I might be going. I'm hoping to go, but we're still working it out.
    plulse

Post  plulse on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 pm

LB count me in i'll be there with everything i've been working on for the last two months.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Looks like there will be like 30+ coming to this war! Should be interesting XD. Plulse I still have your Berserker buddy! I probs need to make alot of darts now <,<.
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm definitely coming.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:52 am

At this point, it looks like I'll be reffing throughout the day. Caught a nasty cold so I'm going to try to limit the amount I run around tomorrow.

HOUSEKEEPING:

EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY! You need at LEAST hardware quality eyewear and if you're a little unsure what to wear... here is a link that will help you. http://www.oznerf.com/t1896-eye-protection-at-nerf-wars. You do not have eye protection, you will be unable to participate due to safety reasons

Compulsory Dart Hire: $10 Per Person

Optional Blaster Hire: $5 Per Person Per Blaster (This option is for those newcomers and maybe oldcomers who do not have a strong blaster and feel a little 'outranged' against the other players). First come first serve. REMEMBER THIS IS TO BORROW, NOT TO KEEP. Just as precaution, we will take your ID while you are using these blasters. You will get your ID back at the end of the day when you return the blaster. Options Include:

Assault Pack:
    - Stampede 55-70ft, 4.5-6rounds per second, fully automatic. Do note, fire this blaster in BURSTS.
    - Comes with 2 18rd clips, unless lefty has stated otherwise
    - This is for those who want to rush and are trigger happy

Sniper Pack:
    - BBUMB, ShotBlast, 0.5-1 round per second, 100ft+ ranges, pump up air blasters. Do note, if you are caught charging with this and shooting someone at pointblank, this blaster will be taken off you.
    - Comes with an RSCB clip that holds about 5-6 rounds
    - For those who want to shoot from a far.

@lefty, I've had some people who maybe interested in purchasing these blasters, so if you'd like to post something about that because I was unsure what you wanted to do with them.

heist, will be selling soft can drinks for $1.50ea
    lefty, will be hosting a sausage sizzle for $2.00 for a snag on bread. Will be made during lunch time. Sauce for $0.30ea... just kidding! Free Sauce!

If you're new, we recommend your blasters to shoot at LEAST 20 metres if you want to have fun and not get destroyed by the other players. Over the past few months, people have started to pick up their game in Nerfing.

BANNED BLASTERS

- Air Powered Blasters that have a barrel of 40cm or more
    - Blasters that have a 50metre flat range.
    - Black Matte OR Dark Camo painted blasters. For public liability reasons so these blasters are not mistaken as a firearm OR paintball gun. 50% of the blaster MUST BE BRIGHT COLOURED.

That is all, remember to read the rules, I will be going through the rules tomorrow. I'll see you all there =)!
    lefty

Post  lefty on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:56 am

I'm not sure the hire/loan blasters will be for sale at the moment, we'll see how much interest there is in their use. The main idea is for players to have access to better basters and to encourage newbs to have a go at modding for themselves. I am more than happy to help others with their own projects so if you have any questions bring them with you.

As I haven't received any PM's at this point I am assuming interest will be low, however I will bring a limited number of blasters just in case.

Looks like great weather, see you all there!
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:54 am

Ah sorry most of these interests were on facebook. Lol. We'll see how it goes. LAST CHANCE! If you're going to hire a blaster, remember to PM lefty. If you get annihilated, well... I guess you should of prepare before hand lol.

Which reminds me. PLEASE MARK YOUR NAMES ON YOUR BLASTER. In big bold print! That includes your 'clips' / 'magazines'.
    plulse

Post  plulse on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:28 pm

see u guys tomorrow, @lefty my nitefinder is packed and ready.
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Just Dusted off all my Talon gear hah, helmet and all. Can't find my balaclava though that could be anywhere. Blasters are already marked, so I'll see you guys there!

see u guys tomorrow, @lefty my nitefinder is packed and ready.

Hope Thanh's wearing gloves!
    plulse

Post  plulse on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:46 pm

That's the lest of Thanh's worries around half my blasters break 130ft
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:58 am

Unfortunately, I won't be participating. I've got the flu. If I feel better throughout the day I'll have a go lol. I'll just be making sure the games go smoothly.
    Joey

Post  Joey on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:00 am

Just halfway through the war everyone seems to be having a blast, here are a couple shots of the 'damage':

Big blasts and snap caps make for some painful stuff, but that isn't going to get us down

about 30 people are here, been a great day so far

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    Acerised

Post  Acerised on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 am

Joey wrote:Just halfway through the war everyone seems to be having a blast, here are a couple shots of the 'damage':

Big blasts and snap caps make for some painful stuff, but that isn't going to get us down

about 30 people are here, been a great day so far

2nd picture courtesy of yours truly, Sorry Dean!!!

Also everyone thanks for a great war!
    lefty

Post  lefty on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Another great Salisbury war and another big turn out with 30+ in the field at times. The theme of the day was high power and I think everybody took home a memory that will last a week on their skin.

There were some fantastic mods on display, some of the standouts included Mavrickmans seriously dangerous MegaRaider, that thing hit as hard as a 4B (yes I have another large lump on my forehead grumble grumble). Plulse had a new LongShot that easy hit air gun distance, I was quite happy not to be on the receiving end of that! There were many more, Brisbane continues to lift the bar.

I would also like to welcome the new players and hope to see you again.

The blaster hire was well used so I'll expand the available arsenal. The BBQ was also again popular.

At this point I would like to say the money raised from hire services and BBQ is not great and is in fact not the point, the point is to provide an affordable meal and access to better blasters for those that need it and make the day better for everyone attending.
    Acerised

Post  Acerised on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Thanks lefty and alex for offering food and drinks to everyone, it is greatly appreciated by everyone.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 am

Lefty always hosts a great BBQ! Cheap food for a small price, simplicity is the best food XD. Alex for providing drinks. I drank so much water, but I still was dehydrated o.O

It looks like each war, the war wounds getting nastier. It seems that the ante has gotten up to the point where these wounds are ending with bleeding, or alot of freak accidents. Which is cool and all, but since it has come down to this. Kelvin Grove wars will now be downgraded to springers and what not.

This is just a safety reasons because we did have someone got hit by a dart out of a singled air blaster. Fortunately it happened from max distance and he didn't mind, was just a surprised, but if that were to hit that kid, well there will be the end of Nerf in Brisbane.

For springers, I will be limiting it to 1 layer of cardboard only with a HEAVY SILICONE TIP dart.

I was feeling a little crook at yesterday's war, so I forgot to retrieve and footage or pictures. However, with 30 people coming, it seems our community is getting stronger and stronger. Especially with the part where the blasters are upping the ante by alot. Although I highly recommend people get faceprotection and neck protection after the accidents that happen today.
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:10 am

We are getting a toowoomba team together so we might have to call down one weekend and see how we go with the pros.
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:47 am

I wouldn't say pros... more like things are getting out hands with modified blasters LOL. I'd recommend going to the Salisbury Wars then because I'm starting to regulate Kelvin Grove wars much more heavily now.
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:40 pm

I'd like to point at that I never actually took a hit from any of the large guns (I think the biggest I recieved was one of the CWC LS's from half the map away) So my armour's just going to waste...

CTF is just getting dangerous now though with some of the armaments out there. We might want to start thinking about limiting the 'rush to the objective and steal it' type games to KG-like armaments (IE no BBBBs and what have you) Because it's only a matter of time before someone makes an attempt to stop a flag rusher at point blank with a Mega raider and punch a hole clean through them.
    Bailey

Post  Bailey on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:23 am

I'm really sorry I didn't make it out on the weekend guys, epic hangover plus my car breaking down led to a pretty disappointing Saturday. Though from the sounds of things my arsenal probably wouldn't have been powerful enough anyway

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:46 pm