Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
clunk07
TylerMaxwell
littlebro05
Metabolis
8 posters

Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet. 25/03/2012.

Metabolis

Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet.  25/03/2012. Empty Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet. 25/03/2012.

Post  Metabolis Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Hello all,

To anyone who attended the Bill Moore Park nerf meet today, and to anyone who plans to attend any further events at this park please keep this in mind.

As the father of a young child, the language that carries across from the park to where I live is not something I want my child to be hearing. You are meeting at a place where children play and live nearby. Conduct yourselves in an appropriate manner.

After today's meet there were nerf bullets left all over the park, mostly around trees where people seem to enjoy hiding. My son and I went around and picked up as many as we could find in an effort to keep the park clean.

The park is a public place that we all enjoy using. Treat it with the respect that it deserves.

Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet.  25/03/2012. Nerf
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet.  25/03/2012. Empty Re: Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet. 25/03/2012.

Post  littlebro05 Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Sorry to have offended you. We will try to use less offensive language, it's a little hard to not swear because of the 'Y generation', we use it like a habit. I will definitely keep this in mind though and try to swear less often, or not swear at all.

We would of loved you to actually personally came to us and said something about it, we would not have been offended about the feedback on how we should conduct ourselves. Just because we swear alot, doesn't mean we're bad people. We aren't going to going to tell you to '**** off', you know how it is, treat others like how you would like to be treated.

As for the 'nerf bullets' on the ground, we try the best we can to clean the park up after we finish the war, but obviously we won't be able to spot every single foam blank that has been shot inside the ground, it's the truth. We try to pick up every dart we can because obviously it costs money to actually use these. We aren't rich people you know, we are just average people studying, working-full time jobs or still in school.
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet.  25/03/2012. Empty Re: Bill Moore Park (Brisbane Southside) Nerf Meet. 25/03/2012.

Post  TylerMaxwell Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:00 pm

That's a ridiculous amount of darts left behind considering the amount of people that went. But I too know the feeling, We have 3v3's and 4v4's at our Local Park (Norville) and sometimes we'll head up to the Local Pool to buy snacks and they tell us when ever they do training they find hundreds of our (Mainly my) bullets scattered in places we never even noticed.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Actually, that's a fairly minor amount of darts left behind, considering the numbers that attended.

And, like littlebro05 said, these darts cost money, so obviously the aim is to try and recover as many as possible.

As for the swearing - well, that's just a part of life. The volume may be an issue, but it is a public place, and I'm yet to see a law that prohibits people from using profanities in public when used without aggression/malcontent. It doesn't mean that these people are disrespectful or not courteous, they're just average people. I'm sure if you've ever been to a PUBLIC BAR, a football game or walked past a worksite, then you would have been exposed to far worse language than a bunch of people playing NERF.

And, as you mentioned, it is a PUBLIC park, where people congregate. I'm sure that if there was a bunch of 30 year old adults playing football and swearing, then you probably wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

As for respect, where was yours for the people concerned that were apparently conducting themselves in an inappropriate manner. I mean, if we're going to talk about respect and courtesy, why not address the issue with these people in person, rather than broadcast it over an internet forum??

Being a father of a 2 y.o. girl, I can appreciate how you would want to shield your child from hearing language like this. Unfortunately, our children will be exposed to this, and much worse, as they grow up. We can't protect them from everything, and not every experience that they will have in life will be positive. I think I'd rather teach my child about being respectful and courteous, and addressing issues head-on, than be concerned about her overhearing a bunch of people swearing.

Cheers,

Last edited by clunk07 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Yea it is only fair that you come over and tell us if we are out of line with language.

We aren't like a bike gang or hard core criminals. We are responsible nerf enthusiasts and would appreciate it if you tell us in person.
    Rocafix
    Rocafix

Post  Rocafix Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks for the complain. It will actually help our nerf community form in a better way and maybe allow more people to join.
    Sorry for the hassle it caused you but our group only play there once a month and we love that park!

Cheers
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 am

I've always hated the amount of language used at even spee dfoam events. People even getting hit with low power guns often go straight for f or s words when "damn" is probably more appropriate. You don't get respect for swearing out loud just cos you got hit, you get respected for shaking it off and coming on ready to play the peoplenext game. Many of the people who swear are GROWN ASS MEN and there's no reason for it. About the darts, people need to take some responsibility for cleaning up. If we get done for littering, nerf will be dead in QLD.

It's time to man up and be people who build this as a sport and as part of the community.
    AustralAZN_
    AustralAZN_

Post  AustralAZN_ Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:15 am

We will take your concerns into consideration and will focus on how we can improve the standards of all future games.
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 am

In the end thanks for picking up the darts.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm going to lock this thread before anything else escalates. The user who has posted this complaint please contact me directly through the forum PM system. Next time we're there, come actually say hello. We're not going to bite, we would rather you come to us personally than you using a forum out of fear that we're going to harm you.

Just look at us, we're just adults with toy nerf blasters. Do you honestly think we're going to harm you. I'm actually offended that you didn't come to us personally. I still apologise for the swearing, it was out of place.

They're foam darts, not bullets. If they were bullets, we would be all dead. This was a very tiny portion we used. If you we didn't 'clean up after ourselves', you'd be picking a hell of a lot more than that small bag.

We had another father there warring with his son, and he was fine with the swearing. However, different views and beliefs will always clash, so not everyone will be a winner. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm