If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)
Custom Search

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1917 registered users

The newest registered user is ShaGGz LMS

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar


    The Questions Thread.

    Share
    avatar
    KingCam

    Posts : 832
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 31
    Location : Lilydale,Melbourne,Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  KingCam on Mon May 28, 2012 9:34 am

    lech wrote:Terrible value. You can get the Titan, Hornet, scout pack from TrU for $70 and it goes down to 40-50 on sale.

    They are on sale now for $40.
    avatar
    Jeo

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 30
    Location : Canberra

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Jeo on Mon May 28, 2012 12:02 pm

    AbyssHD wrote:So it is supposed to be 300mm?

    Mine was too small then. Now I also think that the barrel wasn't centered properly. Wrapping some e-tape around it now.

    If it's even shorter you've certainly got an air leak somewhere. Blow down the barrel, it should be air tight. If it isn't, find the leak.
    avatar
    Echoes

    Posts : 433
    Join date : 2010-11-04
    Age : 27
    Location : Bass Hill, Sydney, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Echoes on Mon May 28, 2012 12:48 pm

    AbyssHD wrote:(Note: This is with the glow in the dark darts and some streamlines.)

    The darts go way to far into the conduit and not flying out, when I shoot. In other words they're not on the edge of the barrel where supposed to be and they don't fire properly. All my glow in the dark darts, screw up and don't shoot at all, the streamlines usually shoot but some jam.

    What materials are you using for your RSCB? We've established you're using a 16mm conduit barrel, but what else has been put into making the rest of the RSCB? Depending on what you've used, it's entirely possible that you haven't put your RSCB together properly. The darts may be getting stuck on some of the fittings that haven't been fitted correctly.

    Also are you pulling your trigger hard enough? It's entirely possible that you aren't releasing the air quickly enough. The trigger needs to be pulled with a fast, solid pull or else you won't get the results you need.

    Try reaming your barrel a bit at the end where the dart feeds into it if you haven't already (I'm unsure if the write up you followed outlines this). It's possible that it's getting stuck on the rim of the conduit.

    Finally, if all else fails, get a new barrel. 16mm conduit is fairly inconsistent. It's possible you got your hands on a very tight batch.
    avatar
    GLMC

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-03-29
    Age : 17
    Location : Blackheath NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  GLMC on Mon May 28, 2012 1:36 pm

    lech wrote:Terrible value. You can get the Titan, Hornet, scout pack from TrU for $70 and it goes down to 40-50 on sale.
    OK but sadly I don't live near any TrUs so
    avatar
    joshredder

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-10-15
    Age : 25
    Location : Launceston, tas

    any one here good with RCB springers

    Post  joshredder on Mon May 28, 2012 5:38 pm

    Here's my question is anyone here good with Ring Catch Blasters?
    Because I had a crazy thought of a manta'd rscb RCB and I was wondering if someone was to try this for commission, how much would you ask for it?
    As I've shown myself homemade springer's are not my fortay (last project was a 30kg snap, the damn triggers kept breaking/bending)
    And I was also wondering if I was to put a thread in of topic in regards to random nerfing ideas would anyone be opposed to me doing so?
    avatar
    AbyssHD

    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-11-04
    Age : 18
    Location : Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  AbyssHD on Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 am

    Jeo wrote:
    AbyssHD wrote:So it is supposed to be 300mm?

    Mine was too small then. Now I also think that the barrel wasn't centered properly. Wrapping some e-tape around it now.

    If it's even shorter you've certainly got an air leak somewhere. Blow down the barrel, it should be air tight. If it isn't, find the leak.
    Mine use to be shorter by about 20-30mm but now I've got a barell thats about 310mm when I did ream it though darts aren't sticking in there like they use to.

    Echoes wrote:
    AbyssHD wrote:(Note: This is with the glow in the dark darts and some streamlines.)

    The darts go way to far into the conduit and not flying out, when I shoot. In other words they're not on the edge of the barrel where supposed to be and they don't fire properly. All my glow in the dark darts, screw up and don't shoot at all, the streamlines usually shoot but some jam.

    What materials are you using for your RSCB? We've established you're using a 16mm conduit barrel, but what else has been put into making the rest of the RSCB? Depending on what you've used, it's entirely possible that you haven't put your RSCB together properly. The darts may be getting stuck on some of the fittings that haven't been fitted correctly.

    Also are you pulling your trigger hard enough? It's entirely possible that you aren't releasing the air quickly enough. The trigger needs to be pulled with a fast, solid pull or else you won't get the results you need.

    Try reaming your barrel a bit at the end where the dart feeds into it if you haven't already (I'm unsure if the write up you followed outlines this). It's possible that it's getting stuck on the rim of the conduit.

    Finally, if all else fails, get a new barrel. 16mm conduit is fairly inconsistent. It's possible you got your hands on a very tight batch.

    I'm definetly pulling the trigger hard enough because most streamlines feed and shoot properly, i'm also using 15mm PVC with the usual fittings.


    avatar
    NORTHENGHOST

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2012-02-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Boyanup, WA

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  NORTHENGHOST on Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 pm

    Rip it apart and do it again.
    avatar
    AbyssHD

    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-11-04
    Age : 18
    Location : Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  AbyssHD on Tue May 29, 2012 1:45 pm

    NORTHENGHOST wrote:Rip it apart and do it again.

    Considering I used plumbers glue, no, just no.
    avatar
    Swatsonia

    Posts : 457
    Join date : 2010-07-20
    Age : 24
    Location : Willeton, Perth, WA

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Swatsonia on Tue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm

    As i've continually said, cut the barrel down a centimetre at a time until darts fly consistently. Sometimes its down to the blaster, not the RSCB. Case and point, my UMB worked best with a 25cm barrel instead of a 30cm barrel.
    avatar
    lech

    Posts : 106
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 28
    Location : Preston, Victoria, Australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  lech on Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 am

    I think he should address the issue of the darts not sticking in the barrel properly first.
    avatar
    AbyssHD

    Posts : 166
    Join date : 2011-11-04
    Age : 18
    Location : Melbourne

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  AbyssHD on Wed May 30, 2012 9:00 am

    lech wrote:I think he should address the issue of the darts not sticking in the barrel properly first.

    Yes I now address this issue!
    avatar
    GLMC

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-03-29
    Age : 17
    Location : Blackheath NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  GLMC on Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 pm

    Should i buy 2 AT3Ks for $34+$56 postage from the us?
    avatar
    Acerised

    Posts : 618
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Acerised on Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 pm

    2-3 weeks delivery if you can wait. Or get one in Australia.
    avatar
    GLMC

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-03-29
    Age : 17
    Location : Blackheath NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  GLMC on Wed May 30, 2012 1:20 pm

    i mean is it worth it or not? cuz thats quite abit of money
    avatar
    Acerised

    Posts : 618
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Age : 23
    Location : North Brisbane

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Acerised on Wed May 30, 2012 1:23 pm

    Its up to you. There's a chance that it may get lost in transit from the States. Any also its a hassle sending parcels pack to the States for a Refund. It cost more sending it back. I've experienced this first hand and lost quite alot of money.
    avatar
    GLMC

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-03-29
    Age : 17
    Location : Blackheath NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  GLMC on Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 pm

    i guess what im getting at would this be cheaper than getting 2 from australia
    avatar
    Kaine

    Posts : 75
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 28
    Location : QLD, Murphys Creek.

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Kaine on Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 am

    Is it worth modding a Titan to use a bike pump instead of the original?
    If so, has anyone worked out how much?
    avatar
    Sicnut

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2012-03-13
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sicnut on Thu May 31, 2012 6:01 am

    Dunno how good the stock pump is but I love the summit pump, I use it on all my blasters. It primes the BBUMB with tank expansion in 1.5 pumps and my HC in 3 or 4 depending in dart used
    avatar
    Jeo

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 30
    Location : Canberra

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Jeo on Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 am

    Sicnut wrote:summit pump

    ???

    Link? Pic?
    avatar
    Sicnut

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2012-03-13
    Age : 29
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sicnut on Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am

    Don't have any pics but look on my tit cannon thread and it's the yellow pump in the side of that. They're about $13 at big W and it's the pack that says 30% more air our something
    avatar
    LostBoy

    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  LostBoy on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

    Why the *beep* does my Stampede jam every time I use it?!
    avatar
    Sairex

    Posts : 105
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Age : 30
    Location : Windsor, Brisbane

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sairex on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 pm

    LostBoy wrote:Why the *beep* does my Stampede jam every time I use it?!


    disassemble, reassemble, monged darts?, magazines not seated properly? have a look here internals wise LINKY
    avatar
    Echoes

    Posts : 433
    Join date : 2010-11-04
    Age : 27
    Location : Bass Hill, Sydney, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Echoes on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm

    LostBoy wrote:Why the *beep* does my Stampede jam every time I use it?!

    You've been around for a long time now, so you should know that if you don't post any pictures, no one can offer you any *beeping* solutions. So get your camera out and take photos of the internals and put them up with your question.
    avatar
    GLMC

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2012-03-29
    Age : 17
    Location : Blackheath NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  GLMC on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 am

    Would pom poms be a war legal tip for stefans cuz i know pretty much no one would have tried this but they actually work really well : P
    avatar
    LostBoy

    Posts : 546
    Join date : 2010-06-28
    Age : 19
    Location : Melbourne. Victoria

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  LostBoy on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:54 am

    Echoes wrote:
    LostBoy wrote:Why the *beep* does my Stampede jam every time I use it?!

    You've been around for a long time now, so you should know that if you don't post any pictures, no one can offer you any *beeping* solutions. So get your camera out and take photos of the internals and put them up with your question.

    It was the batteries..
    avatar
    dazzini

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 31
    Location : Redcliffe

    legal ramifications

    Post  dazzini on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:50 am

    So i had a slightly disturbing thought....... Does anyone know about the legal ramifications of selling modded commissions to people. Example i buy a modded tripleshot off someone shoot someone in the eye would the blame in any way come back to the person who modded it.
    avatar
    Sir_Spacemonkey

    Posts : 96
    Join date : 2011-10-04
    Age : 22
    Location : Budgewoi, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sir_Spacemonkey on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 am

    dazzini wrote:So i had a slightly disturbing thought....... Does anyone know about the legal ramifications of selling modded commissions to people. Example i buy a modded tripleshot off someone shoot someone in the eye would the blame in any way come back to the person who modded it.

    If you buy a gun, do you sue the gunsmith when you kill someone?
    avatar
    Jeo

    Posts : 462
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 30
    Location : Canberra

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Jeo on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 am

    No, but the gunsmith presumably isn't illegally selling an illegal weapon.

    Modified blasters are a bit of a grey area and particularly high powered blasters are not something I'd want to get involved with.
    avatar
    dazzini

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2012-03-05
    Age : 31
    Location : Redcliffe

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  dazzini on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 am

    Sir_Spacemonkey wrote:
    dazzini wrote:So i had a slightly disturbing thought....... Does anyone know about the legal ramifications of selling modded commissions to people. Example i buy a modded tripleshot off someone shoot someone in the eye would the blame in any way come back to the person who modded it.

    If you buy a gun, do you sue the gunsmith when you kill someone?

    well i have heard of people buying a coffee from macdonalds deliberately pouring it on themselves getting burnt and suing them so i just wondered if anyone had any legal insight
    avatar
    Sir_Spacemonkey

    Posts : 96
    Join date : 2011-10-04
    Age : 22
    Location : Budgewoi, NSW

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sir_Spacemonkey on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:50 pm

    dazzini wrote:
    Sir_Spacemonkey wrote:
    dazzini wrote:So i had a slightly disturbing thought....... Does anyone know about the legal ramifications of selling modded commissions to people. Example i buy a modded tripleshot off someone shoot someone in the eye would the blame in any way come back to the person who modded it.

    If you buy a gun, do you sue the gunsmith when you kill someone?

    well i have heard of people buying a coffee from macdonalds deliberately pouring it on themselves getting burnt and suing them so i just wondered if anyone had any legal insight

    are you selling or buying?
    avatar
    shaun12343

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2011-12-06
    Age : 20
    Location : mackay, australia

    want to know

    Post  shaun12343 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:56 am

    what would be the price for a nerf crossbow, bnib with everything
    avatar
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

    Posts : 2533
    Join date : 2009-07-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Brisbane Boi!

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  littlebro05 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 am

    I've seen it go up to $500-$1000 if it was BNIB.
    avatar
    shaun12343

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2011-12-06
    Age : 20
    Location : mackay, australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  shaun12343 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 am

    how much would anyone be willing to sell me a bnib sm5000 for? im looking at under $250

    avatar
    TylerMaxwell

    Posts : 211
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 20
    Location : Bundaberg Queensland

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  TylerMaxwell on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:26 am

    shaun12343 wrote:how much would anyone be willing to sell me a bnib sm5000 for? im looking at under $250



    Shaun recently a modified SM5000, and regardless of the mods greatly reduces it's value went for close to 500. BNIB would be far greater.
    avatar
    shaun12343

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2011-12-06
    Age : 20
    Location : mackay, australia

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  shaun12343 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:30 am

    well, over on nerfrevolution, drac offered to sell me one of his almost bnib crossbows, for $275 shipped.
    $275 shipped from the us, to where i am in australia

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Questions Thread.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:53 pm