Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
littlebro05
evozn
Jeo
Samurai
DA KING
9 posters

What blasters allowed for nerf wars.

DA KING
    DA KING

What blasters allowed for nerf wars. Empty What blasters allowed for nerf wars.

Post  DA KING Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm

I recently made a new air powered gun out of PVC pipe from scratch, and I wanted to know whether it would be allowed at the wars? Sorry I have no picture but it's basically a sports pump connected to a T-bar. One end goes to a 1.25 L bottle and the other goes, to a valve (used as a trigger) and then the barrel.

P.S. It does fire nerf darts.
    Samurai
    Samurai

What blasters allowed for nerf wars. Empty Re: What blasters allowed for nerf wars.

Post  Samurai Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

I do not believe so.
    Homemades are not very appealing to the public.
    Jeo
    Jeo

What blasters allowed for nerf wars. Empty Re: What blasters allowed for nerf wars.

Post  Jeo Mon May 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Depends entirely on who runs the games you attend. Head along to a game and ask.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

The rule for Melbourne wars is no homemades, unless they are put into a shell. So you would have to get some blasters and hack them up to make something to fit your blaster.

Powerful air blasters have to be verified by the host, most of the time it's our SLO.

Last edited by evozn on Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Try to use the term 'blaster' instead of 'gun'. It's just because the stigma attached to the term gun is violence and stuff. Which Nerf isn't really, but that's how the public sees it.

I personally would ban that blaster. It's illegal if it's homemade, unless you can hide 1.25L in a nerf blaster lol.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Tue May 15, 2012 12:23 am

just a heads up, what you're building is technically a small air gun. I say gun not blaster because to the public and to authorities it could be considered a firearm. However since you're using it as a dart blaster it falls in to a bit of a grey area as it's really the same as say, a magstrike, rather than an .22 air rifle. Putting it in to a shell would make it 10 times more obvious that you're in fact not up to no good and aren't planning some kind of elaborate terrorist plot, and mean that you probably won't have any issues with the authorities.

But do be careful with homemade air blasters, they fall under the same sort of laws as air powered potato cannons and such which means if you're being stupid with them, you're gonna get in trouble.
    DA KING
    DA KING

Post  DA KING Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks for your inputs. I will take to verify with the ref, and if he/she tells me I can't use it, well what can I do. As for putting it in a nerf case, I will try that over the weekend. If i can't would it help painting it yellow, orange and grey (to look more like a toy). And I will definitely start using the term "blaster" instead of "gun".
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Tue May 15, 2012 1:42 am

painting it those colours would probably save your neck more. it's pretty unlikely that you'd get in to trouble with it, I have 4 potato cannons (which can be put in the same category as RPGs), but since I'm not waving them around in public or blasting them over people's houses, I've never had any issues. the main message here is just "don't go being an idiot with it, you can get in lots of trouble if you do".
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 am

evozn wrote:The rule for Melbourne wars is no homemades, unless they are put into a shell. So you would have to get some blasters and hack them up to make something to fit your blaster.

Powerful air blasters have to be verified by the host, most of the time it's our SLO.

Seeing as Silent Scope is the SLO for Vic, I would say that you should just mod up a few blasters instead. That airgun WILL be banned.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 am

SLO?
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 am

State Lead Organiser or some such, its an AN term that was coined a few months back.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Tue May 15, 2012 6:36 am

Ahh, chhers.

Sorry for going off topic there OP.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

I do here that you can but you would have to somehow put it into a shell of a nerf gun of your chose. If its not that big try putting it in a shell of a mavrick or if it's big try a longstrike.
    joshredder
    joshredder

What blasters allowed for nerf wars. Empty homemades

Post  joshredder Wed May 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Generally banned, but in regards to the whole air gun issue, whats the difference between a modded titan and a homemade airgun?
    both use pressurized air to fire a projectile.
    Some food for thought.

If you were to attend a war I organized, My only requirements would be.
    > the blaster should have an over pressure release valve.
    >180ft range is the Max range I'd allow (from a single shot, Less if breached or clipped).
    >Bright colors are a must, if you want to war with it.
    > an air tank covering of some description, (pool noodle or denim and tape ex.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm