Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
TooBz
jumper918
evozn
littlebro05
chiiia
Psykka
Silent Scope
Luke
matt.chopper
13 posters

Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th

matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th  Empty Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th

Post  matt.chopper Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 am

We'll hit the north-west suburbs again.

When:
    •Date: Sunday 20th November
    •Time: 10:00am - 3:30pm

Where:
    •Street: Bradford Ave, just off Greenvale Dr
    •Meeting Place: Bradford St off street parking, just off Greenvale Dr

What to Bring:
    •appropriate blasters and equipment (primaries, secondaries, shields etc.)
    •darts (suggested amount is 150+) and other munitions (eg. grenades)
    •money for trading and buying food/drink
    •safety eyewear - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR OWN, NO PROTECTION NO PLAY!
    •appropriate clothing
    •food/drink if you're not buying anything

Game Modes:
    •FFL
    •FFP
    •TDM
    •E-peen
    •Advance Wars with FFP classes (maybe)

Rules:
    •No realistic looking blasters are to be used. Don't even think about rocking up with black blasters.
    •No snap caps or heavies (splitshot 0 or larger for the ill-informed); we're on school property and I'm not going to live with having windows break during the war.
    •No cheating, if the ref calls a hit just accept you were hit and go and respawn. Arguing the point with the ref will cost you an extra life.
    •No barrel tapping; go find yourself a foam bayonet if you feel compelled to go melee with your blaster.
    •Everyone is responsible for their own equipment. MARK YOUR CLIPS, BLASTERS AND DARTS and anything that is yours in general if you expect to get it back at the end of the day. Any unmarked stock darts found at the end of the day will be kept by me.
    •No bullying; it's rather self-explanatory. I have plenty of ways to solve bullying should I see any signs of it (don't tempt me)...
    •Everyone must dart sweep especially given that we're on school property; anyone found just standing around and not helping out will be banned from all Melbourne wars (the other organisers support this rule, so watch out).

Schedule (roughly)
    •Meeting
    •Tour
    •FFL - light warm up elimination
    •FFP - school elimination
    •lunch and rest
    •E-peen - steal the package
    •E-peen - scenario defend the base (attackers vs. defenders)
    •E-peen - border patrol
    •Final wrap up, pack up, and political discussion

Attendee List:

Confirmed
    •Silent Scope
    •KingCam
    •matt.chopper + 1
    •whichgrep + Brunius
    •TooBz
    •chiiia
    •shadownerfer
    •Brenje1
    •christian

Maybe
    •Luke

Unavailable
    •Psykka
    •Pronga

The location has been chosen after ringing up the school, receiving all the info I need. This war is not in breech of the "Summary Offences Act 1966 - Section 9".

Before the war is started, I will conduct a tour of our play areas. Be mindful as to where you shoot as we don't want darts shot in areas where it's fenced off otherwise the school may think twice about conducting investigations when they find left over darts.

Most of the event's focus will revolve around simple elimination around the schools in a more war engage-frenzy environment. I'd advise that you pack blasters that will compliment both intermediate ranges (85>') and close quarter ranges (<50') as there will be moments where both those situations will arise. As you may have read, E-peen will make up the majority of the rounds as the field encourages a lot of more advanced playstyle and more modified goods. It is simply a guideline to denote that anything goes; not necessarily the need to have everyone use 160>' rape cannons.

Regarding facilities: Available in the area are the Greenvale shops where everything from a Coles, charcoal chicken place, Subway, and toilets are available within the typical 15min walk (similar to the walking distance for fish 'n chips in Wattle Park). If anyone's up for it, I can arrange for doing a pizza run in Tullamarine.
    Please be mindful of your bladders as the toilets are a little way out of vicinity (go on, make sure you go to the toilet before warring). Apart from that, it's the same procedures as all the other wars. We do a run down, we tour, war, eat and rest, and war again before a final recap. I will have a lot to discuss regarding the political side of issues too so try to be as engaging as possible once those discussions take place.

May I also mention of the numerous requests to have friends come along: YES BRING AS MANY FRIENDS AS YOU WISH, I DON'T REALLY MIND! Just be sure to disclose in this thread so that we can all try to cater for any additional people that may want to come; seriously though don't be hesitant.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited by matt.chopper on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 am; edited 4 times in total
    Luke
    Luke

Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th  Empty Re: Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th

Post  Luke Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 am

I'm a maybe
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th  Empty Re: Melbourne War: Urban at Greenvale Primary School, November 20th

Post  Silent Scope Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:01 am

I suggest you attend this one guys, otherwise it'll be the death of Melbourne nerfing as we speak.

This is my "do-or-die" event where this war will decide whether the scene is worth salvaging from my absence. I cannot stress how kickass the location is, a friggin' school of all places.

