Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+73
shaun12343
Sairex
KingCam
clem0x
GLMC
joshredder
ZeusPwns
Echoes
dazzini
stoph
Sicnut
Nooft1187
cfb_rolley
Servulus
WH1PLA5H
dchil15
JayDesu
Baconheart
camo1010
TylerMaxwell
Johnnus
ShadowSniper
Del0052
Acerised
IamWaylander
Napolean
mull
Philb2323
frostythesnowman
NORTHENGHOST
h3rrr0
Smeghead
likes2mod11
oznerfnerd
Eclipse
Reaper
natious
Kaine
Dietzie
Luke
|Shadow|
_D_
Zandor
lech
Rooksy
mister_elliott
Photo Ninja
JacobYeah
False
littlebro05
-mirsho
Joey
Sir_Spacemonkey
mavshot
inPhamous
Calico
pleagh
LostBoy
Swatsonia
evozn
sniperdude49
Jeo
ApoKalyptiK x
SuctionCup
Unknown
Brunius
clunk07
Sheepie_125
revo
Ungmon
AbyssHD
abowden
Bacara
77 posters

The Questions Thread.

Johnnus
    Johnnus

The Questions Thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: The Questions Thread.

Post  Johnnus Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 am

clunk07 wrote:... but, honestly, $10 for a cheap set of pipe cutters isn't too bad really...
    Oh wow, that's cheap. I kind of expected something more expensive, but if it's that cheap I'll probably get a set then.
    Thanks clunk!
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

The Questions Thread. - Page 14 Empty Rscb LS Priming help!!!

Post  sniperdude49 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 am

Hey Guys,

The other day I posted This:
    The Questions Thread. - Page 14 Rscb_l11

Now down to the problem. I need help on how to make the priming mech so if you have a Rscb Longshot could you either post a picture/diagram or please tell me how!

Thanks,
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 pm

A quick search shows no results, so I'll ask here.

Ultrafire or Trustfire? Which one and why? (for a Stampede)

Recommended spring/kit to use? (I know this depends on what I want from my blaster, but I'm just wondering what set-ups others have.)

Thanks
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 am

Quality wise, there’s very little difference. I prefer the Trustfires though as they are marginally bigger than a standard AA which makes their use in convertors easier. Conversely, the Ultrafires are marginally smaller which makes their use in convertors harder.

For springs I prefer the BT kit as it’s easier to use. Plenty of people swear by the SS spring though; it’s a good amount cheaper but comes with less other things.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 am

Jeo wrote:
    For springs I prefer the BT kit as it’s easier to use. Plenty of people swear by the SS spring though; it’s a good amount cheaper but comes with less other things.

An SSSpring is a TS/LS spec spring, too large to fit in a 'pede, however, a Servulus spring works perfectly, I had one in mine before I sold it.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:18 am

Sorry, Servulus is what I meant.
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:21 am

What is the recommended/max pressure a plugged titan tank can handle?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Sir_Spacemonkey wrote:What is the recommended/max pressure a plugged titan tank can handle?

I run mine constantly at 35 - 40 psi. Getting them above that pressure with a hand-pump isn't easy.

I asked Phuong the same question a while ago, and he said his compressor-fed Titan had handled close to 100 psi. I'd err on the side of caution with that though...

And, not nit-picking, but you only plug the pump, not the tank. Plugging overrides the OPRV, and doesn't make any difference to max psi of the tank.

Cheers,
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:52 am

clunk07 wrote:
    Sir_Spacemonkey wrote:What is the recommended/max pressure a plugged titan tank can handle?

I run mine constantly at 35 - 40 psi. Getting them above that pressure with a hand-pump isn't easy.

I asked Phuong the same question a while ago, and he said his compressor-fed Titan had handled close to 100 psi. I'd err on the side of caution with that though...

And, not nit-picking, but you only plug the pump, not the tank. Plugging overrides the OPRV, and doesn't make any difference to max psi of the tank.

Cheers,

Yeah I realized my mistake after noticing that I don't need to plug the pump if I'm doing a replacement *facepalm* I just got confused is all. I've come to discover though that my tank does leak air and am unsure of whether this is intentional or not, and how to fix it. I haven't added much detail but I was wondering if this is common and there was a specific spot that it happened and a way to fix it.
    dchil15
    dchil15

Post  dchil15 Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Where would you find a triple shot or hand cannon in the south east queensland area or online? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Alpha trooper or putting in an OMW mod kit. 
    ETA: Not looking for one right now, just where to get them when i get birthday money in a few weeks.
    Preferably online.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Dchil15 wrote:Where would you find a triple shot or hand cannon in the south east queensland area or online? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Alpha trooper or putting in an OMW mod kit. 
    ETA: Not looking for one right now, just where to get them when i get birthday money in a few weeks.
    Preferably online.

Hi Dchil15

The triple shot are normally found in toys r us, and the hand cannon I think can be found in Toyworld,

At the moment it people are having trouble find triple shots down here in Melbourne it posable that they have stop making them or Toys r us have stop stocking them. 

From Cameron.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:30 am

Hey all, I'm looking to mod my Centurion (gasp! D:) but I'm going to explore singling it - thus doing away with the MEGA 6-dart magazine and all the glorious jamming that brings - plus hopefully redesigning the breech a bit so that reduces the number of dart chewing sacrifices to the large red monster...

Just wondering if anyone has found any suitable barrel material and sizes* that would fit the new MEGA darts?

sizes* = not sure yet whether I'll keep the spring plunger tube system, or smack an air tank of some sorts into it...

Tried going around my local Bunnings and Mitre 10 stores with a MEGA dart but couldn't find anything remotely close to fit... may need to source materials online :\
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:38 am

Zandor wrote:Hey all, I'm looking to mod my Centurion (gasp! D:) but I'm going to explore singling it - thus doing away with the MEGA 6-dart magazine and all the glorious jamming that brings - plus hopefully redesigning the breech a bit so that reduces the number of dart chewing sacrifices to the large red monster...

Just wondering if anyone has found any suitable barrel material and sizes* that would fit the new MEGA darts?

sizes* = not sure yet whether I'll keep the spring plunger tube system, or smack an air tank of some sorts into it...

Tried going around my local Bunnings and Mitre 10 stores with a MEGA dart but couldn't find anything remotely close to fit... may need to source materials online :\
    Hey Zandor, if you are removing the MEGA dart clip, why don't you remove the MEGA darts completely and just mod it to shoot standard size darts? It would make finding ammo a lot easier, and also I think with all the air from the Centurion's massive plunger might end up a bit much for standard MEGA darts to be half accurate. That's just my opinion, I've never actually used a Centurion. If you want to keep the MEGA darts, I'm not really sure what barrel you could use, maybe K&S make a brass that would fit them? Good luck!
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 am

Hey Sanchez :-)

I have considered going down the path of ditching the MEGA darts, Xplorer style, but I came to the conclusion that my Longshot already takes care of that.

I really like the concept of using larger darts, may even explore making custom MEGA darts for better performance and durability.

But from using my Centurions I found its the whole dart loading system that is letting me down the most. I like the Centurion and have an awesome cosmetic mod planned for it...

... All I need is barrel materials that will fit the bloomin' darts ;_;
    Sanchez
    Sanchez

Post  Sanchez Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

I guess that's fair enough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the darts are around 25mm? All I can think of in that size would be K&S brass (not sure if they go that big), conduit (have you checked an electrical store?), 20mm pvc pressure pipe (25mm ID) and maybe 25mm aluminium from bunnings?

http://www.bunnings.com.au/metalmate-rcr-25-x-1mm-1m-aluminium-round-tube_p1067784 - That's the aluminium tube, probably be too tight, but I guess its worth a try.
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:31 pm

The MEGA's are 20mm diameter. Most of the conduit / metal / PVC pipes I found were either far too big or just a bit too *twist* tight fit for MEGA's.

That being said, the stores I checked didn't have much of a range; a lot of what they normally carry was "out of stock / on order". One place I haven't tried yet is a hobby shop up the road from my work that sells brass and other metal tubes - I'll check them out.

I guess bottom line is keep trying different shops that sell tubes and shove MEGA's into every 'barrel' until I find one that's a good fit. Thanks for the help though Sanchez; you've given me a couple of ideas to work from for now

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm