Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Firestrike to much spring problem.

Angellus
    Angellus

Firestrike to much spring problem. Empty Firestrike to much spring problem.

Post  Angellus Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:45 pm

So i brass barreled 17/32 my firestrike and added a 8kg SG nerf retaliator spring to the stock spring and the gun worked beatifuly.

Then I got gready and upgraded the stock spring to a OMW 8kg swarmfire one, as well as keeping the 8kg SG nerf relatiator spring. the swarm fire spring is almost spot on the size of the origanal but when compresed it is longer.

Now the gun has a hell of a lot of spring load ( watching my GF try and cock it is funny ), but acuracy and power seem down.

One problem that i think is irrelevant, but ill mention it incase im missing something is, even though the brass barrel seems a tight fit in the gun, shooting the gun now pushes the barrel out a little, but even when holding the barrel in place power seems down.- ( yep i get the physics on the barrel being pushed out losses energy, and a spot of hotglue will fix this )

also there is some spring noise when fireing. Im thinking the springs are touching on fireing??? I have checked the internals for any leeks/breakages, and they all look ok.

Any help here before I operate as i superglued the plunger head up to hold the spring load would be apreciated.

Cheers guys

Andy.

oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Firestrike to much spring problem. Empty Re: Firestrike to much spring problem.

Post  oznerfnerd Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 am

Angellus wrote:So i brass barreled 17/32 my firestrike and added a 8kg SG nerf retaliator spring to the stock spring and the gun worked beatifuly.

Then I got gready and upgraded the stock spring to a OMW 8kg swarmfire one, as well as keeping the 8kg SG nerf relatiator spring. the swarm fire spring is almost spot on the size of the origanal but when compresed it is longer.

Now the gun has a hell of a lot of spring load ( watching my GF try and cock it is funny ), but acuracy and power seem down.

One problem that i think is irrelevant, but ill mention it incase im missing something is, even though the brass barrel seems a tight fit in the gun, shooting the gun now pushes the barrel out a little, but even when holding the barrel in place power seems down.- ( yep i get the physics on the barrel being pushed out losses energy, and a spot of hotglue will fix this )

also there is some spring noise when fireing. Im thinking the springs are touching on fireing??? I have checked the internals for any leeks/breakages, and they all look ok.

Any help here before I operate as i superglued the plunger head up to hold the spring load would be apreciated.

Cheers guys

Andy.

Mate,

There comes a point where only so heavy a spring will give any benefit.

We've done a fair bit of work with spring manufacturers, and aren't a big fan of doubling springs.

You need to look at a range of factors, like the tightness of your o ring seal, the sealing of your breach, the type of lubricant you are using, as well as just the heaviest load spring you can fit.

You want the thing to cock properly and smoothly, as well as not destroy itself when fired.

When you get all that right, you can always look at custom darts for even better results.
    Angellus
    Angellus

Post  Angellus Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 am

I havent had any time to look at the problem properly, however in the few time I have picked up athe gun and shot at the dog when its been barking I've noticed the darts are spliting along the length on the front half, so I think the gun has to much punch for elete darts and could be making them grow and stick in the barrel, then burst as they are exiting the gun. That or they are breaking on impact with the wall/dog/mrs/small children.

Ill keep you guys posted.

Andy.
    Angellus
    Angellus

Post  Angellus Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm

OK, so a coupe of my after market springs I have in diferent guns sound a little noisy until they run in. Hence the noise i was getting.

The problem is the definately the darts splitting. I still havent had time to see if this is happening on fireing or on impact.

Andy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 pm