Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Longshot issues

rjbprime
    rjbprime

Longshot issues Empty Longshot issues

Post  rjbprime Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:28 am

So I managed to finally finish my Longshot, following Longshot Mods - Mod Works and Longshot Brass Breech - Mod Shot. But now when I go to fire it, closing the breech pushes the barrel part out the front of the blaster a bit, and when I try to push it back shut and fire it, it "fires" (no dart comes out), but doesn't allow you to re-open the breech, you have to pull the barrel out a bit with pliers. If I leave the barrel out that bit, it goes ten feet, due to no air seal. I followed the guide to the letter, in regards to the brass breech, but am unsure as to the problem.

Could someone inform me of possible fixes? As I would like to rectify it before next month (got a private Nerf War going on the first weekend of October).
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Longshot issues Empty Re: Longshot issues

Post  littlebro05 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 am

I am abit unsure of the issue of your longshot mod, so if it is possible. Could you provide us with as many pictures as you can. We will try to help you the best we can =).

Just to clarify, did you mean the '9/16" brass tube' is what get's pushed out?

How are the plunger seal? You may be missing one thing that I have done before which lead to decreased range.

rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:10 am

Yea its the 9/16 Brass tube barrel is what gets pushed out. I'm away from the tools tonight (burnt myself cooking lunch), so I'll be adding images tomorrow. Anything in particular you want images of? With the brass barrel, I have e-tape wrapped around two points of it, so if it needs to be araldited in, any pointers on what to stick it to would be appreciated.

Plunger seal seems fine, I used ONN's kit for it. One thing is that one of the bolt sled plates fell off, so, got to redo that.

Got to really crank the priming handle back, is the only thing.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm

The problem might be this then. If your barrel is pushed out about 8cm. It's because the 1/2" pusher part is pushing against the half breech of the barrel. So when it prime forwards it get's stuck. You have to push it hard then the breech closes, but by the, the brass is sticking out too much.

You will haev to find a way so taht the 9/16" is elevated in an upwards motion.

Try this. When you prime it back.

Push down on the 9/16" (via the magwell) and push the bolt forward.

There should be no resistance and your receiver should clear smoothly.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm

I'd start by ensuring the 9/16" barrel is doesn't move. You won't get a good seal if that is happening obviously. I e-tape mine, then use a tiny amount of super-glue, that way if something goes wrong, it's not a major issue to dissolve the bond with some lighter fluid.

Work on that, then see what happens. I'm sure we can troubleshoot any other issues.

Cheers,
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Sorry I haven't got back to the thread. Had a mate come over last Friday, to have a look at what may be the problem. He managed to get it to where it needed to be seated, then we glued it in. Didn't glue it is the issue. Problem resolved. Now onto the next part of the project. How do I source materials for making a shotgun grip, like that used in SGNerf's PVC Shotgun Grip mod? If I can do that, then this blaster is finished, aside from putting a stencil on it.

Our group has dubbed my longshot the "baby maker", due to making grown men cry like babies, on account of going to a mates place Thursday 13th and test firing it. We estimated 65m from half-way up their driveway to their side fence. It caught a bit of breeze and was angled a bit up, not sure the exact angle, but the majority were within a couple meters of the back fence, one went over. It is fairly accurate to twenty meters indoors, and makes a good thump when it hits.

Any help on my new question would be appreciated.

RJBPrime
    Baconheart
    Baconheart

Post  Baconheart Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:54 pm

rjbprime wrote:Sorry I haven't got back to the thread. Had a mate come over last Friday, to have a look at what may be the problem. He managed to get it to where it needed to be seated, then we glued it in. Didn't glue it is the issue. Problem resolved. Now onto the next part of the project. How do I source materials for making a shotgun grip, like that used in SGNerf's PVC Shotgun Grip mod? If I can do that, then this blaster is finished, aside from putting a stencil on it.

Our group has dubbed my longshot the "baby maker", due to making grown men cry like babies, on account of going to a mates place Thursday 13th and test firing it. We estimated 65m from half-way up their driveway to their side fence. It caught a bit of breeze and was angled a bit up, not sure the exact angle, but the majority were within a couple meters of the back fence, one went over. It is fairly accurate to twenty meters indoors, and makes a good thump when it hits.

Any help on my new question would be appreciated.

RJBPrime

I believe the 13mm PVC he uses for the arms in that guide is somewhere in between our 16mm and 20mm UPVC, size-wise. Just try one of those (or both, nested together for extra strength) and see if it works. They can both be bought from speciality electrical stores, such as Lawrence & Hanson, and the 20mm can also be bought from Bunnings. As for the actual grip part, I think your best bet would be to just go down to Bunnings with a tape measure or some calipers and find some PVC pipe that's close to 70mm ID.

The various bolts and nuts you should be able to get from Bunnings as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am