Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
dandaldaks
cfb_rolley
ZeusPwns
Acerised
RL
Swatsonia
shadownerfer
False
Joey
13 posters

Modern Warfare 3

Joey
    Joey

Modern Warfare 3 Empty Modern Warfare 3

Post  Joey Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Well since I have made a battlefield 3 thread might as well also make one for modern warfare 3. It is one of the many games I have pre-ordered for the end of the year that I am quite excited about.

My steam preload unlocks tomorrow at 10am, going to play through single then hit up multi to see what it is like. Between this and BF3 I think I will be getting a great fix on my gun nut games :p

I will post after I have played it but I am expecting a pretty decent campaign and some great and innovative (yet probably subtle) additions to multiplayer. These guys finally have competition they need to step it up. I do hope that it isn't the exact same game rehashed, while that will sell well, it will also be a sign that activision are just dragging this title in to the ground (guitar hero anyone?).

Anyways this thread is up for everyone to discuss the game, what they think of it, their online tags, etc. NOT for slagging out the game, flaming others, or slagging out BF3. The BF3 thread has given me some hope in humanity, don't take that away from me.
    False
    False

Modern Warfare 3 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post  False Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Picking this up this morning. I quite like the campaign/ story of MW so I think I'll be playing campaign first. Although I might take a look at multiplayer just to see everything.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:53 am

I got it last night at ebgames midnight launch. Its EPIC. I got the hardend edition for xbox 360. Add me: GaLaKtIk Shadow
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:34 am

Picking it up after work today. Preordered the EB special edition, which is $2 cheaper than standard, for some reason.

Trading in a few games for it though, including BF3 (but that's just due to personal preference.)
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:47 am

So played through the first bit of single player and a couple matches of multi. Not really doing anything for me, mainly because pretty much nothing has been changed since black ops. Might as well have just kept playing blops instead.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:15 am

Gotta agree with you Joey - in most parts it has been a lot of same old. In single player anyway. Though I'm liking the diversity of maps, it's not all dusty favelas and sand maps.

There's definitely a lot of harkening back to previous levels, with the AC130, fighting people off fast moving vehicles, stealthily trying to assassinate someone in an old Eastern European city while dodging hordes of enemies? Wading through swamps and dirty water?

I'm still going to play it though lol
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 am

BF3 > MW3

Last edited by acerised on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:52 am

Joey wrote:Anyways this thread is up for everyone to discuss the game, what they think of it, their online tags, etc. NOT for slagging out the game, flaming others, or slagging out BF3. The BF3 thread has given me some hope in humanity, don't take that away from me.

acerised wrote:BF3>MW3

I'm personally sick of this "elitist" attitude towards games. Each one has their merits, and I feel there is more to be gained by sitting on the fence.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:08 am

The single player has picked up and I am enjoying it. It is all cliche and Michael bay like but that is what I expected. Graphics are horrendous for the most part but they seem to be getting slowly better as the game progresses (I am in London now and the street level view of big ben looked alright).

I am still quite dissapointed by the multiplayer being so similar but I cannot say I am surprised.

Also people are lvl 42 already in multi how the hell???? Did they get the game midnight and just play it all night?

Swatsonia wrote:I'm personally sick of this "elitist" attitude towards games. Each one has their merits, and I feel there is more to be gained by sitting on the fence.

Basically yes, if you have something to say make it constructive at least. There is a thread for both MW3 and BF3, comment in there about what you like/don't like. Don't come in here ready to start something unless you want a couple strikes (and maybe vacation).

Last edited by Joey on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 am

Probably. People do take days off just to kill themselves on MP for days on end. Rather sad, but they probably get some kick out of it.
    False
    False

Post  False Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am

So I played some campaign and Spec-Op, haven't been on multi yet. I was dissapointed with the graphics, but they're not everything. I have to say, I played survival mode and it is pretty fun- I would recommend it for some fun and some laughs if you're with a mate.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:01 pm

*Slight Rant Alert*

I'm sorta annoyed with the fact with so many people complaining about the graphics, whether your a Battelfield fanboy or not.

I take my hat's off to Infinityward, Yes their games do have problems, but don't you guys consider the fact that they make a game every year? Good enough, so who cares, enjoy the game, and just have fun.

It's not gonna be perfect, it was produced in a matter of a year, and yes it's gonna be similar to the previous game, because its a freaking sequel! Why didn't they make BO MW3? Because its a different game.....

Every game has it's flaws, and I for one am not a Diehard fanboy, and don't mind to play BF3 or MW3, but personally I enjoy MW3 More, it has a fun factor which BF will never have. I hate people that whine about games, PEOPLE (HUMANS) Made it, it's not gonna be PERFECT.

Good Day Sir!
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm

I knew the graphics weren't going to be flash the second I saw the Eiffel Tower collapse on a metal fence as if the latter were invisible. But then again I knew my 79 bucks was not to stare at awesome graphics but something to entertain me throughout the summer and beyond. (plus for collection purposes, having WaW, MW2, BO and now this)

I've only played about five games of multiplayer, but it seems like they have taken good bits of MW2 and Black Ops in terms of streaks.

Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Uh ZeusPwns you do know they they make a game every 2 years NOT every year. Black ops was made by a different company, they switch forward and back each game with a 2 year development cycle.

The real thing that holds them back is that infinity ward basically rage quit on the game after MW2 due to royalty issues and a while new team took over. This whole new team had to figure out how to use everything and build the game from the engine they had. That aside I am kinda disappointed that nothing has really improved here, the menu and UI elements are also still the same as the first game made back in 2007. It would not have been hard to update them and give them a great new look and feel.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm the first to admit that i'm a battlefield fanboy, and i haven't got mw3 yet. that said, i DO intend on getting it, no matter what anyone's opinions are on it. it still looks like a fun game, and i'm pretty keen to here what people think of the game other than "battlefield has better graphics" or "not much has changed".

in respect to the multiplayer, is it still quite fast paced? in the past i've always regarded the CoD games to be something i play when i'm in the mood for fast action and bc2 for more drawn out games, so in a way i actually hope that the overall feel hasn't changed too much.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Joey wrote:Uh ZeusPwns you do know they they make a game every 2 years NOT every year. Black ops was made by a different company, they switch forward and back each game with a 2 year development cycle.

The real thing that holds them back is that infinity ward basically rage quit on the game after MW2 due to royalty issues and a while new team took over. This whole new team had to figure out how to use everything and build the game from the engine they had. That aside I am kinda disappointed that nothing has really improved here, the menu and UI elements are also still the same as the first game made back in 2007. It would not have been hard to update them and give them a great new look and feel.

Yeah totally agree with you Joey, but it's a sequel, and there is not much you can change from a Single Original Idea.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 pm

ZeusPwns wrote:Yeah totally agree with you Joey, but it's a sequel, and there is not much you can change from a Single Original Idea.

The idea is solid, but apart from the duel scope guns there was nothing new in this game that I saw. A sequel should strive to improve on the original in new and innovative ways. Not so much that they forget what they are, but enough to go 'hey, they really tried to improve this'.

Just finished the single player, I liked it. A bit over the top, but that is what I was expecting. I am going to try out multi again in the next couple of days, see if I am less disappointing with it then. Dont get me wrong I like the multi for what it is, just I feel like I might as well have kept on playing blops.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 am

Having played an hour or so of single player, and some Spec Ops last night (too busy with my SSTS), I have noticed that there is a general improvement on graphics, not drastic, but its still there (on 360, at least).

The weapons feel perfect, and it was nice to see some of my favourite, lesser known pistols appearing, like the FN 5-7 and P99.

If anything, the sound design is excellent in MW3, M4s aren't quite as 'tinny' as BF3, and the suppressed weapons are spot on.

Gameplay wise, it is essentially MW2 with more recoil, but hey, that's what I like, and will continue to play.

The only thing I am disappointed with is Price seems to have lost his gravelly tone, which is only a slight issue. It seems to only be in videos though, in level is ok.

Oh, and the return of the G36c! I've missed it so since COD4.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:37 am

One question,
    Why did you buy a game that you already own
    nah
    on a more serious note does anyone else think that the maps are a bit on the small side.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 am

dandaldaks - because I have plenty of money for Call of Duty.

Also no.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 am

Yeah they are small but IMHO that works best for CoD gameplay. For Blops 'Nuketown' was my fav (also firing range) just because they were so small and intense.

It feels like you move slower and run for less time in MW3, though might just be me.
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:48 am

Agree with u joey, not just you....
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:06 am

agree also, small maps do work for CoD. I am getting tired of having to mission-run for ages to get to another part of the map in bf3.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Enough talking about the negatives - how is everyone finding the different killstreaks? I think the support streaks really help the noobs, encourage them not to camp and to actually rack up kills even if they're dying a lot.

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Haven't played the game yet, but I have received a Cpt Price USB stick from Movember.... haha

Cheers,
    False
    False

Post  False Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Yeah, I do like the different strike packages and pointstreaks.

I find sniping a little...clunky? But I can always go back to Mw2 for that.

I also like the weapon proficiencies. Kill confirmed is actually pretty fun, but it never seems to go long enough, especially when that emergency airdrop takes 10 minutes to drop the packages, haha.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:56 am

If your on pc you may have a graphical config issue.

Basically on my brothers 2gb 6970 it wasnt changing the graphics to ultra high because some strings arent changed from the console settings so basically were stuck in shitty consile graphics if you have certain cards.

Go to the main cfg file.

Search image quality"1" change this to 3. Then ensure texture details are native. Then watch the graphics come to life.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:14 pm

I think that MW3 is pretty awesome. That being said, I have MW2 and blops on the wii and decided to buy MW3 with my new xbox 360 kinnect. I like how they have done the story line and you don't play as the same guy as you do in previous CODs. I found it all more of a challenge and survival mode is great for getting skills up. I have found that you die easier on MW3 as well
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:15 am

For all those people who said MW3 is essentially MW2 updated... be glad it's updated, I just went back to MW2, and it is amazingly camper friendly and unbalanced.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 am

Has anyone else aced survival yet? The best wave I have got to is 29. (pretty lame I know)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 am