Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
camo1010
|Shadow|
cfb_rolley
NORTHENGHOST
Jeo
littlebro05
WH1PLA5H
AbyssHD
12 posters

What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod.

AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod. Empty What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod.

Post  AbyssHD Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am

Exactly what the title says,
    also if it is the Stampede please don't recommend it, I don't have the money at the moment to buy the Stampede and I don't have much experience with brass breeches so i'm not going to mod it.

But yeah, please reccomend a gun like the Barricade or Rayven.
    Shoot me your opinions.
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod. Empty Re: What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod.

Post  WH1PLA5H Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:54 am

Well, you have listed the two easiest. Just throw in some better batteries into their stock trays and fire... or you can do what I did and throw a 7.4v lipo into the rear stock and enjoy longer run times.

And I picked up 2 stampedes yesterday cheaper then Rayvens!!! They were $39 each at Kmart.
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod. Empty Re: What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod.

Post  AbyssHD Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 am

WH1PLA5H wrote:Well, you have listed the two easiest. Just throw in some better batteries into their stock trays and fire... or you can do what I did and throw a 7.4v lipo into the rear stock and enjoy longer run times.

And I picked up 2 stampedes yesterday cheaper then Rayvens!!! They were $39 each at Kmart.

So i could just technically throw in some trustfire batteries and the blasters work better?

I know trustfires are hell of a lot stronger than 'normal' batteries but would it make the flytwheels 'whizz' quicker or......

And do you have a link providing information about the lipo and how to install it?

(sorry for being a pain, just curious)
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 am

Flywheels in general are the easiest because nothing really can go wrong except for the motor burning out.
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

What is the 'noobiest' gun to upgrade with a voltage mod. Empty Ordering.

Post  AbyssHD Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 am

Ok I think I will eventually invest in a barricade and buy some trustfires off deal extreme.
    Do I need a battery pack?
    (And I know you guys said 'stock tray' but maybe for another time.)
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:30 am

if i pull apart my Rayven again I will take some photos and throw up a thread on how I did my mods for those interested for sure.

But yes, a Rayven with better batteries is really a awesome step in the right direction. 18 bullets darts per clip, throw in a few clips onto a bandolier strap or something and your set for some CQC fun.

Last edited by Dietzie on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I have never seen a NERF bullet)
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 am

Both the Rayven and Barricade will take AA lipos with no effort at all.

Barricades will need additional mods with 3 batteries, but will cope fine with 2 and a standard battery or a spacer.
    The Rayven will run with up to 4 batteries, but it will burn out pretty quickly. Should last a lot longer with 2 lipos and 2 standard batteries or even 3 and 1.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Don't Lipo batteries have a high chance of overheating and exploding?
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Sorry, Li-ion, no lipo.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 pm

NORTHENGHOST wrote:Don't Lipo batteries have a high chance of overheating and exploding?

apparently. but I think that's if you charge them for wayyyy too long.

I recommend the Barricade over the rayven, purely because they're $15 cheaper. Though the Rayven would be the better investment if you can justify spending 45 bucks on a nerf blaster that's a simpler build than the stampede which sells for $6 less (seriously, wtf is with that?!)
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:02 pm

cfb_rolley wrote:
    NORTHENGHOST wrote:Don't Lipo batteries have a high chance of overheating and exploding?

apparently. but I think that's if you charge them for wayyyy too long.

I recommend the Barricade over the rayven, purely because they're $15 cheaper. Though the Rayven would be the better investment if you can justify spending 45 bucks on a nerf blaster that's a simpler build than the stampede which sells for $6 less (seriously, wtf is with that?!)

hehe ALWAYS the new toy's cost more : D
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Rayven shoots further and more accurate then a stampede, its lighter, quicker to pull up and carry. Altho the stampede will shoot faster, it takes ALOT more modding to make it any where near as good of a gun. Just some thoughts from someone with both
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:25 pm

But to get a rayven to shoot as far as a stampede, it has to sound like a small jet engine.

But I guess it is up to the person and they modding ability.

Regards, NORTHENGHOST
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Yea it would be noisy.

There wouldn't be any chance of sneaking up on someone
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Yeah sorry to say but my Stampede shoot further/fast and doesn't sound like a lawn mower : D
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Is a plane, no, it's a motor bike,no, it's a raven on roids!

