Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
MrFletchr
spectre
Brenje1
Luke
Obsidianmike
9 posters

Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion

Obsidianmike
    Obsidianmike

Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion Empty Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion

Post  Obsidianmike Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:03 am

Time
    09 October · 11:00 - 14:00
    Lewis Park- just behind Knox City Shopping Centre
    Created by:
    Anthony C Osborne
    For Humans VS Zombies Victoria
    More info
    The registration area will be set up in the carpark, you can't miss it on the day!

Please Note- on account of them being REALLY overpowered, no melee weapons are to be used during this game.

ALSO NOTE: This is a game of HONESTY. Please be fair, and if you come to a disagreement over anything, be the mature one and just accept what happened. Besides, being a zombie is fun as

Humans VS Zombies

Humans vs. Zombies is a game of tag, All players begin as humans, with a few chosen to be the “Original Zombies.” The Original Zombie tags human players and turns them into zombies. The zombies must tag a human to make them a zombie.

This gear is required for all players:
    • Bandana
    • Nerf gun and socks *socks optional* (socks must be balled up and thrown)
    Rules created for the safety of all players are strictly enforced. Violation of safety rules will result in a ban from the game.
    1. No realistic looking weaponry.
    2. Players must not leave the designated playing area.
    3. Players may not use cars......?
    4. NO MELEE WEAPONS. If a non-nerf dart gun is used, Darts must not hurt on impact.* nerf guns are the best quality anyway, and you'll be able to use other peoples nerf ammo.
    *If you’re not sure about this, message Michael or Alastair.
    Stunning a Zombie: Humans may stun a Zombie for 30 seconds. if you believe you didn't get shot, and they believe they shot you, just suck it up- lets not have any arguments. on the other hand, don't say you shot someone when you didn't. it will be better for everyone if you all play by the rules.
    When Tagged By a Zombie: When tagged by a Zombie, a Human becomes a member of the Zombie team. Wear your bandanna around your head – you are now allowed to tag other humans to make them zombies.
    Wearing a Headband: Humans must wear a headband (bandanna) around an arm or leg to identify them as players of the game. (This headband will come in handy when you become a zombie, as zombies must wear theirs on their head.)

Wearing Your Headband: Zombies must wear a bandanna around their heads at all times. The Original Zombie does not need to wear a headband..
    Tagging: A tag is a firm touch to any part of a Human. this means no "oh but i swear i brushed your jacket". on the other hand, if your a zombie, for gods sake don't pummel your human
    Getting Shot: When shot with a Nerf gun or hit with a sock a Zombie is stunned for 30 seconds. they sit/stand on the spot for the 30 seconds and may not interact with the game in any way. This includes shielding other zombies from bullets or continuing to run toward a human.
    Shooting Non-Players: Shooting non-players with Nerf darts is a ban-able offence. we just wont let you back or be part of any more games of nerf vs zombie.

ADDED RULES

Safe Zones: A zombie must have both feet outside of a safe zone to tag a human. Humans can stun zombies from inside of a safe-zone.
    No Shields: Zombies may not use shields to deflect Nerf darts or socks. However they can hide behind trees and pillars etc.

Guys don't be stupid and throw rocks and sticks and stuff. Nerf guns only. Zombies may not pick up guns.

When humans are tagged they wait a little while before they become zombies. Once you put your bandanna on your head you are a zombie... But wait 10 seconds before you start tagging.. Don't go ninjaing people that's just tight, besides, you'll need to store your Nerf gun away before you start tagging anyway.

HOUSEKEEPING

I have been informed to inform you that this is a NO SMOKING/ALCOHOL event. And make sure you look after the park and and be gracious to the public. This has not been an issue in the past but as the events are getting bigger I thought this was worth mentioning.

NB: The Facebook group has really been buzzing with activity recently which is awesome.
    If you're not a member join here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/HumansVsZombiesVictoria/
    Also have a look at: www.facebook.com/humansvszombiesvictoria

and if you read this all mention "Afghanistan Bananistan".
    Luke
    Luke

Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion Empty Re: Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion

Post  Luke Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 am

I will be there.
    Brenje1
    Brenje1

Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion Empty Re: Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion

Post  Brenje1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:28 am

I AM GOING!!!!! YAY. Made a slideshow with the pictures from the last event HERE Look out for me!. Not sure what I will bring and I'm getting a hair cut so I don't even know what I'll look like!!!!

Last edited by Brenje1 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks for posting up that link Brenje1, helps someone who's never attended a HvZ event understand the concept better... looks like fun!
    Brenje1
    Brenje1

Post  Brenje1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:53 am

Pleasure. Someone please post the map.
    Brenje1
    Brenje1

Post  Brenje1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 am

Humans Vs Zombies Victoria: The Lewis Park Invasion 300482_2039119978830_1269187122_31774335_804606485_n MAP
    MrFletchr
    MrFletchr

Post  MrFletchr Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:55 am

Hi, I'm new to nerf wars and was wondering if there is anything I need to do to come on Sunday? eg. pay a registration fee? And do you need safety glasses?

Cheers
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:11 am

MrFletchr wrote:Hi, I'm new to nerf wars and was wondering if there is anything I need to do to come on Sunday? eg. pay a registration fee? And do you need safety glasses?

Cheers

Nah only at Nerf wars you need glases but at HvZ you dont need them. And i havent been to HvZ But im pretty sure its a free community event.

-Hussein
    Brenje1
    Brenje1

Post  Brenje1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 am

It's Free. Are you coming?
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:12 am

Brenje1 wrote:It's Free. Are you coming?

If your talking to me i probably wont because i have no stream line darts.

-Hussein
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:51 am

shadownerfer wrote:
    -Hussein

You can use any stock Nerf Darts you have,It dose not need to streamline darts.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 am

KingCam wrote:
    shadownerfer wrote:
    -Hussein

Yeah i know. But i have no stock darts.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:59 am

shadownerfer wrote:
    KingCam wrote:
    shadownerfer wrote:
    -Hussein

That odd I fort when you buy a Nerf gun they come with stock Nerf darts, maybe I wrong?
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:54 am

KingCam wrote:
    shadownerfer wrote:
    KingCam wrote:
    shadownerfer wrote:
    -Hussein

That odd I fort when you buy a Nerf gun they come with stock Nerf darts, maybe I wrong?

I've modded all my streamlines with hot glue in the tip. They are no longer stock. Or maybe he sold all his. Or lost all his.
    Brenje1
    Brenje1

Post  Brenje1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:20 am

Balled up socks may also be used or
    you could be an OZ

Last edited by Brenje1 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 am

@Brenje1. Buddy, it's not in your 'obligation' to tell someone how to spell. If you want to see anal? I'll give you anal. Between, "Second,I", There should be a space so it looks like "Second, I". In "blanc", it should be "blank". You can't start a sentence with 'and'. How do you feel when someone corrects you for every little thing?

That's certainly not how we operate around here, but be wary in mind next time. We just ask that you type in not msn slang, with capital letters when needed and with full stops. Thanks =).

Last edited by littlebro05 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:33 am

Brenje1 wrote:Second,I have seen others use hot glue tip darts.

Mate I help Human Vs Zombies Victoria event and I can tell you now that Hot glue tip darts are not Allow.

If I, Anthony or Michael catch any one using Hot glue tip darts first it a warring and second time we catch you using them it a ban from all Hvzv Events.
    Brenje1
    Brenje1

Post  Brenje1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:33 am

Weather?

Last edited by Brenje1 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Obsidianmike
    Obsidianmike

Post  Obsidianmike Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

:-) glad you guys are all cool. I do like the Oznerf community. Sorry about the glue tips but the bottom line is we don't make eye wear compulsory so we can't have modded darts.

I'm certainly looking forward to sunday. its a smaller park, but we will most likely have a much smaller group (due to approaching end of year exams for year 12s) but it should be awesome. I will be filming some preliminary shots for my breif HvZ instructional video, so if you have some cool guns you want to show off, that would be awesome. cya Sunday.
    Obsidianmike
    Obsidianmike

Post  Obsidianmike Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 am

Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:00 pm

My 18 dart clip has gone missing today, it is marked on the bottom, the to rubber bits are coloured in Black, If you have it please comment below, Thanks Luke.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm