If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

N-Strike Scouts vs Unity Pack Scouts: Anyone noticed a difference?

Zandor

N-Strike Scouts vs Unity Pack Scouts: Anyone noticed a difference?

Post  Zandor on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:59 am

Hey, I know this is a bit of a peculiar post, but I'd like to see if anyone else has noticed this:

I've got two Unity System (Red) Scouts, which have been mildly modded; the holes taped up, the AR's removed and a suitable sized hole dremeled into the barrel tube. The spring has a wedge of cardboard slightly pre-compressing it, and they fire better than they did stock. At least another 3-5ft from rough memory. Small, but an improvement never-the-less

But I grabbed a two-pack of the N-Strike 2 pack Scouts, and after having a play with them I pondered if they were any different in terms of range/power to my Red modded ones.

Interestingly, they fire almost exactly the same, in a couple of cases another foot or two further, than my modded Red ones.

I haven't taken them apart yet to see if it's just a case of a slightly more powerful spring, or if infact the way I've modded my Red ones simply aren't efficient enough (considering they don't have a more powerful spring and small plunger tube, I haven't brass barreled them yet and I'm yet to experiment with an Element spring like LordDraconical did... only just got some extra Elements to do so), but considering from strong memory that they do fire better than they did when they were stock... makes me wonder.

So! Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? :S
    Swatsonia

Re: N-Strike Scouts vs Unity Pack Scouts: Anyone noticed a difference?

Post  Swatsonia on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 am

I've noticed the yellows are rather more solid than the original reds.

In any case, if the internals do turn out to be better once modded, I'll transplant their internals into a red shell and get the best of both worlds.
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:18 am

Haven't had a red one so can't comment on differences, just got a 2 pack of Nstrikes and modded one, noticed a little plastic tab near one of the airholes that get blocked up on the barrel for the mod, the little tab doesn't seem to serve any purpose I just taped the hole with a skinny piece of electrical tape and left the tab for now, drilled out the AR and put some taped up cardboard slices and 3x5 cent coins taped up in front of that to back the spring to probably 1cm.

Easily my most powerful pistol now and lots of fun, getting around 50ft flat with streamlines (estimated by eye), and the whistlers actually whistle loudly now :p
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:32 am

Experimenting on my 2nd scout AR removed, epoxy'd plunger holes, LSFG spring + tiny buzzbee 3 shot spring, better O ring. Its still gluing at the moment will reassemble it tomorrow and see how it goes with new springs and better seal. I know it wont be in the league of a NF but hoping it will be allot more fun than a standard or even penny modded scout.
    thekungfunerfer

Post  thekungfunerfer on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:48 am

I have a strange problem with the yellow scouts where they cock but wont fire no matter what if iv modded it, anybody else had this problem?
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:54 am

the stock spring is very flexible and bends easily (not enough coils and small diameter) and can bow up or down or left or right and it may be forcing the trigger catch up, noticed this with my other scout dunno if theres any other thing that could cause it to not fire they are very simple inside.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:39 am