Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
natious
Akimbo Assassin
Philb2323
|Shadow|
sniperdude49
Rocafix
ApoKalyptiK x
MRGenie
12 posters

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip.

MRGenie
    MRGenie

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip. Empty Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip.

Post  MRGenie Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:39 am

Hi all,

I don't know if this method has been tried yed, so I may aswell!

What you will need:

Alpha trooper grip (unscrewed)
    Tarzan's Grip Glue (any glue or epoxy is fine)
    LS Front gun handle
    Phillips head screwdriver

Note: As I have already done this mod, I will only show some steps with pictures, but the method is pretty simple.

Step 1: Unscrew the Alpha Trooper's priming handle.

Step 2: Unscrew the LS FG's handle and take the trigger mechanism out. Sand down the top of the handle so that it sits flush with the A.T Priming handle.

Step 3: Glue (or Epoxy) the LS FG handle to the A.T handle like so.

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip. Img00010

Step 4: Let the glue/ epoxy dry and put the gun back together!

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip. Img00011

Voila!

All done, I like this mod very much as it helps with the slamfire ability.
    I am thinking of doing an integration (S.S or something).

This mod was done in 15 mins, with 1 hr to dry (quick method, look on glue packet).

Thanks all,

MRGenie

ApoKalyptiK x
    ApoKalyptiK x

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip. Empty Re: Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip.

Post  ApoKalyptiK x Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 am

I used duct-tape to achieve the same result

Nice writeup!
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip. Empty Re: Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip.

Post  Rocafix Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 am

You're kinda keeping your nitefinder cocked
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:10 am

Is it strong enough to withstand wars?
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 am

sniperdude49 wrote:Is it strong enough to withstand wars?
    If you leav it dry, then yes, it can withstand quite a force. I would reccomend 2 applications of glue/epoxy for maximum strength.

Thanks,

MRGenie
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 am

Nice work!

Maybe you could also epoxy putty fill the top part of grip and use self tapping screws for a cleaner look.
    Haven't done it myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 am

Yes, I am working on a bondo/epoxy putty mix to fill in the gaps up the top to make it look flush, then a paint job is required (digital camo) which I will post on the thread once finished!
    I have done an exceptional job of making it lined up (if I say so myself) so more screws is not necessary.
    Thanks for the comments and critiques,

MRGenie
    Philb2323
    Philb2323

Post  Philb2323 Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 am

Looks sick bro! Hope you made it so you can still unscrew the slide, cause it'd be a shame to wreck it.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Haha, well done MRGenie, you obviously have the same idea as I did.

Alpha Trooper: Priming handle grip. Foo_fi15

However were you just using quick-dry epoxy glue alone? Let me warn you, it is not strong enough for repeated priming. Why? Because I used the stronger 3-day epoxy glue on mine, and after a number of harsh priming, the LSFG-handle came off. What I then had to do was reapplied the 3-day epoxy glue again between the priming handle and the LSFG-handle, applied hot glue inside AND inserted a screw inside each half of the handle grip. Now that should reinforce it
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Haha, well done MRGenie, you obviously have the same idea as I did.

However were you just using quick-dry epoxy glue alone? Let me warn you, it is not strong enough for repeated priming. Why? Because I used the stronger 3-day epoxy glue on mine, and after a number of harsh priming, the LSFG-handle came off. What I then had to do was reapplied the 3-day epoxy glue again between the priming handle and the LSFG-handle, applied hot glue inside AND inserted a screw inside each half of the handle grip. Now that should reinforce it
    I used a different kind of adhesive (some type of f*%^ing strong glue, 2 applicatiions lasted it through a recent war at my party (lol, it was insane) and it still works fine. I am going to Mitre 10 tomorrow and am going to get some stuff :D, so I will look in to some nail/screw ideas there (thanks for the tip, guys) and will add some type of epoxy/ redo the glue again just to be sure and obviously, the glue is paint able so it will look like it is meant to be <3. Do you have a stronger spring in yours? If yes, then a breakage would be understandable but I am using the stock spring with the plunger wrapped in 1 cm of e-tape so I haven't the need to prime it that badly.

Thanks,

MRGenie
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Yes, I have the stronger Black Tactical spring in it.
    natious

Post  natious Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Haha, well done MRGenie, you obviously have the same idea as I did.

wow, that looks pretty amazing! Any hints on the technique you used for the camo?
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:Yes, I have the stronger Black Tactical spring in it.
    Yes, there is why you have broken yours...... I am poor (lol not) so I can't get the black tac springs at the moment, but I might get one of oznerfnerd's eBay springs once I move.

Thanks,

MRGenie
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 am

UPDATE: I have done a combo of 1st layer super glue (2 applications), then I have made the combo smooth by filling it in with plastibond (only just finished), leaving it to dry overnight, and will post pics of completed gun in the morning. :D's all around

Thanks for the advice/critiques guys!

MRGenie
    natious

Post  natious Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am

i cant see superglue working well at all
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 am

natious wrote:wow, that looks pretty amazing! Any hints on the technique you used for the camo?

There are YouTube videos you can find that show you how to paint digital camo. You will need spray cans or airbrush, I use airbrush. I printed several copies of black and white digital camo pattern on self-adhesive inkjet printable paper. Cut out those patterns with exacto knife and stick them on the surface where I want to paint the pattern. For this AT, I sprayed a base colour of tan, applied the adhesive pattern, sprayed a coat of brown, applied more adhesive pattern, sprayed a coat of green, applied more adhesive pattern and finally some black. A base primer and a couple of final coats of clear coat are applied of course.
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 am

natious wrote:i cant see superglue working well at all
    it is more of a under layer sortof thing, the plastibond works wonders with integrations and stuff.

Thanks,

MRGenie
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am

Nah mate you don't do undercoats with adhesives (generally!) the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Superglue is pretty bad with any repetitive stress, you want just epoxy, or just whatever the strongest stuff you can get is. If I was doing this i'd go with e-putty filler and screws as other people have suggested.

Also I dunno why people do this to their handles anyway. Just hold the AT foregrip in your right hand and make like you're fapping an elephant! fapfapfap! Ah well, each to their own.
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 pm

mister_elliott wrote:Nah mate you don't do undercoats with adhesives (generally!) the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Superglue is pretty bad with any repetitive stress, you want just epoxy, or just whatever the strongest stuff you can get is. If I was doing this i'd go with e-putty filler and screws as other people have suggested.

Also I dunno why people do this to their handles anyway. Just hold the AT foregrip in your right hand and make like you're fapping an elephant! fapfapfap! Ah well, each to their own.
    Thanks for the tips mate! I am a noob at the whole nerf thing, and I have just done the final paint job on it (yet to be revealed :)) so I have'nt the time or tools to do the screw thing, all I did is fill the gaps/space in with plastibond...... IMHO I am not going to do much else as I am not getting a new spring (thanks allowance...) so the force used on the handle will be minimal (IMO).

Thanks for the tips and help guys.....

MRGenie
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:08 am

i also did this with electrical tape and i strengthened my recon stock with a few bits of sheet metal and A LOT of electrical tape... i found some 15mm chrome pipe that i use as barrel extension...
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

Good idea! I am trying to find a suitable barrel material for my 50. CAL project (yet to be revealed!).

Thanks,

MRGenie
    ShadowSniper
    ShadowSniper

Post  ShadowSniper Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 am

Good idea, but you have essentially recreated the Raider.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 am

ShadowSniper wrote:Good idea, but you have essentially recreated the Raider.

Raider = Crap
    Alpha trooper = Awesome

Regards, NORTHENGHOST
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:38 am

NORTHENGHOST wrote:Raider = Crap
    Alpha trooper = Awesome

Regards, NORTHENGHOST

Sorry what, they're practically identical apart from the priming handle.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 am

Jeo wrote:
    NORTHENGHOST wrote:Raider = Crap
    Alpha trooper = Awesome

Regards, NORTHENGHOST

Sorry what, they're practically identical apart from the priming handle.

Well,
    1. The way you load the clips
    2. and from past experiences the alpha-trooper always out does the raider in about every thing except dart capacity
    3. It's up to personal preference, I prefer AT
    ShadowSniper
    ShadowSniper

Post  ShadowSniper Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:15 am

You are right, the AT does beat the Raider in everything but ammo. And epicness.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 pm