GET TO IT ALREADY! THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS EVENT!
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 am

Still in exams. Can't make it to this one.
    chiiia
    chiiia

Post  chiiia Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 am

SS, you can confirm me now.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:56 am

C'mon guys! I'm pretty sure there are way more Melbourne Nerfers on here. Recently, there's been alot of VIC / Melb people joining. Get off your chairs, and go have some fun!

This is a mutherfukn' school man! You should take advantage of it because we're not allowed here in QLD to even go in and participate in any Nerf Wars.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:04 pm

I would go to every war if I could but they're all just to far out west for me. It's like an hour drive.

Last edited by evozn on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:32 pm

evozn wrote:I would go to every war if I could but they're all just to far out east for me. It's like an hour drive.
    You fool, Greenvale is a north-west suburb. For you, are you telling me that a drive up the M80 freeway is too much because this is a far west any Melbourne war is going to get?

I need more people, get your gear and acts together becuase these Melbourne wars don't happen often.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Silent Scope wrote:
    evozn wrote:I would go to every war if I could but they're all just to far out east for me. It's like an hour drive.
    You fool, Greenvale is a north-west suburb. For you, are you telling me that a drive up the M80 freeway is too much because this is a far west any Melbourne war is going to get?

I need more people, get your gear and acts together becuase these Melbourne wars don't happen often.
    Sorry I mean they're too out west, I'm on the east
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:59 pm

What?! Point Cook is on the west-side. Seriously, I think you're making up poor excuses not to attend a war at this stage.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Silent Scope wrote:What?! Point Cook is on the west-side. Seriously, I think you're making up poor excuses not to attend a war at this stage.
    Man, I just messed my own head, but you get it
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:07 pm

No I don't, and quite frankly I have no patience to deal with people who don't show enough commitment. kthnxby

I'm going to start PMing various members here to get the numbers rolling because I'm quite distressed how struggling the Melbourne community is at the moment. Perhaps you people forgot that we're in a school for a battleground.
    jumper918
    jumper918

Post  jumper918 Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:48 am

Hi,

Just got Silent Scope's PM. Sorry can't make it. Family is building a house out in Ballarat (so they are all out there) and I'm still a few months off my P's so weekends are a no-go (unless it in reasonable public transport distance and then lugging Nerf guns on a train...).

I hope that you get some more people, I mean maybe it's just me but an hour is nothing. It takes that long to get into the CBD on a bad day.

Anyhow good luck for Sunday.

Cheers,
    jumper
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 pm

If anyone needs Stefans for war, let me know by tomorrow night, of course there's a price.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:08 am

jumper918 wrote:Hi,

Just got Silent Scope's PM. Sorry can't make it. Family is building a house out in Ballarat (so they are all out there) and I'm still a few months off my P's so weekends are a no-go (unless it in reasonable public transport distance and then lugging Nerf guns on a train...).

I hope that you get some more people, I mean maybe it's just me but an hour is nothing. It takes that long to get into the CBD on a bad day.

Cheers,
    jumper
    I was just thinking; you're only 10 mins away from me. How about I pick you up from your joint? Don't worry, I know Airport West very well (I used to live there).
    christian
    christian

Post  christian Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am

I'm coming
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm packed and ready to go. Bring it on.
    whichgrep

Post  whichgrep Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:52 pm

TooBz wrote:I'm packed and ready to go. Bring it on.

We'll see you in about an hour.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 pm

evozn wrote:I would go to every war if I could but they're all just to far out west for me. It's like an hour drive.

Next war Tell me and ill ask my dad. Point cook is right next to Tarniet. So yeah just ask man. My dad will be keen to do so.

-Hussein
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 am

I hope the war works out! Take heaps of pictures and post them up =). Have a nice day.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 am

We had an okay day. The location is very suitable for scenario-based gametypes. The only gripe I have is the one problem I felt was going to occur: attendee numbers. So, I want to say thanks to those who took the initiative to drive as far as an hour and half to get to Greenvale. And to those who didn't answer my PMs especially those who lived within the vicinity, I have no motivation to take any wars to the westside anytime soon as it's plain and simply dead this side. A lack of commitment is definitely evident from the efforts I took to get this initiative rolling, considering.

Eastside from now on, kthnxby...
    jumper918
    jumper918

Post  jumper918 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 am

Silent Scope wrote:
    jumper918 wrote:Hi,

Cheers,
    jumper
    I was just thinking; you're only 10 mins away from me. How about I pick you up from your joint? Don't worry, I know Airport West very well (I used to live there).

Sorry internet was down over the weekend (swapping ISP's the ISP I was leaving made it as hard as they possibly could to make the swap) so I didn't get you're reply until now. Next time it sounds like an option, thanks for the offer.

Just read your latest reply as I was typing this. I'm not sure but maybe one reason that the numbers were down is because it is exam time (not just schools but TAFE's etc. too).

Sorry again for the miss sounds like it was fun.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Here the first video from the war.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm