If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The longshot delemma

clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: The longshot delemma

Post  clunk07 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 pm

chrisb wrote:I didnt know this thread existed

This twitter post may interest some people
    I have also smoothed down the trigger catch part without any apparent problems

Works fine with the stock spring havnt tried a stronger spring yet

That looks pretty sweet mate. Did you keep the thread length the same, or make it longer? Either way, a bit of thread-locker and it should be fairly strong.

Cheers,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    Echoes

Post  Echoes on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh that looks nice. How does the weight of this compare with the stock plunger rod?
    chrisb
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  chrisb on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm using a 15mm M3 to bolt it together which I think is longer then stock screw. The plastic ring at the end will break long before that becomes a problem
    I'll have to weigh them, it is a solid aluminium rod.

As for the other part to stop the back plate stripping, I will trade the rod for a long shot for the longshot plunger tube as I'll have to break it first to do any testing

Last edited by chrisb on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Joey

Post  Joey on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 am

Looking pretty sweet there

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Slydev nerf parts and accessories store
    chrisb
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  chrisb on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 am

Echoes wrote:Oh that looks nice. How does the weight of this compare with the stock plunger rod?
    Heavier and it destroys the plastic brace infront of the plunger tube, I'll have to lighten it a bit. I'm thinking of making some piece to be used to bolt the rear plate to the front and then to also be screwed through the case. There should be enough room between the sled pulled back and the tube too add something.

The plastic nub also needs to be replaced with brass as it is another weak point.
    How is the brass breech tubing connected to the sled?

Would probably be easier to just remake the tube, caps and plunger and just bolt it to the case. Where is the cheapest place to get a long shot?
    The breech becomes useless so also need to make them, any one willing to supply some?
    Will also most likely need a different sized o-ring if anybody knows where to buy them?
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 am

chrisb wrote:
    Echoes wrote:Oh that looks nice. How does the weight of this compare with the stock plunger rod?
    Heavier and it destroys the plastic brace infront of the plunger tube, I'll have to lighten it a bit. I'm thinking of making some piece to be used to bolt the rear plate to the front and then to also be screwed through the case. There should be enough room between the sled pulled back and the tube too add something.

The plastic nub also needs to be replaced with brass as it is another weak point.

Would probably be easier to just remake the tube, caps and plunger and just bolt it to the case. Where is the cheapest place to get a long shot?
    The breech becomes useless so also need to make them, any one willing to supply some?
    Will also most likely need a different sized o-ring if anybody knows where to buy them?

I could possibly supply a brass breech, and a replacement o-ring...

Cheers,

Clunk Weapons Co. Blaster-smith Services:
    Commissions offered on Stampede, LongShot, Spectre, LED Maverick.

CWC Blaster-smith Services
    CWC Custom Paint
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 pm

chrisb wrote:

looks like i will be doing some major shell re-inforcements when i get the alu plunger rod then.

as for the weak point of the plastic nub, i was going to make my own nub out of steel and silver solder it onto my brass breech. this should fix the problem.
    chrisb
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  chrisb on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:30 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    I could possibly supply a brass breech, and a replacement o-ring...

Cheers,

I'll see what I come up with first

frostythesnowman wrote:
    looks like i will be doing some major shell re-inforcements when i get the alu plunger rod then.

as for the weak point of the plastic nub, i was going to make my own nub out of steel and silver solder it onto my brass breech. this should fix the problem.

I will bore out the rod a bit to lessen the weight
    For reinforcement I'd suggest a bolt and nut right through the case directly in-front of the the plastic brace above the plunger

As for the nub exactly, plan to make them out of brass then you just need to align it correctly and solder to the breech

However excluding breech, i can resell someone elses if they want, it should be possible and not too expensive to make the entire lot from sled to trigger catch

The tricky part will be drilling holes in the casing at the right spots

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:53 pm