Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP

FaytZero
    FaytZero

Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP Empty Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP

Post  FaytZero Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:58 am

Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP MGalleryItem
    Is proud to present the
    Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP MGalleryItem

The Repulser is a clip fed, brass breached, bolt-action Mortar Pistol nested carefully inside a Longstrike shell.

This master piece was conceptualized and built by myself (FaytZero) with input from WinterStrike, WH1PLASH and (-_-) BlAcK_PhOeNix-{-^_^-). But enough credits, let's get to the blaster!

Sorry about the pics, I'm at work and most image hosting sites don't work. I will re-size and fix them up this evening.

External Pictures

In this first picture you can see side view of the Repulser. Up front you can see the bolt handle to open and close the brass breach. And up the back you can see the rear end of the Mortar Pistol tank as well as the pump. If you pay close attention you can see the a tank support where the original Longstrike used to go, this is used to keep the tank from tuning in the shell and keep the trigger align which you will see in a few pictures time.
    First Pic

This is an up-close picture of the bolt and bolt slide I have cut into the external Longstrike shell. The bolt is from a Buzz Bee Hunter hence the recent looking to buy threads by myself to try to find more.It turns out that if you cut off the bolt from a Hunter its basically hollow and a piece of 19/32 brass fits perfectly inside with minimal dremeling.
    Second Pic

Just a top down view of the bolt and bolt slide, you can also see how the bolt when fully back sits almost flush with the inserted clip. You can also see a slight amount of the brass barrel/breach as well.
    Third Pic
    Fourth Pic

This is a close up of the rear end of the Longstrike where the tank and pump are located. You will notice that a reasonable amount of the shell had to be dremeled away to ensure a good fit with the tank. You will also notice that the last screw on the rail isn't closed, unfortunately I stripped the port when putting it back together but have since solved the issues by using a small bolt.
    Fith Pic

Internal Pictures

In this first picture of the Repulser's internals you'll see some very awesome features. The first I would point out is how well made the trigger is on the Mortar Pistol, in short its just a small lever that opens the air valve, on top of that no matter how hard or soft you pull it the Mortar Pistol discharges all its air in one big burst. Unlike main mainstream air tanks that leak air if you slowly pull the trigger or valve, the Mortar Pistol does not have that flaw thus ensuring that every shot you make will be consistent.
    Sixth Pic

Another awesome feature is that with skillful tank placement in the Longstrike shell the stock trigger in the Longstrike matches up almost perfectly to the Mortar Pistol's release button. All you need to do is just dremel the Mortar Pistol's button to match the curve of the Longstrikes.
    Seventh Pic

Moving on you can see the brass barrel and breach. The barrel is 17/32, the breach sleeve is 9/16 and the bolt is attached with 19/32. I find that 17/32 works best with Stock Nerf Foam and Blue Foam and I'm sure there are other types out there that would work just as well. The barrel length is just short of 2ft coming in at 22 inches.
    Eighth Pic

lastly you will also see that the attachment part at the front that the barrel extension screws onto has been excessively dremeled, this is done because it obstructs the bolt attached to the breach.
    Nineth Pic

So basically that's it, shortly I will be doing a video write-up with the help of WinterStrike that will go over how it was built from start to finish showing all the necessary steps along the way.

If you have any questions in the mean time don't hesitate to ask!

FaytZero Out!
    Acerised
    Acerised

Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP Empty Re: Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP

Post  Acerised Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 am

Great job.

What is the air volume of the Motar Pistol tank compared with a BBUMB/4B Tank?
    FaytZero
    FaytZero

Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP Empty Re: Stark Industries Repulser (Unpainted) - Longstrike/MP

Post  FaytZero Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 am

Acerised wrote:Great job.

What is the air volume of the Motar Pistol tank compared with a BBUMB/4B Tank?

Yeah sorry was a little vague on those types of details. It seems smaller than 4B which is what I normally use for this type of MOD but because of the awesome valve where all the air releases at once in a solid block, I would say that it capable of the ranges as a 4B.

Now I haven't tested it with decent weighted darts yet as I'm still working on a new style of dart. But with blue foam cut in half with a silly tip its getting about 130-140 ft flat and about 200ft angled.

Its hard to judge ranges though as the darts are too light for the blaster and tend to fishtail. I'll post more exact range details once I finish my darts.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Any news on the pictures? I don't like having to jump through hoops to see pictures posted on a public forum.

FaytZero
    FaytZero

Post  FaytZero Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:02 am

Unknown wrote:Any news on the pictures? I don't like having to jump through hoops to see pictures posted on a public forum.

Yes, sorry was out late last night with family and will be tonight but it should be all fixed by about 2-3am in the morning. Cheers
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 am

dont you find it a bit awkward having the pump on the back of the blaster? having to mostly let go of the blaster to pump it up then changing grip again to load a dart?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Did some hoop jumping and saw the pictures. Looks very nice, it's clean and doesn't have random holes everywhere which I like.

However like Frostythesnowman, I can't see that blaster being overly effective to use in a war. The pump placement could hardly be worse, although I understand you didn't have much of a choice. I like the Trigger set up though, it's simple and simple is reliable.

I'm not sure what I think about the breech operation, to me it seems like your just adding to the ineffectiveness of the blaster. It's just another manual operation between shots. I personally feel that an RSCB would have been a better choice. Each to his own I guess.

Good job, I like it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm