Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues.

Philb2323
    Philb2323

Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues. Empty Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues.

Post  Philb2323 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 am

This is a very simple modification for anyone who has bought a Massacre kit, it fixes all the issues that the kit has with vacuum loading and allows the slide to stay in the home position without getting sucked back along the blaster, whilst helping the plunger take full advantage of its air capacity.

Tools required:
    number 10 oxy tip cleaning tool (essentially it is just a 1mm drill bit with a small handle)

Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues. Img_0413

All that is needed is for a single small hole to be drilled in the plunger, as shown above. Make sure that you remove all burrs and sharp edges from the hole, paying extra attention to the inside of the plunger, if you leave any behind your O-ring will not last very long.
    The location of the hole allows the plunger to Vacuum load the dart as far back as it will fit, then as the slide is returned to the fully forward position, the O-ring slides past the hole allowing the pressure in the plunger to neutralise. Upon pulling the trigger, the plunger is released and immediatly slides past the hole again returning the plunger to its fully sealed state as it compresses and fires the dart out.

For best results, I also recommend lubricating the inside of the bolt / breech, and face of the dart tooth with a light spray of cooking oil, It helps seal the dart and the reduction in friction allows it to vacuum load further and smoother, I have not had a single jam since performing this mod, and I believe this has helped with that.

With just the stock blasters spring used with the massacres internals and the barrel attached, my blaster is shooting streamlines 15m flat with ease (this is the longest hallway in my house), is very quiet and easy to cock (gives a very satisfying pop as the dart is fired). With the OMW 6kg spring installed the darts fire much faster, the action isn't as quiet, and the barrel is all but essential with streamlines as they are fired so hard they will turn 45* about 5m out without it.

Once my OMW account is approved I will be add this to their forums too.

If you try this Mod please leave your feedback here.
    Philb2323
    Philb2323

Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues. Empty Re: Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues.

Post  Philb2323 Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm

This fix has now been added to the Official trouble shooting thread on the OMW forum after being tested by Jun at OMW.
    iamthatcat

Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues. Empty Re: Recon MASSACRE kit fix, for priming / vacuum load issues.

Post  iamthatcat Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 am

This is pretty sophisticated considering that it consists of a single hole. I've had similar issues and clearing it up increases range and functioning. I have been dealing with it by not vacuum loading darts (ramrodding), using breeches or finding ways to vent the plunger in action. This is illustrative for me since I have never actually seen the required hole to scale. I think I even have a tool similar to what you suggest.

I would add that this mod can likely be applied to a variety of blasters.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 am

Philb2323: You actually caused me a moment of embarasment with this writeup as it is somthing so simple that everyone should have thought of it but it is over looked.
    As an alternative to a small drill/tip cleaner I used a heated pin to poke a hole in my NiteFinder plunger to solve my vacuum loading issue.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am

That's actually really smart. I personally don't have the kit, but I have had the problem with a modded raider of mine. I'll give it a try sometime. Thanks!
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:59 am

This simple little mod is just great and it also works on stock nerf reverse plungers that have had the seal improved to 99%-100%

I was having problems with my Modded Long Strike stock plunger after replacing the o-ring and spring.
    The seal was air tight and has a very hard resistance feel on it with no air getting out.
    I also removed all the locks from it so I could remove the clip at anytime and de-prime the blaster.

When the bolt would come forward the pressure from the plunger would pop the dart out of the pipe just before hitting the dart tooth.
    This would cause the bolt sled not to close correctly and the gun would fail to fire until you pushed the bolt all the way forward.
    Sometimes darts would get jammed too.

But after doing this all the problems where solved
    Now the action is very smooth and the blaster is getting 70-80ft.

Looking back now on all the past modding i have done on reverse plungers I can see now why I always had problems after playing around with the seal.
    And I always thought I was my fault lol

Great work Philb2323, keep it up : )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 pm