Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not?

NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not? Empty Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not?

Post  NITROMAINIAC Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 am

Hey guys well a while back I was trying to start a slingshot paintball group and it never really worked out bahaha which is what people told me but anyway maby one day.....

HOWEVER! Today was the day I got my first nerf gun I picked up a magstrike from Kmart for $25 and I'm lovin nerf so far, and I tell you what guys I think Kmart is the Australian Wallmart thier prices are just so cheap I thought the magstrike would be like 49.95 or some crap, Oh and I also seen one of those terrornator spitball guns thier as well which is sort of airsoft ish in a way.

Anyway guys I had a quick search of the forum to look for it but couldn't find any thing so my question is.....

Taking out the air restrictors on the magstrike, looks easy but is it worth it? how much further does it shoot? and is anything sacrificed for this modification?

Thanks fellow nerfers
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not? Empty Re: Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not?

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:17 am

NITROMAINIAC wrote:and I tell you what guys I think Kmart is the Australian Wallmart thier prices are just so cheap...

Taking out the air restrictors on the magstrike, looks easy but is it worth it? how much further does it shoot? and is anything sacrificed for this modification?

Well, Kmart does not always have the cheapest price, sometimes BigW has better prices. Target tends to stock a few exclusive blasters e.g. Alpha Trooper, Longstrike, Spectre.

One good thing on removing air restrictoers in a Magstrike is it allows you to use streamline darts. Not too sure if this mod will improve your range much though.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not? Empty Re: Magstrike air restrictors? Worth it or not?

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:50 am

From my experience, the range doesn't seem to have a 'noticable' increase at all. So some may argue that it does or doesn't increase it. You should test it for your self though. It may have a placebo effect where you think it increases range, it does increase in range. I don't really know.

As AA said. Removing the air restrictors will allow you to use streamlines more effectively as you are able to push it all the way down in the barrel.
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 am

I did a distance test on my Magstrike mod before and after removal of the AR's a while back. Tentatively, it's moestly placebo effect. Averaging 50 shots before and after, the difference is only about 3 feet when angled 45 degrees, if I remember the numbers correctly. At that sample size, it's not even enough to have a definitively statistically significant effect. However, the ability to use streamlines is a huge plus, since the difference between a streamline shot and a whistler shot looked significant, though I never formally tested it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 am