It could be good if there was a way to make them quiet
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Mount the motors in a sound proof chamber?
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:05 pm

NORTHENGHOST wrote:Mount the motors in a sound proof chamber?

Because I've got the kind of cash haha right? lol.

A dream gun of sorts would be a chain-fed stampede lol.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:12 pm

TylerMaxwell wrote:

Chain-fed?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Please don't recommend mixing standard alkaline batteries with li-ion batteries...
    That's a major Fricking mistake. Simplest way is using 2 trustfire's in a barricade, and buying a AA dummy spacer. Otherwise, open up the blaster, and solder a wise across one set of terminals, to replicate what the funny spacer would do.

If that doesn't make sense, check out my barricade tutorial in the mod directory.

Cheers,
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:09 pm

What you really need to do, though, is get a vulcan. then attach as many coat-hanger you can find to it, they have to be the metal wire ones though otherwise this won't work. trust me, I'm a scientist that does science. get your coat hangered vulcan and dip it in water, or powerade. soak it for 4.68 hours, then you want to take it straight out on the exact second that time is up. go outside and clear some space, about a 3m radius is enough. put the vulcan in the centre of this space and wait for a thunderstorm. if you dipped it in powerade, it should only take a couple of minutes. the thunderstorm will strike lightning down upon the vulcan, giving it eternal power maximum. after the storm is over, load up some vulcan belts and look for your brother/mother/ kid down the street to test it on. if you did it right your vulcan should now fire at 60,000 rpm and put holes in sheet metal.

trust me, I'm a scientist.

I do science.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:09 pm

TylerMaxwell wrote:

It's call a Vulcan.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:14 pm

killerbunny wrote:
    TylerMaxwell wrote:

It's call a Vulcan.

AHAH yeah i was going to say the same thing
    camo1010
    camo1010

Post  camo1010 Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm

cfb_rolley wrote:What you really need to do, though, is get a vulcan. then attach as many coat-hanger you can find to it, they have to be the metal wire ones though otherwise this won't work. trust me, I'm a scientist that does science. get your coat hangered vulcan and dip it in water, or powerade. soak it for 4.68 hours, then you want to take it straight out on the exact second that time is up. go outside and clear some space, about a 3m radius is enough. put the vulcan in the centre of this space and wait for a thunderstorm. if you dipped it in powerade, it should only take a couple of minutes. the thunderstorm will strike lightning down upon the vulcan, giving it eternal power maximum. after the storm is over, load up some vulcan belts and look for your brother/mother/ kid down the street to test it on. if you did it right your vulcan should now fire at 60,000 rpm and put holes in sheet metal.

trust me, I'm a scientist.

I do science.

Bad idea, now I'm gonna have to try it... And level the neighbours house Rambo-style. Noisy mongrels
    Sicnut
    Sicnut

Post  Sicnut Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:42 am

Hey bro just recommending the rayven if you want to do a well rounded flywheel as the motors are far far more superior to the barricades and the internals are slightly larger to work on. I've found converting to 12v which generally sits around 14v runs well but requires more time as I did a complete rewire with heavier cable etc. And unless you do a mag conversion on your barricade like mine, the standard feed system it's terrible. also don't worry about the nose as all mine sound like jet engines taking off. But it is a cool imposing sound as you spool up
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:54 am

Sicnut wrote:/snip... But it is a cool imposing sound as you spool up

It sure is! At my last War I held a hole corridor for ages on my own with my stock recon and my Rayven, if they got too close, i would just prime it, they would back off - because they knew i had the range to hit them, but i wasn't wasting my ammo for random shots or risking reloading and get rushed by them. I waited for backup and to be rearmed with the other guns before we kicked their asses

NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:57 am

WH1PLA5H wrote:
    Sicnut wrote:/snip... But it is a cool imposing sound as you spool up

It sure is! At my last War I held a hole corridor for ages on my own with my stock recon and my Rayven, if they got too close, i would just prime it, they would back off - because they knew i had the range to hit them, but i wasn't wasting my ammo for random shots or risking reloading and get rushed by them. I waited for backup and to be rearmed with the other guns before we kicked their asses

"Like"
    Sicnut
    Sicnut

Post  Sicnut Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Haha thats awesome yeah gotta love em indoors

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm