Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
Sairex
GirlyGamer
Dietzie
clunk07
momod
9 posters

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry!

momod

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Empty Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry!

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:06 am

This is my first post. I registered specifically to get help reassembling this STUPID gun. So I am sorry that my first post is for selfish reasons. If he finds out I mucked it up I'll never hear the end of it.

I decided to paint it for my son's TF2 Scout costume for Halloween. Well I opened the gun up and a spring came flying out...and I don't know where to put it?!

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! IMG_0717

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! IMG_0718

Please...can anyone tell me where this spring goes???

Thank you!!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Empty Re: Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry!

Post  clunk07 Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:14 am

Can't really help you too much, as a DS isn't high on my list of blaster's to purchase/mod. I've searched over at NH, and can't seem to find any easy reference to the spring you're having issues with.

Can you tell us a bit more about what the blaster does/doesn't do properly once it's been re-assembled. That may help narrow down possible spring locations.

Cheers,
    momod

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Empty Re: Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry!

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:16 am

Thanks, clunk07. No, I can't because I haven't put it back together yet. I didn't see the point until I put everything back inside, you know? But I can do that just to see. Thanks again.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:19 am

Yeh mate, that will probably be your best bet.

The doubleshot doesn't feature highly in discussion's on here. I'm not going to carry on about how crap it is etcetc, just pointing out that there's probably not too many member's with actual experience with the DS.

I can see your point with the re-assembly, but if you ever get in to modding full-on, then you'll see that it doesn't take very long to assemble/disassemble a blaster. I've had some blaster's open and closed over 50 times before getting a mod to be successful. Just remember, you don't have to put all the screws in - that should save you a bit of time.

Cheers,
    momod

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:23 am

Yeah no prob. This is my first time doing any kind of mod and probably my last. lol! Just trying to make the kid happy. I'll let you know in a few if it works okay. Thanks again!

Edit: Hm, seems it's trigger related as the trigger is dead now. It doesn't fire.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:18 am

That spring looks like the spring out of the clicker (full prime indicator)
    If the trigger isn't working you will need to see if the blaster is actually priming, if so is it staying primed or is it releasing as you close the barrels? Once you establish which it is doing you will need to split it again and look at why. The trigger assembly in my experiance can be a bit tricky.
    momod

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:24 am

I'm not sure what you mean by priming? How do I check that? You mean when I push the button on top to release the barrel??? Sorry, I really am a newbie. When it's assembled and I push that button, the shells pop out like they are supposed to. It's just not firing.

Edit: I've looked up various pictures of the internals of this gun and everything (from what I can see) looks fine...yet it still doesn't work. The trigger mechanism is ridiculous as it doesn't really mesh and flops around unless you push on it with your finger. Ugh! I think I've totally botched this gun.

Edit: Okay, now I know where the spring goes but it doesn't seem to help! Now the trigger makes a healthier sound when pulled but no dart is ejected. I give up. At least it'll look pretty when I'm done.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi Momod,

if you haven't sorted this by tomorrow morning I might be able to help. I have internal pictures of the gun from when I took it all apart (because I was worried I would forget where the pieces went). They're on my other computer in my office, which I won't be in til tomorrow from around 7.30am. I'll take a look through them and if I find the spring I'll post the image for you

EDIT: Okay I misread your last post. Are you sure you have the string knot part far enough along? I remember this being a bit of a dog when I reassembled mine, but if it isn't in the right place, it wont prime well enough for the darts to eject. Again, I'll dig out my pictures in the morning if you need them.

Hope that helps.
    xx
    Sairex
    Sairex

Post  Sairex Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:24 pm

that's the trigger spring, it sits right under the trigger. it can be a pain to seat properly but its manageable, hope this helps
    momod

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:39 pm

GirlyGamer,

Thanks. Yeah I'd appreciate if you could post that pic just in case I really haven't got it right. I have the knot wrapped around the little post on the stock side. Is that right? But when I close everything up and try to load the shells it's really tight. It was tight before, too, but not like this. I'm afraid to pull the barrel down too hard for fear of breakage. I'll try to post a pic of how I've assembled everything so you can see if I've done it correctly.

I did read last night that the air tubes (or whatever they're called) might have been cracked while taking the gun apart. That wouldn't account for the tightness, though. *sigh*

Sairex, yes, I discovered how to put the spring in last night, but as I said it didn't seem to be the problem. That doesn't mean I've put it in correctly, I guess, but it LOOKS like it is. lol

Thanks again, everyone, for your help.

Last edited by momod on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!)
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:46 pm

momod, you've have provided a perfect example of what is required when you're stuck on something... taking pictures! I hope that fellow members will follow your example, because what makes it hard for us to help others is that they give one sentence on what their problem is, but there's no pictures to back it up.

Thanks =).
    momod

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:48 pm

littlebro05, you're quite welcome. I knew if I didn't post pictures I'd be chastised terribly, so... Plus, yeah, how can anyone know to help if they don't see what I see!
    momod

Post  momod Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Okay, the first pic is showing where I put that spring.

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! IMG_0720

Second pic is with trigger placement. I don't see what I've done wrong, if anything. All I know is when I pull down the barrel to load the shells it's super tight and it doesn't fire anymore. Is the string supposed to be around that post?

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! IMG_0719
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 am

Hi Momod,

I've gone through all the Buzz Bee Double Shot internal images I have.
    Here they are, I hope they're of help to you:

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-06

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-07

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-05

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-04

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-03

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-02

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Buzz-bee-double-shot-spring-01
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am

Hey GirlyGamer,

Those are some great pictures. If you could post them in the reviews section and add a link back to the directory, I can add them to the directory.

Thanks,
    momod

Post  momod Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Sorry it took me so long to answer. Thank you for posting those pictures, GirlyGamer! I did notice one thing I had wrong and fixed it, but it STILL didn't work. lol!! Given up on painting a functional gun. My son doesn't seem to care so it's all good.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Cindy
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:18 am

Hi Momod,

damn lol. Oh well, it's such a cool looking gun anyway, you could always buy another, one to play with and one for costume fun ;p

xxx
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:49 am

Don't get another Double Shot, get a Nerf Barrel Break instead. I personally think it is a better looking double-barrel shotgun.

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! Devilb10
    Noted: Stock gun does not come with the paint job as illustrated above.
    momod

Post  momod Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:16 am

It was what I had on hand. I actually didn't know there was a Nerf version! Maybe if do this again...and I'm sure I will lol...I will get the Nerf one.

Anyway, finished pics of the gun. It doesn't fire but at least I didn't completely botch the paint job.

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! IMG_0729

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! IMG_0728

I should note that I didn't take the gun apart to paint (with the exception being the storage compartment). I just used masking tape. It's not perfect but it'll do.
    andtheherois
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:26 am

Buzz Bee Double Shot re-assembly gone awry! 296460_2559938680665_1319997311_2929710_494494391_n

COINCIDENCE?

I also only used masking tape, as I only had a few days to do the PJ. I finished these yesterday for my friend going to a Zombie walk. These were not the finished product. Once they were done they looked like they'd actually been through a few zombie movies themselves. I was very happy with how they turned out, and my friend even more so. Had them brought back for a little touch up though so I may upload pics of the finish product later.

Last edited by andtheherois on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    momod

Post  momod Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 am

Those look nice! Please do post pics of the touch up. Curious to see the "worn" look!
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Great job Momod!

I wonder if you will be doing any other mods now? Has the bug bitten you?
    The first mod I did was the Barrel Break... that was it for me.. totally bitten by the modding bug.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm